• ベストアンサー

フレンズこの1文!

that was just mean.を解読願います。 RACHEL: I loved the moment when you first saw the giant dog shadow all over the park. PHOEBE: Yeah, but did they have to shoot him down? I mean, that was  just mean.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

形容詞の mean にはさまざまな訳を当てることが出来るので、その前の部分からどうつながっているのかが分らないと、何ともいえませんが、ひょっとしたら、「(その犬は) 始末に終えなかったんだ」 つまり、獰猛な犬だった、という意味で言っているとも取れます。

iphone1207
質問者

お礼

【2形】 劣った、みすぼらしい ・It's no mean job. : そいつは簡単なことではないぞ。 ひきょうな、卑劣な、意地悪な、不親切な、人につらく当たる ・You're so mean to me! : 意地悪! 〈主に英〉けちな、けちけちする、物惜しみする ささいな 〈米話〉〔馬などが〕御しがたい、〔人が〕扱いにくい 〈俗〉とても良い、素晴らしい、格好いい、いかした、粋な こういった意味があるんですね、ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-12(2)

レイチェルのイタリア人の彼がフィービーの務めるマッサージ店に来て、マッサージ中にフィービーのお尻をさわりました。このことをフィービーがレイチェルに言いました。 レイチェルはそれを聞いて、彼をボロクソに言いましたが、怒りが落ち着いた後の会話です。 I just liked it better before it was better... がわかりません。 何卒解読お願いいたします。 PHOEBE: Should I not have told you? RACHEL: No, no, trust, me, it's, it's, it's much better that I know. Uh, I just liked it better before it was better... [Phoebe scoots her chair over to Rachel and hugs her]

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-13(3)

mittens are nice! これがわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ チャンドラーが偶然シャワー上りのレイチェルの胸を見てしまった件でもめている。 Chandler: You know, you know, I don’t know why you are so embarrassed. They were very nice boobies... Rachel: Nice? They were... nice? I mean, tha... that’s it? I mean, mittens are nice! Chandler: OK. Rock... Hard place... Me!

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-12

boy scouts could have camped under there. が何を意図しているのかイメージがつかめません。 ◇シチュエーション フィービーが仕事でマッサージ師をやっている。 彼女の友達のレイチェルの恋人である Paolo(イタリア人のプレイボーイ)が彼女のマッサージ店にやってきて、彼女にマッサージを受ける。受けている際、フィービーは突然、彼におしりを触られる。 その場面を回想しながら、フィービーはフィービーの友達にその事件について話している。 PHOEBE: He made a move on me. JOEY, CHANDLER: Oooohhh... ROSS: My God! MONICA: Are you sure? [Flashback: Paolo, lying on massage table, grabs Phoebe's butt] PHOEBE: Oh yeah, I'm sure. [Flashback resumes while Phoebe does voice-over] And all of a sudden his hands weren't the problem anymore. [Flashback continues: Paolo rolls over, Phoebe looks down, then quickly looks up, bites lip, shakes her head] MONICA: Was it...? ◇PHOEBE: Oh, boy scouts could have camped under there. GUYS: Oooooo....

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16(3)

well maybe now I'm not ok with it not being ok. この一文がわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ ジョーイがフィービーにフィービーの双子の姉をデートに誘ってもいいかと再度確認しているシーン。 JOEY: Hey, Phoebe, I asked you and you said it was ok. PHOEBE: All right, well, maybe now it's not ok. JOEY: Ok, well maybe now I'm not ok with it not being ok. PHOEBE: Ok.

• betterの連発!?

海外ドラマフレンズより I just liked it better before it was better... がわかりません。 itとbetterを具体的に説明して頂けたら幸いです。 レイチェルのイタリア人の彼がフィービーの務めるマッサージ店に来て、マッサージ中にフィービーのお尻をさわりました。このことをフィービーがレイチェルに言いました。 レイチェルはそれを聞いて、彼をボロクソに言いましたが、怒りが落ち着いた後の会話です。 I just liked it better before it was better... がわかりません。 何卒解読お願いいたします。 PHOEBE: Should I not have told you? RACHEL: No, no, trust, me, it's, it's, it's much better that I know. Uh, I just liked it better before it was better... [Phoebe scoots her chair over to Rachel and hugs her]

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-19-3

●so long as  we’re here, and, er, not on the subject, これが何を意味しているのか、わかりません。 ご教示願います。 ■ロスがレイチェルとケンカした後、仲直りする場面。 ロスはレイチェルが好きです。 ワインを飲もうと言って、ムードを演出するため、わざと電気を消して.. というシーン Ross: No, no. Yeah, but you were the one who got him back, you know, you, you, you were great... Hey, we, er, we still have that, er, that bottle of wine... You in the mood for something grape? Rachel: Sure. That’ll be good. Ross: Alright. Er (Gets wine, glasses, and turns down the lights...... The, er, the neighbours must be vacuuming! Well, er, so long as we’re here, and, er, not on the subject, erm, I was thinking about, er, how mad we got at each other... before... and, erm, I was thinking maybe it was partially because of how we, er, how we...

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16

you might wanna run it by, uh-- So that if we went out on a date, she'd be there. ここの2つの部分がわかりません 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ ジョーイがフィービーの双子の姉にアタックしようとしている。 チャンドラーはフィービーにもそれを言ったほうがいいのでは、的な発言をしているシーン JOEY: She is so hot. CHANDLER: Yeah, listen. Before you do anything Joey-like, you might wanna run it by, uh-- JOEY: Pheebs? You think it would be ok if I asked out your sister? PHOEBE: Why? Why would you wanna do that? Why? JOEY: So that if we went out on a date, she'd be there.

• That is when~ と That was when~

That is when の後に、 he saw that the dog was dead. と来るのと、 That was when の後に、 he saw that the dog was dead. とは何の違いがありますか? そもそも、is と was に変えることで、何か違いがあるのでしょうか。 あるのだと思うのですが、教えてください。

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-20 2/3

レイチェルが結婚式の日に婚約を破棄した元婚約者と再びデートをしました。 RACHEL: Then we took a walk down to Bendall's, and I told him not to, but he got me a little bottle of Chanel... ROSS: That's nice... now, was that before or after you told him to stop calling, stop sending you flowers and to generally leave you alone, hmm? ロスの発言が、文法的にどういう構造でどういう意味になっているのかわかりません。 何卒ご教示願います。

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-15

I'm keeping it downがわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ モニカがレストランの料理長の試験のため、作ったサーモンムースをジョーイに試食させて、意見を求めているシーン MNCA: [to Joey] OK, try this salmon mousse. JOEY: [tasting] Mmmm. Good. MNCA: Is it better than the other salmon mousse? JOEY: It's creamier. MNCA: Yeah, well, is that better? JOEY: I don't know. We're talking about whipped fish, Monica. I'm just happy I'm keeping it down, y'know?