• ベストアンサー

和訳テスト

月曜日に英語のテストがあるのですが,どうしても上手く訳せない文章があるのでわかる方がいましたら教えてください。 1.Now that the county was fighting civil war, they reasoned,Lincoln could use those special powers to abolish slavery. 2.Slaverowners considered their slaves to be property, and the U.S.Constitution,which had been adopted in 1787, protected the citizen's right to own property. 1はthey reasoned「彼らは理由付けた」をどこに入れれば良いのかがしっくりこず,2は全体的に上手く訳せません。(わからない単語はないんですが…) すいませんが何方か手助けお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • thecloud
  • ベストアンサー率57% (12/21)
回答No.1

こんばんは。英語が母国語ですがまだ日本語を勉強していますので、英語の文章の意味が分っていますが、通訳してみた日本語が可笑しいかもしれません。 それでは: 1は「国が内戦を戦っていたのでリンカーンはその特権を使い奴隷制度を廃止することが出来る、と彼らが推理した。」 2は「奴隷の主は奴隷が自分の所有物だと考えていて、しかも1787年に採用されたアメリカの国憲法が国民の所有権を守っていた。」 とのようになると思います。

redrich
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 英語が母国語の方の回答は心強いです。日本語頑張ってください。

その他の回答 (2)

• john1983
  • ベストアンサー率12% (1/8)
回答No.3

回答番号No.2のものです。 1.国が内戦状態にあるので、 ↓ 1.国が内戦状態にあったので、 に訂正します。 この部分が現在形なのは、なんとなく違和感がありますので。

redrich
質問者

お礼

わざわざありがとうございます。

• john1983
  • ベストアンサー率12% (1/8)
回答No.2

1.国が内戦状態にあるので、彼らは、リンカンが特権を行使し奴隷制度を廃止できると判断した。 2.奴隷の所有者は奴隷を自身の財産と考え、また、1787年に採用された合衆国憲法は市民の財産権を保護した。 Now {that the county was fighting civil war}, they reasoned,【Lincoln could use those special powers to abolish slavery】. {}なので彼らは【】と判断した。nowは接続詞です。 {Slaverowners considered( their slaves to be property)}, and 【the U.S.Constitution,[which had been adopted in 1787], protected the citizen's right to own property】. {Slaverownersは()と考え},and【[]であるthe U.S.Constitutionは市民の財産権を保護した】。 {}はconsiderの用法がわかれば訳せる。 【】もthe U.S.Constitution,[]は関係代名詞の非制限用法です。the U.S.Constitutionを詳しく説明するものです。right to own propertyは直訳すると、財産を有する権利、となります。つまりthe U.S.Constitutionが主語で、protectedが述語動詞、the citizen's rightが目的語です。

redrich
質問者

お礼

細かく親切な回答をありがとうございます。大変助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文についての質問です。

What was the 3/5 compromise?という質問に対しての回答を探しました。 The southern states wanted their slaves to be counted. Their purpose was simply to maximize their influence in the new government. Virginia had 500,00022 free people and 300,000 slaves. South Carolina had 140,000 free people and just over 100,000 slaves. The other southern states had 1/3 or more of their total population as slaves. The northern states, by contrast, were critical of slavery and had fewer slaves in their population. Pennsylvania had 430,000 free people, but less than 4,000 slaves. Massachusetts was the second largest state with 475,000 people, but had no slaves. These northern states objected that the southern states treated slaves as property, to citizens, so it was inappropriate to count them at all for purposes of representation. * In the end they compromised on including 3⁄5 of a state’s slaves in determining their population for determining how many Representatives they would get in the House. つまり最後の文章の、「国の奴隷の3/5を含めた住民数で、人口を決定することに妥協した。これがThe 3⁄5 Compromiseだ。」ということでいいでしょうか?

