• ベストアンサー

off

"These floppy suede boots I got at Barneys last summer in Philadelphia. Which look awful worn all the way up (I tried again today just to make sure..gross gross gross) but so perfectly off folded over." -so perfectly off folded overの意味を教えてください

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

また外れでしょうけど folded over が、その前にある up と対照をなして使われているのではないかと思います。  (長靴を上に引っ張り上げて履くとまあそのみっとも恥ずかしいったらサイテイ)しかし(上の方をひっくり返して)折り曲げると、悪くないのよね、、完璧! off は、下記の come off の4番目「うまくいく」「成功する」などと云う時、店で見ると見るも無惨なものも、Xが着ると、急に生き生きと、シックに着こなす、などという時に使います。 あれでしょうかね。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/come+off/UTF-8/

関連するQ&A

• shakes it off

No one in my family, including myself, wants to spend time with my mom. She can be really toxic. She has hurt me all my life, and, really, everyone I love. I stopped asking my husband and kids to go with me a while ago. In fact, I limited my children's exposure to her when they were growing up, but they still have scars from stuff she did or said when they were young adults; it's difficult to be prepared for the truly awful stuff she says and does, even when warned your whole life. Even though I know all this and I'm normally pretty pragmatic, I am finding it tough to just cut my mom off. We've had so many conversations over the years about the things she says and does, but she is never going to change because she just doesn't get it. It's almost like punishing a fish for bad behavior. She never accepts accountability for anything, and never sees the damage. She says and does petty, horrible things in irritation, then just shakes it off, accusing others of being too sensitive. ここでのshakes it offはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• take one's hat off

NHK実践ビジネス英語2017年6月号Lesson 5(2)のUedaさんの台詞で、”take one’s hat off”があります。Web検索してみると take your hat off to sb If you say that you take your hat off to someone, you mean that you admire them for an achievement: So Emma actually manages to juggle two small children and a full-time job, does she? Well, I take my hat off to her. 出典Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus 日本語でも「脱帽です。頭が下がります。」ですが、帽子を被る習慣は明治時代からでしょうから、この言い回しは英語から入って来たものなのかな。 それはどちらでもいいことですが、実際に帽子を脱ぐという表現はNHKのこの講座では下記のWalkerさんの例のように”take off one’s hat”となっている気がします。一応テキストですから、わざと使い分けているのですか?それとも混同をさけるため、使い分ける習慣なのでしょうか? Ueda: I'm sure they keep you on your toes. I take my hat off to you. @2017年6月L5(2) Walker: You should definitely take off your hat when you enter someone’s house or a church. But a bar? @ 2011年8月L10(1) ※OKWAVEより補足:テーマ「実践ビジネス英語」から投稿された質問です。

• ...so that I coul........

NHKラジオ英会話講座より I took the day off so that I could rest and get over my cold. 横になって休んで風邪を治すために一日休みを取った。 (質問)和英の問題で[could]は思いつきませんでした。何故[could]が使われているのか?[so that]との因果関係はありますか?コアの「出来る」から発想されるものでしょうか?同類の使い方をわかりやすい文章で教えてくださいませんでしょうか?お願いいたします。以上

• ハリスヒルトンのつぶやき

ハリスヒルトンのつぶやき Good Morning Everyone! On my way over to The View. I will be co-hosting with all the ladies today, so make sure to tune into The View today. どういう意味ですか?単語は全部わかるのですが・・・・。

• 英語の問題

1: A:Could I have the tuna salad and a cup of coffee,please? B:() A:No,that's it,thanks. (1)Sure.Anything else? (2)Yes. Is that all you want? (3)The tomato salad? (4)Would you like the coffee now? 2: A:I tried to join the speed skating team. B:Oh,have you been chosen for the team? A:() (1)I hope that (2)I hope so (3)I want to (4)I want and hope it 解答と訳お願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My mom is a fantastic person. Smart, resourceful, and worked her ass off as a single parent to make sure I never went without. Sadly, I just realized a week ago that she has a serious problem. She has 11 small dogs and several cats. I just moved nearby from out of state to find urine and feces all over the floors. The house smells awful. I hired movers and they refused to load the truck because they couldn’t bear the thought of setting foot in her home. Whenever I approach her about having too many dogs or the mess she instantly becomes argumentative and defensive. She also puts her own well-being after the animals. make sure I never went withoutはどのような意味でしょうか?後に何か省略されているでしょうか?あと、puts her own well-being after the animalsの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• わからない個所を教えてください。

