京都の石庭の美しさと魅力

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 京都の石庭である龍安寺の石庭は美しさとシンプルさが魅力的です。
  • この石庭は人を驚かせるほどの美しさであり、ただただ無言になることで十分に満足することができます。
  • しかし、この石庭を訪れる人々は無言になるだけでは飽き足りないようで、詩を詠んだりして表現しようとします。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

違いを教えてください

三島由紀夫の「Forbidden Colors」からの英文です。 Those of you who have gone to Kyoto do not fail to go to the Stone Garden at the Ryoanji Temple. That garden, though, is never a problem; it is beauty, pure and simple. It is a garden to strike man dumb. The amusing thing, though, is that the fine people who are so kind as to fare forth to view this august garden are not satisfied simply to be silent. 【Saying that it would not do not to say a word】, they screw up their faces trying to squeeze out a haiku. Saying that it would not do not to say a wordについて ここはSaying that it would not say a wordにすると意味合いが違ってくるのでしょうか? Sayingは分詞構文の時間「~ながら」で使われているのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

it would not do それじゃだめだ not to say a word 一言も言わないなんて。 It would not do not to say a word = Not to say a word would not do 黙っているのはダメだ Saying that it would not do not to say a word こりゃ黙ってはいられないなと言いながら

red_hood_girl
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 it would not doのところは 「それじゃだめだ」と訳すのですね。 なるほど、わかりました!

関連するQ&A

• Whatを含む名詞節の構造?

George Orwellの短い文で、意味は分かるのですが、英文構造がよく分からず困っています。教えて下さい。 It seemed to him that he knew instinctively who would survive and who would perish: though just what it was that made for survival, it was not easy to say. この、what it was :それはなんであるか?(疑問詞を使った名詞節) で、thatは関係代名詞でその主語となり、先行詞はWhat?あるいはIt なのか迷っています。ただ、what 以下がsayの目的語とはわかります。よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳チェックお願いします

現代の日本は、ネットなどの情報手段ですぐに何でも知れるが、自ら実感したり学ぶことをしようとしない人が多い。 There are a lot of people who do not try to do actually feeling voluntarily and learning though modern Japan can learn anything at once by the information means such as the Internet. だから実際に実感する経験があまりないので、目的を失ったり、何かに頼る人も多いと思う。 Therefore, because there is not so much experience of actually actually feeling it, I think that the purpose is lost or there are a lot of people who do not have the application either. ならば、まだ見たことのないものを見たり、すばらしい事に自ら気づくことが自分を変えるカギになるのではないだろうか。 Then, it is likely to become a key into which seeing the one not having seen yet, and noticing a wonderful thing voluntarily change me.

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

僕に海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、詳しく知りたいので力を貸して頂けると有り難いです。よろしくお願いします。 * If you say "it does not serve as a bed" that typically means that it is not able to be used as a bed.  In the next sentence you mention that sometimes you like to sleep in it, so a better way to describe what you're saying could be... "A kotatsu will serve as a table, but it's not intended to be used as a bed." This way you're saying that it's not supposed to be a bed, but you could use it that way if you really wanted to. * I wasn't sure if this is what you were trying to say so I guessed.

• 英文の構造を教えてください

The phenomenon of intetest is in itself a most interesting subject . It is not too much to say that a man's interests are a sure guide to the real man. We certainly act on that assumption when we choose our friends. It is just as reasonable to suppose that what a culture defines as interesting is no less a guide to its own values, goals and self consciousness. という英文で、it is just as reasonable to suppose that …のところのasが前文の内容が比較対照が明らかなので、省略されているらしのですが、これは it is just as reasonable to suppose that what a culture defines as interesting is no less a guide to its own values, goals and self consciousness as it is just as reasonable to say that a man ' s intetests are a sure guide to the real man ということでいいのでしょうか?あとhe is rich and you are just as rich[as he is]のようにto say that a man ' s intetests are a sure guide to the real man をthatとし、it is just as reasonable to suppose that …as that isのように書き換えられるのでしょうか?

