The Cancer Was Missed

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the Meaning of 'The Cancer Was Missed'
  • Understand How 'The Cancer Was Missed' Relates to a Personal Story
  • Learn Important Lessons from the Story of 'The Cancer Was Missed'
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

The cancer was missed

My sister has been diagnosed with terminal cancer—at 44, with children. This came out of the blue. She has not had previous cancer. The cancer was missed, her doctor was supercilious, her boyfriend finally took her in to the emergency room for pain after he became fed up. The cancer was missedとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4073/5300)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。  他動詞の意味の受け身ですから、直訳すれば「ガンから逃げられた」秋の他動詞の8ぐらいになります。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=miss

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.3

The cancer was missed 「その癌は見落とされた」 「私の姉(妹)は末期癌と診断された。44歳で子供がいます。”あざ”が癌だったのだ。彼女はそれ以前に癌になったことは無かった。癌は見落とされたのだ。彼女の医者は横柄な態度で、拉致があかず、彼女のボーイフレンドはな彼女が苦痛を訴えるので緊急治療室に連れて行った。」 もとの英文がきちんと順序立てて書いていないのですが、恐らく、あざのようなものができて痛みがあり医者に見てもらってもろくな検査もせず横柄な態度。やむを得ず緊急治療室に連れて行った。その時点ではまだ癌とわかっていなかったのだと思います。その後スキャンして癌だとわかったと言うことでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

The cancer was missedとはどのような意味でしょうか?  ガンは避けられた、すなわち、医者の言い方は、ガンを擬人化して、(彼女があまりに健康で、猛進してきたので)ガンの方が恐れをなして避けた、という意味だと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• She was seen going…の英文

She was seen going into the theater with her boyfriend. という英文で、SVOdoingの受動態の形となっているのですが、Oは省略されているのですか? Oの部分が何なのかわかりません。教えてください!!

• 訳と文章の構成を教えてください。

After my sister found out her boyfriend was seeing another girl, she fell out of love with him.この訳ですが、「彼女のボーイフレンドがもう一人の少女に会っていることを私の姉妹が知った後、彼女は彼が好きでなくなった。」という訳であっているのでしょうか?この場合のwas seeingとは、進行形なのでしょうか?また、主語はどこまでなのでしょうか?どこが述語となるのでしょうか?どうして、Afterとfound outがこの位置にあるのかわかりません。教えていただければと思います。

• The authorities

I’m really worried about my friend “Laura.” Laura grew up in a conservative community and married at 18. Her husband was a family friend, and she didn’t date anybody but him. After their marriage, she went to college, had two kids, and has now divorced her husband. She has broken away from her family because she says they judge her and she is intent on living her own life. I’d be good with that if it weren’t for the fact that she thinks living her own life is doing whatever she wants regardless of the consequences. Laura goes out to bars three to four nights a week. She would leave her kids (both under age 10) home alone. The authorities were called numerous times, and now her ex-husband has custody. The authoritiesとは具体的には何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この英文問題について教えてください

She was seen () into the theater with her boyfriend (1)go (2)going (3)gone (4)went この問題の間違いの選択肢がなぜ違うのか分かりません!教えてもらえると嬉しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

The young woman's injuries were serious - third-degree burns over 35% of her body. It took 27 months for her to recover. Unfortunately, the burns on her legs damaged the muscles so severely that she could never perform again.  The physical recovery did not mark the end of the healing process. The psychological damage was much deeper and more painful than the terrible burns. Yet this young woman found the courage and strength to cope with the disappointments from the accident. In the hospital, she saw other people who had injuries worse than hers. She leaned that talking about one's problems relieves some of the pain. Most important of all, she leaned that she was not alone, That knowledge enabled her to go on with her life-a new kind of life but one that she has filled with new meaning and new joy.  The story of how this young ballerina coped with disappointments inspires me whenever I feel " down in the dumps." It is the story of my sister Teena.

• 動詞が3個ある文章の訳し方?

The girl whom you thought was my sister is her friend. 個の文章の訳は、 あなたが考えた少女は私の姉妹が彼女の友人であるということでした。 でよいのでしょうか?

• このthatは?構文が分かりません、、、

医療分野の英文に挑戦しているのですが、この一文のために完全にストップしてしまっています。 どなたか、この文の構文を教えて下さい: Resent research has shown that up to 85% of patients with AIDS related pain are undertreated, a prevalence twice that for undertreatment of cancer pain, and similar to that observed in cancer patients ten or twenty years ago. 構文自体が分からないのですが、that が何を表して(指示して)いるの、あるいはどのような機能があるのか、が分かっていません。直感的には、この that は pain なのかな、あるいは undertreatment(治療を受けていないこと)なのかな、とも思うのですが、お手上げ状態です。 どなかた、構文と文意をお教えください。

• out of touch

I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I out of touch? ここでのout of touchはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にそれらしき意味がないのですが・・よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My sister is dying; at the most she may survive until next Christmas. She has a 3-month-old daughter and has been raising her boyfriend’s 6-year-old son. The boyfriend is now in prison for at least the next decade. This little boy has no one but us right now. My parents are elderly, my brothers are unable to take on any of this yet, so it falls to me. it falls to meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 『The Lovebirds』2

Eleanor Farjeonの『The Lovebirds』という短編からの質問です。 The cat turned away as though it was thinking of something else, and Susan put her hand down to the lovebird, and the lovebird hopped on to her finger. Now to have a lovebird sitting on your finger is as lovely a thing as anyone can wish for on a summer day; it was the loveliest thing that had happened to Susan Brown in all her life. But that wasn't all; for just as they got to the cage-door the lovebird stretched out its beak, and picked a rose-pink fortune from the packet, and gave it to Susan. She couldn't believe it was true, but it was. She put the lovebird in the cage, and went back to her corner with her fortune in her hand. ************************* it was the loveliest thing that had happened to Susan Brown in all her life. But that wasn't allについて、 it was the loveliest thing that~のthatは関係代名詞ですか? it=to have a lovebird sitting on your fingerですか? that wasn't allはit wasn't allにはできないのでしょうか? 教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。