• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! 「あなたが退職して、彼(経営者)は落ち込んでいましたか?」 この質問に対しての返答です。 I don't know. You have to ask him that. I think you know we're still very good friends. I adore him. And it's one of those very unique stories. I mean very hard to-- ah impossible really to replicate because it came at a time and a place where he really understood, as a psychiatrist again, the American psyche. And he made that American psyche a global psyche.And that's what's so phenomenal about his...you know, success. ある女性デザイナー(中国系アメリカ人)のインタビュー番組です。 以前働いていた職場での経験と、上司について話してるシーンなのですが、 どうしても意味がつかめません… よろしくお願いします!

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数3
  • 閲覧数46
  • ありがとう数11

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.3
  • tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)

私はアメリカ精神が彼の成功の原因となったというよりも、 彼の成功を特徴付ける要素であるという意味だと解釈しました。 でも、それが彼の成功を特徴付ける要素の一つであるとすると、 彼の業績が成功と評価される理由の一つであるとも考える ことができると思います。 原文を見ると、話者は 'his' の後で少し言葉に迷っているよう ですね。彼の「成功」だけではなく、「仕事への取組み方」や 「人格」といった他の言葉も後に続く言葉の候補として上がった 末での「成功」という言葉の選択だったようです。アメリカ精神が 彼のどこかの部分を特徴付けているということはすぐに頭に 浮かんだのでしょうが、それがどの部分であるかについては、 その後に話者の頭の中で明確になったのかもしれません。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

お礼、大変遅くなって申し訳ございません… 分かりやすい説明ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (2)

• 回答No.2
  • tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)

「分かりません。それは彼に聞いてみてください。彼とは今でもとても仲のいい友達です。私は彼を尊敬しています。また、これはたいへんまれな話です。つまり、ほかでは起こりがたい、まさに起こりえないことです。それは、再び心理学者のようなことを言うと、彼が真のアメリカ精神の理解者であるという時と場所を得てこそ実現した話だからです。また、彼はそのアメリカ精神を世界の精神にしました。それが彼の成功の中でとても特異な点です」 「アメリカ精神」についてですが、下に添付のサイトによると 「自主独立」と「多民族」がそれの具体化の二つの例として 挙げられています。かつての上司がこの自主独立の精神を理解 している人だったので、デザイナーは独立を希望したときに、 引き止められずに独立することができたのではないでしょうか。

参考URL:
http://smart.fm/users/namiyuki48/journal/2010/4/9/196061-essay-02

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

回答ありがとうございます! American psycheにそのような意味があるなんて知らなかったです。 ちなみに最後の that's what's so phenomenal about his successとは、アメリカ精神が 彼の成功とつながることを意味しているのでしょうか? ここでの因果関係がよくわからなくて… 何度も質問して申し訳ございません。

• 回答No.1
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3501/7235)

I don't know. 分らないわ。You have to ask him that. 彼に尋ねてみることね。I think you know we're still very good friends. 私たちは依然としていいお友達よ。I adore him. 彼は素晴らしい人だと思うの。And it's one of those very unique stories. とってもユニークな話なの。I mean very hard to-- ah impossible really to replicate それを説明するのはむつかしい、というか、不可能なんだけど because it came at a time and a place where he really understood, その時その場所でってことは彼には分ってたのよ as a psychiatrist again, まるで心理学者みたいにね the American psyche. アメリカ的精神よ And he made that American psyche a global psyche. 彼はそのアメリカ的精神をグローバルなものにしたの And that's what's so phenomenal about his...you know, success. そして、何とそれが彼を成功させのよ あまり細かくは分りませんが、感じとしてはこういうものなのではないでしょうか。American psyche って何だろうと思いました。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

回答ありがとうございます! 私もAmerican psycheに頭を悩ませていました。 辞書を調べてもアメリカ精神、米国民の心理 つまり、「彼は人種を超えて心理を理解できる」といった内容なのでしょうか? (職場を辞めたデザイナーは中国系なので) ニュアンスをつかむのが難しいですね…

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳お願いいたします

Hmmm you like this hotel? I think you know how to appreciate nice things. ・You know that it's only 1 more week before I get on the plane ... I really can't wait to be with you again. ・And it's going to be really nice to see you in your own country and in Tokyo! . ・And of course I choose only the best things for you.

