女性デザイナーが語るウエディングドレスの魅力

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 女性デザイナーが語る、ウエディングドレスの魅力とは?ウエディングドレスは、女性の最も脆弱な瞬間に関わるものです。結婚式の日には完璧を求める女性が多く、普段のエレガントな服やデイタイムの服よりも要求が厳しいです。
  • ウエディングドレスは女性にとってのオスカーです。ウエディングドレスは女性の最も公になる瞬間であり、同時に彼女の一番プライベートな気持ちを表現するものでもあります。その組み合わせは独特で、私はウエディングビジネスでクライアントとの個別の関係を築く機会が多くありました。その経験は不可欠で、彼女たちが女性から花嫁へ、そして妻になる過程を共にすることができます。
  • ウエディングドレスは婚約期間を通じて変化していきます。婚約指輪をもらった後、まず私に相談してくれることが多いです。私は彼女たちの変身を一緒に経験し、サポートすることができます。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

会話文なんですが和訳お願いします!

会話文なんですが和訳お願いします! インタビュアー You have started in bridal. You're dealing with women at their most vulnerable. Every woman wants perfection for her wedding day and is far more demanding than she would be of an evening gown or a daytime er outfit デザイナー Well it's every woman's Oscar. That's what I always say. But in a way it is true. I think it's most public moment. And it's also about your most private feelings. So thatparticular combination is unique and from the very beginning in the bridal business I have had very much to deal with clients on a one-on-one basis, and that's given me tremendous insight that um perhaps is irreplaceable, I think, to really be with them through this process of going from being a woman to becoming a bride to becoming a mate. And I think that transformation is something that occurs during the engagement process and as a result I'm usually the one they call first after the engagement ring. So I sort of live through that transformation with them. ある女性デザイナー(主にウエディングドレスを手がける)のインタビュー番組です。 内容がどうしてもつかめません… 長文ですがよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数10

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)
回答No.3

結婚は男女間の愛情を確認して夫婦としての契りを結ぶことから、当人の感情に関わるとても個人的な部分があり、また、二人が夫婦になったことを近親者に報告することから、その儀式に関わるとても公的な部分があります。ここでデザイナーが 'unique' と言っているのは、こういった個人的な部分と公的な部分との共存が、他には見られないものだということだと思います。 このデザイナーは個人的な部分について、女性には婚約してから夫婦となるまでの過程で女性から花嫁そして妻への意識の変化があることを重視しています。ブライダル事業をやるからには、結婚式の演出という公的な部分だけではなく、こういった女性の内面的変化を見守るという個人的な部分への対応も重要だと考えているようです。 このインタビューで、インタビュアーはデザイナーに対して、結婚式の演出の一部であるウェディング・ドレスという公的な部分から話を向けています。デザイナーは結婚式をオスカーの授賞式にたとえてその公的な部分の存在を認めたうえで、結婚式にはそれだけではなく個人的な部分があることを説明し、自分が重要だと考えている女性の内面的変化に話題を向け、それについて語っています。それがこのデザイナーの話の流れだと思います。公的な部分と個人的な部分との組合せを 'unique' という言葉を使って表現したのは、結婚式には公的な部分だけでなく個人的な部分もあるということを強調して、話題をそちらへ向けようとしたからかもしれません。

anna00311
質問者

お礼

お礼遅くなって申し訳ございません… 確かに、公的な部分と個人的な感情が共存する瞬間って結婚以外では思い当たりませんね。 詳しく解説して頂きありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (2)

• tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)
回答No.2

インタビュアー 「ブライダル事業を始められましたが、夢一杯の時期にいる女性を相手のお仕事ですね。女性なら誰でも結婚式の日は完璧であってほしいと思い、夜のドレスや昼の普段着に求める以上のことを求めます」 デザイナー 「ええ、そうです。女性にとってのオスカー授賞式です。私はいつもそう言っています。でも、ある意味ではそのとおりです。女性が人前でもっとも輝く瞬間であり、また、もっとも個人的な感情に触れることでもあります。この二つを同時に迎えるのは他にないことで、私はブライダル事業に携わった当初から、一人ひとりに対することを基本にお客様に接することを大切にしてきています。そうすれば、たぶん他の方法では知ることのできない多くのことを知ることができます。そしてこれにより、その女性が一人の女性から花嫁になり妻になるまでの過程を本当に共にすることができるのだと思います。また、この変化は婚約期間中に起こります。成行き上、通常は婚約指輪が決まった次が私の出番になります。ですから、私はこの変化の最初から最後までをその女性と共に過ごすことになるわけです」 会話の文章なので文脈や因果関係がつかみにくいように思いました。

anna00311
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました! tkltk73さんのおかげで、理解できた気がします! 1つ質問させて下さい。 public momentとprivate feelingsに対比の意味合いはあるのでしょうか? なぜ、この2つの組み合わせが“unique”なのか、いまひとつ理解できないんです…

