• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

英文の邦訳

Perhaps most notable (or notorious), however, was his policy oflaying off the lowest 10 percent of performers each year, a policy that led Newsweek to dub him "Neutron Jack," for removing people while leaving the buildings standing (Welch 2001, 125, 158). 上記英文中,特に, dub him "Neutron Jack," for removing people while leaving the buildings standingの箇所の意味が良く分かりません。お分かりの方,邦訳を宜しくお願いします。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数74
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (14844/31605)

上記英文中,特に, dub him "Neutron Jack," for removing people while leaving the buildings standingの箇所の意味が良く分かりません。  (成績の悪い下から10%をクビにするという)彼は(中性子爆弾のように)建物は建ったままなのに人を取り除くので彼を「中性子ジャック」と名付けた。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• この英文法でわからないところがあります。

the exhibition hall will house exhibitions and demonstrations by manufactures,while the auditoriums will be used for talks and seminars held by notable industry figures. people who attend can expect to have access to _____ in the exhibition hall~  it themselves everything others これなんですが、everythingが正解みたいです。私達自身でアクセスできる(見れる)でも 通じる気がするんですがどうしてだめなんでしょうか? また、不可算代名詞のeverythingは単数形ですがpeopleという複数形があるのでどうもいまいちぴったりこないんです whileのあとにいろいろくるんでin the exhibitionで見れるものはどんなものかと ややこしく考えてしまうんですが、whileがでたらむししちゃってもいいんでしょうか?

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 食べものについての説明かもしれません。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 I have recently done some research into the horoscope and foods. Some people wanted to know what kind of food their soul mate would or should eat. His likes and dislikes and what is good for him, his physical and emotional health. In some case this is more important than others, because some people are more closely effected by their food, while others neglect what they eat, and care little whether its well cooked or burned to hellish cinders..

• 和訳してください(>_<)

As an ancient proverb says, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Several new types of programs based on this idea have been getting attention these days. For example, in a "technology transfer" program, people in developing nations are taught skills to farm better or to make better equipment, roads or buildings. These skills then help them find work, earn money and feed their families. When people have the right tools and knowledge, they will be able to find their own way to escape from poverty.

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Close-up Life Expectancy: How Long Is Long? “There are groups of mountain people in the Soviet Union, India and Ecuador who claim to love very long lives. Some people say they’re 125 years old and going strong. “Robert R. Kohn, professor of pathology at Case Western University, says the claims aren’t true. “’They have every reason to claim old age-economic reasons, status reasons-and there are no records to back up the claims, ‘says Kohn. “While in the Soviet Union for a scientific meeting. Kohn found another reason: The old people in Georgia have become such a tourist attraction that he was offered the opportunity to see them for the sum of 50 American dollars. There’s no doubt these people are old and healthy and they would be worth studying, but when you read about Ivan who’s 146 tears old and his mother’s mad at him, don’t believe it. お願いします。

• 下の英文で間違っているところ、不自然な表現、あまり聞かない表現などがあ

下の英文で間違っているところ、不自然な表現、あまり聞かない表現などがあればおしえてください。 One Saturday evening my boyfriend Hiroshi and I went to a concert. On our way to a concert hall, we met a foreigner having(carrying?) a traveling bag. He was looking around for something with a map in his hand. He seemed at a loss for which way to go. Then I went up and talked to him. He told me he was looking for a hotel, showing me the map.I I knew where the hotel was and suggested to him that I take him there. Hiroshi seemed worried about whether we could arrive before the starting time for a concert. But I couldn't leave him as he was a total stranger here and couldn't understand Japanese at all. We walked to the hotel for a while, and arrived there. He deeply thanked me and we separated. Meanshile, Hiroshi seemed so irritated because it was almost seven o'clock when the concert was scheduled to begin. After leaving the hotel, we went to the concert hall in a hurry. When we got to the hall, it was fifteen minutes past seven. Unfortunately we were not allowed to enter the inside by a hall clerk. Naturally, Hiroshi got mad at me.

• 英文の邦訳

Here in New York it’s a systems club. They are all members of the Brook Club, the Links Club, or the Union League Club. Everybody is washing everybody else’s hands. 上記英文の最後の一節,Everybody is washing everybody else’s hands.の適訳をお願い致します。

• 英文の邦訳

One advantage of time-series data is that they should allow the analyst to avoid this problem: It must only be ensured that the presence of the banker on the board precedes the firm’s borrowing, using a lagged dependent variable.この英文の和訳は次の通りで宜しいでしょうか? 時系列データの一つの利点は,それらが分析を行う者に,この問題を排除することを可能にするはずであるという点にある。すなわち,ラッグのある従属変数を用いて,企業の借入れに先立って取締役会の席に銀行家が就いているかを確かめる以外にない。 誤訳があれば,御指摘下さいます様お願いします。

• 英文の邦訳

An employee benefit plan as defined in Section 3(3) of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, as amended, 29 U.S.C. 1001et seq. (“ERISA”) that is subject to the provisions of ERISA, or any such plan that is not subject to ERISA that is maintained primarily for the benefit of the employees of a state or local government or instrumentality, or an endowment fund; 上記英文で,特に, as amended, 29 U.S.C. 1001et seq. (“ERISA”) 前後の文脈が判然としません。 英訳を宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳

Long an object of managerial discretion, corporate philanthropy has been used as a form of public relations similar to advertising, an attempt to invest strategically in areas that will benefit the firm (such as schools), a response to social pressures within the business community, and even a reflection of the company's values. この文章の冒頭のLong an object of managerial discretionの一節の意味が分かりません。お分かりの方,邦訳を宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳

The willingness of American corporations to accept the moderate political environment was certainly made easier by the nation's global economic power. When that power began to recede, as it almost inevitably did as the rest of the world began to recover from World War II, it became increasingly necessary for Americans to fight over the spoils of a shrinking pie. 上記英文中,後半のas it almost inevitably did as the rest of the world began to recover from World War II, it became increasingly necessary for Americans to fight over the spoils of a shrinking pie.の部分が上手く訳せません。お分かりになる方,適訳をどうぞ宜しくお願いします。