Co-worker's Weight Loss and Passiveness: A Surprising Offer

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A co-worker recently lost 50 pounds and offered me her 'big girl' clothes. Although taken aback, I graciously accepted. However, this working relationship lacks a personal friendship outside the office.
  • This co-worker's weight loss journey is admirable, and I applaud her efforts. She even shares her progress by bringing in food and making plates for others. However, her passive-aggressive nature can be challenging at times.
  • When my co-worker, who recently lost a significant amount of weight, offered me her larger-sized clothes, I was initially surprised. Despite our friendly working relationship, we don't have a personal friendship beyond the office. Alongside her weight loss, she sometimes exhibits passive-aggressive behavior by bringing in food and serving others without being asked.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I have a co-worker that recently lost about 50 pounds. I am very happy for her, and I applaud her efforts and results. Earlier this week she offered up some of her “big girl” clothes to me. I was taken aback at first, and then was gracious and just said “OK.” She said she had shorts that were too big for her now, but she thought I would like them. This is a working relationship; we talk about some personal family stuff, but we have no friendship outside of the office. This woman can also be a bit passive-aggressive regarding her weight loss, in that she brings food in and makes up plates for the rest of us to eat. offer upはofferとはどう違うのでしょうか?あと、brings food in and makes up platesの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。offer upはofferとはどう違うのでしょうか?  どちらも似たにたようなものですが、offer up の方は「(いらないことまでしてくれて要りもしない)食べ物を持ってくる」という感じがします。 2。あと、brings food in and makes up platesの意味も教えてください。  (仕事場以外から)食べ物を持ち込んで、(さあお食べといわんばかりに)皿に盛り分ける、という意味でしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

Recently, while visiting my friend “Nancy,” I was chatting with her while she put away dishes from the dishwasher. At one point I noticed that she’d left a cupboard door open, so I helpfully closed it. She then turned around with her arms full of plates, for some reason expected the cabinet door to be open, and clumsily dropped some of the dishes. I honestly thought she was done in that cupboard and helped her clean up the mess. she was done in that cupboardとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• thatが文頭にくる場合・・接続詞?

that についてお聞きしたいことがあります。 And I cannot bear to think of her being mistress of this house! That I should be forced to make way for her and live to see her take my place in it! この that は文法的にどういう働きをしているのでしょうか? お願いします。

• hold out for an apology

I asked for an apology, but she says she did nothing wrong, and that my mother deserves to know anything that is said about her. I asked my mother for an apology for spying on her adult daughter, and she said I should apologize for the things I've said. This has made me feel like an outsider in my own family, and I don't really want anything to do with any of them. Can I hold out for an apology? 最後のCan I hold out for an apology? はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• refer

I broke up with someone a year ago. After we broke up, she unfriended me on social media, never responded to my birthday message, and stopped spending time with mutual friends lest she end up around me. Recently I found out that she is looking for new work opportunities. A friend of mine works in the same sector and has a job opening that would be perfect for her. She is extremely qualified, and I think she would enjoy this role. Should I reach out and let her know I can refer her? refer herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どんな内容か教えてください。お願いします!

He was used to her being silent. But this silence went on and on and on. She was just staring into the garden. After a time,she said,in her precise conversational tone, "The only thing I want,the only thing I want at all in this world,is to see that boy." She stared at the garden and he stared with her,until the grass began to dance with empty light,and the edges of the shrubbery wavered. For a brief moment he shared the strain of not seeing the boy.Then she gave a little sigh,sat down,neatly as always,and passed out at his feet. After this she became,for her,voluble. He didn't move her after she fainted,but sat patiently by her,until she stirred and sat up;then he fetched her some water,and would have gone away,but she talked.

• よろしくお願いします

My daughter was born on Sept. 11, 2001. It goes without saying the connotation that most people make with this date. For her whole life, people cringe when she gives them her date of birth, or occasionally makes a comment about being born on such a tragic day. Last week, when signing up for a rewards program at a bookstore, the clerk said “That was such a sad day,” and my daughter responded, “I can’t help the day I was born. By now everybody knows what happened on Sept. 11. I don’t need to be reminded.” I know my daughter came off as ungracious and bratty. But in a conversation with her later, she revealed that she feels guilty when people respond in that manner, she feels as though she should apologize for reminding them of however this tragedy affected them. But then she feels awkward, because she truly cannot help when she was born and is usually just trying to get through some sort of administrative task. I told her that this will be an issue she will have to deal with her whole life and we will work together to find a quick phrase for her to use. So far I’ve thought saying something like “That day affected everybody differently.” 1 rewards programとは何でしょうか? 2 she feels as thoughの前にはrevealedを受けてthatが省略されていると考えて良いでしょうか? 3  get through some sort of administrative taskはどのような意味でしょうか? 4 I’ve thought sayingはI’ve thought of sayingと何か違うのでしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• wouldの意味

My mom used to be quite anti-smoking. She said she had never tried it and never wanted to, that it smelled terrible, and that it was like burning up money. Recently, I started noticing the smell of cigarette smoke on her. I peeked into her purse and found an opened cigarette pack! Why would she do this? Why would she do this?のwouldはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• off at a university

My daughter is 19. Her boyfriend is 18. Over the summer, they were busted for smoking marijuana in her car. The officer gave them the option of letting just one of them take the fall. My daughter volunteered; I considered this a very bad decision. If this gets on her record she will lose her financial aid and college will be, if not impossible, very, very hard. Her boyfriend, however, comes from a very well-heeled family. Regardless, she said that she would take the citation and he would pay the fine. Well, the case has now been heard and it was plea bargained down to a lower offense, but it comes with probation and $700 in costs/attorney's fees. Her boyfriend has paid her $200. She says she is fine with that. I am NOT fine with that. He's well-off. She is broke, and is working while going to a local college. He's off at a university, and I think she's worried that if she makes a big deal about this, he'll reconsider the relationship. off at a universityはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 高1英語 話法 教えてください!

テスト前で、来週まで授業がないので、答えがあってるか教えてください! 解説していただけるとありがたいです! 問 直接話法は間接話法に、間接話法は直接話法にしなさい。 (1)My boss asked me to get in touch with my client as soon as possible. My boss said to me, "You get in touch with my client as soon as possible. (2)"What's up?" I asked her. I said to her what's up. (3)She said a Christmas tree was in the her attic and she needed it brought down. She said,"a Christmas tree is in the my attic and need it brought down". (4)I said to her,"What do you want with a tree?" I asked her what you wanted with a tree. (5)She said her grandchildren were stopping by for a visit. She said to her grandchildren "You are stopping by for a visit." お願いします!

• makes himself scarce

Susie is almost 12 and seems to be testing the limits in ways I would never have tolerated. She sasses her mother and dominates the conversation at the dinner table. When told to clear away her dirty dishes, she instead goes to the cupboard for a snack. Her discarded clothes are in every room of the house. When told to get ready for school, she turns on the TV. The bathroom floor is cluttered with whatever she tossed there. She even "forgets" to flush the toilet! My daughter, with incredible patience, sees this behavior as typical for her age. I see Susie as a brat testing her power. Her father says little and makes himself scarce. makes himself scarceとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします