• ベストアンサー

fill in

Every year my husband and I host a holiday get-together for several of our friends and neighbors. We provide the main dish, a couple of sides and drinks. We ask friends to fill in with other salads, sides and desserts. fill in with other saladsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

fill in with other saladsはどのような意味でしょうか?  (私たちが主な料理(=肉類)23の添え物(=野菜類)飲み物を出し客に)サラダ、添え物、デザートなどを持ち寄って補ってもらって(メニューを)満たす、という意味でしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"fill in with" で「補足する」ですから、"fill in with other salads, sides ad desserts" で「その他のサラダ、サイドディッシュ、デザートは(友人に)持ち寄ってもらう」ということになると思います。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=fill+in+with つまり、メインディッシュや幾つかのサイドディッシュ、飲み物はホストである話者が用意し、その他の食べ物については招待した友人たちに持ち寄ってもらう、ということでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’m good friends with a recently married couple, “Mary” and “Mike.” They are great separately, but they have a tumultuous relationship that makes all of our mutual friends uncomfortable—they bicker constantly and put each other down in front of friends (we are all in our 30s and not prone to drama). not prone to dramaはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband has a frequent customer card for a local restaurant. Over time, he accumulated a credit of $40. We recently went to this restaurant with another couple. When the bill arrived, my husband took out his card and told the other couple they owed half of the bill, including the tip, and that he would apply his $40 credit to the remainder. apply his $40 credit to the remainderの意味をよろしくお願いします

• get in the guy’s face

On Saturday, my husband and I went to a sports bar to watch college football. While he was getting drinks another man came up and began to flirt with me. My husband rushed over and stepped in between us before getting in the guy’s face. getting in the guy’s faceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• in the months leading up

My husband and I socialize with another couple that we met at a meetup about a year and a half ago. Six months ago, the husband invited mine on a guys’ hiking weekend. In the six months leading up to it, it was discussed often and always as a guys-only weekend. On the car ride there, my husband found out that some men were bringing their wives. I am furious at the couple for lying to me. I wouldn’t have wanted to go, and I wouldn’t have been upset that my husband was going, but I do think it’s a huge lie considering we talked about it no less than 10 times in the months leading up. In the six months leading up to itは「ハイキングまでの6ヶ月の間に」でしょうか?あと、最後のin the months leading upの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 定冠詞について

My husband and I are friends with a couple who never reciprocate lunch and dinner invites. We see them every week when they come over for “family lunch.” We cook and they bring a purchased dessert, which is all fine, but they never help with the cleaning up. the cleaning upはなぜtheが付いているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• in tandem with

I have a friend who thinks I’m her best friend, and I convinced myself of that for a few years. However, in tandem with a few years of therapy, medication, and ongoing self-growth, I have slowly distanced myself from her. in tandem with a few years of therapyはどう訳したらよいのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• beyond the obvious

I live in a condo building with my girlfriend (we are gay), in a large city. We've lived here for three years. Our neighbors (a married couple in their 60s or 70s) have been rude and standoffish ever since we moved in. They ignore us when we greet them and typically just glare at us. We've always been considerate neighbors, so they have no reason to dislike us -- beyond the obvious. beyond the obviousはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• ここでのoneとthe otherは??

こんにちは。現在、Anthony Trollopeの自叙伝を 読んでいるのですが少し疑問に思ったことがあるので 質問させていただきます。 Many of us live in different circles; and when we go from our friends in town to our friends in the country, we do not usually fail to remember the little details of the one life or the other. The parson at Rusticum, with his wife and his wife's mother, and all his belongings;・・・. チャプターのほぼ始まりの部分なので、前の内容は略させて もらいます。 ここでのone lifeにthe otherはやはりtownではなく、 countryを受けていると解釈して間違いないでしょうか?? そこだけが確認できれば、後は問題ないです。 宜しくお願いします。

• inについて

英語やり直し組です Now, some regional political analysts credit ASEAN with helping persuade Burma to allow in foreign aid to help victims of Cyclone Nargis. The isolated Burmese government up to then had allowed in just a trickle of assistance from neighbors Thailand, Singapore, China and India. 上の二つの文に出てきている「in」がよくわかりません。 最初は誤植かと思っていましたが二つも出てきているのでその可能性はないと思うのですが必要性がわかりません。。。 どちらのケースも不必要に見えるのですがないと駄目なのでしょうか? またある場合とない場合だとどのような意味の違いがあるのでしょうか? お願いします。。。

• ( ) drop in somewhere f

( ) drop in somewhere for a cup of drinks on the way home? 1.Shall I 2.Would you 3.Shall we 4.Should you 5.Will we 解答と訳お願いします。