女性デザイナーの人となりと仕事について語るインタビュー

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 女性デザイナーが自分自身を半分技術者、半分心理学者と表現し、家族のカウンセラーのようにもなることを語っています。彼女はウエディングドレスの制作に携わる中で、とても深く家族に関わることがあります。自身の技術を磨くだけでなく、女性心理や女性について多くのことを学びました。彼女は言います、背景や職業に関係なく、女性たちはみな繋がりを持っているのです。
  • このインタビューは、ある女性デザイナーが自身の仕事と人となりについて語るものです。彼女は自身を半分技術者、半分心理学者と表現し、ウエディングドレス制作に携わる中で家族との関わりも深くなると語っています。彼女は自身の技術を磨くだけでなく、女性の心理や女性について学ぶことができたと述べています。背景や職業に関係なく、女性たちは繋がりを持っていると彼女は考えています。
  • このインタビューは、ある女性デザイナーによる自身の仕事と人生についての語りです。彼女は自身を半分技術者、半分心理学者と表現し、ウエディングドレスの制作に携わる中で家族との関わりも深くなると述べています。彼女は自身の技術を磨きながら、女性の心理についても学んできたと語っています。背景や職業に関係なく、女性たちはみな繋がりを持っていると彼女は感じています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

会話文の和訳お願いします!

会話文の和訳お願いします! インタビュアー I love the fact that you once described what you do as half technician, half psychologist. デザイナー No question. And I think sometimes family therapist in some cases because you get very involved with the families as you're working um on this huge event. I mean it's a life-altering event. And because of it's not only taught me to become a very fine dressmaker but at the same time it's also taught me a lot about the psychology of women, and about women, and how no matter what background you come from, and you know, what you do, we are all very much connected in that respect and it's about an emotional moment in one's life and hopefully um my ability to tap into that for them. ある女性デザイナーのインタビュー番組です。(ウエディングドレスで有名なデザイナーのようです) 意味がどうしても汲み取れません… 長文ですがよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数13

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kacashi
  • ベストアンサー率50% (67/134)
回答No.1

文章としてはホントわかりにくいですね。笑 インタビュアー: あなたが、ご自分のことを「半分技術屋で、半分心理学者みたいなものよ」と言った事について、私は大変感銘を受けたのですが。 デザイナー: 簡単なことよ。(技術屋で心理学者で)たまに自分がファミリーセラピストだと思うときもあるのよ。なんでって、こういう大きな、人生の大イベントに携わるというのはすごく家族とも関わらなければならないでしょ。そういう経験って、立派なデザイナーとしての自分を育ててくれるだけじゃなくて、女性の心理や、女性そのものについても教えられるものなの。そういう意味では、私もお客も、女性ですからね。それに、(結婚式というのは)人生の中でもすごく感動的な一幕でしょう。だから、私の能力が、(結婚する)彼女らの力になれるなら、それよりすばらしいことはないわ。 と、まあ、こんな意味でしょうか・・・。

anna00311
質問者

お礼

kacashiさん、とても分かりやすい日本語で訳して頂きありがとうございました! 1つ質問なのですが、ここでのfamily therapistは結婚する女性だけでなく、その家族をもケアする役割を果たすと言及しているのでしょうか? それとも、“life-altering event”に続くように、新たな家族を作って別の人生にシフトしていくことを手助けすると示唆しているのでしょうか? 私の理解力不足で申し訳ございません(^_^;)

その他の回答 (3)

• tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)
回答No.4

インタビュアー 「ご自身が半分は技術者、半分は心理学者だと言われたことを知り、すばらしいことだと思いました」 デザイナー 「確かにそうです。それに、時にはファミリーセラピストでもあります。この大きなイベントに取り組んでいると、家族のことも考えなければなりませんから。つまり、結婚式は人生の節目となるイベントだということです。そのため、結婚式に携わることによって、優秀なドレスメーカーにならなければならないと思うだけでなく、女性の心理や女性そのものについて多くを学んでもいます。また、どういった経歴を持つ女性であろうと、何をしている女性であろうと、人生の節目であるという点でどのようにみんなが強く結びつくか、どのように結婚式が人生での感動的な瞬間になっていくのかが分かります。さらにうまくいけば、女性のためにこのイベントを利用する私の能力も伸びるのです」 最後の長い文の構造が分かりづらいですが、最後の部分が 'ability' を核とする名詞句になっているため、この部分、 さらにはこの間にある名詞節も二つ目の 'taught' の 直接目的語になっているものと解釈しました。

