Liverpool in the 1970s: High Unemployment and Decline

このQ&Aのポイント
  • High unemployment and decline in Liverpool in the 1970s led to stereotypes such as being on the dole and robbing. Slum clearance projects led to massive changes in the city, with council tenements being demolished and people being relocated to the outskirts.
  • The decline of Liverpool in the 1970s was characterized by the struggles of major employers like the docks, strikes over pay and working hours, and a rising unemployment rate. However, the city also had a thriving punk and new wave music scene, with venues like the Clash allowing performances.
  • Despite the challenges, Liverpool FC achieved success in football during the 1970s, winning league championships and European cups.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

HELP MY ENGLISH HOMEWORK!

Q1.この文を和訳してください▽ High unemployment, therefore where all the stereotypes of Liverpool come from. Being on the dole, robbing etc. etc. Slum clearance was taking place so there was massive changes to the city, the council tenements in the Scotland Road/Vauxhall Road area were being knocked down in the massive "slum clearance" projects and people were being moved out to the council estates on the outskirts of the city. Q2.この文も和訳してください▽ it was a city in decline. Lots of the big employers such as the docks weren't as succesfull as they were in the past. There were lots of strikes over pay and working hours. Unemployement was rising. In the late 70s Liverpool had a number of venues that allowed punk and new wave groups to perform, such as the Clash. In sport Liverpool FC won a number of league championships and two European cups, and two UEFA cups. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ どちらも1970のLiverpoolのpoor conditionの事を言っていると思いますが、 vocabularyが私には難しくて詳しく分かりません。 どちらか一つでもいいので、和訳していただけると助かります....! vocabulary

noname#140062
noname#140062
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

Q1. 高い失業、したがって、リバプールについてのすべての固定観念はそこから生じています。失業手当を受けている、強盗をする、その他。スラム街撤去が行われていて、それ故、大きい変化が都市で起こっていました。スコットランド通り/ボクスホール通りの区域の公営家屋は大きい「スラム街撤去」プロジェクトで取り壊されていました、そして、人々は都市の郊外の公営住宅団地に転居させられていました。 Q2. それは、斜陽の街でした。ドックのような大口の雇用先の多くは、以前ほどうまく行っていませんでした。たくさんのストライキが、賃金と労働時間をめぐってありました。失業率は上がっていました。 70年代後半には、リバプールには、Clashの様な、パンクとニューウェーブ・グループに演奏させるいくつかの会場がありました。 スポーツにおいては、リバプールFCは、いくつかのリーグ・チャンピオンシップとヨーロピアン・カップで2度、UEFAカップでも2度、勝利を収めていました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

「失業率が高いもんだから、リバプールはイメージが悪いのさ。失業手当で何とか食い繋いでる負け犬共や、犯罪に走る輩が多いという尾ひれも付いてまわる。そんな汚名を返上したかったのか、市は〝汚物は消毒だー!ヒャッハー!”なんて言い出しやがって、スコットランド通りやボークスホール通り一帯の汚ねえ公営団地を取り壊してなぁ、そこに住んでた奴らは郊外に追いやられたんだ。」 「この街は貧しく寂れてた。ドックスの様な大手も昔の勢いは何処へやら…、賃金や待遇改善を求めるストライキも止む事はなかった。日に日に失業者が増えていったよ。そんなしけた街でもよ、70年代後半のリバプールは音楽を忘れちゃいなかったぜ!パンクやニュー・ウェーブ系の奴らにとっちゃ、この街はメッカさ!クラッシュの奴らだって、ここで名を上げたんだ!スポーツだって負けちゃいねえ!!リバプールFCなんかは優勝の常連さ!!欧州リーグでも優勝2回、UEFAでも優勝2回だ!!!」 カウンターの隅で一人静かに飲んでいたはずの初老の男は、そう立て続けにまくし立てた。

関連するQ&A

• Early English versions

Early English versions The Bible in English is almost as old as the English language. In fact, the scriptures are as old as written English. This is because the written form of English was produced expressly for the purpose of teaching about the Christian faith. English developed from the languages spoken by the Germanic people (Angles, Saxons and Jutes) who settled, from the 5th century A.D., in what is now England. They did not write their languages apart from perhaps making marks on objects to serve as lucky charms or to show ownership (for this they would use the Germanic characters known as runes). The first extended written English texts were made by missionary priests, who spoke and wrote Latin. They adapted the Roman alphabet, adding the letters æ (known as "ash") ð ("eth") and Þ ("thorn") — though these letters are not used in English today (æ corresponds to the vowel in "ash"; ð and Þ are used interchangeably for both consonants represented by "th", as in "cloth" or "clothe"). The priests' purpose in writing was to produce English texts for a handful of educated and literate men to read aloud to the illiterate and largely pagan people whom they sought to bring into the church. の和訳をお願いします。

• 英文の和訳で困っています

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えてください よろしくお願いします!! The FDJ was embedded in industrial plants, places of education and residential quarters, the aim being political and ideological coordination along with the structuring of vocational training and leisure activities. The object was to reach as many young people as possible and get them involved in the FDJ. Linked to this were also the ‘Young Pioneers’, or the ‘Ernst Thalmann’ Pioneer Organization, named after the leading Communist of the Weimar Period who was persecuted during the Nazi Period, arrested and murdered in Buchenwald concentration camp. Its alignment with the KPD and later with the SED was established in the 1950s. After that, it was to promote Marxism-Leninism, carry out the SED decisions and participate in pre-military training. The FDJ was to number more than two million members.

