My Boyfriend's Obsession with Social Media

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My partner is constantly consumed by apps, social media, and the internet.
  • I struggle to feign interest in his constant sharing of pictures, listicles, memes, and funny things.
  • I need help understanding the meaning of certain phrases in my partner's behavior.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

My partner is very into apps, social media, and the internet. I have Facebook so I can occasionally message people who live back home and that’s it, but my boyfriend cannot get off his phone. That might not bother me, but he’s constantly showing me pictures from Snapchat or Facebook of people I don’t know, reading listicles to me, or sending me endless memes and “funny” things from an aggregate site all day (around 10 an hour if we’re apart). I’m trying my best to feign interest, but I’m awful at that at the best of times and after almost a year of being with him, I’m now trying to politely shrug it off and tell him I’m not that into any of it, but it won’t stop! 1 That might not bother meのmight は「かもしれない」でしょうか? 2 aggregate siteはどのような意味でしょうか? 3 I’m awful at that at the best of timesの意味を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1 That might not bother meのmight は「かもしれない」でしょうか?  はい。 2 aggregate siteはどのような意味でしょうか? 色々な情報源からのネタを集めて、まとめたサイトのことで、ニュース、選挙前の世論の傾向をまとめて売買する、映画などの評を集めるなど種々あります。 3 I’m awful at that at the best of timesの意味を教えてください。  私は(自分に興味のないことに、「わー面白い」なんて嘘の芝居をして見せるのは自分では)一番良い時でも下手くそです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

noname#232997
noname#232997
回答No.1

aggregate siteを検索すればいい I’m awful at that at the best of timesを検索すればいい

関連するQ&A

• 長文和訳お願いします!

長文和訳お願いします! 読みにくかったらすみません My dear 〇〇 I'm slowly getting over my jet lag and getting used to my normal life again. Life in Japan was so easy for my ... everyday eating out in a restaurant, hotel room got cleaned every day ... In Belgium I need to do all that myself ... it is a bit of work ... but part of me is happy to be back in my own house ... and not havening to live out of my suitcase. But at the same time I'm very sad that I have left Japan and that I'm now so far away from you.

• 和訳お願いします

和訳をお願いします He had found it lying in the street,and as he looked at me over the top of his glasses,he said,“Maybe now you'll learn not to be careless and lose things.” I 'm a grown woman now,and I still lose things. I'm still careless. But what my father taught me that day was not a lesson of responsibility. I learned not to believe his laughter.Because even his laughter hurt.

• よろしくお願いします

I am 35 years old. For the last 10 years, I've been working at the same company, gradually working my way up to senior management. I have a large, high-performing team, and we typically hit all of our department goals. We have a great reputation, and are seen as the team that "gets it done" every single time. Here's the thing -- my job is too easy. I do what I'm supposed to do, and I do it well, but it's not challenging. Most days drag on for what feels like forever. I don't hate my job at all, but I'm not in love with it. I've thought about leaving many times. I've entertained other offers, but the problem is other companies can't touch my salary, so I always back away from the conversation with potential employers, because I don't want to give up the lifestyle to which I've become accustomed. I've talked to my boss about expanding my responsibilities, and he's obliged, but anything he's given me is never challenging for long. I've also gone back to take professional development courses at my local university to teach me something new, but it doesn't solve my day-to-day boredom. My husband says I should be grateful that I have a high-paying job that is not stressful anymore, and should settle. That feels wrong to me -- I like having challenging days that push me out of my comfort zone, and I feel like I'm too young for another 30 years of this. Should I suck it up and collect my check? can't touch my salaryとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、collect my checkは「小切手を集める」?なぜ小切手なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Well, I wouldn't know what kind of friend are you talking about but good thing then Haha, I never actually lose my memory which might be a bad thing too... No no, he did not stay at my place he walked me home from the station and that's it.

• 英語が得意な方へ!

英語が得意な方へ! 和訳お願いします。 Needless to say I have been very very busy. Not so much with my work (well not more than or times).. but with house hold chores. Cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry ... living all by yourself is a lot of work ... I sympathize with all the women out there :) But help is on the way ... I'm planning to hire a cleaning lady so she can help me clean my house a couple of hours a week. And for the cooking ... I actually like to cook and I think I'm getting quite good at it. But my sister is a bit worried about me. She calls and asks me how I'm doing. And then I tell her what I prepared for diner ... and it turns out that everything I make is either a Japanese or Chinese dish ... or at least I try to. So my sister complains that I'm not from Belgium any more and that I don't cook real food ... hahaha. Then I need to remind her that in Japan and China there are many people eating this food and that they are very genki ... :)Oh well ... eating waffles every day is also not good. Oh speaking of waffles I was passing by one of these vans that sell waffles. And I thought I had to take a picture for (私の名前) :)Something else ... now that my ex wife has left I'm also rearranging some things in my finances. In short I need to set up a new company and I thought I of creating giving it a Japanese sounding name. People over here get totally confused when they hear it ... but I like that :). Do you know of a nice name? My doryo suggested "matsu" ... I kind of like it. What do you think? Do you have a nicer name? That new company will own my house and all my money and I will keep it for maybe the rest of my life. So if you find a name ... I'll probably think of you for the rest of my life ... hahaha No don't take it that seriously ... but I think you're good in finding names. Please let me know your opinion. Maybe you can see my last run: as you can see I still need a lot more training :( メールの相手、会社を興そうとしているのでしょうか?長文読んで下さりありがとうございます。

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband of 25 years was diagnosed with early-onset Parkinson’s shortly after we married. He has been lucky until recently and the disease has been mild. However, he’s now rapidly declining. I am a research fanatic (and a bit bossy, I admit) and have spent years reading everything I can get my hands on, but no matter what I discover (the benefits of PT! tai chi!) he pooh-poohs it and won’t even discuss it with his doctor. Now, at the point where he is barely mobile, unable to work, and susceptible to falls, I find myself deeply upset that he has never been willing to try the (proven, not wacky) things that might help him. I work full-time (to support the family); we have three kids. I would never leave him, but I feel like a big boulder is hurtling down the hill at me. And I am so, so angry. Not at the unfairness of it all, but at him, for not even trying. What’s coming is not good, so I need to figure out how to let go of all this bitterness. ここでのWhat’s comingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• get a hold of

I live in a different city from my long-term boyfriend, whom I love dearly. This weekend, I had far too much to drink and kissed another guy at a bar. It was a complete stranger—not someone I’m friends with, or attracted to, or anything of the sort. I have no idea what came over me, and I don’t even recognize that behavior. I did a lot of self-reflection, and I’ve decided that I need to get a hold of my drinking—I’m not a big drinker during the week, but occasionally on a weekend night I’ll binge drink. get a hold of my drinkingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My fiancé and I just got engaged and are to be married as soon as he graduates from law school. My dad, who has a sense of humor most (but not all) people appreciate, took him on a weekend hunting trip, and according to my intended, made a number of veiled threats of violent acts should he fail to take care of me properly. Of course he tells me he was only joking and it was all in good fun, but that’s not the way my boyfriend sees it. He tells me he has grounds for a case against my father, and although he’s definitely not taking any action, he might in the future if dad doesn’t control himself. I love my fiancé, but I’m starting to rethink our engagement. Should I just tell him to lighten up, or hope that my dad understands and is more accommodating of his sensitivities? according to my intended, made a number of veiled threats of violent acts should he fail to take care of me properly. の和訳を教えてください。intendedの後に何か省略されているのでしょうか?あと、has grounds for a case against my father,の意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My mom recently passed away at 91. She had a great life and went peacefully at home in bed during the night. I took charge of her medical care and finances after Dad died 10 years ago. After Mom's funeral, my brother insisted he would move into her house while he remodeled it, which could tie up the house for a year. It made no sense to me. I am Mom's executor, and I felt it was unfair to me and my other brother. When I said no, he got really angry, accused me of many mean, untrue things and announced that he disowned me. I responded that I love him and he will always be my brother, but it was his choice. The pain of losing my mom and my brother has been awful. Now I'm working to sell the house, and he interferes and is mean every step of the way. But I have to move ahead and do my job. I don't respond to anything negative he writes. Have you some advice on how to repair our relationship? tie up the houseはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、Have you some adviceはDo you have some adviceと何か違いはあるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

“I hardly have any friends. I’m spending my days in my room and on the computer. I know that’s not great but it beats being lonely.” it beats being lonelyは「孤独なのよりは勝る」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします