• ベストアンサー

academicの意味

I’m a graduate student in her late 20s who smokes a lot of pot. I live with my boyfriend who’s also an academic, and we have a great life together. ここでのacademicはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、in her late 20sのところはin my late 20sと言ってもいいのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

ここでのacademicはどのような意味でしょうか? (大学院生である私と同様)「研究者」という意味です。 in her late 20sのところはin my late 20sと言ってもいいのでしょうか? よいでしょう。むしろ "in my late 20s" とした方が自然です。ここでは自分が女性であることを明示的に示したいがために "in her 20s" と自分を客観視した言い方をしているのでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

My friend died 13 years ago, leaving his wife $1 million in life insurance. Since then, she has lived a high lifestyle. She bought two high-end cars, put in a spa that she keeps heated 24/7 “just in case” she feels like using it, remodeled her kitchen as a way to employ a boyfriend, and buys pot and booze for all her hanger-on friends. put in a spaとbuys pot and booze for all her hanger-on friendsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

Yesterday my boyfriend’s mother offered to pay for some classes in cake decorating for me so that I can further my experience in baking to get a better job. I’m unemployed looking for a bakery job right now, which is why she offered to pay, and she wants me to pay her back by doing housework for her over the weekends. As much as I would love to take this opportunity, our relationship has been strained because of the circumstances of how her son and I came to be. strainedとhow her son and I came to beの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

My best childhood friend married a boy she met through me in high school. I am closer to her but friends with both. He smokes pot. I knew he was hiding it and told him if she asked me outright I wouldn’t lie, but I didn’t see it as my place to “tattle” on him, and I don’t personally think it’s a big deal. I still don’t, except she got busted spending a lot more on a craft hobby than they agreed upon. she got busted spending a lot more on a craft hobby than they agreed uponの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

In the United States and Canada, tenure is a senior academic's contractual right not to have his or her position terminated without just cause. この英文の意味を教えてください。

• 何か省略されているのでしょうか

My mother chooses to hide the fact that her boyfriend is a pedophile. He abused me 15 years ago, when I was a teenager, and it still haunts me. Mom broke up with him for a short period of time, but they got back together, and the abuse started again. She didn't want to press charges because it would mess up his retirement. She is still seeing this man. I have had great therapy. My wonderful husband and I have a 5-year-old daughter. We used to allow her to stay overnight at Grandma's until she told us that Grandma took her to her boyfriend's house. I wrote my mother a letter and told her that as long as this man is in her life, we wouldn't be. we wouldn't beは何か省略されているのでしょうか?意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

(母親が子に甘いという文脈)His mother is sweet to a fault: She won’t raise her voice, she won’t punish or curtail bad behavior, and everything he does is a positive. Lately, however, I think he’s becoming too much for her. I get texts all day about his bad behavior breaking her down. When I say I hope he’s being made to experiences consequences, I get a desperate “How?!”’ or explanations that it’s too hard for her to do alone. I feel like as a new boyfriend it isn’t my place to be the disciplinarian, so unfortunately I sit by and watch him run rampant over her on a daily basis. he’s being made to experiences consequencesとrun rampant over her の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend’s sister “Clara” recently got divorced and moved into a fixer-upper with her kids. She has been working on it for a while but it has been a slow go. My boyfriend and I took a week of our vacation to come down and help her out. He worked on landscaping and fixing the porch while I painted and replaced tiles in the kitchen. I have extensive experience in home renovation since I worked for my uncle flipping houses in college. 1 working on itのitは何を指すでしょうか? 2 come downは「彼女の視点」からなのでしょうか?go downではいけないのでしょうか? 3 flipping housesはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Fifteen years ago my sister-in-law and I had a mutual friend, Barbie, who told me something unflattering about my sister-in-law. My relationship with my sister-in-law has been fractured ever since. I have since severed my relations with this friend for numerous other reasons, but Barbie is still good friends with my sister-in-law. Recently, I have felt that I should let my sister-in-law know how this woman betrayed her friendship by telling me her secret. Should I tell my sister-in-law or leave it alone and let her find out for herself? Seeing her buddy up to this person makes me crazy. Seeing her buddy up to this personはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

My gentleman friend and I are senior citizens who live together. We have acquired a dog and cat. I pay for the cat's food, vaccinations and litter. He pays for the dog's food and vaccinations. Last week my boyfriend accidentally slammed the door on the cat's tail. Part of it had to be amputated, and the bill for surgery, drugs, cone, etc. came close to $400. slammed the door on the cat's tailとconeの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えください

I live in an apartment building and my elderly neighbor next door has a clock that plays music every 15 minutes and chimes on the hour (12 chimes for 12:00, etc.). I’m a graduate student in a really intense program, and the noise is maddening. I don’t like confrontation, and I tried tolerating it for a few months (studying in the library, etc.), but I learn best at home and hate feeling like I’m being chased out of it. I’ve complained to management, and while he’s lowered the volume, I can still hear it. It’s not loud enough to clearly register on a cellphone recording, but in person it’s audible. being chased out of itとregister on a cellphone recordingの意味を教えください。よろしくお願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Windows10でMFC-J987DNを使用してパソコンから印刷する方法について解説します。
  • MFC-J987DNとWindows10のパソコンを無線LANで接続して印刷する手順を詳しく教えます。
  • MFC-J987DNのインターネット環境がなくても、Windows10のパソコンと接続して印刷する方法をご紹介します。
回答を見る