• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:翻訳お願いします)

Life's Choices and Our Stalkerish Behavior: The Influence of Consumerism and the Internet

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In today's world of consumerism and the Internet, we often wish for a box of choices neatly laid out in front of us, like a box of chocolates. We crave information about everything before making a decision, leading to a stalkerish behavior in various aspects of life.
  • From researching a potential date on Facebook to checking out a restaurant menu before stepping foot inside, our desire to know exactly what we're getting has become ingrained in us. We are hard-pressed to find out as much as we can before making a choice.
  • This behavior is a result of the abundance of choices available to us. With consumerism and the Internet making more options accessible, we seek descriptions and details to ensure we make the right decision. However, this behavior can sometimes border on obsession and interfere with the spontaneity of life.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

時々、私は、人生が本当に1箱の21世紀のチョコレートのようだったらよいのにと、思います。 全ての人生の選択肢が私の前にきちんと並べられ、それぞれの選択肢にどんなことが期待できるかを私に語ってくれる案内が付いていたら、素敵でしょう。 消費者主義とインターネットが、より多くの人々が、より多くの選択肢を利用できるようにするにつれて、私たちも何かを決定をする前に、そのものについて出来るだけ多く調べると言うことが、私たちに深く根付いてきています。 ある意味では、私たちが何を得ることになるかについて、正確に知りたいという私たちの願望は、話が、人生における多くのものに拡大すると、結果として、一種のストーカーのような振る舞いになってしまっています。 ひとたび、フェイスブックでつながってしまってから、新しい友人やデートするかも知れない相手について出来る限り調べようとしなかった人がいるでしょうか? レストランに一歩足を踏み入れる前でさえ、どんな物を食べるかを決めるために、これから行こうとするレストランのメニューを無我夢中で調べたことはないでしょうか?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳お願いします

Even though it's February , I still have an excess of edible Christmas and New Year's treats to finish. As I worked my way through yet another box of assorted chocolates , I couldn't help but be reminded of a line from the movie Forrest Gump:“Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.” And it made me wonder if this is still true for modern life. These days , you'd be hard-pressed to find a box of shareable goodies without some kind of guide. My box of chocolates came with a bilingual description of each finely sculpted chocolate , detailing in evocative language what filling lay within each glossy shape. Don't like caramel? Even if it's “a masterful creation”? Then avoid these ones. Like praline? Then choose those ones. With chocolates these days , you actually do know what you're gonna get. Sometimes l wish that life really was like a box of 21st-century,chocolates. It'd be nice to have all of life's choices land out neatly in front of me , with a guide telling me what to expect from each one. With consumerism and the Internet making more choice available to more people ,it's becoming ingrained in us to find out as much as we can about something before making a decision. In a way , our desire to know exactly what we're getting has resulted in a sort of stalkerish behavior when it comes to many things in life. Who hasn't tried to find out all they can about a new friend or potential date once they've connected with them on Facebook? Or feverishly looked up the menu of a restaurant they're going to in order to decide what they'll have before they even step foot in the establishment? It's understandable that we do these things in order to avoid being disappointed or inconvenienced. But I'm curious to know if having all this information at our fingertips is degrading our ability to trust our instincts. Having too much information or choice can also lead to decision fatigue , resulting in poor decision making. Or analysis paralysis--where you overthink everything , stress yourself out and in the end , make no decision at all. Life certainly isn't quite like Forrest Gump's box Of chocolates anymore. We might know what we're going to get, but we might not like it anyway. I prefer to think of life as a tarte Tatin -- a delicious tart that was conceived supposedly by accident in the 1880s by chef Stephanie Tatin. She almost burned the filling of an apple tart and then decided to make it upside down. Life is a bit like that : You might think you know what you're gonna get but end up making a mess of it. But sometimes , like Stephanie Tatin , all you need to do is flip your situation over, serve it anyway and realize that it's actually pretty damn good. excess 余り物 edible 食べられる treats 楽しみ worked my way through ~ ~を処理した ouldn't help but be reminded of ~ ~を思い出さずにはいられなかった line せりふ Forrest Gump 「フォーレスト・ガンプ」 be hard-pressed to ~ ~するのに苦労する goodies おいしいもの description 説明 sculpted 立体的に作られた evocative 心をそそる filling 中身 lay within ~ ~の中にある glossy つやつやした masterful 見事な praline プラリーヌ land out 並べられた neatly 美しく consumerism 消費主義 making ~ available to ~ ~に~を入手しやすくする ingrained in ~ ~に深く根付いている stalkerish ストーカーっぽい when it comes to ~ ~のことになると potential date デートするかもしれない相手 feverishly 無我夢中で step foot in ~ ~に足を踏み入れる establishment レストランのこと disappointed がっかりする inconvenienced 不便を感じる having ~ at our fingertips ~がすぐ手に入る is degrading ~を低下させている instincts 直感 fatigue 疲れ paralysis 停滞 無気力 stress yourself out 神経をすり減らす tarte Tatin タルトタタン was conceived 考え出された supposedly おそらく by accident 偶然に upside down さかさまに end up ~ 結局~する making a mess of it へまをする flip ~ over ~をひっくり返す pretty damn good すごくいい