• 和訳をお願いします。

Between 1803 and 1854, the United States achieved a vast expansion of territory through purchase, negotiation, and conquest. At first, the new states carved out of these territories entering the union were apportioned equally between slave and free states. It was over territories west of the Mississippi that the proslavery and antislavery forces collided. With the conquest of northern Mexico west to California in 1848, slaveholding interests looked forward to expanding into these lands and perhaps Cuba and Central America as well.[45][46] Northern "free soil" interests vigorously sought to curtail any further expansion of slave territory. The Compromise of 1850 over California balanced a free soil state with stronger fugitive slave laws for a political settlement after four years of strife in the 1840s. But the states admitted following California were all free: Minnesota (1858), Oregon (1859) and Kansas (1861). In the southern states the question of the territorial expansion of slavery westward again became explosive. Both the South and the North drew the same conclusion: "The power to decide the question of slavery for the territories was the power to determine the future of slavery itself." Sen. Stephen Douglas, author of the Kansas–Nebraska Act of 1854. Sen. John J. Crittenden, of the 1860 Crittenden Compromise. By 1860, four doctrines had emerged to answer the question of federal control in the territories, and they all claimed they were sanctioned by the Constitution, implicitly or explicitly. The first of these "conservative" theories, represented by the Constitutional Union Party, argued that the Missouri Compromise apportionment of territory north for free soil and south for slavery should become a Constitutional mandate. The Crittenden Compromise of 1860 was an expression of this view.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (26) In the end, he was killed at the height of the powers by men he thought were his friends. It was particularly sad that Brutus was among the assassins. According to Suetonius, Caesar, as he wasdying, turned to Brutus and said, “You too, my son?” (27) Brutus didn't feel guilty about betraying Caesar. He was proud of it. His ancestor was the Brutus who had expelled the last King, Tarquin the Proud, from Rome. Brutus issued a coin to celebrate the Ides of March as Caesar's assassination day. The coin shows the deadly daggers that had killed Caesar and the “cap of liberty” traditionally worn by slaves after they were freed. Brutus bragged that he had saved Rome from slavery. (28) But the murder of Julius Caesar did Rome no good. The city faced another 13 years of civil unrest and war. Assassination did help Caesar's reputation, though. In his will, Caesar left a gift of money to every Roman citizen. More that ever, he was the common man's hero, so admired that later rules of Rome adopted the name Caesar. (29) Brutus and his friends thought they were serving Rome and saving the Republic by killing a man who had become too powerful, a man they feared might make himself king. They were shortsighted. The Republic was already dying...almost dead. Rome would soon be dominated by a single ruler. That man would be Caesar's great-nephew and heir, Augustus Caesar.

• 和訳をおねがいします。

While the South moved towards a Southern nationalism, leaders in the North were also becoming more nationally minded, and they rejected any notion of splitting the Union. The Republican national electoral platform of 1860 warned that Republicans regarded disunion as treason and would not tolerate it: "We denounce those threats of disunion ... as denying the vital principles of a free government, and as an avowal of contemplated treason, which it is the imperative duty of an indignant people sternly to rebuke and forever silence." The South ignored the warnings: Southerners did not realize how ardently the North would fight to hold the Union together. Main article: United States presidential election, 1860 The election of Abraham Lincoln in November 1860 was the final trigger for secession. Efforts at compromise, including the "Corwin Amendment" and the "Crittenden Compromise", failed. Southern leaders feared that Lincoln would stop the expansion of slavery and put it on a course toward extinction. The slave states, which had already become a minority in the House of Representatives, were now facing a future as a perpetual minority in the Senate and Electoral College against an increasingly powerful North. Before Lincoln took office in March 1861, seven slave states had declared their secession and joined to form the Confederacy.

• 和訳をお願いします...!!!

脳構造の話のオチですが、 イマイチわからないのでお願いいたします。。。 other studies show that people who continue to challenge themselves intellectually have lower rates of Alzheimer's disease and other forms of mental decline. Neurologists who have conducted such work recommed that people continue to enagage in everything from crossword puzzles and book clubs to college courses and political debate. they can take up a musical instrument. Or learn a new language as Rita did. Not only will these takes keep aging minds sharp, they will give their owners a sense of satisfaction in their never-ending mental powers.

