• ベストアンサー

marry /get married

このサイトの同じ項目は読んだのですが、よくわからなかったので、質問いたします。 He had lived in N.Y until he ( ) a college classmate of his. (1) got married (2) married with (3) married to (4) married で、(4)が正解なのですが、(1)はなぜ×なのでしょうか? 自分でも(4)を選び正解はしましたが、(1)が×の理由がわかりません。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Tacosan
  • ベストアンサー率23% (3656/15482)
回答No.2

#1 に蛇足を追加するけど, 結局のところ ・marry には他動詞としての用法がある (から目的語を直接受け取ることができる) ・get married は自動詞である (から目的語を受けるには前置詞が必要) ということ. つまり (1) が got married to であったなら OK.

その他の回答 (2)

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.3

be 動詞(あるいは get)+過去分詞+前置詞(+目的語) という形の表現は多いのでこの際覚えましょう: I am satisfied with my life. He is scared of dogs. Jenny is married to John. (Will you marry me?) I am prepared for an audition. She is dressed in a red suit. I am protected from my enemy. I got interested in theater art when I came to New York. Jenny got married to John last year.

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

got married ですと自己完結で、後何も要らない、しかし(4)は他動詞ですから、目的語が要る、と言うことではないでしょうか。     (1)は括弧の後、まだゴチャゴチャあるから ×、と言うことでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I got involved with who I thought was a great guy. He lived in a different city but worked often in mine. We had great chemistry, great times together, and I was honestly falling in love with him until I discovered he was a lying, cheating dirtbag. He left his “family” cellphone out to charge. The screen picture was him with his wife and kids. He left his “family” cellphone out to charge.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• ofの使い方の確認をお願いします

the news of his death は マルですよね? the news of he got married は当然バツですよね? a question of why he got married to her は、マルですよね? the fact of him being married もマルですよね? 最後に、of以下は文は置けないけど、 間接疑問文を含む文ならおけると言うことになるのでしょうか?

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband’s father died just before we got married, 17 years ago. He had been married to a woman with three daughters of her own, and the two had just had another baby girl at the time of his death. My husband and his brothers had a contentious relationship with their stepmother and stepsisters, and cut them out of their lives entirely after their father’s estate was settled. their father’s estate was settledはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• sunken-in eyes

My 27-year-old cousin “Joe” struggled with back pain after playing football in college, and in the last several years he has developed an addiction to prescription painkillers. When he attended family functions, we noticed he had lost a significant amount of weight, had sunken-in eyes, was very depressed, and had lost his job. sunken-in eyesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の問題を解いてください!お願いします!

次の問題を解いてください!お願いします! 次の文の(?)内に入れるのに最も適当なものを、下から1つずつ選べ。 (1)Tadashi (?) in Turkey for three years when the earthquake happened. ア.was イ.has been ウ.would be エ.had been (2)I heard a scream behind me;one of the boys (?) on a snake. ア.step イ.was stepped ウ.stepping エ.had stepped (3)The manager got angry because we (?) finished the work by the deadline. ア.had イ.hadn't ウ.have エ.haven't (4)He lost the watch his uncle (?) him for his birthday. ア.give イ.giving ウ.was given エ.had given 次の日本文の英訳として最も適当なものを1~5から1つ選べ。 彼はメアリーと結婚して20年になる。 1、He had married Mary twenty years ago. 2、He has been marrying to Mary for twenty years. 3、He married Mary for twenty years. 4、It has been twenty years since he got married to Mary. 5、It is for twenty years that he got married to Mary.