‘I do. It’s flying. I hate flying. Excellent – they’ve given us towels.’ She’s going round the room inspecting things. ‘And a writing-desk. That’s nice. I had the most awful flight. You should have seen who I had to sit next to.’ (前回の終わりの部分です) I think briefly. ‘Not – an old woman who fell asleep and kept blowing bubbles?’ She stops in her pacing of the room, looking at me quizzically. ‘No. You say the weirdest things sometimes.’ As she talks she goes round to her bed, sits down, pulling off her trousers. ‘No – it was this business-man type, maybe forty. Such a letch. I thought I was going to get groped for sure.’ ‘Did you?’ ‘No. Spineless. I kept the second half of my Coke ready, though, so I could chuck it over him when he did. That’s probably why I’m so dehydrated.’ ****************************************** 主人公のAlexはartistで、展示会に備えるために、幼い頃過ごしたイタリアに戻ってきています。幼なじみのAnnaとAlexがホテルで会話している回想シーンだと思われます) ‘Not – an old woman who fell asleep and kept blowing bubbles?’このセリフはAnnaのことを言っているのでしょうか?寝てしまい、泡を吹き続けている年をとっていない女性??意味が全然わからないのですが。bubbleは泡という名詞なのでしょうか?はしゃぐ、という意味の動詞なのでしょうか? She stops in her pacing of the roomは、部屋を歩き回ることをやめた、みたいなことですか?in her pacingの意味がわかりにくいです。 ‘No – it was this business-man type, maybe forty. Such a letch. I thought I was going to get groped for sure.’このセリフもわからないのですが、Noと言っているのはどういう意味ですか?(これはAnnaのセリフ?)this business-man typeとは?どういうことを言っているのでしょうか? ‘Did you?’とは、I was going to get groped for sureに対しての問いですか? ‘No. Spineless. I kept the second half of my Coke ready, though, so I could chuck it over him when he did. That’s probably why I’m so dehydrated.’の最初に Spineless.と出てきますが、いくじなし、という意味ですか?それからコカコーラの半分を投げることができた?たぶんそれがとても脱水症状になる理由です?全体をまとめるとどういうことを言っているのでしょうか? 会話の部分がとても難しいです。 教えてください。お願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

あるとき私は幼児期をすごした町を通る機会に恵まれた。記憶のなかの光景を 手繰り寄せながら、なんとかそれらしい場所まできたが、自信がない。周囲の町並み は完全に変わってしまっていた。そこに建っていた家はいかにも新しく、30年前から そこにあったものとはとても思えなかった。 One day, I got the opportunity to go through the city where I had lived in my childhood. I arrived at where I felt I had been by remembering the scenes in my memory, but I couldn't make sure the place was where I imaged. The city around it was perfectly changed. I felt the house at the place was new, so I couldn't believe it had been there for 30 years. 大変難しかったです、たくさん間違えていると思います。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 何のことでしょうか

I've been plagued by painful intercourse my whole life. I've tried physical therapy, hormones, creams, you name it. This pain has been instrumental in the breakup of my last two relationships. To top it off, I'm in early menopause at the age of 37, so there is literally nothing happening down there anymore. creamsとdown thereとは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文の添削お願いできますか?アウトプットの練習に

英文の添削お願いできますか?アウトプットの練習に 今日の主人との会話を英語にして見ました。 文法が間違っていたり、もっと良い言い回しがあったらご指摘ください。 him: Hey, I've take a day off tomorrow. (ねぇ、明日休みとれたよ。) me: Oh! I'm glad that you'll take only a day off during G.W. (わぁ!G.Wの一日だけでも休めて良かったね。) him: Right. So, I'll be able to take kids anywhere. (ほんと。だから、子供達をどこかにつれていけるよ。) me: I'm sure they'll be delighted. Throughout G.W. they sometimes shouted ,"I'm boring!!" (きっと喜ぶよ~。G.W中「暇だ~!!」って叫んでたから。)