• 翻訳お願いします

Life certainly isn't quite like Forrest Gump's box Of chocolates anymore. We might know what we're going to get, but we might not like it anyway. I prefer to think of life as a tarte Tatin -- a delicious tart that was conceived supposedly by accident in the 1880s by chef Stephanie Tatin. She almost burned the filling of an apple tart and then decided to make it upside down. Life is a bit like that : You might think you know what you're gonna get but end up making a mess of it. But sometimes , like Stephanie Tatin , all you need to do is flip your situation over, serve it anyway and realize that it's actually pretty damn good. excess 余り物 edible 食べられる treats 楽しみ worked my way through ~ ~を処理した ouldn't help but be reminded of ~ ~を思い出さずにはいられなかった line せりふ Forrest Gump 「フォーレスト・ガンプ」 be hard-pressed to ~ ~するのに苦労する goodies おいしいもの description 説明 sculpted 立体的に作られた evocative 心をそそる filling 中身 lay within ~ ~の中にある glossy つやつやした masterful 見事な praline プラリーヌ land out 並べられた neatly 美しく consumerism 消費主義 making ~ available to ~ ~に~を入手しやすくする ingrained in ~ ~に深く根付いている stalkerish ストーカーっぽい when it comes to ~ ~のことになると potential date デートするかもしれない相手 feverishly 無我夢中で step foot in ~ ~に足を踏み入れる establishment レストランのこと disappointed がっかりする inconvenienced 不便を感じる having ~ at our fingertips ~がすぐ手に入る is degrading ~を低下させている instincts 直感 fatigue 疲れ paralysis 停滞 無気力 stress yourself out 神経をすり減らす tarte Tatin タルトタタン was conceived 考え出された supposedly おそらく by accident 偶然に upside down さかさまに end up ~ 結局~する making a mess of it へまをする flip ~ over ~をひっくり返す pretty damn good すごくいい

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

There's been a lot of times though in the band situation where there's been some deep wounds. Like that press conference they put together in 1996, after canceling three shows. The same stuff was going on with certain members of the band, that I was doing at that time. That was that time, I'm not making an excuse for it, it was a horrible time in my life. As well there were a lot of great things going on in my life, but that part of it was miserable. But I don't think at all that there needed to be a press conference to out me publicly, that was my own business.

• 翻訳お願いします

It's understandable that we do these things in order to avoid being disappointed or inconvenienced. But I'm curious to know if having all this information at our fingertips is degrading our ability to trust our instincts. Having too much information or choice can also lead to decision fatigue , resulting in poor decision making. Or analysis paralysis--where you overthink everything , stress yourself out and in the end , make no decision at all. excess 余り物 edible 食べられる treats 楽しみ worked my way through ~ ~を処理した ouldn't help but be reminded of ~ ~を思い出さずにはいられなかった line せりふ Forrest Gump 「フォーレスト・ガンプ」 be hard-pressed to ~ ~するのに苦労する goodies おいしいもの description 説明 sculpted 立体的に作られた evocative 心をそそる filling 中身 lay within ~ ~の中にある glossy つやつやした masterful 見事な praline プラリーヌ land out 並べられた neatly 美しく consumerism 消費主義 making ~ available to ~ ~に~を入手しやすくする ingrained in ~ ~に深く根付いている stalkerish ストーカーっぽい when it comes to ~ ~のことになると potential date デートするかもしれない相手 feverishly 無我夢中で step foot in ~ ~に足を踏み入れる establishment レストランのこと disappointed がっかりする inconvenienced 不便を感じる having ~ at our fingertips ~がすぐ手に入る is degrading ~を低下させている instincts 直感 fatigue 疲れ paralysis 停滞 無気力 stress yourself out 神経をすり減らす

• 翻訳お願いします

And it made me wonder if this is still true for modern life. These days , you'd be hard-pressed to find a box of shareable goodies without some kind of guide. My box of chocolates came with a bilingual description of each finely sculpted chocolate , detailing in evocative language what filling lay within each glossy shape. Don't like caramel? Even if it's “a masterful creation”? Then avoid these ones. Like praline? Then choose those ones. With chocolates these days , you actually do know what you're gonna get. excess 余り物 edible 食べられる treats 楽しみ worked my way through ~ ~を処理した ouldn't help but be reminded of ~ ~を思い出さずにはいられなかった line せりふ Forrest Gump 「フォーレスト・ガンプ」 be hard-pressed to ~ ~するのに苦労する goodies おいしいもの description 説明 sculpted 立体的に作られた evocative 心をそそる filling 中身 lay within ~ ~の中にある glossy つやつやした masterful 見事な praline プラリーヌ

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 若干難解な文章かもしれませんが、わかりません。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 What the chart always portrays is your next serious and predestined chance of love. It shows the person who you will meet and fall in love with. The person who will be your next serious chance of making a long term relationship. This love is going is deep and predestined. It may transform your life. I hope it does and into a more wonderful life. But understand the just because a love is shown in the stars as your fate, it does not automatically make it happy and free of problems or pain. This chart is one step of fate, and it is like one rose on a tree. It is the only step of fate dealt with in the reading.

• 翻訳をお願いします

翻訳をお願いしていただける方 よろしくお願いします His Neptune is in your second house. This is a negative aspect, it means that at the time when you form the relationship, he will seem free, generous, and with big ideas about money, but there may be financially difficulties or debts in the background of his life. Some poverty or struggle. He may seem to hit a bad patch in an otherwise solvent life. But when you know him better, you will find this is a habit. You will be tempted to save him from disaster financially at some point. But it is unwise to give this man money at all, or to allow him to handle or influence your financial life. For losses may occur. This man could impose on your generosity, become a drain on your income in one way another. He may either always be making use of your money, borrowing, finding things for you to spend on, or invest in, but they wont work. You may have too much faith in him. He may not be as competent financially as he seems. So the impulse to help him out or to give to much could be unfounded, a bad investment in the future both emotionally, if you end up disillusioned and out of pocket in a big way, and financially.

• 英文

The women - known to their neighbors here as decent people making what they could of life in a place marred by appalling destitution - are suspected of involvement in one of the deadliest waves of terror ever in Russia. 上記英文の下記の部分の文の構造の説明と和訳をお願いします。 making what they could of life in a place marred by appalling destitution

• 翻訳お願いします

You have to remember if your drives both will be putting out 2000mA each then each one will be drawing 3000mA or around there so I would use no smaller than a 26650 cell or cells and I think 32650 would be nice if a good host can be found that is to your liking. The SK can take a 32650 if I put it in the lathe and take out about 0.25mm of aluminum from the inside. The two XB-2 drives I sent you are the very latest model they are capable of 4000mA each so with the proper heat sinking they may work for you. Do not try and run them above 2000mA with out heat sinking them, I do believe they have a built-in temp controller so if they get too hot they will shut down till they cool off, I'll check on that to be sure. The full back side needs to be in contact with a heat sink if your going to take one all the way to it's max current of 4000mA ! Hope this helps Let me know if you need any other info

• 翻訳お願いします

Your saik will be in Japan tommrorw. I went to the post office and they told me this Here is the Tracking number that i made a mistake the first time and gave you the wrong one. THey told me it was at customs for 44 days.! Just like what happens before with those X Drivers. Remeber.! It got stuck at customs. THis is the huge delay my friend. This si what has been holding them out. They have gotton realeased today and should be in Japan tommrorw.