• ベストアンサー

訳を教えてください!

From this day, natural philosophy, and particularly chemistry, occupied me heart and soul. My application was so ardent that many a morning found me still in my laboratory and my progress was so rapid that at the end of two years I made some discoveries which won me great esteem and admiration at the university. When I had arrived at this point, my residence at Ingolstadt was no longer necessary. I was just thinking of returning to Geneva, which I had not visited since I left it, when something happened which changed my plans. この文章なのですが訳し方がわかりません。またitがさしているものもわかりません。わかる方ヨロシクお願いします!! 自分で訳せるとこだけいちを訳してみました。 この日から私の頭の中は自然科学のことでいっぱいであった。 私がこの地点に到着したとき、インゴルシュタットの私の家はもう必要はありませんでした。私はちょうどジュネーブに戻ることについて考えていました。そして私の計画を変える何かが起こったとき、私がそれを離れた以来、私は訪れませんでした。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数10

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • T-Simoo
  • ベストアンサー率46% (37/80)
回答No.2

From this day, natural philosophy, and particularly chemistry, occupied me heart and soul. ○貴方の訳;この日から私の頭の中は自然科学のことでいっぱいであった。 ●自然科学-->自然哲学、殊に化学。(以外はOKです。) My application was so ardent that many a morning found me still in my laboratory and my progress was so rapid that at the end of two years I made some discoveries which won me great esteem and admiration at the university. ○貴方の訳;(なし) ●「私のapplication(心の傾注)はきわめてardent(熱のはいったもの)だったので、私は朝を研究室で静かに過ごすことが多かった。また私のprogress(進捗)はきわめて速かったので、at the end of two years(二年間の終りには)大学で大きなesteem and admiration(評価と称賛)を得るようないくつかの発見を成し遂げていた。」 When I had arrived at this point, my residence at Ingolstadt was no longer necessary. ○貴方の訳;私がこの地点に到着したとき、インゴルシュタットの私の家はもう必要はありませんでした。 ●ほぼ正解ですが、at that point は学業が評価されるに至ったことを指しています。(念のため) I was just thinking of returning to Geneva, which I had not visited since I left it, when something happened which changed my plans. ○貴方の訳;私はちょうどジュネーブに戻ることについて考えていました。そして私の計画を変える何かが起こったとき、私がそれを離れた以来、私は訪れませんでした。その時私の計画を変えてしまう何かが起こってしまったのだ。 ●まず、itはジュネーブです。 それから、この文章は、I was just …Geneva, when something happened which…plans.という文に、ジュネーブを説明するwhich I had not visited since I left itが挿入されていると考えてください。 「私がジュネーブに戻ろうと考えていた矢先に、…が起こったのだ」となります。

bhuvtycfyt
質問者

お礼

的確な回答ありがとうございます!!

その他の回答 (4)

noname#86349
noname#86349
回答No.5

かなり意訳だと思いますが。 この日以来、私の頭は自然哲学、特に科学でいっぱいになった。私の(科学への)傾倒は、しょっちゅう研究室で朝になったことに気づく程(気が付いたら徹夜していた)熱烈で、私の進歩は、2年後の終わりには大学内で大きな賞賛と評価を得るいくつかの発見をするほど早かった。 そしてその時点でインゴルシュタットの家はもはや必要ではなかった。 私が、かつて離れてから戻ることの無かったジュネーヴに戻ろうかと考えていたその時、私の計画を覆すようなことが起こったのだ。 >many a morning found me still in my laboratory 直訳すると「ほとんどの朝、私がまだ研究室にいることを気付いた。」ぐらいになるのでしょうがちょっと訳を替えてみました。 後半部分ですが、著者の研究室がインゴルシュタットにあるのかがわからないのですが、著者の研究が一段落ついてそこ(大学=インゴル?)に居る必要がなくなったということように思います。 それで故郷(=ジェノヴァ?)に帰ろうとおもっていたところ、新しい研究活動の場所ができた(どこかの研究所からの招聘など)という内容では?と思います。 かなり推測も入ってますけど参考になれば・・・・。

bhuvtycfyt
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!参考にさせていただきます!!!

