• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

よろしくお願いします

I got married six months ago. My relationship with my family is at best distant—we don’t have a lot in common and there were several incidents of what I’ve been told most people would call abuse (but I’m not there yet, mentally speaking). My dad is a racist, sexist creep. I’ve managed to get him to tone it down around me enough that I can handle a monthly phone call, but that’s my limit. I really didn’t want him to walk me down the aisle, but by the end of the engagement, I was so burned out on decision-making that I just didn’t have the strength for that conversation, with him or any of my many relatives who would have demanded an explanation. His behavior was horrible. He was so drunk at the rehearsal that I had to hold him up as we walked down the aisle, at best distantとhold him upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数61
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15082/32266)

at best distantとhold him upはどのような意味でしょうか?  (い)at best distant   最善の場合で、遠い > 他人行儀なのは、まだいい方  (ろ)hold him up  (結婚式のリハーサルでバージンロードを花嫁を支えて歩くはずが、酔っ払って、足がふらつき、自分では立てないので私が)彼を支えてやらなくてはならなかった、ということでしょう。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• get a hold of

I live in a different city from my long-term boyfriend, whom I love dearly. This weekend, I had far too much to drink and kissed another guy at a bar. It was a complete stranger—not someone I’m friends with, or attracted to, or anything of the sort. I have no idea what came over me, and I don’t even recognize that behavior. I did a lot of self-reflection, and I’ve decided that I need to get a hold of my drinking—I’m not a big drinker during the week, but occasionally on a weekend night I’ll binge drink. get a hold of my drinkingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

A few months ago, my husband uncovered an affair I was having with an old flame. He moved out and initiated divorce proceedings, but in the time since, I was able to convince him that I am truly repentant and to give our marriage another chance for the sake of our children. The problem I have now is that he says that if we are to stay married, he wants it to be an open marriage. I’ve tried to tell him that I’ve gotten that out of my system and I don’t want to be with anybody other than him, but he says there just isn’t any way he can ever trust me again, he doesn’t feel an obligation to be faithful to me anymore, and at least this way we’re being honest about it. ここでのgotten that out of my systemはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

What has been helpful is the diversity of examples I’ve seen at HBS. I have a very good friend who is one of the brightest people I’ve met here, but he chose to put his career on hold while his girlfriend was going through the match process for medical school. I think it says something that I was shocked by that behavior, but I think it is incredible that there are examples like that here for me to reference. http://www.refinery29.com/2015/05/87290/how-to-find-job-2015-harvard-business-school-graduation match processとここでのreferenceの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Q. Decisions: My husband has a major problems making decisions of all kinds and it paralyzes him so that he ends up accomplishing nothing professionally or coming home from the grocery store with eggs and not the lettuce he went to get, etc. I’ve always accepted it as a part of him and I help him when he asks, but now that we’re thinking about kids, I just can’t imagine a life where I’m constantly parenting for two when I don’t have to. He does realize this is a problem and I don’t know how to tell him I wouldn’t want to have children with him like this. What can I do? A: I don’t even understand why you’re married to someone who facing the produce aisle says, “Romaine, red leaf, iceberg—arghh, get me out of here!” facing the produce aisleはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Years ago I was pressured by one of my superiors into having an affair with him in exchange for a promotion and substantial raise. I was very young at the time, and didn’t know how to stand up for myself. I’ve always felt terrible for what I allowed to happen to me, and that I just let the man get away with it. I had been considering reporting him to his superiors (I’ve heard through the grapevine that he’s put several new hires and interns in the same position to date) but he left the company to run for a prominent office in our city. stand up for myselfとrun for a prominent officeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• want to have toの日本語訳について

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire [UK,adult版] p.751真ん中あたりの文についてです。 Harry nodded. A kind of numbness and a sense of complete unreality were upon him, but he did not care; he was even glad of it. He didn't want to have to think about anything that had happened since he had first touched the Triwizard Cup. ここで "He didn't want to have to think about anything that had happened since he had first touched the Triwizard Cup." の日本語訳は "優勝杯に触れてから起こったことについて何も考えたくなかった。" となっているのですが、なぜ「didn't want to have to think about 」が「について何も考えたくなかった」となるのでしょうか? 「didn't want to think about 」との違いを教えていただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

I am a man in my 60s. I'm writing out of concern for my friend. "Will" and I are the same age; in fact, we share a birthday. He and I became well-acquainted in childhood and were very attached to each other. But then, in my early teens, our relationship took on a new and unanticipated aspect. We found that we shared an interest in girls, and as we grew through our teens and into our early 20s, we had many adventures together. When I married, Will was there and always supportive. It wouldn't have been the same without him, and I'm sure my wife would agree. I never minded in the least the interest he showed in her. But now, Will seems to have lost much of his get-up-and-go. He no longer shows much interest in my wife or in any other woman. I've tried to get him to be more spontaneous, telling him stories and showing him pictures that he used to like, but I barely get a rise out of him. I've tried to get himはI've tried getting himではなくそのような形なのはなぜでしょうか?あと、ここでのget a rise out ofはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• もし良ければ訳してください。

The difference between France and Peru, regarding the culture: punctuality. When I arrived, I had to buy all my furnitures. For example, a man was suppose to come to install my curtains. He gave me an hour and I spent all day waiting for him. He didn't call me either. I lost my time and I was so angry that the day after I went to his workshop to tell him that he should have called me to tell me that he couldn't come. I told me that it was a lack of respect. He promised to come the day after at 8h. He was there 5 minutes before. 特に 最後の3文の I told me 以下を重点的にお願いします。

• 英文を訳し、( )の中に入る言葉を答えてください。

(1)の中に入る適切な言葉 (1)Including (2)Being included (3)Having been included (4)Included I used to hide my lunch so no one would see the bag or read the napkin, but that didn't last long. One of my friends saw the napkin one day, grabbed it, and passed it around the lunch room. My face burned with embarrassment. But to my astonishment, the next day all of my friends were waiting to see the napkin. From the way they acted, I think they all wished they had someone who would show them that kind of love. I was so proud to have him as my father. Throughout the rest of my high school years, I received those napkins, and I still have most of them. And still it didn`t end. When I left home for college, I thought the messages would stop. I thought the messages would stop. But my friends and I were glad that his gestures continued. I began getting letters almost every Friday. ( 1 ) along with the letters were usually drawings of our cat and dog, stick figures of him and Mom. He continued to include his mountain scene and the heart label. The mail was delivered every day right before lunch, so I'd have his letters with me when I went to the cafeteria. I realized it was useless to hide them because my roommate was a high school friend who knew about his napkins. Soon it became a Friday afternoon practice. I would read the letters, and the drawings would be passed around. It was during this time that Dad became stricken with cancer. When the letters didn't come on Friday, I knew that he had been sick and wasn't able to write. If he missed his Friday delivery, the letters would usually come a day or two later. But they always came. My friends used to call him "Coolest Dad in the Universe." One day they sent him a card awarding him that title, signed by all of them. I believe my dad taught all of us about a father`s love. I wouldn't be surprised if my friends started sending napkins to their children. He left an impression that would stay with us and inspire us to give our own children such a clear expression of our love.

• フレンズこの1文!

that was just mean.を解読願います。 RACHEL: I loved the moment when you first saw the giant dog shadow all over the park. PHOEBE: Yeah, but did they have to shoot him down? I mean, that was  just mean.