Roll with the Changes: What Does It Mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning of 'roll with the changes' and how it relates to adapting to new technology.
  • Learn why this question is often asked to teachers and how they respond to it.
  • Find out why teachers continue to find joy in their work and how they embrace the challenges of modern times.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

roll with the changes

I have yet another question to add to your list of: "Why would you ask that?" I am a teacher. I just turned 65. The annoying question I get is: "Are you still working?" My answers generally are: "Yes, I am still working. Yes, I am still very capable and focused on my job. Yes, I can still roll with the changes and embrace the new technology. Yes, I still enjoy what I do. Yes, my students (and colleagues) still bring me joy." roll with the changesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

roll with the changesはどのような意味でしょうか? これは 複数になっていますから下記の roll with a punch 「(ボクシングなどで)身をかわす」から出た、米語の roll with the punches 「批判をかわす」のもじりです。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=roll+with  したがって「変化をかわす」とか「変化にうまく順応していく」という意味で、日本式に言えば「打たれ強い」のもじりの「変わられ強い」みたいなものです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.2

>roll with the changesはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒「変化に何とかついてゆく」といった意味でしょう。 (65歳はまだまだ元気に働けます!) *rollには「ふらつく足で行く、千鳥足で行く」という意味があります。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• profile change hotkeys

I've been using Happy Hacking Studio well. However, I have a question that I am not comfortable with. I'm using a Mac and on that system the arrow keys are accompanied by the fn key. The problem is that when I quickly change direction and copy with cmd + c, I often end up in the profile change mode of fn + c. I don't know how to change it. It would be nice to have the ability to change the hotkeys for this part. Also, I sometimes find that the Mac recognizes alt is held down, how can this be improved? I am using the latest firmware. ※OKWAVEより補足:「「ScanSnap/fiシリーズ/HHKB」商品について」についての質問です。

• followed up with

I’ve worked at a 25-employee firm for over 20 years. I’ve also had breast cancer for 15 years. About two years ago my cancer traveled to my brain, and I had to leave my job because of the treatment I was receiving. I almost died, yet I never heard from my co-workers. Not one even called to say, “How are you feeling?” My boss told me he wanted me to come to the office holiday luncheon, yet never followed up with the date and time. never followed up with the date and timeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• just to be with...... 何を言いたいのかわかりません。教えてください

質問なんですが、先ほど質問させていただきましたがかなり説明不足だったのでいちから説明させてください、そして彼がいったい何が聞きたいのか教えてください。。。お願いします。 「If we were dating and I told you that I had to be drunk just to be with you....would you still want to date me?」 これがわかりません。 経緯を説明します 彼から付き合いをずっと迫られていたのですが最近ちょっとしたことで険悪なムードになってしまいました。ケンカのような。それから昨日今日やっと普通に話せるようになり、このように言われたのです。 「Can I ask you another important question? If we were dating and I told you that I had to be drunk just to be with you....would you still want to date me? 」 最初意味がよくわからなくて、 デートしていて彼が酔っ払ったらもうデートしないかということをきいてるの?と聞いたら、「そうじゃない、if i said i had to be drunk just to kiss」だというのいです。よくわからないけど、彼は真面目な人なので、デートすると思うよといったら、 「why? isnt that hurtful?」 と言ってきました。 もう彼が何を言いたいのかがわかりません・・・ 彼は何を言いたいのだと思いますか?  すみません翻訳機など使わなくても英語がよくわかるかた訳やニュアンスを教えてください。お願いします。。

• この会話文は?

A: Would you like to have this magazine? B: Yes,( ) A: Yes, I am (1)if you are through with it. (2)when you have done it. (3)as far as you are fond of it. (4)I am pleased to have it , though. Bの答えが Yes, I am なので  1か3 だとおもいますが  1ですと もしあなたがよみおわれば  3だと あなたがその本を好きならば・・  ということで 3でしょうか?    

• song and dance

I recently had my first baby. It is a magical time for me and my husband. My parents, who live relatively close by, were elated by my son’s arrival and are very doting grandparents. My mother and I have had a very rocky history, and I was hopeful that my son could have a relationship with his grandmother, separate from my own issues with her. As she is with everything in my life, my mother is extremely overbearing. She never gives me a compliment and constantly questions and criticizes every decision I make. She is very concerned about appearances, and tries to constantly push her wishes for how to dress and feed my child, etc., on me. I accept and welcome suggestions—but my mother will force her will. She nags, belittles, and insults my decisions until I replace them with her own. She constantly interferes in our decisions. Ignoring her is impossible, as she will nag until you agree to adopt her decision. My father tells me that she is my mother, and although she is very difficult, she will not change, so I must. This has been the song and dance of my whole life. I am tired of having to be the one to roll over just because she won’t change or accept my decisions. ここでのthe song and danceとroll overはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I’m also monogamous

I am a bisexual man in my 20s. I prefer women, but I have had casual sexual relationships with men. I’m also monogamous. I am comfortable with my sexuality and realize that it’s fine to be attracted to both genders but to still have a pretty strong preference. I’m also monogamousは「一夫一婦主義」ということでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この文章を日本語にしてください。

I am curious if you are studying the vocabulary of the words that we are reading? Also after we are finished with this book is there another book you are interested in to keep reading and working on your pronunciation? I am willing to help you in any way I can.

• 次の分の和訳をお願いします。

私の和訳と友人の和訳のニュアンスが少し違ったため和訳をお願いします。 I see and embrace the good tradition and positive out look of Japanese and oppurtunity to be with my family here. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の翻訳おねがいします。アメリカ人の大学生からのメール内容です。

英語の翻訳おねがいします。アメリカ人の大学生からのメール内容です。 英語から日本語へ翻訳お願いします。 I understand that and I am in total agreement. So is that a yes you are going to work out something with me so that I can get both bags? If not I may only be able to get one because I am starting college as a freshman soon (in 2 weeks) and won't be working.

• I'm working on my speaking with com

I'm working on my speaking with computer software but soon I would like to practise with peaple.  どういう意味でしょうか?? 調べてもわかりませんでした。  教えてください。