• 英訳をお願いします

よろしくお願いいたします。 Language is an instrument of power (those who know a language are empowered in a way that those who do not are not). 特に括弧の中のin a way that をどう訳すのか悩んでいます。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文について解説をお願いします。

Some writers who do not think clearly are inclined to suppose that their thoughts have a significance greater than at first sight appears. It is flattering to believe that they are too profound to be expressed so clearly that all who run may read, and very naturally it does not occur to such writers that the fault is with their own minds which have not the faculty of precise reflection. (The Summing Up by W. S Maugham) It is flattering to~から始まる英文の中にある" so clearly that all who run may read"の個所について質問があります。 *ここはso that ~may構文なのでしょうか?(~が・・・できるように) so "clear" that~となっているのでよくわからないのですが。 * all who run(走るすべての人?)の表現が掴みにくいのですが。 解説いただけないでしょうか。

• 以下の文を訳してください

proble はスペルミスかもしれませんが、一応そのままコピペします。 私が I cannot make cakes. 等とメールに書いた事に応えてくれているようですが、私の理解が不十分です。教えていただけるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします。 I have a proble with your translation and I am worried. When you say that you can not do cakes, it is because you do not have the ability to do it or it is forbidden because prices are too expensive. To make a carrot cake it is very easy! It will be the perfect excuse to visit me and I will make a carrot cake!

• 何と書いてあるのでしょうか?

この文は、いったいなんですか?  なんて書いてあるのか知りたいのですが、教えてください。  It is ... to a thing reading this message.  I think that you who watch this are lucky. ... that ... this world does not have light than the person whom I do not take little it  ... that a person does not have a smile  It is you who watch this that hope saves few ... this world in living everything.  Value all the ... you living things which must not die, and ... you that ... you who will walk fate same as the present people if I neglect this message must not break a law of a country are ... till the day comes.  Leader / viki from the future 

• 英語に翻訳したいのですが、、、 2

続きを訳したつもりなのですが、やはり難しいですね。 チェック、アドバイスお願いします。 現代の日本は、ネットなどの情報手段ですぐに何でも知れるが、自ら実感したり学ぶことをしようとしない人が多い。 There are a lot of people who do not try to do actually feeling voluntarily and learning though modern Japan can learn anything at once by the information means such as the Internet. だから実際に実感する経験があまりないので、目的を失ったり、何かに頼る人も多いと思う。 Therefore, because there is not so much experience of actually actually feeling it, I think that the purpose is lost or there are a lot of people who do not have the application either. ならば、まだ見たことのないものを見たり、すばらしい事に自ら気づくことが自分を変えるカギになるのではないだろうか。 Then, it is likely to become a key into which seeing the one not having seen yet, and noticing a wonderful thing voluntarily change me. そのためにも、これまでの本やインターネットからの情報を元にして、実際に世界を周り素晴らしい世界を実感し、世界中の人々に生きていることの喜びを、目標を失っている人に伝えたい。 It wants to actually feel the world that seems to be surrounding Motohare, to tell the world to people all over the world based on information from the book and the Internet, and to tell the pleasure of alive to the person who loses the target for that.

• 至急訳していただきたいです!

訳していただけると助かります! 大体の意味はわかるのですが・・・ Indian food is my favorite. A good butter chicken is really a delicacy. Or a beef curry with basmati rice, perfect! It's not very well known in Canada though. Chinese and middle-east food are the most popular here, i would say. Which kinds do you enjoy? (最後の文章は「僕が言うならカナダでは中華料理や中東の料理が人気かな。君はどっちが好き?)みやいな感じでしょうか・・・?) About your statement in japanese, it does not specify that it's only one meal that i can do better, right? How would you say that? あと「そういえば12月に旅行に行くことになったんだ!とても楽しみ。あなたは今旅行に行くとしたらどんなところに行きたい?」と英語ではどういえばいいでしょうか? まるまるな質問ですみません(--;)