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! The building was sited away from other public buildings, in the eastern angle of the city. It is not certain whether, as often claimed, this was because the site in question was open land and thus available for development: recent excavations have indicated that the blocks in the eastern quarter were much more fully built up in their early stages than was later the case. Marginalizing the amphitheatre had the advantage of keeping potentially rowdy crowds away from the city-centre; at the same time, spectators from communities further up the Sarno valley, such as Nuceria, could be channeled in and out through the nearest city-gates. The oval auditorium, which was not supported on a network of concrete vaults like later amphitheatres, exploited the slope of the defensive ramparts on the south and east.

• この部分のasの訳し方と働きを教えてください

以下のニュースの最後の部分の as were 119 Israeli soldiers and 39 civilians. は訳してみたのですが、「119人のイスラエルの兵士と39人の市民も殺された。」でいいですか。 また、as were 以下は文法的にどういうことになっているのか、説明していただけないでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。 Relying on massive airstrikes, Olmert said Israel would crush Hezbollah and force the return of the captured soldiers. Neither goal was accomplished. Between 1,035 and 1,191 Lebanese civilians and combatants were killed, as were 119 Israeli soldiers and 39 civilians.

• 英訳 意味

In January 2010, the Government of India decided to withdraw 〈Deemed university〉 status from as many as 44 rations were not being kept in mind by the management of these institutions and that "they were being run as family fiefdoms". ここでのdeemed universityの意味を誰か分かる人いますか? 自分で調べてんですが、僕の英語力では意味分からなかったので誰かお願いします!!

• 以下の英文を訳して下さい。

The Ottoman High Command failed to make up the losses of 1915. The war in Gallipoli was using all the resources and manpower. The IX, X and XI Corps could not be reinforced and in addition to that the 1st and 5th Expeditionary Forces were deployed to Mesopotamia Campaign which did not show signs of ending soon. Ottoman High Command recognizing the dire situation on other fronts, decided that this region was of secondary importance. As of January 1916, Ottoman forces were 126,000 men, only 50,539 being combat soldiers. There were 74,057 rifles, 77 machine guns and 180 pieces of artillery. Many of the guns which were supposed to defend the city had been moved to Gallipoli to counter the British forces. The guns that were left in the region were older weapons and not in very good condition. The soldiers were not in good condition. They suffered from inadequate food as was typical of many Turkish soldiers at that time. Ottoman forces in the Caucasus Campaign were big on paper, but not on the ground. Another source claim that 78,000 troops were in this region, perhaps associating the number of rifles to actual soldiers.

• the story of my life 和訳

授業でヘレンケラーのThe Story of my life をやっているのですが、上手く和訳ができないので和訳の方を教えてほしいです。 When the time of daisies and buttercups came Miss Sullivan took me by the hand across the fields, where men were preparing the earth for the seed, to the banks of the Tennessee River,and there,sitting on the warm grass,I had my first lessons in the beneficence of nature. I learned how the sun and the rain make to grow out of the ground every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food, how birds build their nests and live and thrive from land to land,how the squir-rel, the deer,the lion and every other creature finds food and shelter. As my knowledge of things grew I felt more and more the delight of the world I was in. Long before I learned to do a sum in arithmetic or describe the shape of the earth,Miss Sullivan had taught me to find beauty in the fragrant woods, in every blade of grass, and in the curves and dimples of my baby sister's hand. She linked my earliest thoughts with nature,and made me feel that "birds and flowers and I were happy peers." 長文で申し訳ないですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

With the 11 January War Cabinet decision reversed by the 26 February Congress, the EEF was now required to capture the stronghold of Gaza as a first step towards the capture of Jerusalem. The town was one of the most ancient cities in the world, being one of five cities of the Palestine Alliance, which had been fought over many times during its 4,000-year history. By 1917 Gaza had an important depot for cereals with a German steam mill. In the area barley, wheat, olives, vineyards, orange groves, and wood for fuel were grown, as well as the grazing of many goats. Barley was exported to England for brewing into beer. Maize, millet, beans, and watermelon were cultivated in most of the surrounding localities, and harvested in early autumn. Mounted units reorganised A pause in the EEF's advance was necessary to enable the lines of communication to be lengthened and strengthened. While this work was being carried out, the mounted brigades were reorganised into two mounted divisions.

• 英文の長文和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています。 和訳を教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします!! The entrance steps of the Capitolium were rebuilt with flanking bastions which may have supported statues of the Dioscuri, sons of Juiper, and the altar was reset on a raised platform in the centre of the temple steps, where it is shown blazing at the time of the earthquake in a relief on the lararium of L.Caecilius Iucundus. But the cult title Victrix –the Victorious–with which Sulla worshipped the goddess was not used at Pompeii, presumably because it evoked Sulla’s bloody victory over the Samnites in the wars of the late 80s. In the precinct of Apollo the gaps between the piers that connected the sanctuary with the forum were filled in and the area was reshaped as the colonnaded courtyard visible today. The three main temples–the Capitolium, the Temple of Apollo and the Temple of Venus, were all embellished in the Augustan period or shortly afterwards. The cult became very popular, to judge by the number of graffiti that allude to it, and Pompeii became well known as the city of Venus.

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! The position of the new baths, like the old, was strategically chosen to benefit as large a slice of the urban population as possible. They served the northern and western quarters, leaving the Stabian baths to cater to dwellers in the centre and east. It is interesting that both sets of baths were fitted in irregular insulae, which straddled the transition between the old quarter of the city and the more regular developments to the north and east. If, as Eschebach argues, there was formerly some kind of physical boundary or pomerium round the old quarter, these blocks may have been relatively sparsely built up, thus providing the only feasibile sites which were both centrally positioned and large enough to accommodate the baths. The buildings of the colonists made an important mark on Pompeii’s public landscape; they set the stamp on its transformation from the Hellenized Samnite city of the second century BC to the Roman city of the early Imperial period.