The Complicated Connection: A Single Female Physician's Bond with Her Mentor

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A single female physician in her mid-30s finds herself unable to let go of a deep intellectual and (brief) romantic connection with her much older mentor.
  • Despite a significant age difference, the mentor, John, has been a guiding figure in the physician's professional and personal life for the past decade.
  • As the physician prepares to move away after her fellowship, both she and John struggle with the emotional impact of not being able to see each other regularly.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

fellowship

I am a single female physician in my mid-30s. I had a deep intellectual and (brief) romantic connection with my much older mentor. Now, I can’t figure out how to let go. “John” is over 20 years older than I am, divorced with grown children. He’s taught me everything I know about being a doctor. We delighted in each other’s friendship and a mentor/protégée relationship for most of the past decade. I was moving away after my fellowship and we both became emotional that we couldn’t see each other regularly. ここでのfellowshipはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

アメリカの医療制度の中で、医者が独立するために取る臨床トレーニング期間。https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fellowship_(medicine) 詳しくしりませんがアメリカの大学の医学過程を終了後、1年間インターンと呼ばれるさらなる訓練を受けることが義務付けられていて、その後レジデンツと呼ばれる、さらなる教育訓練を選ぶのが通例らしいですが、その後専門医になるために、フェローと呼ばれる研修を受けることがあるそうです。日本の研修医と同じかと思いましたがどうもだいぶ違うようです。 https://www.verywellhealth.com/types-of-doctors-residents-interns-and-fellows-3157293#interns

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ここでのfellowshipはどのような意味でしょうか? ここでの fellowship は、下記の1「交際」でしょう。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=fellowship&ref=sp  私はこの付き合いにケリをつけようとしていたが、私たちは両方ともお互いが定期的に会えないってことで感情的になっちゃって(離れられないの)

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 比較級

I am nine weeks pregnant with our first child. We are a little older and I’ll be 32 when the baby is born. My problem is I don’t feel any need to tell anyone, other than my husband, that I am pregnant. olderは何に対しての比較でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am in my mid-40s and was briefly married in my 20s. It was a nightmare that I vowed never to repeat. I am physically fit, have a good job, and own my own place, but I have no interest in chasing women outside my age. I want companionship and someone to enjoy the finer things in life with, but the women I meet don’t take me at my word. My last two relationships, representing a year each, were with women who agreed with me at the onset and changed their minds later. 1 outside my ageとはどうことでしょうか? 2 finer thingsは英語での説明はあったのですが、日本語にすると何でしょうか? 3 representing a year eachはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• fellowship

I am an artist and an altogether determined person who has been working for years to edge my way into an extremely difficult professional field. I bartend at night so I can write and audition and apply during the day. Since I’ve gotten out of grad school, it’s been a struggle, but I would never give back the ecstatic highs I’ve experienced to avoid even the most shattering lows. Now I write plays and screenplays that I’m trying to get produced, and when I audition for things, it’s always for work I really want to be a part of. I’m applying for fellowships and meeting with potential producers of my work. I’ve fought through anxiety, depression, and extreme poverty to come to a place where I feel good and healthy enough to really put myself and my work out there and make a mark on the world. edge my way intoは「苦労して入る」という感じでしょうか? ここでのfellowshipsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• a person in my own right

The problem comes when dealing with the other grandmother, especially when others are in the vicinity. I don't know whether it's because I am older than she is or what, but she always addresses me as "Gramma Mary," as in, "Gramma Mary, what would you like to do today?" I find this condescending, disrespectful and rude. First of all, I am not her grandmother. Second, I am a person in my own right, with a job and hobbies. a person in my own rightはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• fill in

Every year my husband and I host a holiday get-together for several of our friends and neighbors. We provide the main dish, a couple of sides and drinks. We ask friends to fill in with other salads, sides and desserts. fill in with other saladsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• pulled in backの意味

My dad delivered bread for a living. We enjoyed each other’s company, so he’d drive home at lunchtime and I’d go with him. One day, we delivered to a large grocery store. When we pulled in back, the manager saw me and said, “I heard it’s your birthday, so go pick out anything in our toy aisle free.”

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a semiretired professional in a high-tech field, and my services are in demand. I work from home. Other demands on my time are housekeeping (I only do as much as I want, because we have help and money) and babysitting—my husband and I have two lovely grandchildren. Other demands on my timeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I’ve known a guy as a friend for a few years, and we see each other every few months and catch up. I recently found myself single at the same time he was and I thought he might be interested in me. We’ve both began communicating with each other more than usual. However, it’s always about our cats. We make plans to do things where there will be cats, visit with each other’s cats, message each other cat memes and updates about our cats, and even plan “cat dates” for our cats to hang. We make plans to do things where there will be catsの訳とwhereの文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 英語やくしてください

my husband is very gentle,kind and intelligent man.we are considerate to each other.i feel calm when I'm with him. my bf. he is all curiosty. he said you inspire my lifestyle. because we need motivation i am an artist and he is journalist こちらの2文は先翻訳頼んだ人より相当のろけていると 感じますが、どうなんでしょ。 翻訳よろしくお願いします。

• what I am about

I have been seeing a woman who is 21 years younger than I am. She says she loves me, but I am hesitant because of our age difference. We have known each other for years. She had a crush on me when she was 16, but I was married at the time, and she was too young. We made love a couple of times when she was in her 20s because I was divorced and she was single. Now it's 10 years later. I'm in my late 50s; she's in her 30s. We are both single, and she wants to take care of me for the rest of my life. She brings me lunch every once in a while, which I am amazed at because it's a long drive from where she lives. I worry about what other people will think, but she doesn't care and says she wants to love me and care for me because she knows what I am about. what I am aboutはどのような意味でしょうか?what I amとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします