• ベストアンサー

benchmark

Having twins made me a more relaxed parent. When you watch two kids grow up at the same time, it makes you less concerned about benchmarks. Each of them had different talents and struggles. benchmarksは具体的にはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • skydaddy
  • ベストアンサー率51% (388/748)
回答No.2

技術系ではベンチマークとして日本語でも使いますが、何かを評価するときの指標となるもの、ベースライン、基準みたいな意味です。英語で同じような意味でbaselineの他にもcontrol、standardなども使われます。 この場合も、子供が双子だと二人を比べてみることができる(ひとりを他の基準にできる)ので、成長の具合を見るのに心配がない。双子といえどもそれぞれに個性(得意と苦手)があるから。と使われています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

benchmarksは具体的にはどのような意味でしょうか? benchmark 下記の通り「基準」です。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=benchmark  (うちの子は同年代の子の)基準に比べて、(身長がどうだ、話し方がどうだ、走るのが遅い、ピアノが下手だ、など、双子がいると一人っ子より)心配が少ない。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 解説をよろしくお願いします

He doesn’t want kids and never has, whereas I’ve always wanted to be a mom. The last time the subject came up, he said he would “let our relationship grow until I genuinely want to have children with you,” but that for now, the thought of having kids scares him. that for nowの解説をよろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 In your chart you planets on both rising axis and descending or falling axis. This makes for a balanced relationship where the power will swing one way and then the other. Sometimes you’ll be the one in charge who makes the decisions and dominates, sometimes your partner will. Inevitably this will cause the occasional clash, and power struggles will ensure, where you’ll both pull in opposite directions. But this doesn't mean a difficult union necessarily, just that both of you will be strong willed, perhaps in different ways.

• エリオットの読解

エリオットの『詩の効用と批評の効用』を読んでいます。下の箇所の文意がすっきりとつかめません。とくに having に留意しながらどなたか教えてください。ちなみに、ここのところに来るまでに、詩は哲学とかそれに類するものの媒介物ではないし、一般に、この世におけるなにものも他のものをもって代用することはできない、という意味の議論があり、下記の文章の直前に、and if you find that you must do without something, such as religious faith or philosophic belief, then you must just do without it. が置かれています。 I can persuade myself, I find, that some of the things that I can hope to get are better worth having than some of the things I cannot get ; or I may hope to alter myself so as to want different things ; but I cannot persuade myself that it is the same desires that are satisfied, or that I have in effect the same thing under a different name. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語

I understand you, I hear this same story I have friends from Japan who left because of this Too serious Australia is very different , more relaxed Not so much pressure I enjoy my work I chose a long time ago to prioritise doing what I love and what I think is good for the world and animals ad plants instead of just chasing money 日本語にお願いします…

• 英作文の添削をよろしくお願いしますm(__)m

1,これは高価な10日間の旅になりそうですね。多分イギリスにいた方がよさそうです。 2,私は、考えさせられるような映画を見たいのよ。新しい見方で世界を見せてくれる様な映画をね。 3,ジンバブエと日本は風土も歴史もずいぶん違うから、君が来たら、インターネットで知っていること以外にびっくりするようなことがたくさんあると思うよ。 1,This tends to be an expensive tour for ten days. Maybe, you had better stay in England. 2,I want to watch the movie which makes me thinking and shows me the world in a new way. 3,Zimbabwe is different from Japan about place and history, so if you come, you will discover surprising place except what you know by using internet. 恐縮ですが…細かい解説して頂くようによろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 翻訳お願いします。

いつもお世話になります。 ぜひ翻訳をお願いしたい文章がありますので、翻訳をお願い出来ないでしょうか? この文章は僕の憧れのバーナード・ラガト選手の言ったことです。 曖昧には理解できますが、ぜひ彼が何と言っているのかしっかり知り、参考にし、学びたいんです! 宜しくお願いします! One of the things that I do is really good training. When I run 10 miles or even 15 miles I am running at a hard pace. I attribute it to my good training. Now, more than ever, I am having so much fun. Before, I just wanted to win so badly. Even now, I hate when I lose, but I don’t beat myself up about it. I used to want to win all the time. Now I’m having so much fun. Being a family man, having kids, it makes me even more relaxed. When my kid comes to watch me train, I’m having a blast. My son is like my coach. It’s so funny. He does cooldowns with me. But most important is my mental toughness. I tell myself that I am the toughest guy here. I have the experience. Some of these guys are even 16 years younger than me. But I say, “OK, you are a young guy, but when we square off, you know what? I’m going to be the winner, because I’m tough. I have the most experience. And I’m fast.” These are the things that are inside me. I’m not cocky. I just want to psyche myself up. I want to be the best. I think of a good workout that I did. And I know that I am ready for the race. There are a lot of things that come together. I’m enjoying it more than ever now.

