• 締切済み

英語の問題です

A 175-lb woman stands on a vinyl floor wearing stiletto high-heel shoes. If the heel has dimensions shown, determine the average normal stress she exert on the floor and compare it with the average normal stress developed when a man having the same weight is wearing flat-heeled shoes. Assume the load is applied slowly, so that dynamic effects can be ignored. Also, assume the entire weight is supported only by the heel of one shoe. が物理の授業で出ましたが訳がまったく解りません。どなたか訳してください stressは応力でお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• eeb33585
  • ベストアンサー率18% (283/1495)
回答No.3

ANo.2回答者です。 応力=荷重÷面積 靴底の面積を計算し、荷重に体重を入れて計算できます。

jackpain2
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます

• eeb33585
  • ベストアンサー率18% (283/1495)
回答No.2

175ポンドの婦人がハイヒール(靴底の細い)をはいてビニール地の床の上に立っている。 もしそのシューズの寸法が示された寸法(別記)なら、床に及ぼす平均応力を決定せよ、また同じ体重の男性が平らな靴底の靴を履いた男性が及ぼす平均応力と比較せよ。 荷重は動的作用が無視できるようにゆっくり加えられ、また全体重は片方の靴に支えられているものとする。

jackpain2
質問者

補足

物理の問題が解けるなら解いて頂けませんか? お願いしますm(_ _)m

• qualheart
  • ベストアンサー率41% (1451/3486)
回答No.1

おおまかに訳せば、「175lbある女性がスチレット・ヒールを履いている場合に、床に対して発生している平均応力を求め、それをフラットな靴を履いた同体重の場合に床に対して発生する平均応力と比べよ。この際、移動はゆっくりであると仮定し、動的影響は受けないものとする。また、1つの靴のヒールにすべての体重がかかった場合の平均応力を求めよ。」ですね。 ご参考まで。

jackpain2
質問者

補足

すいません。寸法を書くの忘れていました。 男性のかかとの寸法は 1.2in.と0.5in.で 女性は 0.3in.と0.1in.です。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の問題なのですが,この問題が分かりません.

The Sun generates an average 3.74 × 10^26W of power . Assume the wavelength of the Sun’s radiation is 500 nm. a. Estimate how many photons the Sun emits every second. b. Estimate the temperature of the Sun. c. If 4.45×10^-8 of the Sun’s photons reach Earth, estimate the average intensity of this radiation on the Earth’s surface in (radius of Earth : 6.37×10^6 m) 英語の意味はなんとなく分かるのですが解けませんでした. どうかよろしくお願いします.

• 材料力学の問題です

The rigid body with the weight W=100N is subjected by the steel wire. Determinethe maximum average normal stress of the wire. the wire has a lenth l=100m,diameter d=2mm,and the specific weight ρ=8000kg/m^3 答え:39.7MPa という問題なのですが、英文の意味は自分としては何となくわかります。 自分と解答はまずワイヤーの重さW’=π×(2×10^-3)^2×100×8000÷4=4π/5(kg) となり、ワイヤーに働く内力P=100+(4π/5)×9.8(N) ∴応力σ=P/ワイヤーの面積という式にしたんですが答えが合いません どこが間違っているのでしょうか?分かる方教えてください。

• 添削希望

英文の添削を宜しくお願いします。 私は背が低い事がコンプレックスです。だからいつもヒールの高い靴を好んで履いています。 それに背が低いと視界も悪いし、高い所にも手が届きません。人から「小さいね。」と言われることも好きではないです。 I have an inferior complex about my height [ I'm very sensitive about being small.]and so I always wear high-heel shoes.[So I usually like wearing high heeled shoes.] And because of my hight, I only have low view, can't reach things that are put on high places, etc.. And I don't like poeple pointing out that I'm short.