回答No.4

No,3ですが、追記です。 2行目のstillは「静か」ではありません。 「まだ」研究室にいる、という副詞です。

回答No.3

長いし、禁止事項のこともありますので、とりあえずお訳しになっている後半の部分を… 前半の部分の文意がお分かりになっていないので無理もありませんが、まずpointというのは地点ではなく、その上の文章に書かれている研究の到達時点をさしています。residenceは家と言うよりも、居住、すなわちインゴルシュタットに住むことという意味だと思います。which~left itはGenevaを先行詞とする非制限用法の関係代名詞節ですが、この場合は日本語では制限的に訳してもいいかと思います。 「私は離れてから一度も訪れたことのないジュネ-ヴに戻ることを考えていた」 whenは非制限用法の関係副詞、「するとちょうどその時~」という具合に訳してみて下さい。 itですが、最後の文にあるitしかないようですので、それのことなら当然「ジュネーヴ」を指しています。 もうひとつ… many a morning found me~というのは英語独特の表現です。毎日のように朝方まで実験室で研究を続けたことをこのように表現しているのです。

bhuvtycfyt
質問者

お礼

細かい説明ありがとうございます!!

回答No.1

こんばんわ、blacklymanと申します。 私は英語がわからないので、下記サイトにて和訳していただきました。 http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/ 「この日から、自然哲学、および特に化学は私を専念させました。心と精神。 私は、私のアプリケーションが非常に情熱的であったので、多くの朝がまだ私の実験室に私を設立して、かなりの尊重と私の進歩が非常に急速であったので、2年の終わりに、大学で私を得たいくつかの発見を賛美させました。 私がここに到着したとき、インゴルシュタットの私の住居はもう必要ではありませんでした。 私は、それを残したので、私が訪問していなかったジュネーブに戻ることをただ考えていました、私のプランを変えた何かが起こったとき。」 他力本願なうえ不確かで申し訳ありません。私に出来るのはこれぐらいです。では・・・・。

参考URL:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
bhuvtycfyt
質問者

お礼

迅速な対応ありがとうございます!!

関連するQ&A

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します!

It was around this time five years ago that the album Blaster by the Wildabouts, which was sadly the last of your life, was released. My happy memories of the release, which I had waited for so eagerly, come rushing back as if it had happened yesterday, and I miss you so much.

• 英語が堪能な方 訳をお願いできますか?

I: We hung out about six months ago or so. CS: I was like I've been here before and I came in the back way. I: You did exactly the same thing. And the last time you were here, I think you had about a hundred thousand followers on Twitter. CS: Yeah I'm at like 500 and it goes up like 5,000 a day and I'm like wow. I: At the Cody Simpson, talk to me about how this happened. Of course you were found on YouTube by mediators. CS: Yeah I was found I think it was two thousand and was the end of two thousand and nine. Um like October 2009. I had this producer was just like send me messages to Myspace I think it was and he was just like I think you're really talented why don't you come over and record some songs for me. So he flew me and my dad over and we just gotten in a studio and see what happen and.. I: Next thing you know. CS: Yeah it just it just went like that. I: And you teamed up with Flo Rida with..

• 訳を教えてください

Two weeks ago I attended a holiday party with my boyfriend and his family. We’ve been together for three years, and since we moved to his hometown, I’ve gotten to know his parents and sisters better. I forgot about new medication I was taking, had a few drinks, and became drunker than I have ever been in my life. (Counting this event, I’ve only been drunk three times, so it’s extremely out of character for me.) I now know that I did something so horrible at the party that my boyfriend broke up with me via text and told me he has no interest in speaking to me ever again. I’m devastated. My now ex-boyfriend is the sweetest man I know, so I had to have done something cruel for him to do this. I had to have done something cruel for him to do thisの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

チャップリンの自伝の文章なのですが、日本語訳をお願いします。 I saw Frank Tinney again on the stage a few years later and was shocked, for the comic Muse had left him. He was so self-conscious that I could not believe it was the same man. It was this change in him that gave me the idea years later for my film Limelight. I wanted to know why he had lost his spirit and his assurance. In Limelight the case was age; Calvero grew old and introspective and acquired a feeling of dignity, and this divorced him from all intimacy with the audience.

• 日本語訳お願いします(>_<)

日本語訳をお願いします(>_<) When I had played with it a little while,Miss Sullivan slowly spelled into my hand the word"d-o-l-l". I was at once interested in this finger play and tried to imitate it. When I finally succeeded in making the letters correctly I was flushed with childish pleasure and pride.