• 和訳をお願いします

長文で申し訳ありませんが、 よろしくお願いします I'm very flattered to know that you think like that for me?️! My friends & sisters are really very kind to me! I'm just returning those kindness to them by being a good friend & co-workers also ! And Im so happy that you feel their concern it for me.?️ Actually some of them started to practice for the showtime even I'm not present! They really looking forward for my fast recovery . Once again...thank you! よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いいたします。

They were very interested to know how your trip went? And my mother said that your are very "kawaii so" because it has not been so cold in more than 100 years. Come to think of it ... you're really not very fortunate. In summer you visited Osaka and it hasn't been so warm for 100+ years. And when you visit Belgium in winter ... it hasn't been so cold for more then 100 years. You really go through cold and heat to see me ... I'm so happy to know you ... Of course you can stay in "our" hotel room as much and as long you want. . I come to Tokyo for you. If you ask me about my top 5 things I want to do when I'm in Tokyo,

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 1 It is impossible to know where or how language began.   However, we do know a lot about language. 2 According to legend,when Galileo was forced to swear that the center of the universe was the earth which could not move , he whispered , "But it does move! It does move all the same!" 3 He might well think a lot about the goose, for it was very strange 4 You might as well expect a wolf to be generous as ask him for money. 5 She used to be an actress, and so she was used to being looked at by many people. 6 His books that used to seem boring seem to him now like old friends. 7 Most Japanese would rather spend their money on their old age than pass it on to their children. 8 Many things were very odd, and I would like to describe them. よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか。 不明な部分等がありましたら、意訳でお願いします。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The moon conjuncts Neptune. There is some peculiarity but also a touch of genius in the partner, he may have some talent that seems to be inspired or from the world beyond, but also a strangeness of temperament with it.. An ellement of unreliability and secrecy through out the relationship. You will both find the past and all that is historical very romantic, and the ideal world of yesteryear seems to beckon and call. through this love. It is as if after you meet, a past life or incarnation overshadows the present one, and begins very gradually and subtly at first to make itself known. He will find you mesmerizing, entrancing, and you will always be able to draw him into your world of images and dreams. You can inspire him.

• 和訳をお願いしたいです

以下の英文を和訳していただける方に。 ご回答をお願いできますでしょうか? ミスなどのご指摘等、いただけるととてもありがたいです。 何卒よろしくお願いいたします。 When this relationship begins it will be erratic. you will feel when you have met him that there is not enough time for it to really begin. That he has come and gone, and how can it continue? The circumstance in your life at the time will seem too brief. There is often the feeling with Uranus that you meet the right man at the wrong time, or in the wrong circumstance. It can feel like a brief encounter, too hurried, too beautifull, too difficult to establish, yet when it takes root it will alter the balance and timing of things in your life and throw everything you had planned before that into disarray. You will live for the future, for the next time you see him, or communicate with him, but at first contact can be irregular, unstable. the circumstance of both your lives will seem mistimed and hurried and changing, but with Uranus in Virgo you will find practical solutions and will be able to build a solid relationship.,

• 和訳をお願いします

以下の英語を和訳して下さい Wow! Thank you for that! I'm so flattered! I'm really happy to know that you look at me that way! よろしくお願いします

• お願いです、和訳して下さい!

『I really needed to hear that while I am waiting for you. You seem to do things that fit me very well. You are a special woman. And yes you will be in my dreams,until we are together again...』 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的な部分は意訳していただけると ありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 People sometimes want to know if they could have met this before. If they have met in the past, or in childhood, or if he associated with the family or neighborhood or is a total stranger. There is an ancient system of astrology, which I have not yet fully tested It has to do with the houses that the ruling planet of the seventh house falls in. Whether it is a cadent house, I. e. falling off the angles of the chart, or a Succeeded house and so on. The ruling planet of your house of marriage is considered succeedent. Your soul mate has a need for emotional security. He is concerned about establishing roots and a stable life pattern. He often turns to the past, though it doesn’t necessarily mean you already know him. It can mean that he is future but if you break up, he will return to will look back to the past for relationship and people he has known before. Traditionally astrology teaches that when you first meet he will be a complete stranger but something about him, or the place or the relationship will be reminiscent of the past. You will feel as though it is familiar, or you know him, or like a memory from something or somewhere you cannot quite recall.