• よろしくお願いします

My son's best friend since middle school has been living in my guest room for a couple of months now, since his 18th birthday. His home situation has been very unstable for the past few years since his parents split up, and he bounced around their houses until he turned 18, at which point he began to stay with us because he could no longer tolerate the situation with his parents. He is a really good kid, has a job and does well in school, got into college pretty much on his own, and just needs some stability. His parents know where he is, but do not check on him that I know of. bounced around their housesはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、that I know ofは何にかかっているのでしょうか?前に名詞がないのにこのような形がとれるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 長文ですがどなたか翻訳をお願いします。

父親の特徴が書いてあります。 日本語訳をしていただければ助かります! 宜しくお願いします。 His father was a healthy lusty person, with a lot of physical vitality. Big in stature and with a lot of muscular strength and energy. A man with a long face and hollow eyes, brown hair. There was a stiffness in his demeanor and body and a formality in his manner.. Well liked by women and apt to go wrong in life. A man of meager fortunes who was greedy and lazy with a moral decay when it came to money. A conceited hypocrite, with an authoritative manner. who tried to set his children a good example by the way he lived his life, and enforced his good manners and standards on them, which would have been ok, had he lived up to these in his own life. But he always open to receiving benefits from others, but giving non of his own. Wanting distinction in life. In his past there may have been a murder close to him. Or some kind of blood bath through which he passed. He had an untidy but comfortable room with open books. Liked mental pursuits and learning. May have dabbled in writing, been interested in astronomy, or astrology and history literature and antiquities. His children may have only seen the best side of him, or the hardest. He made them behave, but he could be generous and encouraging to them too. He had a good memory, and was superstitious. Neither the worst nor the best of fathers

• 英文の翻訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His father was a man who was Tall, and moderately fat with large eyes and black hair and a long banana or crescent moon shaped face. A proud looking man. He had trouble with one of his knees and his leg was a bit weak or crooked. He had a hospitable and generous nature. He tried to mould the minds of his children into the right direction in life. Married late in life to a woman of superior position and his past was not so good. He could be melancholic and liked to study or read in the silence of his own chamber with a lamp, which his children were not welcome to disrupt. He was stricter and sharp with the children when they were small. but, gentler when they were older and behaved better. He could be merry, eat drink and have fun and include the children. He felt happy amongst his family and children. He was intuitive and had a spiritual side.

• gesticulate wildly~

以下の英文について教えてください。 Under the pretext of being a surgeon he gained entry to the hospital. When interviewed by the director, he had to fabricate a tale of his medical experience, but he was so adroit at lying that he got away with it. 【It was not until the phony "doctor" began to gesticulate wildly with his scalpel, that a vigilant nurse was able to detect the fraud.】 In the annals of medical history there have been a number of such cases. *【It was not until the phony "doctor" began to gesticulate wildly with his scalpel, that a vigilant nurse was able to detect the fraud.】 のところがわかりません。 訳は→用心深い看護師は偽の“医者”が、メスで激しい身ぶり手ぶりを交え始めるまで詐欺を発見することができなかった、ですか? 意味がよくわかりません。 gesticulate wildlyは”激しい身ぶり手ぶりを交える”という意味だと思うのですが gesticulate wildly with his scalpelというのはどういう意味なのでしょうか? なぜそれによって詐欺を発見できたのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• ハリーポッターをどうか構造的に訳して下さい!

私がわからない文はこれです‥ He had spent ten years with the Dursleys, never understanding why he kept making odd things happen without meaning to, believing the Dursleys' story that he had got his scar in the car crash which had killed his parents. 基本単語で文が成り立っていますが、訳せません。 文法力が足りないんですよね。文を構造的に読むことができないでいます。 わかっているんですが、ここでは何の文法知識が必要なのかさえわからない状態なのです。 He had spent ten years with the Dursleys(SVO+M) never understanding why(??) he kept making odd things happen without meaning to(SV+M??) この文でのVはhappen(自動詞)でしょうか? なぜなら、happenの品詞はVしかないのですから‥ではkept making odd thingsはどうなるんですか? また、 without meaning toのtoは代不定詞でしょうか? believing the Dursleys' story that he had got his scar in the car crash which had killed his parents ‥どこまでがSで切るのかわかりません‥ どうか、こんな情けない私を助けてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。