驚きの発言!フレンズでのチャンドラーの母親の言葉とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • TVドラマ『フレンズ』に登場するチャンドラーの母親が驚きの発言をしました。
  • 彼女はニューヨークに行くことを嫌がっていますが、愛する息子に会えるからと言っています。
  • チャンドラーはこの発言に驚き、母親が自分に直接連絡せずにTVで発言することに疑問を持っています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

フレンズこの1文!from 1-11(2)

This is the way that I find out. Most moms use the phone. これらの文が理解できません。 できれば、文法的に解読お願いいたします。 文脈 TVに出ているチャンドラーの母親がTVで 「ニューヨークに立つのはやだけど、でも愛する息子に会えるようになるわ」 的な感じでしゃべってます。 それをTVで見たチャンドラーがこの質問の発言をしました。 MRS. BING (TV): Oh, fine. I'm leaving for New York tomorrow, which I hate- but I get to see my son, who I love... All: Awww! CHANDLER: This is the way that I find out. Most moms use the phone.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

お母さんが New York (Friendsの舞台)に来ることをテレビのインタビューで初めて知った Chandler は、普通のお母さんなら先に電話で個人的に知らせてくれるだろうけど、自分が他の視聴者とともに知らされたことに憤慨しています。 This is the way that I find out. (= This is how I find out.) 僕はこうして知ることになるんだ。 Most moms use the phone. ほとんどの(普通の)母親は電話を使うのに。

iphone1207
質問者

お礼

完璧な回答ありがとうございました。 1日1エピソード進めてますが、2,3個Qが出てしまします。 またお願いします。 できればこちらもお願いしたいです。 http://questionbox.jp.msn.com/qa6976343.html

関連するQ&A

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16

you might wanna run it by, uh-- So that if we went out on a date, she'd be there. ここの2つの部分がわかりません 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ ジョーイがフィービーの双子の姉にアタックしようとしている。 チャンドラーはフィービーにもそれを言ったほうがいいのでは、的な発言をしているシーン JOEY: She is so hot. CHANDLER: Yeah, listen. Before you do anything Joey-like, you might wanna run it by, uh-- JOEY: Pheebs? You think it would be ok if I asked out your sister? PHOEBE: Why? Why would you wanna do that? Why? JOEY: So that if we went out on a date, she'd be there.

• フレンズこの一文!

Actually it's the same guy that wells up every time that Grinch's heart grows three sizes and breaks that measuring device の一文をできれば文法的に解説お願いします。 CHANDLER: ...Well, y'know, part of me wants that, but it's like I'm two guys, y'know? I mean, one guy's going 'Shut up! This is great!' But there's this other guy. Actually it's the same guy that wells up every time that Grinch's heart grows three sizes and breaks that measuring device... And he's saying, y'know, 'This is too hard! Get out! Get out!' シチュエーション 女性に対する不埒な欲望に対して、 葛藤している状況です。 自分の中に二人の人格がいる的なシーンです。

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-19-2

以下の箇所がわかりません。 何卒ご教示願います。 ●don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? これはどういう意味で、何をいいたいのか、わかりません。 ● I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey. 文の意味はわかるのですが、文脈上でどういう意図で言っているのか? [Ross, Chandler & Joey in a pizza place] Chandler: You know, I cannot believe we are even having this discussion. Joey: I agree. I’m, like, in disbelief. Chandler: I mean, don’t you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would have, happened already? Ross: I’m telling you, she said she’s looking for a relationship with someone exactly like me. Joey: She really said that? Ross: Well, I added the "exactly like me" part, but she said she’s looking for someone, and someone is gonna be there tonight. Joey: Tonight, tonight? Ross: Well, I think it’s perfect, you know, it’s just gonna be the two of us, she’s spent all day taking care of my monkey... Chandler: I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-17

以下の(2)つの箇所がわかりません。 (1)wouldn't you guys? (2)you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit. ご教示願います。 ■シチュエーション ジョーイはフィービーの双子の姉であるアースラの誕生日にアースラとデートに行くと言っています。 もちろん、フィービーもその日は誕生日。フィービーとジョーイはお友達ですが、フィービーとアースラは犬猿の仲。 CHANDLER: There it is! So what're you gonna do? JOEY: What can I do? Look, I don't want to do anything to screw it up with Ursula. CHANDLER: And your friend Phoebe? JOEY: Well, if she's my friend, hopefully she'll understand. I mean, wouldn't you guys? CHANDLER: Man if you tried something like that on my birthday, you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit.

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16(4)

今回多くて申し訳ございません。 4つものシーンでわからない部分があり、手こずってます... It's just gonna have to stay in No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?" こちらの部分がわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ 出産の仕方を映像で見たキャロルが、私にはこんなのとてもできないわ、と言っているシーン CAROL: This is impossible. It's just impossible. SUSAN: What is, honey? CAROL: What that woman did. I am not doin' that. It's just gonna have to stay in. That's all, everything will be the same, it'll just stay in. ROSS: Carol, honey, shhh, everything's gonna be all right. CAROL: What do you know? No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?"

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-11

This is so not what I needed now. この1文がわかりません。 できれば、文法的に解読お願いいたします。 Rachel: Oh, c'mon. We'll have, we'll have a big party, and no-one'll know who's with who. Ross: Hey, y'know, this is so not what I needed right now. Monica: What's the matter? Ross: Oh, it's-it's Marcel. He keeps shutting me out, y'know? He's walking around all the time dragging his hands...

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-15

I'm keeping it downがわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ モニカがレストランの料理長の試験のため、作ったサーモンムースをジョーイに試食させて、意見を求めているシーン MNCA: [to Joey] OK, try this salmon mousse. JOEY: [tasting] Mmmm. Good. MNCA: Is it better than the other salmon mousse? JOEY: It's creamier. MNCA: Yeah, well, is that better? JOEY: I don't know. We're talking about whipped fish, Monica. I'm just happy I'm keeping it down, y'know?

• この単元って…。

The place I want to visit is New York.とか、 This is the library I often use.って、範囲で 言うと関係代名詞ですか???

• 3パターンの文

(1) I find it difficult to get up early in the morning. この文をthatを使って、 (2) I find that it is difficult to get up early in the morning. そしてthatを省略して、 (3) I find it is difficult to get up early in the morning. 3つとも正しい文ということになりますか?意味も同じでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• アメリカの新聞の和訳

下記の和訳についておおしえください。特に下記の2か所です。 1)“If that’s what it takes, I find it acceptable,” 2)“if you look at the crime in New York, it’s less white people; that’s just the way it is” But some New Yorkers, while conceding that the police show favoritism for one race over another, said the stop-and-frisk tactic’s ends justified the means. “If that’s what it takes, I find it acceptable,” said Jani Kipness, 58, a special-education teacher from Brooklyn who is white. She said that she thought that officers “single out minority groups,” but that “if you look at the crime in New York, it’s less white people; that’s just the way it is”