• 英語翻訳お願いします

This is a transition to a lower extremity flexion synergy pattern without lower extremity extension at toe-off after weight loading on the affected side, thereby making it difficult to provide stability in weight bearing on the ground. 翻訳にもかけてみたのですが、よく分からないので教えて下さい。 論文の一部の文章です。

• 保険用語(英語)

こんにちは。保険に関する洋書を読んでいるのですが、1つ分からない言葉があります。 a number of policies (n), and each policies produce a number of claims on average m. Average Claims Size x. Therefore, Average loss is nmx. この文章の中で、Claim Sizeというのがありますが、これは何を指しているのでしょうか?要求(または請求)のサイズということになると思うのですが、日本語に訳してもこれがどういうことを言っているのか分かりません。もしお分かりでしたら教えてください。

• なぞなぞ(?)クイズ

ある所で以下のようなクイズ(なぞなぞ?)が出ました。 答えをご存じの方、いらっしゃらないでしょうか? -------------------------------------------- There is a room with a table in it. The table is just under the window. The window is open and the shutters have blown in over the table. On the floor near the table is broken glass. Also on the floor is water. Close to the table,on the floor, Martha and George are dead. How did they die? ---------------------------------------------

• この数学の問題の解き方を教えて下さい。

この数学の解き方を忘れたので分かりやすく教えて欲しいです。 1. A turtle moves 3.5m (E) in 136 s and then moves 1.7m (W) in 88s. (a) What is the average speed of the turtle? (b) What is the average velocity of the turtle? 2. A motorcycle is being designed to be the fastest in the world. The target speed on a trial ride was 540 km/h. How far would the motorcycle travel in 15s? 2の答えの単位もよくわかんないです。 お願いします。

• 英語の問題を教えてください!

次の英文の( )の中に入る英文を選ぶ問題です。 Unlike (A) for a vacation, getting ready for business trevel requires careful planning and coordination. When you arrive at your destination, you want to look your best. But it is also ideal (B) as "light" as possible. For a business trip that lasts from 3-5 days, some experts recommend the 3-2-1-1-1 policy: three pair of underwear and socks, two sport shirt, one suit, one pair of jeans, and one button-down dress shirt. Experts also recommend (C) bulky items like winter coats and sweaters on the airplane. (D) (A) 1.pack 2.packing 3.to be packing 4.to pack (B) 1.being traveled 2.to be traveled 3.to travel 4.traveling (C) 1.to wear 2.wearing 3.wore 4.worn (D) 1.Therefore, it is expensive to travel by air. 2.Otherwise, the baggage you bring on the plane is too small. 3.That is why you should keep an eye on your belongings. 4.Because they are tricky to pack and can keep you warn during longer flights. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 の質問です。

1.Is better when the food bowl have the same hight how is neck ! Like a food Station you need 2.Not to start an argument but there's a fairly recent study that suggests that raised food bowls are not necessary to prevent bloat! My girl will only eat out of a bowl if its on the floor- she would fling everything out of a raised bowl onto the floor and then eat it! 3.Ours eats like a giraffe drinks - legs akimbo :))) この3つの文を日本語に訳していただけませんか?よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 空欄補充問題(英語) 至急お願いします。

「次の英文(a)(b)において,それぞれ前後がつながるようにするには空欄にどのような文を入れればよいか。それぞれ全体の内容を考えて,適切な英文1文を8~15語で書け。」 (a) In this country, traditionally people spent Saturday nights dining out and Sunday nights at home in front of the TV cheering on their favorite football team. But a few years ago games began appearing on TV on Saturdays as well as on Sundays. ( ). This is why restaurant owners have decided to boycott products advertised during televised matches. (b) Today, an average American home is full of labor-saving devices like washing machines and dishwashers. ( ) . Thus, average homemakers spend as much time doing housework now as fifty years ago about fifty two hours a week. Although they have the benefit of countless devices, they now have larger houses to clean, higher standards of cleanliness, and more wide-ranging life-styles, all of which keep them busy. 自力で解答に辿り着けませんでした。何方か教えてください><