Hold Out for an Apology

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Asking for an apology but getting denied
  • Feeling like an outsider in the family
  • Considering whether to hold out for an apology or not
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

hold out for an apology

I asked for an apology, but she says she did nothing wrong, and that my mother deserves to know anything that is said about her. I asked my mother for an apology for spying on her adult daughter, and she said I should apologize for the things I've said. This has made me feel like an outsider in my own family, and I don't really want anything to do with any of them. Can I hold out for an apology? 最後のCan I hold out for an apology? はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

「粘り強く(引き続き)謝罪を要求することは妥当でしょうか?」 ということだと思います。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=hold+out+for

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• hold out on

I have recently started to have some serious anger issues toward my older sister. She has had a major drug problem for years so I started to slowly cut her out of my and my husband and child’s lives. We tried it all, interventions, etc., but nothing worked. When my father passed away in 2012, it was his wish that we split everything 50/50. She started selling equipment and pocketed the money. Once I found out about it, we had a huge blowup. I started the process to open his estate and wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. She held out on things she wanted: his house, my grandparents’ home, an empty lot. hold out onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• hold a good thought

DEAR ABBY: You always tell us to consider whether we would be better off with or without somebody. What if it's your sister? My sister and I are of retirement age and had a falling out. I felt she had become too needy, and she was very hurt when I told her so. She is awaiting my apology, which has been the pattern of our lives. Although we live 30 miles apart, I have no desire to contact her. Because I was usually the one she went to for advice and companionship, I feel guilty for abandoning her and often wonder if she's OK. We are both healthy and self-sufficient. I love her because she's my sister, but I can truly say my life is easier and less complicated without her. The thought of contacting her is too much to bear. On the other hand, she's my sister. -- BETTER OFF IN COLORADO DEAR BETTER OFF: You say your life is better off and less complicated without your needy sibling, and that you have no desire to contact her. OK. So what exactly is your question? Are you waiting for me to order you to call her and apologize? The price for that will be shouldering again the burden of her neediness. If you're worried about how she's doing, ask someone who is in touch with her. But hold a good thought. hold a good thoughtはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 未来形について

Q. Mother’s insensitivity: I have bipolar disorder and OCD. I live with my elderly mother and, for the most part, we get along well. My issue is that my mother is grossly insensitive to my need for her to not touch my food. She is not good about washing her hands after various personal activities. Last week, she started picking things off of my half of a pizza with her fingers, and I asked her to not touch my food for the umpteenth time. She claimed angrily, not for the first time, that I “play out the OCD thing to an extreme” on purpose. I do not, and I’ve worked hard to keep my OCD from being a problem for others. How can I get my mother to grasp the fact that when anyone touches my food I am unable to eat that food? I do a great deal of work for her in this house, and I don’t think that it is too much to ask that she understand and accept my needs. A: Tell her, “I’m not ‘playing out the OCD thing.’ I have OCD, which affects my life on a regular basis regardless of how much I might wish it didn’t. I’ve asked you not to touch my food, and you refuse to stop. It’s a simple request, but if you can’t honor it, then I won’t be able to eat with you.” If your mother attempts to do anything but stop touching your food—if she tries to turn this into an argument, if she tries to convince you that it’s fine for her to do this, if she tries to insist that she “just can’t remember” that you don’t want her putting her hands on your food, then simply say, “I’ve asked you not to do this. I’m going to go now,” and eat elsewhere. I’m going to go nowのところですが、http://eikaiwa.dmm.com/blog/39416/にある「【“will” が使われる場合】 話しているその場で決めた未来のことを話すとき “be going to” が使われる場合】 話している時点ですでに決まっている/予定していることを話すとき」 の説明にあてはまらない気がするのですがどうでしょうか?(I’m going to go nowは即時的に決めたような感じがするので)よろしくお願いします

• 高1英語 話法 教えてください!

