Understanding the Meaning of 'not prone to drama'

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn what the phrase 'not prone to drama' means and how it relates to a couple's relationship.
  • 'Not prone to drama' refers to individuals or couples who typically avoid or do not engage in dramatic or confrontational behavior.
  • In the context of the question, it suggests that the group of friends in their 30s generally prefer a drama-free environment but find Mary and Mike's constant bickering and putting each other down disturbing.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

I’m good friends with a recently married couple, “Mary” and “Mike.” They are great separately, but they have a tumultuous relationship that makes all of our mutual friends uncomfortable—they bicker constantly and put each other down in front of friends (we are all in our 30s and not prone to drama). not prone to dramaはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"not prone to drama" 「騒動にはうんざりだ」 Mary と Mike の間には複雑な、激動の過去があるようで、二人が一緒だと常に些細なことで言い争いを始め、周りに共通の友人がいるにも関わらず、お互いをけなし始める、という事態に陥ります。 しかし居合わせる、もう30代の、いい歳をした共通の友人たちにとって、こうした「騒動(drama)」はうんざりなのです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

not prone to dramaはどのような意味でしょうか? prone to は、下記のように「~する傾向がある」と言う意味です。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=prone  ですから「(私たちはみんな30過ぎで、お互いを罵り合うような)芝居をする傾向はない」> そんなのまだやってんのって感じ

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• confirmed atheists

Recently, my partner’s lifelong best friend and his wife were killed in a car accident, leaving us with custody of both of their children. They are two wonderful girls ages 4 and 2 and we love them dearly and are happy to have them. Both of them are comfortable with us since we spent a great deal of time together before their parents passed away, but we did not have any children of our own and we are taking a crash course in parenting. At this moment, I have two main concerns. One of them is that we are not sure how to help them understand what has happened. My partner and I are confirmed atheists, and although our friends were not seriously religious, they did have some spiritual beliefs and we are not sure whether they would want us to teach their daughters that they’ve gone to heaven or follow our own instincts to say that even though mom and dad loved them more than anything, they’re simply not coming back. confirmed atheistsとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• to不定詞の用法

People who have close friends naturally enjoy their company. Of equal importance are the emotional benefits they receive. When something sensational happens to us, sharing the happiness of the occasion with friends increases our joy. Conversely, in times of trouble and tension, when our spirits are low, taking away our worries and fears to sympathize with friends reduces the stress. この文章のtaking away our worries and fears to sympathize with friends reduces the stress.が難しいです。 訳してみると「友達と共感するために私たちの心配や恐れを取り除くことがストレスを減らす。」 逆じゃないですか?「心配や恐れを取り除くために友達と共感することがストレスを減らす。」ならわかるのですが。 それともto不定詞の訳し方を間違えていますか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。売れ筋と入荷情報について質問していたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 sorry I could not help more, I can ask for a list of XXX that are popular in USA but the hudson and ringo XXX I am sure will be popular. All of our smooth bucket XXX and satchels have sold out almost as soon as we put them out as well, they are similar to the Mansur XXX

• 文法と意味の解釈 I rejoined…

以下の文章に関する質問です。 I rejoice also in your advocation of the Indian rights. & concur in all your sentiments in their favor ... I wish that was the only blot in our moral history, and that no other race *had higher charges to bring against us. I am not apt to despair; yet* I see not how we are to disengage ourselves from that deplorable entanglement, we have the wolf by the ears and feel the danger of either holding or letting him loose. I shall not live to see it but those who come after us will be wiser than we are, for light is spreading and man improving. to that advancement I look, and to the dispensations of an all-wise and all-powerful providence to devise the means of effecting what is right. 1. no other race *had higher charges to bring against us.の理解ができないです。 「他のどの人種も我々にもたらすより大きな非難を持っていないことを願う。」→ 「我々にもたらされるべき最大の非難は、私たちだけが有していることを願う。」 理解が合っているか解釈チェック宜しくお願いします。 2. I see not how we are to disengage ourselves from that deplorable entanglement のnot が理解できないです。 意味的には、 I don’t see how we are to disengage ourselves from that deplorable entanglementだと思うのですが、 このnotの位置がなぜこのようになっているのか理解したいです。 解説宜しくお願いします。 3. to that advancement I look, and to the dispensations of an all-wise and all-powerful providence to devise the means of effecting what is right.の文法解釈と意味が分からないです。 to that advancement I lookは倒置しているように思いますが、なぜ倒置しているのか理解したいです。 *to the dispensations of an all-wise and all-powerful providence *to devise the means of effecting what is right. 全体的な文法構造がわからないです。 特にtoがなにと関連しているのか分からないです。lookと関係している?と感じましたが、カンマでちゃんと区切られているので、分からないです。解説宜しくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

We may call dogs our best friends, our companions for life and one of the most selfless creatures on this planet, but there are some people who think otherwise. Not everyone appreciates these loyal creatures for the gorgeous beings they are. the gorgeous beings they areですが、they areは必要なのでしょうか?they areがあるとどう違うのでしょうか?あと、文法的にも教えていただけるとありがたいです。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

この文章の和訳を教えてください。 My wanderings in life has always told me that sterotype behaviour is learned and fickle...the real person is always hiding within too scared to appear in fear of rejection....and we all have those same fears...so perhaps we can all sterotype our fears as well....others lay in ignorance to their real self....probably because they are fightened of who they are and they mask the truth of themselves... 拒否されることに対する恐れから本当の人格を隠そうとしてしまうっていうことなんでしょうか? 単語から大体内容はつかめてる気はするのですが、細かく読み取れません。 どなたか教えてくださるとうれしいです。

• i'sとt'sの意味がわかりません

マイナースポーツ選手の契約についてのエージェントの働きを皮肉まじりに解説しているのですが、この部分(the i's are dotted and t's are crossed in the contracts)の意味がわかりません。 Their agents are working diligently to make sure they're getting paid the maximum amount of money from sponsors. They also make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed in the contracts to protect them and their interests. ぜひアドバイスお願い致します。

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 “Epictetus says we must discover the missing art of assent and pay special attention to the sphere of our impulses—that they are subject to reservation, to the common good, and that they are in proportion to actual worth.” 著者が何をここで言おうとしているのか全く分からないです。 「エピクテトスは、我々が同意するという行為において見当たらない技巧を発見し、我々の衝動の範囲に特別な注意を払わなければいけない。要するに、それらは、疑念?(or 制限?)、公共の利益に影響を受けており、実際の価値に比例するものであるのだ。」 1. missing art of assent とは何を意味するのでしょうか? 2. they are subject to reservation, to the common good, and that they are in proportion to actual worth. 3. Epictetus says we must discover ….and pay special attention to the sphere of our impulses—that they are subject to … 上記の部分は理解できますが、… で省略されている部分に関しては意味がまったくわからないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。pro-mourn

A lot of you reading this are not going to believe this job is a real thing. But professional mourners -- people paid to attend funerals and pretend to be friends and family of the deceased -- are not only real, but common. Or they are in places like China; it's only just now starting to take off in Western countries. it's only just~のitが示している部分はどこに当たるのでしょうか?またonly justはどのように文意を捉えればよいでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• どういう意味ですか?

どういう意味ですか? よろしくお願いします。 My sister : "The order should be available in the course of our instincts. Courtesywill be the means of communicating more enjoyable with our brothers. Imposition is the internal path when tells us the good, the brotherhood makes us attract mates for the same fellowship. Criticism is fruitful field when exercised in our inner world. And the weighting grows and grows our friendship in all directions. The barely worthy of comment is that we do; in reference to the other, the guard brings us confidence that all strive for the best. As a spiritual apprentice, you must be prepared to face the difficulties that are associated with every genuine spiritual quest and was determined to persist in their efforts and will. You should try to anticipate the obstacles that inevitably find along the way and understand that the key to successful practice is never abandon his determination. " I wish a lot of light in his ways Tenzin Gyatso master and Joanna de Angelis