• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

よろしくお願いします

My wife is entering her second trimester with our second child. I was caught off-guard the other day when she casually mentioned that she will ask her friend to be in the operating room for her C-section. Admittedly, I was not much help the first go-around. My wife was not treated right leading up to her emergency C-section. the first go-aroundはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、My wife was not treated right leading up to her emergency C-section.の和訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数38
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2666/3935)

"the first go-around" 「一度目の(出産の)とき」 My wife was not treated right leading up to her emergency C-section. 私の妻が緊急帝王切開の準備をしている間、(私は)彼女に適切な対応を差し伸べることができなかった。 [注] C-section とは Caesarean section、即ち帝王切開のことです。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳で困っています。

日本語訳がわかりません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)My mom says it felt as though someone tapped her on the shoulder, but when she turned around no one was there. (2)It was then that she noticed I wasn't in sight. (3)She saw me in the pool, kicking and waving my arms in the air, trying to keep my head above the water. (4)She held me in her arms and thanked God that I was all right.

• The cancer was missed

My sister has been diagnosed with terminal cancer—at 44, with children. This came out of the blue. She has not had previous cancer. The cancer was missed, her doctor was supercilious, her boyfriend finally took her in to the emergency room for pain after he became fed up. The cancer was missedとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 仮定法の疑問(難)

英語の質問 1He treated her like a baby. He treated her as if 1 2 a baby. この1、2に入るものを考えよとあるんですが、疑問を抱きました。 まず書き換えとして、He treated her like a baby. ↓ He treated her as if she was a baby ↓(直接法なのか仮定法なのか判断) He treated her as if she had been a baby という手順で書き換えられるのかなあと思ったんですが、 違いました。 ですが解答してもらったら 正解は(正答は)何なんでしょうか?? 「was」だと私は思うんですが・・・・ He treated her like a baby. ↓ He treated her as if she is a baby ↓(直接法なのか仮定法なのか判断) He treated her as if she was a baby ではないのでしょうか? という回答をいただきました。 疑問です。 (1)like a baby をまず書き換えてみた時点で、isはおかしくないですか?? 扱ったのは過去なので彼女が赤ちゃんであるの時制が一致してないとまずいと思いませんか?? (2)仮定法なのか判断して、仮定法過去になったとすると、主節で扱ったとあるので、仮定法過去は現在の話をするのでそれより 後に赤ちゃんであるでは時制的におかしくないですか?? 教えて下さい

• not only was she(he)~

以前から、ちょこちょこと、例)Not only was she an African-American womanという文法を見かけていて文法は理解できるのですが、訳すときの微妙なニュアンスの違いが気になります。 not only she was the first woman to run the presidencyという文と、 Not only was she the first woman to run for the presidencyだと、 訳すときにどういったニュアンスの違いがあるのか教えてください。

• こんな細かい質問答えてくれる方いますか??

1He treated her like a baby. He treated her as if 1 2 a baby. この1、2に入るものを考えよとあるんですが、疑問を抱きました。 まず書き換えとして、He treated her like a baby.               ↓           He treated her as if she was a baby  ↓(直接法なのか仮定法なのか判断)           He treated her as if she had been a baby という手順で書き換えられるのかなあと思ったんですが、 違いました。  疑問 (1)likeの部分を書き換える時に、wasじゃなくてisだろと言われたんですが、過去の話をしているのに、isはおかしいですよね?? (2)なぜhad beenではいけないんですか?? 以上2点教えて下さい

• 英語が得意な方に質問

1He treated her like a baby. He treated her as if 1 2 a baby. この1、2に入るものを考えよとあるんですが、疑問を抱きました。 まず書き換えとして、He treated her like a baby.               ↓           He treated her as if she was a baby  ↓(直接法なのか仮定法なのか判断)           He treated her as if she had been a baby という手順で書き換えられるのかなあと思ったんですが、 違いました。  疑問 (1)likeの部分を書き換える時に、wasじゃなくてisだろと言われたんですが、過去の話をしているのに、isはおかしいですよね?? (2)なぜhad beenではいけないんですか?? 以上2点教えて下さい

• sexual overtures

Years ago, while my wife and I were separated, I foolishly slept with “Molly,” who became pregnant with my daughter “Ally.” I reconciled with my wife, and ultimately we won custody of Ally when she was 9, after Molly went through a series of boyfriends and made repeated sexual overtures toward me. My wife has been incredible, but Molly’s influence has been strong. After completing her court-ordered therapy, Molly filed for custody when Ally was 13, and two years later Ally went to live with her permanently. Ally went from respectful and sweet to insubordinate and cruel. Finally, she used racial epithets against my wife and stepdaughters, and I threw her out of the house. She did the same thing when my wife and I came to her high school graduation. Molly looked so proud of her. Ally is now 21. I haven’t spoken to her beyond a phone call on Christmas and her birthday unless she needs money. My wife openly grieves for the little girl that we lost, and my stepdaughters refuse to acknowledge Ally. made repeated sexual overturesとfiled for custodyの意味を教えてください。あと、ここでのacknowledgeの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします。。。

However, the second starting over was more difficult than the first. In the USSA races that followed, I finished mostly at the bottom. A girl who had finished second to last told her friend that she had finished last. She said,“There was Diana behind me all right, but she doesn't count.”I couldn't laugh this time. 長めですがよろしくお願いします

• 日記風に、語りかけるように書きました。私の気持ちは通じますか?

19年間一緒だった、猫のタマが死んでしまいました。気持ちを英語で書いてみました。添削をお願いしたいのです。 Hi, my Crystal! I did not come here for a long time. Do you get angry? Crystal, please listen to my story. I didn't remember, but did I talk about my Tama? Tama was a female cat. Her body was white like a snow. And her long tail and nose was black. Could you image her? She was very cute and liked to take a nap in my lap. Last Sunday, Tama passed away. At that time all of my family was around her. I was sad, because I could not do anything for her. We only kept watching her. She was 19 years old. If she was a human, she was over 100 years old. Last night, when we ate a dinner I felt something different. It was air, color, voice, degree or…….I could not explain my feeling. I buried her in my garden. Now there are a lot of flowers blooming there. I want to plant many flowers in all seasons. Tama! You will be in our heart forever! Crystal, I wanted you to see Tama. If I have a chance, I will send you a picture of Tama. Now it is 11:30pm. I have to say to you "Good night, my Crystal"

• strained

Many years ago, I was in the U.S. military. I was sent to Southeast Asia and served three six-month tours. On my last tour, I suspected my wife had an affair, but I had no proof. While I was in training for a job after I was released from active duty, I heard that my wife had spent the night with one of the men from the base. I confronted her, but she lied to me; her good friend eventually told me the truth. I believe she was faithful to me after that for maybe 15 years. But our relationship was strained. strainedは辞書にそれらしい意味がなかったのですが、どのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします