Finding Solace in Community: My Journey with Mental Health

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Whenever I experience a dip in my mental health, I find solace in returning to my country and being surrounded by my community. As a proud Ngarabal and Cannemegal woman from the Darug and Kamilaroi nations, being around elders and community has always been my refuge during tough times.
  • The phrase 'that when' in the sentence 'that has always been something that when I am feeling not so good that I go to' implies that the speaker initially intended to say 'that I go to' but inserted 'when I am feeling not so good' midway. This reveals the speaker's habit of seeking solace in their community when they are not feeling well.
  • The phrase 'something that I go to' refers to the speaker's refuge or source of comfort. In this context, it signifies their community and the support they find there.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 Almost every time that I've gone through a dip in my mental health I have gone back to my country and surrounded myself with mob. So I'm a proud Ngarabal and Cannemegal woman from the Darug and Kamilaroi nations. When I was 13, 14, when I was having a dip in my mental health, being around elders, being around community, that has always been something that when I am feeling not so good that I go to. この文章は発話文です。 1. that has always been something that when I am feeling not so good that I go to. that when となっていますが、 これは、話者がthat を発した時には that I go toを言おうとしたけれど、 when I am feeling not so good を途中で挿入しようと思ったためにthat when という並びになっているという理解で合っているのか自信がないです。 2. something that I go to.というのは、 「わたしがいたるもの」という理解で合っているのか分からないです。 go to と来たら場所!と感じるのですが、 something がgo to に来る場合の解釈が分からないです。 解説宜しくお願いします

noname#252302
noname#252302
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9717/12085)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >Almost every time that I've gone through a dip in my mental health I have gone back to my country and surrounded myself with mob. So I'm a proud Ngarabal and Cannemegal woman from the Darug and Kamilaroi nations. When I was 13, 14, when I was having a dip in my mental health, being around elders, being around community, that has always been something that when I am feeling not so good that I go to. >1. that has always been something that when I am feeling not so good that I go to. that when となっていますが、これは、話者がthat を発した時には that I go toを言おうとしたけれど、 when I am feeling not so good を途中で挿入しようと思ったためにthat when という並びになっているという理解で合っているのか自信がないです。 ⇒そうですね。仰せのとおりだと思います。談話体ですからね。…something that, when I am feeling not so good, that I go to.とカンマを入れれば、挿入の様をより一層明示できるかもしれませんね。 >2. something that I go to.というのは、 「わたしがいたるもの」という理解で合っているのか分からないです。 go to と来たら場所!と感じるのですが、 something がgo to に来る場合の解釈が分からないです。 ⇒おそらく、この場合の somethingは人や会話や雰囲気などをないまぜにしたものを指しているものと想像されます。ですから、something that I go to.というのは、「わたしがいたるもの」という理解で間違いはないと思いますが、意訳する際には、「私が寄り付く/連(つる)むもの」くらいの感覚でいかがでしょう。 ちなみに、全訳は、あまりうまくありませんが、こんな感じでしょうか。 「私は精神的に落ち込むと、ほとんど毎回、自分の国に戻って民衆に取り囲まれていたものです。そんなわけで、私はダルグ族とカミラロイ族に属する、誇り高きンガラバルとカネメガルの女性です。13、14歳の頃、精神的に落ち込んだとき、年長者の周りや地域共同に寄っていましたが、気分が優れないときに私の連むのがいつもそういうものでした。」

noname#252302
質問者

お礼

分かりやすく解説してくださりありがとうございました。そのためしっかり理解することができました。いつも分かりやすい回答を作って下さりありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• どれが正しいですか?

僕はあの店で母にあげる物を何か買うつもりだ。 1.I / am going to buy / something to give to my mother / for her / at that store. 2.I / am going to buy / something to give my mother / for her / at that store. 3.I / am going to buy / my mother something to give / for her /at that store. 4.I / am going to buy / something to give / for my mother / at that store. 5.I / am going to buy / something to give / to my mother / at that store. 6.I / am going to buy / something to give to my mother / at that store. どれが正しいですか?

• 文章解釈

以下の発話文章に関する質問です。 And if you're feeling lost, *which I think for a lot of Indigenous youth *that can be a big part of struggles with mental health, feeling lost, being able to go back to a community and learn the old ways is important, because you've got to know where you've been to know where you're going. 添付ファイルリンクの音声26:25辺りで該当文章を話者が発します。 https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/allinthemind/teenagers-in-coronavirus-pandemic-mental-health/13410418 1. whichとthat は両方とも feeling lostを先行詞とした関係代名詞であるという理解で合っているのか自信がないです。 最初のwhich で関係代名詞として事足りるけれども、なぜか話者はthatを使ったという理解で合っているのか自信がないです。 2. because you've got to know where you've been to know where you're going.の部分は 「どこにあなたが向かうか知るためには、どこにあなたがいたか知らなければならないから。」という理解で合っているのか自信がないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 話法の書き換え問題です

I expressed my surprise at him not going out there. I said, "I am ( ) that ( )( )not go out there. に書き換えの問題で、解答には I said, " I am (surprised) that (he)(did) not go there. とあります。 なぜdoes ではなく、did となるのでしょうか? did となるためには I expressed my surpris at him bot having gone out there. と完了動名詞になる必要があるのではないですか?お教えください!

• 不定詞のto

I am going to buy something to give to my brother at that store. 上記の文の「to give to my brother」の部分を「to give my brother」のように to を取ることはできませんか? I am going to buy something to give to my brother at that store.  ↓ I am going to buy something to give my brother at that store. something がgiveの目的語の働きをしているので、give something to my brother / give my brother somethingと考えて両方大丈夫だと思ったのですが。どうですか? よろしくお願いします

• この文章どうでしょうか?

日本に来ていたイギリス人に連絡がとりたく、彼の働いている職場(飲食店)の アドレスにメールをしました。職場宛でしたので失礼がないように、ひとまず 英語が達者な知り合いに翻訳してもらい無事返事が届きました。 今回からは自分でちゃんと本人宛の連絡先に返信しようと書いてみました。 いろいろ調べたりで、いいまわしがバラバラかもしれませんが、 すごく失礼な印象にならない程度なら実力のまま伝えたいです。 どうでしょうか? Hi ○○○, Thank you for your reply. I am sorry that i send e-mail to your business address. My English is poor,If i say something rude to you, please forgive me. So, past mail is my friend writing. Yes, we met in ○○○. I saw your restaurant website with you. I was so happy to meet you. I want to get to know you better. Do you think we can be good friend? I will do my best to improve my English.

• 翻訳お願いします

たびたびすみません。 翻訳お願いいたします。 Ah.... Actually it is 3:30AM here in England I Should be sleeping, but I do not feel tired at the moment haha :) Only 10 Days? Wow, that seems rather short That sounds like a good plan I am sure that you will have a good time Well, I do not have many plans for the holiday this time Usually at this time I would usually spend more time with my family But next year I will have many big plans One of my plans is to go to Japan! :D Maybe I will go to Osaka or Kyoto, Do you know any interesting places to visit in this area?? Yes, I would like to, but..... I can not right now My Japanese is not that good So i cannot make mail or sentance that well in Japanese Sorry, But someday I want too By the way.... I am wondering.... Do you understand my English??

• ホームステイ先へのメール

今からカナダのホームステイ先へメールを送ろうと思うのですがこれでいいでしょうか。 意見・修正・書いたほうがいいことなどあればお願いします。 How do you do? My name is ○○○. I am a Japanese sutudent. Thank you for offering me your house. It's my first time to go abroad.and I am not good at speaking English. so I am nervous but excited. Please pardon me when I can't hear your English.But I want to learn English and make an effort. When I go to Canada,I want to get some different point of view. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely,

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 There's such a difference between when I was a teenager and got to go home and maybe call a friend for 30 minutes, as opposed to *being on and making sure you're not missing any of those social connections because the social connections keep going, even when they are not at school, and there is definitely that fear of missing out *that's there. being onとthat’s there の意味が理解できないです。 being onについてはまったく理解する手がかりがないです。 that’s there については、 miss out の目的語thatと、関係代名詞の省略、is thereが後に続いている、という理解で合っているのか自信が無いです。 解説宜しくお願いします

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 And by the time that I finally did have that conversation with my parents, I remember being so shameful, I felt embarrassed, like I was a burden. I remember I didn't want my mum to look at me when I told her. It wasn't until my mum was able to I guess reassure me and tell me everything would be okay and give me a hug. It wasn't until my mum was able to I guess reassure me and tell me everything would be okay and give me a hug.の理解が難しいです。 I guess が挿入されていて、 It wasn't until my mum was able to (I guess)reassure me and tell me everything would be okay and give me a hug. の形であると分かるのですが、 it wasn’t until…をここでどのように理解すれば良いのか分からないです。itはここではなんなのでしょうか? 漠然とした状況のitかな?と考えましたが自信がないです。 「当時は、わたしのお母さんが、わたしを安心させてくれたり、大丈夫だからねと言ってくれたり、ハグしてくれたりできるところまでではなかったように思います。」

• ニュアンスが分かりません

どうか下記の意味を教えて下さい。 ニュアンスも説明下されば嬉しいです (__) We have gone places. We did go places. Your not my door mat. I am not trying to con you. よろしくお願いします!