My Husband's Parkinson's Disease: A Rapid Decline

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My husband of 25 years has been diagnosed with early-onset Parkinson’s, which has been mild until recently. However, he is now rapidly declining and I am deeply upset.
  • I have spent years researching and trying to help him, but he refuses to consider any suggestions. He is barely mobile, unable to work, and susceptible to falls.
  • As his caregiver and the primary breadwinner, I feel overwhelmed and angry that he has never been willing to try things that could potentially improve his condition.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

My husband of 25 years was diagnosed with early-onset Parkinson’s shortly after we married. He has been lucky until recently and the disease has been mild. However, he’s now rapidly declining. I am a research fanatic (and a bit bossy, I admit) and have spent years reading everything I can get my hands on, but no matter what I discover (the benefits of PT! tai chi!) he pooh-poohs it and won’t even discuss it with his doctor. Now, at the point where he is barely mobile, unable to work, and susceptible to falls, I find myself deeply upset that he has never been willing to try the (proven, not wacky) things that might help him. I work full-time (to support the family); we have three kids. I would never leave him, but I feel like a big boulder is hurtling down the hill at me. And I am so, so angry. Not at the unfairness of it all, but at him, for not even trying. What’s coming is not good, so I need to figure out how to let go of all this bitterness. ここでのWhat’s comingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5345)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"What's coming" 「次に来ること/待ち伏せていること」だと思います。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=what%27s+coming 恐らく話者は、もうすぐ(いずれ)夫は死を迎えることを意識していて、それが現実となる前に、彼に対する敵意(怒り)を取り除きたい(let go of all this bitterness)と思っているのでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

(恋愛の話)And at some point during this time of court dates and various governmental red-tape shenanigans, he asked me again if I wanted to date him. And — again — I told him I wanted to say yes, but couldn’t. So we continued our pattern of hanging out (which, at this point I suppose I should concede, includes sleeping together) and talking, going nowhere fast. So now we’re up to the holidays and I hear through colleagues that Friend has been bragging about the “amazing” sex she and Dude have been having, and that they are sort of dating but “not really.” https://www.thecut.com/2014/11/ask-polly-will-my-boyfriend-ever-change.html governmental red-tape shenanigansとwe’re up to the holidaysの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• これで通じますか??添削お願いします(>_<)

My best friend lives in Hokkaido and studies oceanology at his college. He is going to take the exam about oceanology for entering grad school next summer. So,he has been studying it since last year. He said it is very hard for him,and but he would try his best. So,I hope he will pass,I want to hold a Passing Party!

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband and I have been married for just over a year. He is a hard worker and keeps busy doing little chores all the time. We’ve been running into a frequent problem lately, and it happened again this weekend. We were at a family vacation house, and the lawn needed to be mowed. It is a normal-size yard—kind of big, but not a field or anything. It took him five hours to mow. FIVE HOURS. He was on a riding lawn mower and went over it a zillion times. I swear—he’d go out with a pair of scissors to make sure it was perfect if that weren’t a crazy-person thing to do. went over itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend is wonderful and kind and a great listener and very engaging with me, but actively is bored by all of my friends. He’s been willing to accompany me on various trips/meals with friends, but usually ignores people and tells me how bored he was afterwards. It means a lot to me to have him involved in various parts of my life. I don’t ask it of him often (I know he’s very introverted), but having him come just to be a downer is maybe worse than just not having him along. All my friends want to meet him and to become friends with the person who has made me tremendously happy for the last couple years, but on the off chance we do all get together, he basically just looks at his hands! Is there some way I can get him to interact in a nontaxing way? 1 ここでのengagingは「愛嬌のある」でしょうか? 2 having him come just to be a downer is maybe worse than just not having him along.の和訳を教えてください。 3 nontaxingはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My partner and I (mid-30s) have been together for just under a year and he’s wonderful. I feel secure in our relationship with one exception. He has two children from a previous relationship, ages 6 and 10. They live with their mother (his relationship with her is still tense, though they’ve been apart for three years), and he sees them regularly and is very proud of them. This is the first time I’ve dated a parent and I want to handle it well, so I told him a couple of months ago that I feel ready to meet them and left it there. left it thereはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

