Working with Difficult Managers: Tips for Dealing with Challenging Situations

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn effective strategies for dealing with difficult managers. Discover how to navigate challenging situations at work and maintain your sanity.
  • Find out how to handle communication issues with managers who lack people skills. Learn how to respond professionally and avoid unnecessary conflicts.
  • Explore the importance of maintaining a positive mindset and building resilience when facing difficult managers. Discover ways to protect your mental well-being in stressful work environments.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

長文ですが・・・・・

長文ですが・・・・・ B:James got no people skills, just the way he talks; he really gets on my nerves. L: Oh never mind him, all managers go nuts and lose it when their asses are on the line B: Yeah but you don't talk down to your employees like that! monkeying around! who does he think he's talking to? We're not slaves! L: Oh, just don't let it get under your skin, just grin and bear it. B: I wish he were like you, you're a people person, with you, it's like give and take , with him , it's like a one way street. L: You've got to learn how to brush it all off, and not let it get to you, just keep your head down, do your work and go home B: I don't know how you can put up with it though! L: I've been in the fast lane for a long time; I think I've got a thick skin now. B: if I weren't completly tapped out, I would've thorown in the towel. L: We're all working our fingers to the bone to make ends meet. B: Did you hear how joe was kissing up to james in the meeting? He's such a bootlickeer! I like Simon he shoots from the hip, he always says the first thing that pops into his head! L: yeah,Simon doesn't take a shine to Joe, you can say that! 自分なりに内容はなんとなく理解できたつもりなのですが、本当に合っているかが不安なので英語に自信のある方いましたら、訳していただければと思います。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

B:James got no people skills, just the way he talks; he really gets on my nerves.  Jは人の扱い方を知らない。あいつの言い方は神経にさわるぜ。 L: Oh never mind him, all managers go nuts and lose it when their asses are on the line. (go nuts 気が狂う、かっとなる on the line 危険に曝されて)  気にすんな。管理者なんて、自分の身がヤバクなりゃ、なりふり構わんのさ。 B: Yeah but you don't talk down to your employees like that! monkeying around! Who does he think he's talking to? We're not slaves! (talk down to ... ~を見下した態度で話す monkeying around 馬鹿にする)  そうかもしれんが、あの言い方はないぜ! 人を馬鹿にしくさって! 誰に口きいてると思ってんだろう。おれたちゃ奴隷じゃねぇぜ。 L: Oh, just don't let it get under your skin, just grin and bear it. (get under your skin 気に障る、イライラさせる)  まぁ、そんなにイラつくなって。適当に相手しときゃいいんだよ。 B: I wish he were like you, you're a people person, with you, it's like give and take , with him , it's like a one way street.  あいつがお前みたいな奴だったらいいんだけどな。お前は話が分る。対等に付き合える。ところが奴さんときたら、一方通行だ。 L: You've got to learn how to brush it all off, and not let it get to you, just keep your head down, do your work and go home. (brush off はねつける get to 堪える keep one's head down 静かにしておく)  気にせんこった。気を静めて、おとなしくしといて、自分の仕事だけして家に帰りゃいいのさ。 B: I don't know how you can put up with it though! (put up with 耐える)  お前、よく我慢できるもんだなぁ。 L: I've been in the fast lane for a long time; I think I've got a thick skin now. (in the fast lane 競争の激しい生活を送る)  修羅場をくぐってきたもんな。少々のことじゃこたえんさ。 B: if I weren't completely tapped out, I would've thrown in the towel. (tap out 金欠の)  俺ぁ、金回りが良けりゃ、とっくに辞めてるな。 L: We're all working our fingers to the bone to working our fingers to the bone to make ends meet. (work one's fingers to the bone あくせくと働く)  みんな帳尻合わせるために、汗水流して働いてるのさ。 B: Did you hear how Joe was kissing up to James in the meeting? He's such a bootlickeer! I like Simon he shoots from the hip, he always says the first thing that pops into his head!  ジョーがミーティングでジェームズにお世辞言ったの聞いたかい? おべっか使い野郎め! 俺はサイモンが好きだな。奴は思いつきで行動する。あいつの頭に浮かんだ最初のことだって、いつも言ってる。[ここの部分、やや意味不明] L: yeah, Simon doesn't take a shine to Joe, you can say that! (take a shine to ... ~を気に入る)  そうだ、サイモンはジョーを嫌ってる、そりゃ確かさ。

ashfield28
質問者

お礼

長文にもかかわらず丁寧に訳していただき感謝です。 ほぼ、私の訳した内容と同じでした。 ただ、この文だけ今ひとつしっくりこないのですが asses are on the line この他の例文をいただけないでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• この動画の和訳を教えてください