テスト前で、来週まで授業がないので、答えがあってるか教えてください! 解説していただけるとありがたいです! 問 直接話法は間接話法に、間接話法は直接話法にしなさい。 (1)My boss asked me to get in touch with my client as soon as possible. My boss said to me, "You get in touch with my client as soon as possible. (2)"What's up?" I asked her. I said to her what's up. (3)She said a Christmas tree was in the her attic and she needed it brought down. She said,"a Christmas tree is in the my attic and need it brought down". (4)I said to her,"What do you want with a tree?" I asked her what you wanted with a tree. (5)She said her grandchildren were stopping by for a visit. She said to her grandchildren "You are stopping by for a visit." お願いします!

• [I can hold my tongue and I can hold my wine

I can hold my tongue and I can hold my wine の和訳 どなたか教えて頂けませんでしょうか

• よろしくお願いします

My mother is a priority for me and I visit her almost every day. I participate in activities and volunteer at the nursing facility so as to be a part of her life. I do her laundry and bring her anything she needs. I hold her power of attorney, as well. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/askamy/s-2050527-p2 hold her power of attorneyとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 話法を変えて書き換えるにはどうしたらいいですか

話法を変えて書き換えるにはどうしたらいいですか 1 The man said to me ,"Would you show me your album?" 2 She asked her mother whether she might go on a picnic some of our friends if it was fine the next Saturday. 3 This morning my father told me that he was going fishing in the lake tomorrow and asked me if I would not go with him. 4 She said she hada seen her brother the previous week but that she had not seen him since. 5 She said he was giving a party that week but she was sorry not be invited to it. 6 I said to my mother ," I am thirsty . Please give me something to drink." 7 The child said ,"What a long nose this animal has!" 8 Tom asked Lucy what she thought of his plan. できたら和訳も教えてください。 よろしくお願いします

• ask for her company

"Must you wear those glasses?"  "Well, yes. The glare."  "The wearing of dark glasses," she said, "is a modern psychological phenomenon. It signifies the trend towards impersonalization, the weapon of the modern Inquisitor, it--"  "There's a lot in what you say." But I did not remove my glasses, for I had not asked for her company in the first place, and there is a limit to what one can listen to with the naked eye. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 (二人の女性が湖に歩いて来たところです) I had not asked for her company in the first placeの部分なのですが、 ここは、 私は第一に彼女に同伴することを求めなかった、でしょうか?(companyは動詞) それとも 私は第一に彼女の仲間(になること)を(自分自身に)求めなかった、でしょうか?(companyは名詞) どちらにもとれるのでしょうか? その場合は文脈から判断するのでしょうか? 前文は Coming to the edge of the lake we paused to look at our reflections in the water. It was then I recognized her from the past, her face looking up from the lake. She had not stopped talking.  I put on my dark glasses to shield my eyes from the sun and conceal my recognition from her eyes.  "Am I boring you?" she said.  "No, not a bit, Dr Gray."  "Sure?"  It is discouraging to put on sun-glasses in the middle of someone's intimate story. But they were necessary, now that I had recognized her, and was excited, and could only honourably hear what she had to say from a point of concealment. となっています。(前文の冒頭が物語の出だしになっています) 教えてください。お願い致します。

• hold out

以下の文で質問があります。 I am hoping that the rain holds out long enough for me to go to the mall and back. 「モールに行って戻ってくるまで雨が降らないといいな」ということでいいんでしょうか。 常識で考えるとそのような気がするのですが・・・ rainが主語になっているので、hold outは「持ちこたえる、抵抗する、もつ、間に合う」という意味だとすると、「雨が(抵抗して)降りつづける」という逆の意味にもとれないのでしょうか。ちょっと混乱しているのでどなたか解説していただけるとありがたいです。

• よろしくお願いします

I am getting married next spring, and my fiancé and I are very excited to move to the next phase of our relationship. Wedding planning has been surprisingly easy, save for my mother. My mother has an opinion on everything in that she wants everything to involve her. She wants to pick out music for her to be seated to. pick out music for her to be seated toの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします