成功と犠牲

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 成功とは何かということを考えさせる物語です。
  • 成功というものは、しばしば大切なものを犠牲にすることがあります。
  • 自分が何を大切にしているか、再考するきっかけになります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

【文法】の説明をお願い致します。

I've set and met my career goals and I'm having tremendous professional success. But it's cost me my personal and family life. I don't know my wife and children any more. I'm not even sure I know myself and what's really important to me. I've had to ask myself--is it worth it? People often find themselves achieving victories that are empty, successes that have come at the expense of things they suddenly realize were far more valuable to them. 人は しばしば 自分が 空である勝利, それらよりもはるかに価値のあった と 彼らが突然に悟る ものを犠牲にして来た成功, を達成していることを見つける. * 自分なりに直訳してみました。 文法の説明をお願いします。 1 successes that have come at the expense of... とのことですが、この come はどういう意味なのでしょうか? 2 they suddenly realize とありますが、realize の目的語は何になりますか? 3 直訳で間違っているところがあればご指摘ください。 4 People... 以下の文の分かり易い意訳ができましたらお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

主語:  People 人は   副詞:  often しばしば 動詞:   find 見いだす 目的語: themselves 自身を 補語:        補語の動詞: achieving 達成する     補語の目的語1: victories that are empty, 空っぽの勝利     補語の目的語2: successes that have come at the expense of things they suddenly realize were far more valuable to them.彼らがもっと大切だと急に気づくもの(=家族)を犠牲にして手に入れた成功 1。  来る > 手に入る > 手に入れる 2。  X がY だと気づく > (家族が)貴重だと気づく 3。 あまり間違ってはいないと思います。   4。  よくある事だが、人は、中身の無い勝利や、彼らがもっと大切だと急に気づくもの(=家族)を犠牲にして手に入れて成功をおさめた事に気づく。(我ながらまずいーーー反省しています) 5。いい意訳は質問者さんにお任せします。

anon256
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

To just sit there and know ‘I can just cancel a show, I'll just cancel a show!’ You know what I mean, and it's like, wow dude really? Because you were partying? It stuns the imagination when it comes to that kind of stuff, how far people can be kicked around before they realize, Chester can sing too.”

• 英文メールの訳を教えてください!

You know me. My life. I am concerned if I cannot give you all my attention. Just wanted you to know that work, parents and my "by myself" time is shared with you. If you are ok with that, which just means you will have some time to yourself, please come! ちゃんとした意味が知りたくて、質問させていただきました。 どなたか英語が詳しい方がいらっしゃいましたら、訳を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の意味をおしえてください

I dnt want to have her at my place and u suddenly show up わたしは彼女を思い出したくないのにあなたは突然あらわれた That u come to my place when she is there あなたが家にくるとき彼女はどこにいるのか であってますか?

• rehome my cat

I've started to realize that I should probably rehome my cat. rehomeは「自分の所に引き取る」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

Many times a day I realize how much of my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my yellow-men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I received. My peace of mind is often troubled by the depressing sense that I have borrowed too heavily from the work of other men. できるだけ丁寧に解説して欲しいです。 構文分析や、文法など教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致します

• 翻訳をお願い致します

I know where my tour of the compound will take me, and after what I've just seen,I'm eager to make things cannot be avoided... この文章の翻訳が出来る方、お願いいたします。

• わからない箇所について教えてください。

In my suitcase, I have over a hundred and fifty eleven-by-fourteen photographs which are the real reason for this trip. But I can’t tell Max that; he’d think I was mad. I have come here to try to settle myself, and to try to understand. I have the photographs, and I have some time to myself; I hope that out of these two things will come some measure of calm, or comprehension. The house, Altesa, coming back to Italy – it’s all really just an excuse to spend some time with the images which I have begun to realize trouble me so deeply. I can’t really explain it, even to myself. I just know it’s important, and that I have to resolve it one way or another. I leave the square behind me. My footsteps are muted by the rain as I walk, and I keep my eyes on the road until the valley starts to open up around me. Guy BurtのThe Dandelion Clockからの英文です。 *********************************************************** I hope that 【out of these two things will come some measure of calm, or comprehension. 】 ここは倒置ですか? it’s all really just an excuse to spend some time with the images which I have begun to realize trouble me so deeply. この英文がよくわからないのですが、allはどういう意味にとるのでしょうか? すべての、という形容詞ですか? allとan ~がでてきてわかりにくいです。 文の構造はどうなっているのでしょうか? itはto spend以下ですか? the images which(関係代名詞)I have begun to realize というかたまりですか? trouble は動詞になるのでしょうか? 意味がよくとれません。 教えてください。お願いします。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします!

Sometimes caught in a random sadness and loneliness to know how much you've been embraced by this life, by people around you and by the ones you treasure. Recently I have become so ridiculously emotional that I have come to hate my own self. Come on... am I really that annoying? If that's true, I'd rather not care than be refused for caring so much. です。よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

But at this phase of my life, I want to write and not have to think about whether a song is going to be a hit. I want to explore the music that inspires me, and I don't want to ape myself.

• 文法的に良くわかりません

I am a compassionate person who seems to have good insights into things. Here’s my problem: I don’t like keeping secrets and I am not good at it. It’s not that I want to “gossip”—although sometimes that may be true! I’m only human!—it’s more that I forget who knows what and people tend to talk to me about lots of things. it’s more that I forget who knows whatの訳を教えてください。あと、thatの役割も教えてください。よろしくお願いします