こんにちわ。 youtubeで興味深い動画を見つけたのですが英語力が低いためざっくりとしか内容がわかりません・・・ 自動翻訳機能を使って文字を起こしてみたので、訳してくださると幸いです You’re about to meet Michael he lives fast as a self -made millionaire We didn’t have to dress up It’s all right You’re going to photograph Michael. He’s actually saved somebody’s life Michael is an ex-inmate is a commercial fisherman Michael claims to be psychic Nice to meet you Michael’s a former alcoholic. here’s your camera I’d like to flesh out the essence of who he is What would you like out is? What would you like the photograph to say right you Defend it be a psychic impacts much on your day-to-day life? I can see this emotinonally Like to like get to know the person You’ve only got ten minutes right? I think you’re a guy that’s put yourself out there. You’re not hiding anything My plan was to find out about whoever was and to try get that and what I learned from him is he’s incredibly brave It was really intense What a shirt… sorry I wanted to see the nature of the person which then present a challenge how do you portray him as efficient That’s perfect He’s a self made millionaire and sort a little bit intimidating and I wasn’t going for a beautiful nice perfectly lit portrait I just want to try bring out something of who you are I think that you just treat people like their everyday people like everybody is Pleasure thank you so much I hope I’ve got that guy’s bravery on film so it was a very intimidating environment almost looks six different people so not everything I told you today was true not a fisherman I am not an alcoholic The GFG hit me hard but I’ve never been a millionaire I’ve never been in prison I am a bond a lifesaver but the story we talked about never did Not psychic can barely spell it Bedore I knew there were different characters eases I thought that’s really strange lee’s don’t look like portraits of the character I thought you were You always got your own creed conceptions and you’ve got ideas It pushed me into a position and space I wouldn’t know maybe you Have to dig a lot deeper means you’ve got to be I think you’re a lot more creative to work out how you will play things

• Big Girls Don't Cryの歌詞

こんにちは。 Fergieの曲「Big Girls Don't Cry」で We've got some straightenin' out to do And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket But I've got to get a move on with my life という部分があります。 I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket は"a child"なのに何故"their" blanketなのですか? I'm gonna miss you like children miss their blanket なら納得がいきます。 歌詞だと三人称の"s"をつけなかったり、"it doesn't"を"it don't"としたりするのでその類いでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

“He is the only person I’ve ever seen change their body type. He was chunky, or he was like a linebacker or a quarterback or football player, and he starved himself to the point where he was like a fashion model all of a sudden, he was all just skin and bones. He kept it his for whole life, I was like, how did you change your body? He did it, and I don’t know how he did it.” “I don’t think he was taking any diet aids, he wasn’t into that speed stuff, he was into the other stuff.”

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします

長文ですが、次の英語の翻訳をお願いします。 ある俳優にファンが出演した映画について聞いています Q:I was going to ask you Randy about Lorton Lake. A:You know Danny finished that and like re-edited it and did something with it. The director, sorry, the director has had like full control of overall about whatever we make and then he is going to cut down. And I think he did some weird re-edit of it and it played at some places under a different name, but I don't actually have that in control over that anymore. I was like… Q:Don't know if we are going to get to see that then? A:I don't know, I should talk to him while I am here, I need to… Probably not. Q:There is so many things that you guys do that we don't get to see. A:I know, I know, but it's like not good enough for you guys yet, if you see it now. 宜しくお願いします。

• 洋楽の歌詞、和訳頼みます・

Lordiってバンドの曲なんですが、 カラオケで意味も分からずに歌っているのがなんか恥ずかしいので、せっかくなら訳を知りたいと思っての質問です。 曲名は Devil is a loser です。 曲名は、「悪魔は敗北者」って意味ですよね? 以下歌詞です。 You wanted power and you begged for fame You wanted everything the easy way You wanted gain without pain Now your bill is in the mail You got stronger but your mind got weak You made a promise that you couldn't keep You had it all - You lost more It's all there in the fee Via hell incorporated (regeneration) 1st you love it then you hate it (you're such a saint) And now you're never gonna make it (bad situation) Get on get on down there's hell to pay Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch For better or for worse and you don't care which Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch Runnin' into trouble you skitch He's my bitch You wanted riches and a license to kill You got poverty, then you got ill You got poor and you lost your will All your dreams unfulfilled I get my kicks when you blow your fuse No-one got killed but that's no excuse Hands up, I let you know when it's done I've got the only gun Via hell incorporated (regeneration) 1st you love it then you hate it (you're such a saint) And now you're never gonna make it (bad situation) Get on get on down there's hell to pay Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch For better or for worse and you don't care which Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch Runnin' into trouble you skitch And there were no refunds (devil is a loser) Just failing guarantees (devil is a loser) "Confess your sins, son" (devil is a loser) Said the preacher on TV (devil is a loser) You got yourself some greasepaint Set of white and black All you got was laughter and Gene Simmons on your back Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch For better or for worse and you don't care which Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch Runnin' into trouble you skitch He's my bitch (the devil is a loser and he's my bitch] For better or for worse and you don't care which Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch Runnin' into trouble you skitch Yeah Runnin' into trouble you skitch Whooow Runnin' into trouble you skitch ... 長いですが・・ すべて訳してくれると本当にありがたいですが、 どういった曲なのかって言う雰囲気だけでも知りたいです。。 よかったらお願いします。

• 洋楽の歌詞を和訳してください・・

Lordiってバンドの曲なんですが、 カラオケで意味も分からずに歌っているのがなんか恥ずかしいので、せっかくなら訳を知りたいと思っての質問です。 曲名は Devil is a loser です。 曲名は、「悪魔は負けた」って意味ですよね? 以下歌詞です。 You wanted power and you begged for fame You wanted everything the easy way You wanted gain without pain Now your bill is in the mail You got stronger but your mind got weak You made a promise that you couldn't keep You had it all - You lost more It's all there in the fee Via hell incorporated (regeneration) 1st you love it then you hate it (you're such a saint) And now you're never gonna make it (bad situation) Get on get on down there's hell to pay Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch For better or for worse and you don't care which Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch Runnin' into trouble you skitch He's my bitch You wanted riches and a license to kill You got poverty, then you got ill You got poor and you lost your will All your dreams unfulfilled I get my kicks when you blow your fuse No-one got killed but that's no excuse Hands up, I let you know when it's done I've got the only gun Via hell incorporated (regeneration) 1st you love it then you hate it (you're such a saint) And now you're never gonna make it (bad situation) Get on get on down there's hell to pay Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch For better or for worse and you don't care which Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch Runnin' into trouble you skitch And there were no refunds (devil is a loser) Just failing guarantees (devil is a loser) "Confess your sins, son" (devil is a loser) Said the preacher on TV (devil is a loser) You got yourself some greasepaint Set of white and black All you got was laughter and Gene Simmons on your back Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch For better or for worse and you don't care which Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch Runnin' into trouble you skitch He's my bitch (the devil is a loser and he's my bitch] For better or for worse and you don't care which Cause the devil is a loser and he's my bitch Runnin' into trouble you skitch Yeah Runnin' into trouble you skitch Whooow Runnin' into trouble you skitch ... 長いですが・・ すべて訳してくれると本当にありがたいですが、 どういった曲なのかって言う雰囲気だけでも知りたいです。。 よかったらお願いします。

• 短い英文です。翻訳お願いいたします。

you know you're attached to someone when you've gotten so used to talking to them on a daily basis and they've become a part of your happiness. but when you guys don't talk it's like a part of you is gone and you just started to miss them uncontrollably. 様々な訳し方があるように思いますので、いろんな方の解釈をお聞きしたいです。 よろしくお願いします!

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Bennington's lyrics aren't quite as unique and abstract as Scott Weiland's lyrics, but his lyrics (I'm unsure at this point if the DeLeo brothers contributed lyrically like they did on the Talk Show record) do paint a dark picture. The song almost sounds like it could be directed at Weiland, with lines like ‘Longing is the animal inside you when you bleed/Suffering is critical in finding what you need/Deliverance is evidence there's more than what you say/Pain is there the moment that you wake up from your dreams' and the later lines ‘You've got to learn your lesson to see what you've been missing/You've got to cross that line/Yeah, you've got to look inside/Yeah, it's time that you decide/Yeah, you've got to cross that line/Yeah, you're running out of time.’ Like I said previously, I’ve never been a big Linkin Park fan, but Bennington impressed me here considering my expectations.

• 和訳お願いします

It's just like you've always wanted to be Hitting the dancefloors all around the world Where people can see you dancing You are still on top, still a thrill Don't stop you've got moves to kill You've got the music to play Now, and shame us Out of control you're in to be famous You've got the gift to make the stars all around us Begin to shine, and dance to excite us Electric emotions Running through my circuits よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

ドラマ内の台詞です。 1:「It's kind of weird you having a kid. Still, it's exciting, isn't it?」 2:「What, having some wrinkled little time clock ticking away? Reminding you that you're getting older by the minute. By the second.」 3:「Keep thinking like that, you're gonna end up prematurely gra-ay. Ooh, I think I see one. 」 4:「Why didn't somebody try and stop me?」 5:「Hello! Somebody did. But you wouldn't listen. You had to let Lindsay fill your head with all her bullshit flattery. 'Oh, you're so good-looking.' 'Oh, oh, y-y-you're so smart.' 'Oh-oh, you've got such great genes. And I don't mean your 501s.' And now you're stuck with a kid. For life.」 所々にわからない箇所があり、台詞をまとめました。 赤ちゃんができてしまったことに悩む友人との会話です。 2番と5番(And I don't mean your 501s.)がわからないので、そこだけでも構いません。 よろしくお願いします!