• ベストアンサー

この文でわからないところがあります。

kuugo_tの回答

• kuugo_t
  • ベストアンサー率13% (2/15)
回答No.3

that is where の that が a bell curve を指す点、they should fall の they が IQ scores を指す点に気づけば、構文が見えてくると思います。私はこの分野の知識があるわけではないですが、英文情報だけを見ると、主文では IQ scores が a bell curve に fall into するんだと言っています。その理由として、that (=a bell curve) が、they (=IQ scores) が fall するはずの場所であると、計量心理学者が考えたことが補足されています。それ以上は、その分野の知識でつじつまが合うかだと思います。(#1の補足でもありますが。)

ayakakaya
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなってごめんなさい。どうもありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• (英語)映画でわからないところがあります。

映画(An education)を見ていてわからないところがあり、質問させていただきます。 The trouble is that's where St John's Smith Square is. この文で、that's ~の部分がしっくりきません。 The trouble is where~ではなくthat is where となるのはなぜでしょうか? 似たような文をtedで見つけました。 I have one last thought, which is that it really makes a difference what we say-- the wards that come out of our mouth. このwhichはone last thought なのはわかるのですが、このitはなんでしょか? 私なら、 I have one last thought, which is that makes a difference what we say~ にしてしまいます。 これもちょっとしっくりきませんが。。 よろしくお願いします。

• 訳と文構造を教えて欲しいです。

訳を聞きたいです。 よく分かっていないので易しく教えて欲しいです。 (1)I suppose one trouble with Darwinism is that, as Jacques Monod perceptively remarked, everybody thinks he understands it. 私は進化論の一つの問題は、ジャック・モノの言うように、みんなが彼がそれを理解すると思うことだと思う。 この訳はどうでしょうか? もっと分かりやすい訳を教えて欲しいです。 (2)It is, indeed, a remarkably simple theory, childishly so, one would have thought, in comparison with almost all of physical and mathmatics. 区切りが多くて分からないんですが、順番を変えると one would have thought a remarkably simple theory.ということでしょうか? どうして主語が後ろのほうに行って、soは中途半端な位置にあるのでしょうか? It is はどことつながっているんでしょうか? 難しくて分かりません。 (3)It amounts simply to the idea that non-random reproduction, where there is hareditary variation, has consequences that are far-reaching if there is time for them to be cumulative. 文の構造が知りたいんですが It amounts simply to the idea(non-random reproduction, where there is hareditary variation) has consequences(Itの動詞部分と目的語) (目的語を修飾する文章)are far-reaching if there is time for them to be cumulative という感じでいいんでしょうか? 自信がないんですが・・。 長くなりましたが、おねがいします。

• that は義務的に省略されるのでは?

Our planet is called the Earth. It is the only planet where we know that plants, animals, and people live. という文がありました。2文目の we know that の that は省略しないといけないのではないでしょうか? He is the man who I thought was honest. のような文では、I thought that の that は省略されるはずです。これは、あとに was という動詞が来ているから省略なのでしょうか? 後にSVが続いていたら、省略しなくていいのでしょうか? また、最初の文のように関係代名詞ではなく、関係副詞のときは省略しなくてもいいのでしょうか?

• 聞き取れませんでした

下のリンクは二人の天気予報官がウインターストームについて話しているビデオです。冒頭から女性の予報官がこんな感じで会話をはじめます。 Confidence is high, Chris, that we're going to see significant winter storm. Where confidence is kind of wavers a little bit is in any amount of snow that certain areas are going to ( ). 最後のgoing toの後がはっきりしません。それとthat certain areas...のthat はsnowにかかっているのでしょうか。 解説いただけると幸いです。 https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/videos/gallery/chief-meteorologist-explains-where-the-significant-snow-is-likely-to-fall-in-ontario/sharevideo/5991137195001

• どなたか英訳をお願いします

洋楽の一部なんですがどなかた訳していただけませんか? Now you see I never thought this day would come, When I fall so hard for that special one, You complete me, your a neccessity, And every color of yours is complementary. お願いします。

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

It is scarcely too much to say that the Norman Conquest transformed the English launguage, and therefore its litereture. French became the language of the upper classes in their castles and fortified manor-houses, English the language of the hovel, where illiterate serfs modified or dropped the elaborate literary inflections, and the artificial poetic diction of the minstrels’ word-hoars was forgotten. As a result, though the twelfth century was a brilliant period of Anglo-Latin lit-erature, English prose was written mainly for the edification of the masses, and poetry scarcely at all.

• 単語「hurt」からの疑問?

単語「hurt」からの疑問? NHKラジオ英会話講座より I took a fall yesterday. I wasn't hurt. But my head hit a railing. I got my bell rung. I saw stars at that moment. 昨日転んじゃってさ。怪我はしなかったんだけど。でも、手すりに頭をぶっつけて。頭を強く打ったから。その瞬間、目から火が出たよ。 質問: I wasn't hurtでお尋ねします。 1-1)hurtは形容詞ですね?それと過去分詞で受動態ですか? 1-2)「怪我をする」はI hurt.では間違いですね?I hurt.を日本語にするとどのような訳になりますか? 1-3)自動詞と他動詞で使い方や意味が違いますね?ご説明をお願いできますか?  たかが簡単な単語に悩まされています。なにかアドバイスをお願いいたします。 I got my bell rung.でお尋ねします。 2-1)got one's bell rungは「頭を強く打つ」というイディオムですが、rungは過去形ですか?それとも過去分詞?「ベルの環」であれば名詞の「bell ring」でないかと考えたりしています。参考ご意見をお願いいたします。以上

• Total revenue & demand curve

Total revenue is at a maximum at that point on a demand curve where the price elasticity of demande (absolute value) is equal to one. True or False? Explain. この問題の答えがTrueなのは分かるのですが、証明が出来ません。答えが分かる方がいればアドバイスお願いします。

• [英語]()に入るものを教えて下さい><

1. Little () that Keiko would fail the exam. (1) I thought (2) did I think (3) I didn(t think (4) didn't I think 2. I wonder how much () to get a digital camera. (1) does it cost (2) it costs (3) costs it (4) costs 3. An accident deprived (). (1) his sight (2) him of his sight (3) him his sight (4) his sight from him 4. English physicist Isaac Newton () to be the father of modern science. (1) says (2) is said (3) tells (4) is told 5. () seems to be something wrong with the engine. (1) It (2) What (3) There (4) That 6. Many cancers can be cured if () at an early stage. (1) discover (2) to discover (3) discovering (4) discovered 7. () was it that won first prize in the speech contest? (1) Who (2) Where (3) What (4) How 8. () is important in learning English is to practice it every day. (1) It (2) That (3) What (4) Nothing

• 英文チェックしてください

English education in japan is very bad, because which mainly focus on input way of studying such as listening and reading, on the other hand, we don't usually practice output such as writing and speaking. Even though, we have been studying English from middle school to college. TOEFL(test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers) score of Japan is at the worst level in Asia. On the other hand, Germany people can speak English very well because English education system in Germany is very good, which focus on more practical, so that people can speak English, they spend more time to speak and writing instead of listening and reading.