• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

和訳をお願いします。

【1】  At last l was in Japan. l stepped out of the plane into the Narita Airport building for the first time. l was walking towards immigration when 1 saw it. It was the first time in my life. Two Japanese were standing in front of each other bowing, bowing, and bowing. They seemed to bow for even There was something else though - something very shocking. They were saying many things, but I could not understand. For the first time, l was in a country where I could not even guess a single word of the local language. To me, whatever those two people were saying to each other, it just sounded like noise. However, I could pick up one of the sounds very clearly. It was DOMO.  On the way out of the airport, I could hear again and again that same domo l had to find out what it was. Walking right beside me was a French businessman on his second two-day trip to Japan. He looked like an expert on things Japanese. “Well” he said, “my experience has taught me that it means something like thank you." Then he went on explaining:. "Whenever you want to thank anyone for anything and be polite at the same tune. just say ‘domo and it will be all right. And don*t forget. You have to bow every time you say thank you.* On hearing that I said to myself‘Oh, this is a very useful expression. I must remember it”

noname#133355
noname#133355

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数81
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5903)

ついに私は日本についた。私は飛行機を降りて、成田空港のビルに初めて入った。私がそれを見たのは、私が入管の方へ歩いていた時だった。私の人生でそれは初めてのことだった。二人の日本人が互いに向き合って立って、何度も何度もお辞儀をしていた。彼らは他に何かあってもお辞儀をするようだったーとてもショッキングなことだった。彼らは多くのことを言っていたが、私は理解できなかった。始めて、私は、その土地の言葉を一言も推測できない国にいた。私にとって、その二人の人がお互いに何を話そうと、それは雑音の様に聞こえた。しかし、私はその音の中から一つとてもはっきりと聞きとることができた。それは「どうも」だった。 空港を出る時、私は何度も何度もまたあの「どうも」を聞いた。私は、それは何なのか調べなくてはならなかった。私のすぐ隣を歩いていたのは、日本へ二度目の旅行になるフランス人のビジネスマンだった。彼は、日本のことに関する専門家の様に見えた。「そうだね」と彼は言った「私の経験で知ったんだが、それはありがとうのようなことを意味しているんだよ」 それから、彼は説明を続けた。「誰かに何かについてお礼を言いたい時はいつも、同じ調子で礼儀正しくして、「どうも」と言いさえすれば、それでいいんだ。それから、忘れちゃだめだよ。ありがとうをいうたびにお辞儀をしなくてはいけない。それを聞いた途端、私は、「あぁ、これはとても役に立つ表現だ。覚えておかなくっちゃ」と思った。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

When I arrived at the dormitory, a professor from the university was waiting for me. I wanted to make a good impression So I bowed and said something like "blah blah blah domo blah blah domo domo domo" I took great care to say the domo very clearly. The rest was in a very small and impossible-to-understand voice. Just the sounds. Notice that I said the last domo three times. I wanted to sound very polite. In English it would sound very strange saying thank you, thank you, thank you, so many times, but in Japanese it did not sound bad at all. Anyway, I didn't know what I was saying. The professor looked at me and smiled, "Oh! You speak Japanese very well." I was very happy. Only a few hours in the country and I was already learning the rules of Japanese politeness. Later the same day I met another professor. I bowed and again the same unrecognizable sounds and the dear domes. It worked well. This professor, too, smiled and congratulated me on the perfect Japanese I could speak. The French businessman was right. A bow and a domo, and everybody is happy.

• 和訳をお願いします

3 One of the people from the dormitory broke my tennis racket. He could not speak English very well so he said something like. "Domo, racket no good." He seemed to be very sorry. But he was saying domo― thank you. I got kind of angry! You can imagine. I lend him my racket, he breaks it and comes back saying, Thank you." Very surprising! Anyway, the following day he bought me a new one. The other day I was outside the dormitory waiting for Yoshitaka to pick me up. He was quite late, in fact more than 30 minutes late. Aren't the Japanese usually on time? Perhaps my friend was different. At last he turned up. "Domo, domo. Did you wait long?" He came at me waving his right hand. "These Japanese are really fanny people," I told myself. "He is Late and comes saying, Thank you, thank you.'" I was getting very confused. In this country do you have to say thank you for everything you do? I had already been in the country for four months and I still could not speak Japanese. But I wanted to sound as polite as possible. Therefore, I began to speak very strange sounding English. Here are some examples' 'Thank you, I was late." 'Thank you, he seems to be quite crazy." 'Thank you, this rain doesn't seem to stop." 'Thank you, excuse me." 'Thank you, I thought I saw Mr. Tanaka, but it was another person." "Thank you, he doesn't seem to understand." 'Thank you, it has been a long time since we met." 'Thank you, thank you." Everybody seemed to be very pleased when talking to me. "You am getting to be very Japanese," they used to tell me while uniting. Well, I thought, the English might sound strange to me. However, it, is very close to the way people speak here. So I kept talking l.hat way for quite a while.

• 和訳をお願いします

Many years have passed. Although my Japanese is still far from perfect, I became a professional at domo-ing. I found it to be a very happy expression. Not long ago I was packing my bags to go back home for a vacation. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. My friend James was standing there. He had been in Japan for only one month and was planning to stay another two years. He was carrying a box with him. "Could you please give this little present to my girlfriend when you arrive?' He said 'little " but to me the box looked very big. I took a quick look at my bags. They were really full and very heavy. It was impassible to make anything else fit in. However, I felt kind of rude saying no. Without even thinking almost it, my face changed into an expression of worry. I said, "Sore wa doomo..." James looked at me very surprised and asked, "Why are you thanking me? This is not a present for you." I was too tired to explain anything, so I gave him a copy of this article.

