• ベストアンサー

英訳

But television commercials for Lamisil, a toenail cure, now feature yellow fungus monsters yucking it up under the nail of a big toe, and larger-than-life pictures of rotting toenails appear in magazine advertisements for Penlac, another treatment. yucking it up の意味がわかりません(yuckの動詞形は私の辞書にはありません)。 教えて下さい。

• goof
  • お礼率74% (794/1062)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

Gです.こんにちはGooofさん! 私なりの説明をしますね。 yucking upのyuckは気持ち悪いフィーリングの「オェー!」なんですね。いやな事、汚くする事、気持ち悪い事、全部が「オェー!」とリバースしたくなるフィーリングがyuckなんですね. つまりyuck upはその気持ち悪くする行為を言っているんですね。 だから足の爪の下で菌のモンスター達が気持ち悪く暴れていると言うイメージがyucking upなんですね. 不潔にすると言う意味でのフィーリングも入っているんですね. これでいいでしょうか.分からない点があれば補足しつもんしてください.

goof
質問者

お礼

懇切丁寧な、又分かりやすい回答ありがとう御座いました。 良く分かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#7358
noname#7358
回答No.1

こんにちは! ^_^ > yucking it up の意味 ご質問の例文は、“モンスターが大きな足に踏みつけられてる状況”ですよね? つまり "yuck it up"とは、「むぎゅ~ってなってる」ということです ^_^ "yuck"とは・・僕は こういう単語を説明するのはあまり上手じゃないのですが、「むぎゅっ」「げっ」・・みたいなカンジかな? Have a nice day!

goof
質問者

お礼

>むぎゅ~ってなってる 感じ出てますね! 了解しました。 ありがとう御座いました。

関連するQ&A

• For とtoの訳

Is it possible to exchange it for a larger size?このforはどういうやくですか?通常toが妥当じゃないですか?もしくはof

• 英訳お願いします

"We would like to start a shop - it would include expensive French fisherman's rain gear." It's only a matter of time before the UK is submerged in their epic sound waves. "We came from the ocean and we'll return there one day," Fire For Effect states. "BLUE is a way of envisioning the future together, collectively. The sea levels are rising, sea monsters have been waking up, and we are on the verge of awakening something very old from the depths of the sea, and it's probably going to be really pissed off." 長文ですが、どなたかよろしくお願いします

• 英訳困っています >< 助けてくださ~い><

The third stage is what Duvall referred to as the authority period , in which the family are bringing up pre-school children , with the oldest between two and five years old. Essentially, the parents have to train their pre-schoolers to behave in a socially acceptable way , and not like tyrannical little monsters! This, too, can be a deeply demanding phase for the parents. Things often ease up a little when the family enters the interpretive preriod , in which the oldest child is between five and 13 years old , and at school. (The reason why Duvall categorizes these stages from the age of the oldest child is mainly because this signals the need for the parents to learn new behaviours. They have already learned most of the behaviours they will need for younger children-although each child is different, of cource.) The fifth period in the family life cycle is the interdependent period, which consists of families with teenagers. At this time it becomes possible for the teenagers to take more of a share in the emotional and physical aspects of the family , and the relationship between parents and child can become a two-way, interdependent one rather than a simple, one-way , denpendent one.

• 難関大学の英語の和訳

次の英文の解釈と和訳がわかりません。どなたか手伝ってください… even though she was told the treatment would give her one-in-four chance of surviving, because she knew the ravages of the treatment and didn't think the odds good enough to endure it.

• 歌詞を英訳したいのですが

外国人の友達に好きな曲を紹介したくて英訳に挑戦してみたんですが 翻訳サイトなどで調べたので意味が通じるのかどうか自信がありません 確認していただけないでしょうか? 歌詞はここに載ってます http://music.yahoo.co.jp/shop/p/53/9010/Y011899 distant earch, road that leads to tomorrow Looked up at the meteor appear and disappear It like a breath of the flower bud of only has come spring "The thing to live is loves thing, and a be loved thing" I want to hold you, Think tenderly of the such a person The happiness be with you now of such an encounter I still treasures the summer that doesn't ends in my heart I jumps into the dream of you who is breathing of sleep City Lights was counted at many nights when wasn't able to sleep It was swallowed words that I want you to tell me Lonely night get heartbreaking in a more thoughtless kindness It worries by a unstable love like feelings that understand each other Say,Will it be so? However keep searching for ordinary love and ordinary happiness all the time, I can't catch hold it Heartbreaking , Against the backdrop of street trees where goes falling of autumn I was so thinking about you that I was madly In a distant foreign country Reach here at last in the old days, what did you see on this place ? a traveler It is understood to live together if not easy It overflows all over the place cheap "eternity" Look at our palms only at a little while So, it hurries up alive for wants to tell love in the body in all Say,Will it be so? At the mercy of the dream of daily looking back Nostalgic pain of a love that caresses a cheek softly In the wind to which biting the skin of winter come soon Certain the beat,The flapping time is waited for impatiently