A few years ago, I left my husband after I found out he was a serial cheater. We are now divorced. I have been seeing someone new, and he seems like a great guy. However, he is also divorced, and it's because he cheated on his ex-wife. He was very honest with me about this. He did not attempt to lie about or hide it. Instead of making up an excuse for what he did, like, "She didn't do the dishes when I asked, and if she really loved me she would have, so she deserved it" (which was literally one of the reasons my ex-husband gave for why he cheated), he told me he had "made a mistake" and that he regretted it. Our relationship is otherwise fantastic and I don't want to miss out on what could be something great just because of my own hang-ups. But in the back of my mind I can't help but think, "He did it to her, what's to stop him from doing it to me?" what's to stop him from doing it to me?の和訳をお願いします。what's to stop himの文法的解説もよろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and my husband is 43. Our sex life has always been very good, and we each have done our own fair share of initiating. However, in the past few years, the frequency of sex has really dwindled. Currently, as long as I do all of the initiating, our sex life remains great. If I don’t, no sex for months. I’ve found myself becoming somewhat resentful, as it makes me feel like he no longer desires me or cares to make an effort. I’ve talked with him a number of times about this, and I only get the same responses over and over. He says he’s just getting older, his sex drive is down, etc., and he says that it has absolutely nothing to do with me. I don’t believe his explanation, as he has no problem getting an erection, is ready to go at the barest of hint from me, and also still masturbates. When I ask him why he masturbates instead of having sex with me, he says he just needs the release in the moment. ready to go at the barest of hint from meとneeds the release in the momentの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I suffer from very severe clinical depression and anxiety disorder. I am under a doctor’s care, but I still have times when these issues overwhelm me. Recently, my life has been more stressful than usual. I have tried to talk to my husband about my depression in the past, but he just tells me that I have a good life and I shouldn’t feel that way. I told him I don’t feel like I can talk to him about what is going on with me because of these responses. He assures me he is my biggest supporter and I can talk to him about anything. This past weekend I told my husband I was feeling very depressed, and his response was to roll his eyes and say, “What’s wrong with you now?” I told him again that these reactions are why I don’t feel like I can actually talk to him. His response was to get angry with me because I refuse to realize how good I have it. how good I have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文和訳演習(中級編)伊藤氏よりパート3

It may be said that the Englishman never really makes a decision. He broods; and when he has been brooding for a certain time, he suddenly realizes, not that he has decided something, but that something has been decided. How does he realize this? It is when he discovers that he has begun to take action. It may be that an event has suddenly happened which has forced him to take action immediately. In any case, once he has made the discovery, he hesitates no longer. He has been committed by the action which he has taken rapidly and instinctively. He follows it out to the end, without asking where it is going to lead him, without a plan, but without turning to the right or the left and without letting go. Later on, he finds reasons to explain his action, but it is not as the result of reasoning that he takes action at the beginning. (質問1)It may be that an event has suddenly...とありますが、具体的にどんなeventだと思われますか。 (質問2)he finds reasons to explain his actionとはどういうことでしょうか?(文字通りには訳せます) (質問3)最終文のit is not as the result of reasoning that he takes action...は問題集によると強調構文だとのことですが、これを生徒にやらせたところ、(1)it=that以下、(2)that以下はreasonの目的語、(3)強調構文といろいろに別れ、説明に困りました。皆さんならどのように納得のいく説明をされるでしょうか? (質問4)reasoningとは何ですか?(単語の意味は分かります)これは最初の文のmakes a decisionと関係があるのでしょうか? (質問5)he takes action at the beginning(最初に行動に移る)何のことかよく分かりません。

• ほぼ同じ意味になるように適切な語句を選んでください

[1]Ms. White said to us, "Don`t talk to each other while I am apeaking." [2]Ms. White told us ( ) talk to each other while she was speaking. (1)He has been learning (2)He is learning (3)I had been learning (4)I have been learning [1]He said that he had been learning English for five years. [2]He said, "() English for five years." (1)nothing but (2)not (3)none (4)not to [1]She said to him, "Did you sleep well last night?" [2]She asked him ( ). (1)if she slept well last night (2)if he can sleep well at night (3)if he had slept well the night before (4)that I slept well the night before