• Twillight
  • ベストアンサー率55% (37/67)
回答No.1

そのまま訳すと少々わかり図らい内容なので、()外が直訳、()内は本文には無い内容ですが、こういう意味だというコトであくまでも参考にどうぞ。 インタビュアー ブライダル業界に入られましたね。 女性が最も傷つきやすい(感情的になりやすい)時にあなたは彼女らと関わりあってます。 女性なら誰でも完璧(理想どおり)の結婚式(式の日)を望むし、普段着やガウンの時とは比べ物にならないくらい要求してくる(普段着やガウンを注文する時とは比べ物にならないくらい......)。 デザイナー どの女性にとってもオスカー同様のイベント。 私はいつもそう言う(そう思ってる/そう伝えてる)。 でもある意味では正しい。 (女性の人生の中で)最もパブリックな瞬間だと私は思う。 そして自身の心の中の気持ちの事でもある(気持ちも関係している)。 この二つの点のコンビネーションはユニークで、このブライダルビジネスを始めたばかりの頃から既に私はクライアントと1対1で対面する事が普通だった。 そしてその経験が私に途轍もない洞察力をくれた―――多分かけがえのない(洞察力を)。 私が思うに、女性から新婦になってそしてメイト(妻)になるこのプロセスの間、彼女らと一緒なら(ここの文章は文法的に曖昧なのではっきりと要点が掴めませんが、ようするに「この貴重な時を彼女らと共有する事で得られた洞察力はかけがえのないものだと思う」)。 そして、私が思うに、この気持ちの変化というのは(女性→新婦→妻)婚約中におきる物だと思う。 婚約指輪を手にしてから(彼女らが)最初に電話する相手は私だもの。 だからある意味では私は、この変化の時を彼女らと共に過ごしてるともいえますね。 少々ややこしい和訳になってしまいお詫び申し上げます。 解りにくい点などございましたら補足してください。

anna00311
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました! 1つ質問なのですが、transformation(女性→新婦→妻)の期間を共にすることに対しての結果は、どういったことなのでしょうか? すいません、インタビュアーの質問に対してのつながりがどうしても理解できなくて…

関連するQ&A

• 文の構造と和訳

VOAの一節なんですが二行目の,and so characterizing以下が わかりません。どの部分が主語で訳はどうなりますか? それより前は「火星に行けるかは問題ではなくなった、いつ行くか 宇宙飛行士をどのようにして守るかが問題だ」というような意味だと思いますが... 火星探査のお話のインタヴューの部分なのですがどなたか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。 I think it’s never really been a question of if we can go to Mars. It’s a matter of when we go, how do we best-protect our astronauts, and so characterizing the radiation environment in terms of the types of radiation that we observe and when it’s the worst and when we’d need to take precautionary measures, I think, is one of the things that we’re, we’re learning from RAD.

• 会話文なんですが和訳お願いします。

Sandra's character is a doctor. She's much more rational. My character is kind of more open to what's going on here. And I think, with that, they kind of come together. And in that moment, I guess They're both at the mailbox, exchanging letters at different times at the same time. And it's either yes or no. Do you walk away or not? And something about what they are feeling from each other, I guess, through these, the medium of these letters, they say yes. イルマーレという映画のストーリを説明しているみたいですが、解釈に困っています(;^_^A  2004年と2006年、違う“時”を生きるふたりの恋の話のようです。 長い文ですが宜しくお願いします!

• 会話文の和訳お願いします!

会話文の和訳お願いします! インタビュアー I love the fact that you once described what you do as half technician, half psychologist. デザイナー No question. And I think sometimes family therapist in some cases because you get very involved with the families as you're working um on this huge event. I mean it's a life-altering event. And because of it's not only taught me to become a very fine dressmaker but at the same time it's also taught me a lot about the psychology of women, and about women, and how no matter what background you come from, and you know, what you do, we are all very much connected in that respect and it's about an emotional moment in one's life and hopefully um my ability to tap into that for them. ある女性デザイナーのインタビュー番組です。(ウエディングドレスで有名なデザイナーのようです) 意味がどうしても汲み取れません… 長文ですがよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 会話文の和訳をお願いします。

会話文の和訳をお願いします。 I saw the relationship with Tim and Jessica a lot like bowling. It’s like when she bowl, she can bowl the game regular. And then when I come to step up she puts up the bumpers and so my ball would never go into the gutter because of her. And I think that was the cool way to think about it. Because it’s mom, sister, girl friend, it’s all those things at the same time and whether or not guys wants to admit it, that’s what girls should be you know, I think they’re everything to us and we probably wouldn’t make light of it all the time but when we do, we need that everybody does. あるインタビュー番組で、映画に出てくる主人公(ティム/話者)と彼の奥さん(ジェシカ)との関係について答えているシーンです。 前半部分はボーリングにたとえて、「奥さんがバンパーラインの役割を担っている」のような内容だと思うのですが、その後のつながりが全く理解できません。会話文なので分かりづらいとは思いますが、よろしくお願いします!