• 和訳お願いします。

During the Kamakura period,the white powder used for makeup was very expensive, and few could afford to use it. 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします!

Alligator, Not Crocodile! John was visiting Japan for the first time. Everything about fascinated him: the people, the culture and especially the language. A friend took him to dine at a restaurant.'How do you say 'Thank you' in Japanese?' John asked. 'Thank you' is 'ARI-GA-TO,' his friend answered. 'To help you remember just think of 'Alligator .' It sounds like 'ARIGATO.' John practiced saying it and seemed quite comfortable with the new word. At the end of the meal, John wanted to express his appreciation to the waiter, but could not remember how to say it. To remind him, his friend used his arms to imitate the reptile opening and closing its jaws. 'Ah!' John remembered...He turned to the waiter and said loudly, 'CROCODILE! CROCODILE!' ジョークの部分も教えて貰えると嬉しいです!

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 Shishmaref is located on a tiny island in the Bering sea. To the east you can see the mainland of Alaska. I arrived in season when there in on night - the time of the midnight sun. I often watched the sun start to set and then rise again. The village had only about two hundred people, and I probably met them all in my first two or three days. The young people spoke English, but the older people used Eskimo all the time. I tried to learn a little of the Eskimo language every day, dut it was very difficult. The first thing I learned to say was, " I'm hungry." Their life was very simple and natural. As you may know, Alaska has many wild animals which the Eskimos hunt. These provide them with meat, oil, and skins for clothing. One day when we went hunting, I saw my first grizzly bear. It was majestic. This was the most vivid experience of my first stay in Shishmaref.

• 和訳お願いいたします。

I didn't run for a very long time because of the cold weather ... so it was very tough, but I'm so happy I ran 10km. Hahaha ... I'm glad your father likes the chocolates. And your mother? Maybe she likes the pancakes more? 1 week ago we had to say goodbye ... it was a very sad moment and made me realize that you mean so much for me. And in house everywhere I look I need to think back when you were here. But in 2 weeks we will be together again and this time for longer time. It will be so nice to see your beautiful smile again ... your beautiful eyes ... it will be so nice to be with you. Thank you for suggesting such a good location. I didn't realize it was so convenient for me. Are you sure it's not too far for you? 1 hour seems to be a long time. I feel a little bit guilty because you will be working and I will be on holiday. I wish I could help you ...

• 和訳おねがいします

After seven months, niy Japanese had not improved. In fact I didn't study the language at nil. Hut I hnd beoomo very good at wiving, 'Thank you." I had also tnado lots of friends. One owning 1 was BtaiuLng with ono of them, Koji, at Shinjuku Station. We were supposed to meet his girlfriend and go drinking. Sho wns a little late We were talking about. women always being late when, suddenly, a young man oame running up without looking. He ran into my friond and knocked poor Koji down to the floor, Koji looked very angry. The man stopped and said, "Domo domo... blah blah." I could not understand the rest but I think it was something like "Thank you, thaak you. I wasn't looking." Koji didn't look angry any more. He stood up and said something in Japanese. The other man bowed two or three times and left. This is a veiy happy country, I thought. Even if someone is very angry, no one ever fights. Just say, "Thank you," and everything is solved. It reminded me of Carnival time in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. There too, everybody is happy. Even if you get angry, the noise and the music make you forget about it very soon. Here in Japan that music seemed to be *Thank you." I explained my ideas about domo to Koji. He could not stop laughing. At last ho said, "There are many different doings. One for each occasion. Indeed, it seldom means thank you." I discovered the great mistake I had been making. The domos I translated as 'Thank you" weren't always tho same domo. Most people must have thought that I was a very atrange person, saying, 'Thank you" whenever I opened my mouth.

• 和訳をお願いします。

Joffre began to dismiss commanders in early August, beginning with the VII Corps commander Bonneau and by 6 September had removed two army, ten corps and 38 divisional commanders, by transferring them to Limoges ("Limogé"). The VII Corps in the south was reinforced by two divisions, a cavalry division and the First Group of Reserve Divisions. The corps was renamed the Army of Alsace, to relieve the First Army of concern about Alsace during the operations in Lorraine. Two corps were removed from the Second Army and became a strategic reserve.Joffre met Sir John French on 16 August and learned that the British could be ready by 24 August, Joffre also arranged for Territorial divisions to cover the area from Maubeuge to Dunkirk. The German siege of the Liège forts ended on 16 August and the 1st and 2nd armies with twelve corps and the 3rd Army with four corps, began to advance behind cavalry screens. On 18 August, Joffre ordered the Fifth Army to prepare for a German offensive on both banks of the Meuse or to meet a small force on the north bank. The Fifth Army began to move towards Namur, in the angle of the Meuse and Sambre rivers on 19 August, which required a march of 100 kilometres (62 mi) by some units.

• 和訳をお願いします。

To add to the misery, for the last ten hours of bombardment, gas shells were added. Zero-Hour had originally been planned for the morning of 8 April (Easter Sunday) but it was postponed 24 hours at the request of the French, despite reasonably good weather in the assault sector. Zero-Day was rescheduled for 9 April with Zero-Hour at 05:30. The assault was preceded by a hurricane bombardment lasting five minutes, following a relatively quiet night. When the time came, it was snowing heavily; Allied troops advancing across no man's land were hindered by large drifts. It was still dark and visibility on the battlefield was very poor. A westerly wind was at the Allied soldiers' backs blowing "a squall of sleet and snow into the faces of the Germans". The combination of the unusual bombardment and poor visibility meant many German troops were caught unawares and taken prisoner, still half-dressed, clambering out of the deep dug-outs of the first two lines of trenches. Others were captured without their boots, trying to escape but stuck in the knee-deep mud of the communication trenches.