退職後の経営者の心情とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • この質問に対しての返答です。
  • ある女性デザイナー(中国系アメリカ人)のインタビュー番組です。
  • 以前働いていた職場での経験と、上司について話してるシーンなのですが、どうしても意味がつかめません…
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! 「あなたが退職して、彼(経営者)は落ち込んでいましたか?」 この質問に対しての返答です。 I don't know. You have to ask him that. I think you know we're still very good friends. I adore him. And it's one of those very unique stories. I mean very hard to-- ah impossible really to replicate because it came at a time and a place where he really understood, as a psychiatrist again, the American psyche. And he made that American psyche a global psyche.And that's what's so phenomenal about his...you know, success. ある女性デザイナー(中国系アメリカ人)のインタビュー番組です。 以前働いていた職場での経験と、上司について話してるシーンなのですが、 どうしても意味がつかめません… よろしくお願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数11

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)
回答No.3

私はアメリカ精神が彼の成功の原因となったというよりも、 彼の成功を特徴付ける要素であるという意味だと解釈しました。 でも、それが彼の成功を特徴付ける要素の一つであるとすると、 彼の業績が成功と評価される理由の一つであるとも考える ことができると思います。 原文を見ると、話者は 'his' の後で少し言葉に迷っているよう ですね。彼の「成功」だけではなく、「仕事への取組み方」や 「人格」といった他の言葉も後に続く言葉の候補として上がった 末での「成功」という言葉の選択だったようです。アメリカ精神が 彼のどこかの部分を特徴付けているということはすぐに頭に 浮かんだのでしょうが、それがどの部分であるかについては、 その後に話者の頭の中で明確になったのかもしれません。

anna00311
質問者

お礼

お礼、大変遅くなって申し訳ございません… 分かりやすい説明ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (2)

• tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)
回答No.2

「分かりません。それは彼に聞いてみてください。彼とは今でもとても仲のいい友達です。私は彼を尊敬しています。また、これはたいへんまれな話です。つまり、ほかでは起こりがたい、まさに起こりえないことです。それは、再び心理学者のようなことを言うと、彼が真のアメリカ精神の理解者であるという時と場所を得てこそ実現した話だからです。また、彼はそのアメリカ精神を世界の精神にしました。それが彼の成功の中でとても特異な点です」 「アメリカ精神」についてですが、下に添付のサイトによると 「自主独立」と「多民族」がそれの具体化の二つの例として 挙げられています。かつての上司がこの自主独立の精神を理解 している人だったので、デザイナーは独立を希望したときに、 引き止められずに独立することができたのではないでしょうか。

参考URL:
http://smart.fm/users/namiyuki48/journal/2010/4/9/196061-essay-02
anna00311
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! American psycheにそのような意味があるなんて知らなかったです。 ちなみに最後の that's what's so phenomenal about his successとは、アメリカ精神が 彼の成功とつながることを意味しているのでしょうか? ここでの因果関係がよくわからなくて… 何度も質問して申し訳ございません。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

I don't know. 分らないわ。You have to ask him that. 彼に尋ねてみることね。I think you know we're still very good friends. 私たちは依然としていいお友達よ。I adore him. 彼は素晴らしい人だと思うの。And it's one of those very unique stories. とってもユニークな話なの。I mean very hard to-- ah impossible really to replicate それを説明するのはむつかしい、というか、不可能なんだけど because it came at a time and a place where he really understood, その時その場所でってことは彼には分ってたのよ as a psychiatrist again, まるで心理学者みたいにね the American psyche. アメリカ的精神よ And he made that American psyche a global psyche. 彼はそのアメリカ的精神をグローバルなものにしたの And that's what's so phenomenal about his...you know, success. そして、何とそれが彼を成功させのよ あまり細かくは分りませんが、感じとしてはこういうものなのではないでしょうか。American psyche って何だろうと思いました。

anna00311
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! 私もAmerican psycheに頭を悩ませていました。 辞書を調べてもアメリカ精神、米国民の心理 つまり、「彼は人種を超えて心理を理解できる」といった内容なのでしょうか? (職場を辞めたデザイナーは中国系なので) ニュアンスをつかむのが難しいですね…

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳してください!

