• ベストアンサー

トリビアで困ってます

penta9nの回答

• penta9n
  • ベストアンサー率35% (12/34)
回答No.6

辞書でも間違っていることがあるし,まして高校レベルの参考書なんて間違いが全くないはずがありません。だから,私は辞書や参考書類は複数持っています。 ただ,"Not both of us."のような形が実際の英文では使われることがあります(A taste for death. James, P D. London: Penguin Group, 1989)。

関連するQ&A

• not both of で部分否定出来ない理由

ある参考書の一文です Not both of my parents were injured in a traffic accident.とすれば部分否定になるのですか? それがそうとはいかないんだ、理屈ではそうなんだろうけども、bothの場合には、Not bothが文頭にくる言い方はないんだ。 それでは部分否定にするにはどうすればよいのですか? Only one of my parents was injured in a traffic accident. と、Only one ofを使うしかないね。 否定も結構ややこしいですね。 と記載されていました。 Not all of等といった言い方はあるのにbothだけが駄目な理由が気になり質問したところ、 either of とすればいいから、not both of にならないんじゃない?という人がいました。 皆さんはどう考えますか?

• bothとallについて

小ネタなので二つ続けて質問させてください。 1、Her parents are both graduates from Yale. 2、I like them both. という二つの文で、bothが名詞の前と後にそれぞれ来てますが、どうしてなんでしょう。 ・Her parents are graduates both from Yale. ではダメなんですか? それとこれは別でallの用法についてなんですが、 We all criticized his new book. という文があったとして、このallを 「私たちみんな」とするのか、「私たちはすっかり(しつくした)」とするのか、 その判断の基準はどこにあるんでしょうか。 主語が複数だったら「~みんな」になるんでしょうか。

• 英文法

Both of my parents love music. Both my sons are in the army. 上の英文のように、bothの後ろにはofがつくときと つかないときとがあると思うのですが、どういうときに つくものなのでしょうか?

• [英語です

everyone (need) clean air. need かneeds (every )side has some good argument. eachか every Not (all) car journeys are necessary.  every , all , eachか It will take some time to rid the world of (every) congestion.  every, all,eachか 選択問題です  かっこの中が自分お答えなのですが丸付けお願いします。 よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have a 9-year-old grandson, "Bradley." He has been in and out of our lives, mainly because of the fact that his mother, "Jill," and my son, "Andrew," are not married and my son is not to have custody of Bradley at all. Jill and Bradley have mainly lived with Jill's parents. my son is not to haveはmy son will not haveということでしょうか?何か違いはあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 中3 英語期末テストの模範解答を教えて下さい

(1) 駅へ行く途中、私は旧友に会いました。 I met an old friend of (      )(      )the way to school. (2) 私たちがお互いに助け合うことはとても大切なことです。 1.It is very important for us to help (e     )(      ) 2. It is very important for us to help (o      )(      ) (3) We enjoyed talking each other.(誤りを正しなさい) (4) 庭には赤い花もあれば黄色い花もあります。 In our garden,(      )flowers are red and (      )are yellow. (5) (      )of them has his own room. ア Each イ All  ウ Every エ Some (6) あなたたちのうちのどちらかがすぐに行かなければなりません。 (      )of you(      ) to go at once. (7) All of the students want to see Mr.Brown.(下線部をEveryに変えなさい) (8) I don’t know both of the girls.(和訳しなさい) (9) I caught(      ) first train yesterday. (冠詞を書きなさい。必要なければ×)        以上、よろしくお願いします。

• 部分否定、全否定の基本について

(1)Not both of them like Enligsh. 「どちらも英語が好きなわけではない。」 は = Both of them don't like English. でも同じ意味ですよね? つまり、否定する語をnotの近くに置かなくてもちゃんと部分否定をしてくれるかということです。 (2)We don't always play tennis on weekends.「私たちはいつも週末にテニスをするわけじゃない。」=We don't play tennis every weekend. not とevery がはいっているからOKかと思っています。 それとも常にnotに近い場所に部分否定したい語を配置する必要があるのでしょうか?

• 英語→日本語をお願いします

日本語訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m Consider the conversations that we overhere as if we were invisibule, not really there, standing beside someone using a cell phone in a public plac e. The "it" factor is all around us. Earlier this year, at the lical post office, I overheard a man standing that he and his spouse really shouldn't be punching the children because one day the kids might tell their teachers. Observe parents with children in baby carriages or in parks. Many no longer interact with those children, introducing them to the community. Instead, parents are on cell phones, ignoring their public. They are "it's", too. When many of us were being raised, parents who did not interact with us in public were either alcoholic or dysfunctional. And even those thought us three words that saved many of us from injury or death: Look both ways. Children reared by cell phone parents do not look both ways when they step off the curb. Nobody has informed them of the danger.

• both は is ? are?

「ふたつとも私のものです」といいたいとき、次のどちらが正式なのでしょうか。 Both (are/is) mine. 「それらすべてが私のモノです」といいたいとき、正式は次のどちらになりますか。 All of them (is/are) mine.

• 和訳をお願いします!!!

effective schools are indeed more likely to have supportive parents, though the differences are not always as large as might be expected. The smallest differences are in direct parent involvement, In effective and ineffective schools , parents are about equally likely to attend parent-teacher conferences, visit classes. and phone the school about problems. Parents do attend more PTA meetings at effective schools than at ineffective ones, but at both types of schools only a small minority of parents attend. The differences between schools are greater when we look at parent involvement from the other direction.