Discovering my boyfriend's secret: Hooking Up

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discovering my boyfriend's secret: Hooking Up
  • After finding out my boyfriend's secret activities of contacting other women for dating and hooking up, I decided to stay and work it out, but our relationship is still far from being stable.
  • Understanding the meaning of 'hooking up' and 'raw' in the context of my relationship with my boyfriend.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

hooking up

Next month is the one-year anniversary for my boyfriend and me. Right before Thanksgiving I discovered he was contacting other women, through emails, photos and profiles for dating and hooking up. He said he was reaching out to other women because he wanted to do things he didn't think I'd be into so rather than talk to me about it he outsourced his intimacy. I decided to stay and try to work it out. The last few weeks have been raw and intense. I can see he is trying and feels remorseful, but we are far from out of the woods. ここでのhooking upとrawはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.2

>ここでのhooking upとrawはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒以下のとおりです。 ☆hooking up:「親しくなる、関係を持つ」。  あからさまに言えば、「(デートに誘って、その後で)肉体関係を持つ」という意味でしょう。 ☆raw:「露骨な、生々しい」。  weeksが主語のように見えますが、これを時の副詞句と考えて、「ここ数週間は、露骨で激烈なことがありました」のように訳せると思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• set oneself up for

I recently met a really nice guy and he asked me out. He is dying of cancer and has been given a year to live. I want to go out with him, but am I setting myself up for heartbreak? setting myself up forの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• cut my losses

My boyfriend is a well-educated, successful doctor who does not consider himself a feminist. I am an equally educated and successful woman who feels like I finally met someone who is my match in life. On this one topic, he has painted it as a linguistic distinction rather than a belief about women’s rights—he is South Asian. I know feminist is still a loaded term, and he is very supportive of my career and my ambitions. Over time, unfortunately, some misogynistic attitudes seem to be creeping into our relationship. Although in general he treats me well, he doesn’t seem to respect women as a group and I hear him call other women “crazy bitches” and rant about women’s hormones, etc. He loves to hate on Hillary Clinton for the sheer fact that she is a woman. He is quick to describe my attempts to discuss relationship issues as “drama.” He feels no qualms about going to strip clubs. He also habitually befriends attractive women and flirts with them in front of me and via text—he thinks there is nothing wrong with that as long as he doesn’t sleep with them. Also, when he leads other women on, they are often rude to me, but if I speak up about this, he tends to classify it as my being a hysterical illogical woman. This is all a problem maybe 5 percent of the time, while 95 percent of our interactions are happy. I know he cares about me deeply. He is a very smart and compassionate man and these attitudes do not line up with who he is in most other contexts—it is truly baffling to me and seems to have very little to do with me, personally, but it is hard not to feel upset by it, nonetheless. Would I be out of line to ask him to work on these behaviors, perhaps in the context of couples therapy, or is this the type of situation where I should accept that this is just how he is and cut my losses and run? cut my losses and runはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳お願いします。

(12)“Ahem ! ahem ! ” he said, and everybody listened except the the poor Catherine Wheel, who was still shaking her head, and murmuring, “Romance is dead.” (13)“Order ! order !” cried out a Cracker. He was something of a politician, and had always taken a prominent part in the local elections, so he knew the proper Parliamentary expressions to use. (14)“Quite dead.” whispered the Catherine Wheel, and she went off to sleep. (15)As soon as there was perfect silence, the Rocket coughed a third time and began. He spoke with a very slow, distinct voice, as if he were dictating his memoirs, and always looked over the shoulder of the person to whom he was talking . In fact, he had a most distinguished manner. (16)“How fortunate it is for the King's son,” he remarked, “that he is to be married on the very day on which I am to be let off. Really, if it had been arranged beforehand, it could not have turned out better for him; but Princes are always lucky.” (17)“Dear me !” said the little Squib, “I thought it was quite the other way, and that we were to be let off in the Prince's honour.” (18)“It may be so with you,” he answered; “inded, I have no doubt that it is, but with me it is different. I am a very remarkable Rocket, and come of remarkable parents. My mother was the most celebrated Catherine Wheel of her day, and was renowned for her graceful dancing. When she made her great public appearance she spun round nineteen times before she went out, and each time that she did so she threw into the air seven pink stars.