• kacashi
  • ベストアンサー率50% (67/134)
回答No.3

#1の補足です! ファミリーセラピストは、「家族の手助けをする」と言う程度の意味じゃないかなぁ。 具体的にどういう職業なのかしらないんですが……アメリカとかだと、結婚生活がうまくいかない夫婦が利用したりする、アレじゃないかと勝手に思ってます。映画の「ミスター&ミセススミス」にも出てきました。 つまり、円満な家族生活(この場合は新婚さんですね)のお手伝いをする、という意味合いだったのかと思います。 間違っているといけないので、気になったらファミリーセラピスト、調べてみてくださいね。笑

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.2

主張としては#1さんがお書きになっているとおりですので、これは参考までに。この部分は、前回のご質問の文脈と繋がっているので、そっちの文章を見ていない人にはわかりにくいと思います(したがって、こういう時には前の質問のリンクを貼っておくといいです)。インタビューというものは全体を通して成り立っているものなので、わかりにくいなと思ったら、前を見かえすなり、そこは飛ばして先へ進むなりして、インタビュー全体から、その人が言わんとすることをくみとると、訳しやすくなりますよ。結局、2~3分やそこらで言いたいことを言うのって難しんです。だから、30分なら30分間のインタビューを通して、人はいろいろな形でひとつのことを伝えている場合が多いんです。で、今回の英文に関して言えば、要するに「結婚式って、どんな女性にとっても普遍的に、複雑な一大イベントなのよね」ということを、職業体験を通じて言いたいわけですよね。

anna00311
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! ご意見、とても参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 会話文なんですが和訳お願いします!

会話文なんですが和訳お願いします! インタビュアー You have started in bridal. You're dealing with women at their most vulnerable. Every woman wants perfection for her wedding day and is far more demanding than she would be of an evening gown or a daytime er outfit デザイナー Well it's every woman's Oscar. That's what I always say. But in a way it is true. I think it's most public moment. And it's also about your most private feelings. So thatparticular combination is unique and from the very beginning in the bridal business I have had very much to deal with clients on a one-on-one basis, and that's given me tremendous insight that um perhaps is irreplaceable, I think, to really be with them through this process of going from being a woman to becoming a bride to becoming a mate. And I think that transformation is something that occurs during the engagement process and as a result I'm usually the one they call first after the engagement ring. So I sort of live through that transformation with them. ある女性デザイナー(主にウエディングドレスを手がける)のインタビュー番組です。 内容がどうしてもつかめません… 長文ですがよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 会話文をどうしても訳すことが出来ず困っています。

ピーターさん「So, Chad, look, is this more than just simply about people uploading videos of themselves making idiots of themselves at parties or is something really quite profound going on here, about people engaging the world in a new way?」 チャドさん「Yeah, I know, it's- it's changing the world because it's giving everyone a voice. Um, and we've been able to be successful because we've built a platform to make that possible. And we weren't filtering, uh, you know, what was entertaining, uh, for our audience. We let our audience define what was entertaining to them. So, by having a platform where videos can come in, by them viewing/interacting with these videos, they'll rise to the top.」 ピーターさん「Now one of the people we couldn't put on the panel today just for numbers was Jimmy Wales who's here, Jimmy are you in the hall? No, well Jimmy, uh, started something called Wikipedia. Um, and now here's something that, you know, I'm an old Britannica junkie. I still have my 1974 edition Macropedia, Micropedia in the basement and I still love it. But my son, he doesn't know from Macropedia, Britannica, it's Wikipedia. Now I use Wikipedia all the time. Wikipedia's changing the world. It's the universal distribution of knowledge accessible to everybody from the bottom up. But it's an instantaneously, constantly created source of knowledge. So I'm speaking here for Jimmy, but I seem to think that this is another dimension of this when you say voice. And it's the voice of knowledge and the distribution of knowledge enabling people to do new things.」 この三つの会話文がどうしても理解できず,困っています。 誰かこれ読める方いらっしゃいましたらお教えくださいませ(m。_。)m

• 会話文の和訳をお願いします。

会話文の和訳をお願いします。 I saw the relationship with Tim and Jessica a lot like bowling. It’s like when she bowl, she can bowl the game regular. And then when I come to step up she puts up the bumpers and so my ball would never go into the gutter because of her. And I think that was the cool way to think about it. Because it’s mom, sister, girl friend, it’s all those things at the same time and whether or not guys wants to admit it, that’s what girls should be you know, I think they’re everything to us and we probably wouldn’t make light of it all the time but when we do, we need that everybody does. あるインタビュー番組で、映画に出てくる主人公(ティム/話者)と彼の奥さん(ジェシカ)との関係について答えているシーンです。 前半部分はボーリングにたとえて、「奥さんがバンパーラインの役割を担っている」のような内容だと思うのですが、その後のつながりが全く理解できません。会話文なので分かりづらいとは思いますが、よろしくお願いします!

• 2センスある日本語訳できますか?

2センスある日本語訳できますか? What do you think about the tend for women bodybuilders to alter the natural body line with breast implants? - I think it’s a very unfortunate trend. I t looks to me line the women are being manipulated by men’s wishes. It’s like a fitness version of playboy. I think that in Japan, especially, women have a very narrow concept of themselves. What do you think? - You have to value yourself more and value what you think and what you want to do.

• 和訳を教えて下さい。(会話文です。)

和訳を教えて下さい。(会話文です。) <At the sushi bar> Chef:Irasshai! Susan:What are you going to have? Peter:I'm not sure. Don't forget that this is my first time. Chef:I recommend that you start with white fish,because it has a light taste,and gradually move on to stronger tasting fish. Then you could finish with the egg topping. Peter:In that case,I'll start with flatfish,please. Susan:Could you make me something low in calories? Chef:Would you like to try the octopus? Susan:That sounds good.

• 和訳お願いします!

What I said is that "It's okay, because I wake up early most days. Also, I'm sorry if what I say seems wrong, because I am not very good at Japanese, and sometimes words are lost in translation." Then I said "I'll talk to you later, Goodnight!"

• 会話文なんですが和訳お願いします。

Sandra's character is a doctor. She's much more rational. My character is kind of more open to what's going on here. And I think, with that, they kind of come together. And in that moment, I guess They're both at the mailbox, exchanging letters at different times at the same time. And it's either yes or no. Do you walk away or not? And something about what they are feeling from each other, I guess, through these, the medium of these letters, they say yes. イルマーレという映画のストーリを説明しているみたいですが、解釈に困っています(;^_^A  2004年と2006年、違う“時”を生きるふたりの恋の話のようです。 長い文ですが宜しくお願いします!

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! 「あなたが退職して、彼(経営者)は落ち込んでいましたか?」 この質問に対しての返答です。 I don't know. You have to ask him that. I think you know we're still very good friends. I adore him. And it's one of those very unique stories. I mean very hard to-- ah impossible really to replicate because it came at a time and a place where he really understood, as a psychiatrist again, the American psyche. And he made that American psyche a global psyche.And that's what's so phenomenal about his...you know, success. ある女性デザイナー(中国系アメリカ人)のインタビュー番組です。 以前働いていた職場での経験と、上司について話してるシーンなのですが、 どうしても意味がつかめません… よろしくお願いします!

• 日本語に訳してください。お願いします。

it's almost christmas and I can't believe that 2 years already have passed. The are times that I am still thinking about you and wondering what you are doing. Maybe it's time to go to Asia again, because I am really missing the time I had in Asia.  Miss you 

• 会話文

以下の会話文は、いろいろな都市に住んだことのあるAさんがひとつの街にずっと住んでいるBさん にインタビューしたときの会話です。 Aさんが、なぜずっとこの街にいるのか、この街の何が好きなのかを訪ねた際、Bさんはbeing back in school, having pleasure, thinking about...と、動名詞で続けます。会話では動名詞を並べることで、何々だからと言う意味で、通じるのでしょうか。それともなにか省略されているのでしょうか。解説お願いいたします。 A: Why are you still here? What do you like about this city? B: Well, that's a great question. Especially being back in school now and having the pleasure of meeting people from all around the world, really, and thinking about possibly continuing my studies after this year and where I might go for that. And, so yeah, I guess it's just been a time where I've been reflecting on that too. Where I want to be, why I've actually even stuck around here for another degree. But I think, for me, it remains a really charming city to live in.