• AnTuTu Benchmarkについて

GooglePlayストアから削除されたアプリをわざわざ入れる必要があるのでしょうか? それに自分のスマホのランキングが知りたいならランキングサイトを見ればいいのでは?

• 洋楽の和訳について教えてください

趣味で洋楽を和訳しているのですが、 Leona LewisのHappyという曲のサビの部分で使われている What if はどちらの意味なのでしょうか? (1)~したらどうなるか? (2)~したってかまわない ご教授願います。 Happy Leona Lewis Someone once told me that you have to choose What you win or lose, you can't have everything Don't you take chances, you might feel the pain Don't you love in vain 'cause love won't set you free I could stand by the side and watch this life pass me by So unhappy, but safe as could be (*repeat) So what if it hurts me? So what if I break down? So what if this world just throws me off the edge My feet run out of ground? I gotta find my place, I wanna hear my sound Don't care about all the pain in front of me 'Cause I'm just trying to be happy, yaeh Just wanna be happy, ya Holding on tightly, just can't let it go Just trying to play my role, slowly disappear, oh But all these days, they feel like they're the same Just different faces, different names, get me out of here But I can't stand by your side, oh no And watch this life pass me by, pass me by (*repeat) So many terms that I can't see Like I'm a stranger on this road But don't say victim Don't say anything (*repeat) I just wanna be happy...

• 和訳お願いします(長文です)

When Anne-Marie Slaughter wrote “Why Women Still Can’t Have It All” for The Atlantic, many (online and off) responded with an objection to the phrase. Men don’t have it “all,” either. We all make choices. Professor Slaughter responded, in The Atlantic online, that in some ways, she agrees: Rebecca Traister has convinced me to stop using the term “having it all,” in a thoughtful and quite brilliant piece she wrote for Salon arguing that the term makes women seem “piggy” and elitist. For my generation, women who came of age in the 1970s and entered the workforce in the 1980s, “having it all” simply meant that women should be able to have both careers and families in the same measure and to the same degree that men do. But what if “having it all” in this context means that both mothers and fathers should be able to have careers and families in the same measure and to the same degree — in the same family? Call it “having more.” Yes, parents of both sexes make choices. What’s troubling is the degree to which those choices still tend to be mutually exclusive (one career parent, one sidelined); the way those choices still tend to shake out by gender; and the way societal assumptions we never question support that shakeout. We make “choices” to accommodate those assumptions, and those are the choices we shouldn’t have to make. Consider the most basic problem for working parents: school. Even ignoring sick days and vacation, there’s a disconnect between school hours and work hours in any full-time job. We’ve accepted, and even internalized, the need to paper over that disconnect because having children is a choice (we ignore the fact that it’s a choice society needs some people to embrace). Having made their bed, parents are expected to lie in it — or at least toss in it, sleepless, and struggling with the next level of choices: who is on duty from 3 on, how, and for how much? これで1/3なんです・・・ 英語が苦手でこまっています。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

I was making small talk at a work function when a woman asked if I had children. I said no. She expressed pity that I hadn't experienced life's greatest joy and said she couldn't understand why women these days prioritize careers over family. She added that parenthood is a prerequisite for being a good manager since women without children lack the maturity necessary to lead teams. Carolyn, it wasn't my choice not to have kids, and this is a painful subject for me. In my 20s, I would have brushed this off and changed the subject, but now I am in my 40s struggling to save for retirement on a salary that falls far below that of my married-with-children peers in the same profession. I have been passed over even though I have always had outstanding performance evaluations. I am always expected to work overtime and take a hit for the team because I don't have kids, yet I am also resented and belittled for it. So, this time I calmly asked her, "Do you think having a genetic disease makes a person immature? Do you think watching an 8-year-old relative die from said genetic disease makes a person immature? There are a lot of reasons people don't have kids, and a lot of paths to maturity." That did not go over well. Now my presence clears the room. passed overとtake a hit for the teamとmy presence clears the room はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします