When do you turn your cell phone off?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn about the importance of turning off your cell phone and the embarrassment that can result from not doing so.
  • Read about a person's embarrassing experience on a plane when their phone rang loudly because they forgot to turn it off.
  • Discover why it is important to be mindful of turning off your cell phone in certain situations to avoid disruption and embarrassment.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の和訳をお願いします

When do you turn your cell phone off? Now I am more careful about it, but my phone was always on until I (have) an embarrassing experience last summer. I went on a vacation with my friends.  It was just my (two) time on a plane, and I was so(exciting). We got to our seats and waited for takeoff.  The flight attendants came through the aisles, making sure no one was using their phones or other electronics.  The pilot said we were ready to take off.  The plane was quiet and everyone was settling in when all of a sudden someone's phone rang. It was so (loudly).  I felt upset because I knew cell phone users were supposed to turn their phones off at that moment.  Then I heard the second ring.  It was then that I realized the ringing was coming from my bag. It was my phone! I went into a panic, and it took me a minute to find and stop the ringing. Everyone looked at me, and I felt small. I slept for the rest of the flight. Since then, I have been more (care) with my cell phone. カッコ内は文法的に正しい形じゃありません。お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

When do you turn your cell phone off? いつ携帯の電源を切ったの? (携帯の電源は切った?) Now I am more careful about it, but my phone was always on until I (had) an embarrassing experience last summer. 今は電源のことは結構注意してるけど、去年の夏に恥ずかしい経験をするまではずっと携帯の電源は付けてたわ。 I went on a vacation with my friends.? 友達と休暇をとったとき、 It was just my (second) time on a plane, and I was so(excited). We got to our seats and waited for takeoff.? 私はまだ二回しか飛行機に乗ったことがなくて、とてもわくわくしていたの。 席に座って離陸するのをまっていたわ。 The flight attendants came through the aisles, making sure no one was using their phones or other electronics.? 通路側にCAが携帯とか電子機器とかを使っていないか確認しに来たの。 The pilot said we were ready to take off.? パイロットが離陸準備完了のアナウンスをしたわ。 The plane was quiet and everyone was settling in when all of a sudden someone's phone rang. 機内は静かで、皆が座っていたときに、突然、誰かの携帯が鳴ったの。 It was so (loud).? とってもうるさかったわ。 I felt upset because I knew cell phone users were supposed to turn their phones off at that moment.? 私は、携帯を持っている人は電源を切らなきゃいけないって知ってたから、その時は怒ってたの。 Then I heard the second ring.? そしたら、二回目の呼び出し音が鳴ったの。 It was then that I realized the ringing was coming from my bag. その時、私はその呼び出し音がわたしの鞄からだって気付いたわ。 It was my phone!  私の携帯だったのよ! I went into a panic, and it took me a minute to find and stop the ringing. もうパニックになっちゃって、携帯を見つけて音を止めるのに数分かかっちゃったわよ。  Everyone looked at me, and I felt small. 皆が私を見ていて、小さくなったわ。  I slept for the rest of the flight.  残りのフライトではずっと寝てたわ。 Since then, I have been more (careful) with my cell phone. その時から私は、携帯にもっと注意を払うようになったのよ。 &#160は気にしないでください( ´ ・ω・ ` )

Higuhigu1234
質問者

お礼

訳だけでなくカッコ内の単語まで正して頂いてありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

どんなときに携帯電話の電源を切りますか。 いまのわたしは人一倍気をつけていますが、この前の夏に恥ずかしい目に遭うまではいつも電源を入れっぱなしでした。 あれは友人たちと旅行に行ったときのことです。 飛行機に乗るのはまだ二度目だったので、わたしはとてもはしゃいだ気分でした。 席に着いて離陸を待っていました。 客室乗務員たちが通路を歩きながら、携帯電話や電子機器を使用中の乗客がいないことを確かめていました。 離陸の準備ができたと機長がアナウンスしました。 機内が静まりかえり、乗客はみなおとなしくていましたが、そのとき突然、だれかの携帯電話のベルが鳴りました。 ものすごく大きな音でした。 離陸時には携帯電話の電源を切っておく決まりだったので、わたしはびっくりしました。 ほどなく、またしてもベルが鳴りました。 そのときになって、ベルの音がわたしの鞄の中から聞こえてくることに気づきました。 鳴っているのは、わたしの電話だ! 動揺したわたしは、携帯電話を見つけて停めるまで一分かかりました。みなの視線が集まり、わたしは小さくなった気分になりました。そのあと搭乗中はずっと寝ていました。あれ以来、携帯電話にはいっそう注意するようになりました。

Higuhigu1234
質問者

お礼

大変わかりやすい訳で助かりました。ありがとうございます。

noname#176147
noname#176147
回答No.2

携帯の電源いつ切る? 今はすごく気をつけているが、去年の夏とんでもなく恥ずかしい経験をするまではいつもONだった。 友達とホリデーに出かけたときのこと。 飛行機に乗るのは2度目でとても興奮していた。 席について離陸をまった。 乗務員が、携帯やPCの電源を切ってくれるよう各席を確認して回った。 操縦士は、離陸体勢に入ると言った。 機内は静かで乗客も皆落ち着いていた。そのとき誰かの携帯がやかましい音で突然なった。 この時点で携帯の電源を切ってない誰かに私は非常に腹が立った。 二度目の呼び鈴が鳴った時、音が自分のかばんの中から聞こえると気づいた。 自分の電話だ! 私はパニックになり、携帯を探して止めるのに1分かかった。皆私をみていたし私は小さくなった。 残りのフライトは寝て過ごした。それ以来、携帯にはとても気をつけている。 適当に想像して訳しましたがI felt smallは日本人の言う「小さくなる」と意味が同じかどうかは不明です。

Higuhigu1234
質問者

お礼

とても参考になりました。回答して頂きありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I tried again. I put out my foot and made a wild jerking stab with the chalk which produced a very crooked line and nothing more. Mother held the slate steady for me."Try again, Chris," she whispered in my ear. "Again." I did. I stiffened my body and put my left foot out again, for the third time. I drew one side of the letter. I drew half the other side. Then the stick of chalk broke end I was left with a stump. I wanted to fling it away and give up. Then I felt my mother's hand on my shoulder. I tried once more. Out went my foot. I shook, I sweated and strained my muscle. But-I drew it-the letter "A". There it was on the floor before me. Shaky, with awkward, wobbly sides and a very uneven center line. But it was the letter "A." I looked up. I saw my mothers face for a moment, tears on her cheeks. Then my father stooped and hoisted me onto his shoulder. That one letter, scrawled on the floor with a broken bit of yellow chalk gripped between my toes, was my road to a new world, my key to mental freedom.

• ざっくりと和訳をお願いします

I purchased the razor to be used as a regular shaver, and if it was offered as a collectible rather than a shaver, then it would be my mistake and will keep it.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします The worker called the doctor and then found Emily's owner. An airline company heard about this story in the news and gave Emily a free plane tickct back to the United States. Can you believe it? Emily flew home in business class! On the flight home, Emily was served a nice salmon dinner from the menu,but she wouldn't eat it. She chose French cat food instead.

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 I arrived at Shishmaref in the summer of 1971 aboard mail plane. I was nineteen. As the plane landed, the villagers gathered from all around. Crowds of children came running up. Opening the door of the plane, I smelled the sea. Before I had time to find my host , he was by my side with a great smile on his face. "Michio?" "Yes, yes!" We shook hands, and in my broken English I managed to thank him for answering my letter. He wore glasses and, when he smiled, his whole face lit up. He had very friendly eyes. The Eskimos lived far from Japan, but their faces were like my own. I already knew that they would be, but it was a surprise to see them all the same.

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m4

Realizing the situation was getting worse, Roberto made up his mind tocarry those things to Managua himself. Many of his friends were against it. It was New Year's Eve, and they told Roberto that it was dangerous to Managua now. The only plane available was a very old one. Roberto, however, did not hesitate to take the risk. It was necessary for him to go. "Those people are my friends. What I can do is to be with them tonight," said Roberto. "And Julio is waiting for me to come. I need to see if is all right. Beside, many babies are dying over there; they need these supplies." A little after 9 p.m., the plane carrying Roberto and four other men took off Managua. Shortly after takeoff, the plane crashed into the Atlantic. There were no survivors. Roberto's body was never found.

• 英語:和訳

英語のワークをしていたんですが、どうしても和訳が上手くいかないところが またでてきたので相談しにきました( ;´Д`) itを含む構文らしいんです;; 教えてほしいです。お願いします(><;) (1)I'm sure you'll find it better to use this new cell phone than to use that old one. (2)The stars in the sky are so far away that they look tiny. It takes their light thousands of years to reach us on the earth. (3)It was not the lack of money that bothered him most, but the loss of pride a man suffers when he cannot find a job.

• 和訳お願いします。

When I was quite young, my family had one of the first telephones in our neighborhood. I remember well the wooden case fastened to the wall on the stair landing. The receiver hung on the side of the box.I even remember the number - 105. I was too little to reach the telephone, but used to listen eagerly when my mothe talked to it. Once she lifted me up to speak to my fathe, who was away on business. Magic! Then I discovered that somewhere inside that wonderful device lived an amazing person - her name was "Information Please" and there was nothing she did not know. My mother could ask her for anybody's number; when our clock ran down, Information Please immediately supplied the correct time. My first personal experience with this woman-in-the-receiver came one day while my mother was visiting a neighbor. Amusing myself with a hammer, I hit my finger. The pain was terrible, but there didn't seem to be much use crying because there was no one home to hear me. I walked around the house sucking my finger, finally arriving at the landing.The telephone! Quickly I ran for the footstool and took it to the landing. Climbing up, I took the receiver and held it to my ear. "Information Please," I said into the mouthpiece just above my head. A click or two, and a small, clear voice spoke into my ear. "Information." "I hurt my fingerrrrr - " I cried into the phone. The tears began runnninng down, now that I had an audiencce. "Isn't your mother home?" came the question. "Nobody's home but me," I said. "Are you bleeding?" "No," I replied. "I hit it with the hammer and it hurts." "Can you openn you icebox?" she asked. I said I could. "Then break off a little piece of ice and hold it on your finger. That will stop the hurt. Be careful when you use the ice pick," she warned. "And don't cry. Your'll be right."

• ざっと和訳をお願いします。

I did not read the auction closely and just realized the blade has a crack in it. Because it was my fault, I have no problem paying for the razor, but would prefer not to waste the money to have it shipped to me. Can you send a new invoice without shipping and then dispose of the razor?

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I paid for my purchases and was rearranging things in my purse when the little boy came up to the cashier. The cashier rang up his purchases and then said, "Congratulations, you are my hundredth customer today, and you win a prize!"With that, she handed the little boy the Pokemon game, and he could only stare in disbelief. It was, he said, exactly what he had wanted!  The little girl and her father had been standing at the doorway during all of this, and I saw the biggest, prettiest, toothless grin on that little girl that I have ever seen in my life.    As I walked back to my car in amazement over what I had just witnessed, I heard the father ask his daughter why she had done that."Daddy, didn't Grandma and Grandpa want me to buy something that would make me happy?"He said, "Of course they did, honey."the little girl replied, "Well, I just did!"

• 英語上級者の方和訳をお願いできないでしょうか?

One Day Last Year One day last year, when I was driving back to work after I'd had lunch, I had an amazing and unforgettable experience. It must have been two o'clock, or perhaps a quarter of an hour later - a quarter past two. It was an incredible thing really. I was sitting there, at the steering wheel of my new car, waiting for the lights to change, when all of a sudden the car started to shake this way and that, rocking from side to side, throwing me backwards and forwards, up and down. I felt as if I was riding a bucking horse. Worse than that, some mysterious spirit or hostile force seemed to be venting its vast fury upon the earth. And the noise! There was a kind of deep groaning and horrible awesome grinding which seemed to fill the air. And then, a short while after, the whole paroxysm had stopped, just as suddenly. Everything was calm and smooth again, quiet and peaceful once more. I put my foot down, just a gentle pressure on the accelerator - or the gas pedal as it's known in America - and drove off. Everything was utterly normal once more. So then: was this some very local and momentary earth-tremor which had struck us, or, I asked myself, was it a supernatural visitation, some fiery storm of diabolical wrath? Or was it, rather, merely that I'd drunk a double vodka or two during my lunch? ご多忙な中とは思いますが、何卒宜しくお願いします。