• lost his way

I thought my husband and I had a great marriage -- until I looked on his phone and found text messages to another woman. I was crushed. I asked him about it, and he said that it was nothing and that there were only a few messages. When I checked our cellphone details, I was completely devastated to find that it had been going on for almost a year and there were almost 2,000 text messages during the past six months. When I talked to him about this and all the lies he had told me, he said he had lost his way and he was sorry and didn't want to lose me. lost his wayはここではどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I'm dating a guy who works out of town and is home every four weeks. "Jake" calls and texts often and says he misses me all the time. Here's what bothers me: Jake always asks me how I feel about him. He says, "Do you even like me?" I think it's because I don't drop everything when he calls like the other women he has dated. drop everythingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

チャップリンの自伝の文章なのですが、日本語訳をお願いします。 I saw Frank Tinney again on the stage a few years later and was shocked, for the comic Muse had left him. He was so self-conscious that I could not believe it was the same man. It was this change in him that gave me the idea years later for my film Limelight. I wanted to know why he had lost his spirit and his assurance. In Limelight the case was age; Calvero grew old and introspective and acquired a feeling of dignity, and this divorced him from all intimacy with the audience.

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I (both late 20s) were friends for years before we began dating and eventually married. We tend to communicate very openly, which is a feature of our dynamic that I cherish; however, there’s a problem. It’s super petty, but it needs to change. When we’re out and about, walking or driving, my husband feels no qualms about pointing out other women who look good. It’s nothing overtly sexual or creepy—more like a stream-of-consciousness, “Wow, that woman had the most incredible eyes” or, in midconversation with me, “she is really beautiful.” Shortly after our marriage, he caught himself doing this around me and asked if it bothered me. I said that it didn’t. But Prudie, it DID. It’s not like this is a constant occurrence, but over three years of marriage, it’s happened enough times that I’ve realized I am irrationally, deeply bothered by it. For all his openness, my husband very seldom makes comment on my physical appearance. When asked, he said that he was afraid of objectifying me or reducing me to my physical qualities. out and aboutは「外出中に」でしょうか?その場合はなぜand aboutが必要なのでしょうか?あと、For all his opennessとreducing me to my physical qualitiesの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

Then he took up the pen. I can still smell the rain and hear it thundering about me, and feel it dripping on my head from the bough hanging above me. He raised his eyes and looked out at the rain. It seemed his eyes rested on me, at my station between the tree and the window. I kept still and close to the tree like a hunted piece of nature, willing myself to be the colour of bark and leaves and rain. Then I realized how much more clearly I could see him than he me, for it was growing dark. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 he=検眼士です。 窓の外から主人公が検眼士の様子を窺っている場面です。 ------------------------------------------ ●It seemed his eyes rested on me, at my station ~・・・ここのmy stationとはどういう意味ですか? ●I kept still and close to the tree like a hunted piece of nature, willing myself to be the colour of bark and leaves and rain.について a hunted piece of natureとはどういう意味ですか? ●Then I realized how much more clearly I could see him than he meについて he meのつながりがわかりません。どう読むのでしょうか? 前文は He did extract one long sheet of paper, and held it up. It was typewritten with a paragraph in handwriting at the bottom on the side visible from the window. He laid it side by side with another sheet of paper which was lying on the desk. I pressed close up to the window, intending to wave and smile if I was seen, and to call out that I was sheltering from the rain which was now coming down in thumps. But he kept his eyes on the two sheets of paper. There were other papers lying about the desk; I could not see what was on them. But I was quite convinced that he had been practising handwriting on them, and that he was in the process of forging his mother's will. となっています。 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

“He is the only person I’ve ever seen change their body type. He was chunky, or he was like a linebacker or a quarterback or football player, and he starved himself to the point where he was like a fashion model all of a sudden, he was all just skin and bones. He kept it his for whole life, I was like, how did you change your body? He did it, and I don’t know how he did it.” “I don’t think he was taking any diet aids, he wasn’t into that speed stuff, he was into the other stuff.”

• 和訳をお願いします。

【1】  At last l was in Japan. l stepped out of the plane into the Narita Airport building for the first time. l was walking towards immigration when 1 saw it. It was the first time in my life. Two Japanese were standing in front of each other bowing, bowing, and bowing. They seemed to bow for even There was something else though - something very shocking. They were saying many things, but I could not understand. For the first time, l was in a country where I could not even guess a single word of the local language. To me, whatever those two people were saying to each other, it just sounded like noise. However, I could pick up one of the sounds very clearly. It was DOMO.  On the way out of the airport, I could hear again and again that same domo l had to find out what it was. Walking right beside me was a French businessman on his second two-day trip to Japan. He looked like an expert on things Japanese. “Well” he said, “my experience has taught me that it means something like thank you." Then he went on explaining:. "Whenever you want to thank anyone for anything and be polite at the same tune. just say ‘domo and it will be all right. And don*t forget. You have to bow every time you say thank you.* On hearing that I said to myself‘Oh, this is a very useful expression. I must remember it”