• 日本語訳を教えてください(かなり長文です)(2)

Why Chinese Mothers Are Superiorという記事の日本語訳教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 Other studies indicate that compared to Western parents, Chinese parents spend approximately 10 times as long every day drilling academic activities with their children. By contrast, Western kids are more likely to participate in sports teams. What Chinese parents understand is that nothing is fun until you're good at it. To get good at anything you have to work, and children on their own never want to work, which is why it is crucial to override their preferences. This often requires fortitude on the part of the parents because the child will resist; things are always hardest at the beginning, which is where Western parents tend to give up. But if done properly, the Chinese strategy produces a virtuous circle. Tenacious practice, practice, practice is crucial for excellence; rote repetition is underrated in America. Once a child starts to excel at something—whether it's math, piano, pitching or ballet—he or she gets praise, admiration and satisfaction. This builds confidence and makes the once not-fun activity fun. This in turn makes it easier for the parent to get the child to work even more. Chinese parents can get away with things that Western parents can't. Once when I was young—maybe more than once—when I was extremely disrespectful to my mother, my father angrily called me "garbage" in our native Hokkien dialect. It worked really well. I felt terrible and deeply ashamed of what I had done. But it didn't damage my self-esteem or anything like that. I knew exactly how highly he thought of me. I didn't actually think I was worthless or feel like a piece of garbage. As an adult, I once did the same thing to Sophia, calling her garbage in English when she acted extremely disrespectfully toward me. When I mentioned that I had done this at a dinner party, I was immediately ostracized. One guest named Marcy got so upset she broke down in tears and had to leave early.

• 和訳を教えてください

和訳を教えてください 1 Androclus saw that it was a long. sharp thorn which hurt the lion so much. 2 Until that question was asked it had never occurred to me that I had been so happy. よろしくお願いします

• 英語の質問です。

( )内の近い意味を持つ語を答えなさい。1.This part of the processing cannot be automated and needs to be done (by hand). (1)handly (2)manually (3)artificially (4)craftily 答え(2) ( )に入るもっとも適切なものを選びなさい。 2.I don't know that Tom had read War and Peace. ( ) surprised me most was the fact that he had read it in two days. (1)That (2)Who (3)Whoever (4)What 答え(4) 3.The man ( ) was my friend has betrayed me. (1)how I thought (2)what I thought (3)who I thought (4)whom I thought 答え(3) 4.Is this ( ) you said you bought in France? (1)as (2)that (3)what (4)which 答え(3) 5.Things are not ( ) they used to be. (1)while (2)what (3)when (4)that 5.This encyclopedia is very informative and, ( ) is more, inexpensive. (1)which (2)it (3)that (4)what 答え(4) 自分で解いてみたのですが、 訳ができずに困っています。 訳を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 数学の思い出

claimとthe net resultの訳語と◎から◎までの和訳お願いします。 It seemed clear that mathematics had a better claim to be considered knowledge than anything else; therefore it was to the principles of mathematics that I addressed myself. At thirty-eight I felt that I had done all that it lay in my power to do in this field, although I was far from having arrived at any absolute certainty. Indeed, the net result of my work was to throw doubts upon arithmetic which had never been thrown before.◎I was and am persuaded that the method I pursued brings one nearer to knowledge than any other that is available,◎but the knowledge it brings is only probable, and not so precise as it appears to be at first sight.  * Bertrand Russell, What I Believe

• 英文訳 協力お願いします。

自分でも訳してはみましたが、難しく、自信ありません。どなたかお力を貸してください。 Then I didn't feel so cool. Especially after retracing my steps and realizing all my cards were definitely gone. of course I checked the police box too, and filled out areport, just in case. But I really didn't expect to get my passes back. About two hours leter though, sure enough,my cell phone rang. It was the police calling to tell me a man had turned in my card case with every card still in it. I picked it up and went home a very happy person. I wish I could say that was the only time I did something stupid. But about a year ago, I did something even worse After riding my dicycle to the gym in the pouring rain, I rushed inside carrying my sports bag. What I disn't realize was that I had left my purse,including a wallet with money and credit cards, in the front bas-kct, and my bike was parked on the sidewalk right in front of the gym where lots of people pass by. A couple hours later, I was shocked when I went to check out and the staff member at the front besk handed me a note from the pokice. They had my purse because, again, a kind man had taken it from the bike basket and turned it in. Nothing was missing.