• 会話文ですが和訳をお願いします!

会話文ですが和訳をお願いします! I don't necessarily have a type yet. I've dated all sorts of ethnic backgrounds, everyone from West Indian to Polish. It's not really like, to me, it's more a personality thing that gets me. I'm good talking, but I want someone else to shut me up and give me some proper feedback. I had one friend set me up before and it was a complete disaster, so the worse thing that could possibly happen with this date today would probably be if I ended up being related to her something, otherwise I'm pretty much open to anything at this point. ある男性の自己紹介です。 この後、ブラインドデートが行われるんですが、内容が把握できません… 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳お願いします!

"It's been considered a mark of very hard work and movement into a higher and wealthier social class to get very little sleep. "Now I think people need to be educated that allowing enough time for sleep is the most reliable way to promote alertness behind the wheel and on the job." お願いします(>_<)

• 会話文をどうしても訳すことが出来ず困っています。

ピーターさん「So, Chad, look, is this more than just simply about people uploading videos of themselves making idiots of themselves at parties or is something really quite profound going on here, about people engaging the world in a new way?」 チャドさん「Yeah, I know, it's- it's changing the world because it's giving everyone a voice. Um, and we've been able to be successful because we've built a platform to make that possible. And we weren't filtering, uh, you know, what was entertaining, uh, for our audience. We let our audience define what was entertaining to them. So, by having a platform where videos can come in, by them viewing/interacting with these videos, they'll rise to the top.」 ピーターさん「Now one of the people we couldn't put on the panel today just for numbers was Jimmy Wales who's here, Jimmy are you in the hall? No, well Jimmy, uh, started something called Wikipedia. Um, and now here's something that, you know, I'm an old Britannica junkie. I still have my 1974 edition Macropedia, Micropedia in the basement and I still love it. But my son, he doesn't know from Macropedia, Britannica, it's Wikipedia. Now I use Wikipedia all the time. Wikipedia's changing the world. It's the universal distribution of knowledge accessible to everybody from the bottom up. But it's an instantaneously, constantly created source of knowledge. So I'm speaking here for Jimmy, but I seem to think that this is another dimension of this when you say voice. And it's the voice of knowledge and the distribution of knowledge enabling people to do new things.」 この三つの会話文がどうしても理解できず,困っています。 誰かこれ読める方いらっしゃいましたらお教えくださいませ(m。_。)m

• 英語の得意な方、翻訳をお願いします!

英語の得意な方、翻訳をお願いします! 翻訳機能などを使ってみましたが、綺麗な日本語にならなくて困っています お願いします What do you say about people who say female bodybuilders aren't even women? I think such opinions are extremely shallow. To look at just one aspect of a person, such as the fact that they have a lot of muscle, and then say that that person is not a woman constitutes an extremely narrow viewpoint. Is bodybuilding to you in any way a rebellion? That didn't have anything to do with why I started bodybuilding, but I must say that it has been a constant battle since then. As my muscles got bigger and I got stronger, people around me started to change. That's when it started becoming necessary to fight. What do you think about the trend for women bodybuilders to alter the natural body line with breast implants? I think it's a very unfortunate trend. It looks to me like the women are being manipulated by men's wishes. It's like a fitness version of Playboy. I think that in Japan, especially, women have a very narrow concept of themselves. What do you think? You have to value yourself more and value what you think and what you want to do.The way I see it, God made lots and lots of people. Why? Because it's a good thing to have all different types of people.Each person has his or her own individuality, own character, and it's the most important thing is to express that.

• 英語が堪能な方

自然な訳をお願いできますか? I do think it's creepy, and because thereis a connection to these characters that are fallible, and i think that is the main draw over and above the horror. I think the great connectedness is that they contradict themselves, they're full of contradictions. As we discussed earlier, no one is who they seem to be and that is kind of who we are.

• 英語 和訳

こんにちは。 以下の英文の和訳をお願いします。 (I)Prefer a loss to a dishonest gain: the one brings pain at the moment the other for all time. (II)It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.