• 英訳の添削をお願いします

「彼は欲しい物を買うことを我慢できない。」 →He can't put up with buying what he wants. 「彼はすぐに欲しい物を買う癖がある。」 →He is in the habit of buying what he wants immediately. 「彼に必要なことは欲しい物を買うことを我慢することだ。」 →It is nessesary for him that he put up with buying what he wants. 欲張って3つ書いてみましたが、合ってますでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 急な英訳をお願いします。

仕事で急に海外で商品を購入しなければならなくなり困っています。で下記の文だけ意味が分からず困っています。どなたか教えて下さい。 We are accepting pre-orders up until march 3rd, for shipment during the week of march 10th. It ordered after that will have 14-day turnaround. です。意味がわかりません。すみません。

• この英訳は”馬から落馬”的ではないのでしょうか?

中野幾雄著「技術英語攻略法」 (株)工業調査会 発行 のp226次の英作文例があります。 和文: 潤滑剤をチェックする。 いろいろな種類の不純物は,少量の潤滑剤を指でこすれば,通常,感じでわかる。 光にかざして検査するのに,手の甲に薄く伸ばしてもよい。 訳例: Check the lubricant. Various kinds of impurities can be usually felt by rubbing a little of it between the fingers. A thin layer may be spread on the back of the hand for inspection against the light. 質問: 「手の甲に薄く伸ばしてもよい。」・・・の訳を” A thin layer may be spread”と訳されています。 私にはどうも“馬から落馬する”的な英語に感じるのですが,皆様のご意見お聞かせ下さい。 私の訳文は次の通りです。 宜しければ評価をお願いします。 For the examination of the lubricant agent, several kinds of impurities normally can be felt by rubbing a small amount of it by the fingers. When it is inspected by holding up it to the light, it can be spread on the back of the hand. また”For the examination of the lubricant agent” とofの前後の名詞両方にtheを付けました。 lubricant agentのtheは,“ここにある潤滑剤”と言うことでtheを付けましたが,the examinationに付いては,以下に具体的な検査の方法を述べているのでtheを付けました。 この理解はおかしいでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳をお願いします!

長いのですが訳していただけないでしょうか?? あと、(1)(2)に入る語も教えてください! 誤字あったらすみません… This point may seem obvious; ( 1 ),many popular and misleading beliefs have grown up about why a language should become internationally successful. For example, it is often suggested that there must be something inherently beautiful or logical about the structure of English, in order to explain why it is now so widely used. Some suggest that it has less grammar than other languages, so it must be easier to learn. Such arguments are misconceived. Latin was once a major language, despite its highly complicated grammatical structure. A language does not become a global language because of its structure properties, but because of the political power of the people who use it, especially their ( 2 ) power. Why did Greek become a language of international communication in the Middle East over 2,000 years ago? Not because of the intellects of Plato and Aristotle; the answer lies in the swords and spears wielded by the armies of Alexander the Great. (1) (1)however (2)therefore (3)thus (4)furthermore (2) (1)international (2)economic (3)industrial (4)democratic よろしくお願いします!

• 英訳 全く自信がありません。

楽器の製作を依頼しています。次のような内容の英文を作りたいのですが。この英文のチェックをしていただきたいのです。 楽器製作に関してあなた様に質問及び連絡があります。 私は輸入代理店より次のような忠告を得ました。 「保険だけはしっかりかけておいて下 さい。楽器に対する保険金額は、総経費の110%~120%になるようにして下さい。」 どうかあなたにこのような内容の保険をかけてくださいますようお願いします。 不足分の金額をお支払いします。 ・私は右利きですので、右きき用の楽器を製作してください。 ・ペグボックスとネックの接続部には釘を打ち付けて固定するのでしょうか。それとも膠だけで固定するのでしょうか。私は自分でリュートを作ったときには膠だけで固定して、はずれてしまったことがありました。 ・指板とペグボックスへの装飾は可能でしょうか。 You have a question and communication about musical instrument production. I took the following advice from an import agency. "Please take only the insurance well. An insurance for a musical instrument please become 110% - 120% of an all-around cost." Please insure you with such contents insurance. I make a payment with an amount of money of the deficit. ・Because I am a right-handed person, please produce a musical instrument for right-handed people. ・Do you use a nail over a peg box and a joint of the neck and will fix it? Or will you fix it only with glue? When I made a lute with oneself, I fix it only with glue, and there was able to be the thing that it has come off. * May you have a fingerboard and a peg box of a musical instrument decorate it?