ポーカーをはじめよう!Cincinattiとは?hop outta the showerは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ポーカーをはじめる際の指示文がわかりません。なぜcincinattiなのか、またno blindsとはどういう意味なのでしょうか?
  • フレンズのシーンで登場するフレーズhop outta the showerは比喩表現なのでしょうか?その意味を教えてください。
  • ポーカーのルールや用語についてよくわからないという人も多いと思います。本記事ではポーカーをはじめる際の指示文およびフレーズの意味について解説します。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

フレンズこの1文!from 1-18

以下の文がわかりません。 ご教示願います。 ●MNCA: Alright, Cincinatti, no blinds, everybody ante. [deals cards] なぜcincinattiなのか、no blinds とは ●ROSS: Well, you better hop outta the shower, cause... I gotta flush. [lays down cards] hop outta the showerは比喩表現? ポーカーをはじめます。 MNCA: Alright, Cincinatti, no blinds, everybody ante. [deals cards] PHOE: [looks at her cards] Yes! [everyone looks at her] .... or no. [Ross comes back from bathroom.] ROSS: Alright. [to Rachel]: Your money's mine, Green. RACH: Your fly is open, Geller. [he checks it, and zips up] [Time lapse.] しばらくしてから... PHOE: You guys, you know what I just realized? 'Joker' is 'poker' with a 'J.' Coincidence? CHAN: Hey, that's... that's 'joincidence' with a 'C'! JOEY: Uh... Phoebe? Phoebe? PHOE: Yeah. Um... I'm out. [throws in cards] RACH: I'm in. MNCA: Me too. JOEY: Me too. Alright, whattaya got. ROSS: Well, you better hop outta the shower, cause... I gotta flush. [lays down cards]

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

Poker については私は疎いので深くは追求しませんが、poker と Cincinnati で検索すると、Cincinnati poker (rules) というのが出てきます。 http://www.top15poker.com/rules/Cincinnati.html いくつかあるポーカーの種類のひとつでしょうね。他に Texas hold'em というのは聞いたことがあります。 また、blind については、ポーカー用語集 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_poker_terms) によると、A type of forced bet とあります。詳しくはこちら (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_%28poker%29) Monica: Alright, Cincinatti, no blinds, everybody ante. Dealer である Monica がこれからどんなルールでプレイするかを declare (宣言) しています。 Ross: Well, you better hop outta the shower, 'cause... I gotta flush. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_poker_hands#Flush これはポーカーの「手」のひとつであるフラッシュと、トイレの水を流すこと (flushすること) を掛けているシャレです。 「みんなシャワーから出たほうがいいよ、なぜなら... フラッシュするからね。」 シャワーは cold water と hot water をミックスして温度を調整しますが、トイレは cold water しか使っていないので、誰かがシャワーを浴びているときに、他の誰かがいたずらにトイレの水を流す (flushする)と、一気に cold water が使われるため、シャワーからは hot water のみが急に出てきます。そのためシャワーを浴びている人はあまりの熱さに悲鳴をあげるというわけです。このようなシーンがアメリカのコメディー番組ではよく見られます。(日本の家庭の配管はどうなっているのか知らないので、同じことが起こるかどうか分かりません。試してみてください。(笑)) 私はアメリカに住んでいるので、本当にそうなるのか自分で試したことがあります。自分でシャワーを浴びているときに手を伸ばしてトイレの水を流してみましたが、たいして熱くならずがっかりしました。自分が日本人なので熱いお湯には結構慣れているのかも知れません。アメリカ人は特に「熱い」お風呂に浸る習慣がないので熱いお湯には悲鳴をあげるのでしょう。

iphone1207
質問者

お礼

いつもありがとうございます。 素晴らしい回答でした。 やっぱり現地にいる方は凄いですね... 私も擬似留学→留学→移住を目指します。 ありがとうございました! もし宜しければ...1-19もお願いします

関連するQ&A

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16(3)

well maybe now I'm not ok with it not being ok. この一文がわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ ジョーイがフィービーにフィービーの双子の姉をデートに誘ってもいいかと再度確認しているシーン。 JOEY: Hey, Phoebe, I asked you and you said it was ok. PHOEBE: All right, well, maybe now it's not ok. JOEY: Ok, well maybe now I'm not ok with it not being ok. PHOEBE: Ok.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-13

ジョーイの父がカフェにやってきました。 ジョーイの友達と久しぶりに会い、近況を聞いて回ってます。 Home for twoがわかりません。 ■シチュエーション■ フィービーは新しい彼氏ロジャーといる ロスの奥さんはレズであり、今はロスは独り身 チャンドラーは冗談が好き ご教授願います。 Phoebe: Oh. This is my friend Roger. Rog: Hi. MrT: Hey. Hey, good to see you Roger... Rog: You too, sir. MrT: What happened to the, er, puppet guy? Joey: Dad! Er... (Gesturing...) MrT: Oh. Oh. Er, excuse me. So, Ross, er, how’s the wife? Joey: Uuuuhhh!! (Ross cringes, Joey gestures again...) MrT: Home for two, eh? Er, Chandler, quick, say something funny!

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-12

boy scouts could have camped under there. が何を意図しているのかイメージがつかめません。 ◇シチュエーション フィービーが仕事でマッサージ師をやっている。 彼女の友達のレイチェルの恋人である Paolo(イタリア人のプレイボーイ)が彼女のマッサージ店にやってきて、彼女にマッサージを受ける。受けている際、フィービーは突然、彼におしりを触られる。 その場面を回想しながら、フィービーはフィービーの友達にその事件について話している。 PHOEBE: He made a move on me. JOEY, CHANDLER: Oooohhh... ROSS: My God! MONICA: Are you sure? [Flashback: Paolo, lying on massage table, grabs Phoebe's butt] PHOEBE: Oh yeah, I'm sure. [Flashback resumes while Phoebe does voice-over] And all of a sudden his hands weren't the problem anymore. [Flashback continues: Paolo rolls over, Phoebe looks down, then quickly looks up, bites lip, shakes her head] MONICA: Was it...? ◇PHOEBE: Oh, boy scouts could have camped under there. GUYS: Oooooo....

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16

you might wanna run it by, uh-- So that if we went out on a date, she'd be there. ここの2つの部分がわかりません 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ ジョーイがフィービーの双子の姉にアタックしようとしている。 チャンドラーはフィービーにもそれを言ったほうがいいのでは、的な発言をしているシーン JOEY: She is so hot. CHANDLER: Yeah, listen. Before you do anything Joey-like, you might wanna run it by, uh-- JOEY: Pheebs? You think it would be ok if I asked out your sister? PHOEBE: Why? Why would you wanna do that? Why? JOEY: So that if we went out on a date, she'd be there.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-19-2

以下の箇所がわかりません。 何卒ご教示願います。 ●don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? これはどういう意味で、何をいいたいのか、わかりません。 ● I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey. 文の意味はわかるのですが、文脈上でどういう意図で言っているのか? [Ross, Chandler & Joey in a pizza place] Chandler: You know, I cannot believe we are even having this discussion. Joey: I agree. I’m, like, in disbelief. Chandler: I mean, don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? Ross: I’m telling you, she said she’s looking for a relationship with someone exactly like me. Joey: She really said that? Ross: Well, I added the "exactly like me" part, but she said she’s looking for someone, and someone is gonna be there tonight. Joey: Tonight, tonight? Ross: Well, I think it’s perfect, you know, it’s just gonna be the two of us, she’s spent all day taking care of my monkey... Chandler: I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-10

Ross: C'mon, Marcel, whaddya say you and I do a little mingling? [Marcel runs off] Alright, I'll, uh... catch up with you later. what do you say you and I do a little mingling? の一文をできれば、文法的に解読お願いいたします。

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-5

◇シチュエーション ジョーイ、ジョーイの元彼女とその恋人、ジョーイの友人のモニカが一緒に食事をしている。 ジョーイはモニカにジョーイの元彼女とその恋人は兄弟であると伝えている。 ジョーイは元彼女とよりを戻したい。 モニカは紹介されたジョーイの元彼女の恋人に一目惚れ。 しかし、モニカは兄弟であると伝えられている目の前の二人がイチャイチャしているので、 なんか兄弟なのに、イチャイチャしておかしいよ、ジョーイ、まさか騙したわね、という態度をとっている。 色々調べてみましたが、◇の部分がわかりません。 何卒解読願います。 JOEY: Come on, they're close. MNCA: Close? She's got her tongue in his ear. ◇JOEY: Oh, like you've never gotten a little rambunctious with Ross. MNCA: Joey, this is sick, it's disgusting, it's, it's--not really true, is it? ◇JOEY: Well, who's to say what's true? I mean-- MNCA: Oh my god, what were you thinking? ◇JOEY: All right, look, I'm not proud of this, ok? Well, maybe I am a little.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-17

以下の(2)つの箇所がわかりません。 (1)wouldn't you guys? (2)you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit. ご教示願います。 ■シチュエーション ジョーイはフィービーの双子の姉であるアースラの誕生日にアースラとデートに行くと言っています。 もちろん、フィービーもその日は誕生日。フィービーとジョーイはお友達ですが、フィービーとアースラは犬猿の仲。 CHANDLER: There it is! So what're you gonna do? JOEY: What can I do? Look, I don't want to do anything to screw it up with Ursula. CHANDLER: And your friend Phoebe? JOEY: Well, if she's my friend, hopefully she'll understand. I mean, wouldn't you guys? CHANDLER: Man if you tried something like that on my birthday, you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-19-3

●so long as  we’re here, and, er, not on the subject, これが何を意味しているのか、わかりません。 ご教示願います。 ■ロスがレイチェルとケンカした後、仲直りする場面。 ロスはレイチェルが好きです。 ワインを飲もうと言って、ムードを演出するため、わざと電気を消して.. というシーン Ross: No, no. Yeah, but you were the one who got him back, you know, you, you, you were great... Hey, we, er, we still have that, er, that bottle of wine... You in the mood for something grape? Rachel: Sure. That’ll be good. Ross: Alright. Er (Gets wine, glasses, and turns down the lights...... The, er, the neighbours must be vacuuming! Well, er, so long as we’re here, and, er, not on the subject, erm, I was thinking about, er, how mad we got at each other... before... and, erm, I was thinking maybe it was partially because of how we, er, how we...

• フレンズこの1文!

I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease. この1文を文法的な解説を含め解読お願いいたします。 文脈は、タバコをやめろよ、とチャンドラーがジョーイやロスに言われているシーンです。 JOEY: Do you have any respect for your body? ROSS: Don't you realise what you're-you're doing to yourself? CHANDLER: Hey, y'know, I have had it with you guys and your cancer and your emphysema and your heart disease. The bottom line is, smoking is cool, and you know it.