昔の友人?恋人のような男性から2年ぶりに連絡が来ましたがあまりにも自分が英語を忘れすぎて彼のメッセージが正確に理解できません。。。なんとなくはわかるのですが正確に知りたいので分かる方、和訳お願いいたします。 自分の名前はAとしています。 I am glad that u are fine...i am good too ... i wanna say a couple of things to you! Back there, when we were at LA, i thing that didn't treated you the way that you deserve, and i wanna say really sorry aboute that A...you deserve to know that i have a lot of good memories about you and the good times that we had in LA I know that all this things happened a long time ago, but i want to say sorry to you anyway... U always were so nice to me, and back there i was to young and too immature to know that... So, this is your Brazilian friend saying sorry to you about something that happened almost 2 years ago, but still care about that...i know that we live really far way, but anyway, i wanna be ok with you Miss you A

• 和訳をお願いします

長文で申し訳ありませんが、 よろしくお願いします I'm very flattered to know that you think like that for me?️! My friends & sisters are really very kind to me! I'm just returning those kindness to them by being a good friend & co-workers also ! And Im so happy that you feel their concern it for me.?️ Actually some of them started to practice for the showtime even I'm not present! They really looking forward for my fast recovery . Once again...thank you! よろしくお願いします

• 和訳ができません(泣

自分の尊敬するダンサーに送ったメールです。 来たメール lol hey man...ahhh, yeah i love hyun joon too man, but yeah i'm not HIM..but i just have all his vids hah and upload em so everybody can watch him and get to know him, he's a really cool guy tho ↑を訳してください<(__)> ちなみに僕が送った文↓↓です。 title:Are You Nam Hyun Joon ? comment: I am high school student I like Nam Hyun joon !! Very very very very Fan !! I,m looking forward to your letter . ↑は あなたはNam Hyun Joon ですか? 私はNam Hyun Joon が好きです! めちゃめちゃファンです! お手紙待ってます って意味で書きました。(相手に伝わるといいけど((汗

• 和訳お願いいたします

Hmmm you like this hotel? I think you know how to appreciate nice things. ・You know that it's only 1 more week before I get on the plane ... I really can't wait to be with you again. ・And it's going to be really nice to see you in your own country and in Tokyo! . ・And of course I choose only the best things for you.

• 和訳をお願いします!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 宜しくお願いします!

• 和訳お願いいたします。

They were very interested to know how your trip went? And my mother said that your are very "kawaii so" because it has not been so cold in more than 100 years. Come to think of it ... you're really not very fortunate. In summer you visited Osaka and it hasn't been so warm for 100+ years. And when you visit Belgium in winter ... it hasn't been so cold for more then 100 years. You really go through cold and heat to see me ... I'm so happy to know you ... Of course you can stay in "our" hotel room as much and as long you want. . I come to Tokyo for you. If you ask me about my top 5 things I want to do when I'm in Tokyo,

• お願いです、和訳して下さい!

『I really needed to hear that while I am waiting for you. You seem to do things that fit me very well. You are a special woman. And yes you will be in my dreams,until we are together again...』 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for nine months, and he’s kind, gentle, and thoughtful. But last week I had an experience that has given me pause. My apartment building has been hit by burglars several times over the past few months. Last week, my boyfriend and I came home and were surprised by a burglar coming out of my apartment door. My boyfriend confronted him, and the burglar charged at him—whether to push past or attack, it’s hard to say. My boyfriend quickly subdued the burglar and told me to call 9-1-1. Here’s where it gets disturbing. He very calmly told the burglar, “Now it’s time for you to learn your lesson.” And he proceeded to beat the man unconscious, deaf to my protests that he should stop. My boyfriend handled the police (I didn’t contradict him) such that they were ready to pin a medal on him. My boyfriend handled the police such that they were ready to pin a medal on him.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 日本語におねがいします。

こんにちは。 翻訳機で変換してみましたが、いまいちしっくりこないので日本語にお願いします。 What do you think that (名前) would do if he knew that you contacted me? I'm just thinking that you live far away and don't want to be in contact with him anymore, so what could he do? It sounds like your relationship with him was a little more formal than mine, which was very casual. I was only in Istanbul for a total of about a week. What, if anything, did he tell you about what happened between us and why did he tell you? Just to make you upset? Do you think that he's trying to apologize when he calls you? Did you know that he has deleted his facebook profile? Do you know why? Sorry that I'm so full of questions, but I'm really curious. Any information that you can give me would be very appreciated.