• 和訳をお願いします。

But on July 4, Austria-Hungary annulled this secret agreement under the pretext that Ukraine had not delivered to it the amount of grain promised under the treaty. It is believed that this action was the result of Polish pressure. The Central Powers signed a separate Treaty of Brest-Litovsk with Bolshevist Russia on March 3, 1918. Russia agreed to recognize the concluded treaty with the Ukrainian People's Republic and to immediately sign a peace treaty with Ukraine, to define the borders between Russia and Ukraine without delay, to clear the Ukrainian territory of Russian troops and the Russian Red Guard, as well as put an end to all agitation or propaganda against the government or the public institutions of the Ukrainian People's Republic (article 6). The treaty immediately caused much opposition among Poles, particularly those in Austria-Hungary. Polish politicians in the Austrian parliament immediately began their protests, paralyzing the parliament; civil servants began a strike, and spontaneous demonstrations took place in various cities and towns. Most notably, the Polish Auxiliary Corps refused to follow Austrian orders, and after the battle of Rarańcza broke through the front lines to join Polish forces in the Russian Civil War. Although the Austrian government in Vienna withdrew from parts of the treaty, the damage it had caused to Polish-Austrian relations was significant, and the pro-Austrian and anti-independence faction of Polish-Austrian politicians was permanently weakened. The treaty of Brest-Litovsk provided the Ukrainian People's Republic with German and Austro-Hungarian military aid in clearing Bolshevik forces from Ukraine in February–April 1918, but the treaty also meant that the Entente Powers suspended relations with the Ukrainian People's Republic. Soon, however, the invited foreign forces from the Central Powers were seen as occupants by a major part of the Ukrainian population and also parts of the Tsentralna Rada. In late April the German Supreme Commander in Ukraine, Hermann von Eichhorn, issued an order making Ukrainians subject to German military courts for offenses against German interests, the First Ukrainian Division (the Blue coats) was disarmed, and German soldiers even arrested two ministers after they criticized the German actions.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (18) Slaves were sometimes able to gain their freedom legally. Freedmen, as these lucky ones were called, were usually educated people or household workers. Freed slaves, both men and women, could legally marry―though a former slave could not marry a senator. They were even allowed to own property. Although freedmen could live anywhere they liked, many stayed with their former masters to work for pay. They still needed to make a living. (19) Even though slaves had few possessions of their own, Roman mastes often gave gifts of money to hard workers. A slave could keep this gift, called a peculium, as his private property. Valuable slaves who were careful with their savings might eventually tuck away enough to buy their freedom. This system motivated slaves to work hard. It helped the masters too because, by the time a slave had saved enough money, he or she was probably growing old, and the master could use the money to auy another, younger, slave. (20) Many freedmen worked almost as hard as the slaves did. Most remained desperately poor. But at least as freedmen, they were servants who were paid for their work. And they could not be taken from their families and sold as Spartacus was.

• 和訳お願いします。

The Directors may from time to time appoint one(1) or more of their body to the office of Managing Director, for such period and on such terms and conditions as they think fit, and may entrust to and confer upon such Managing Director(s) any or all of the powers exercisable by the Directors generally subject to such restrictions as the Directors may impose. 自分が訳したのはこれです。ご指摘ください。 取締役は、時には、適切だと思う期間中に、適切だと思う条件及び状況に応じて取締役会の中から1名または1名以上の最高経営責任者を任命し、一般的に取締役会が制限する内容に従って最高経営責任者に取締役会が行使できるすべての権力を与える。

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、(A)(B)がでてきますが、そこにはHowever,In fact,On the contrary,As a matter of courseのどれかがはいります。;とかでてくるので訳す順番など悩みます。極端に意訳ではなく、文法、熟語など大事なところを押さえつつ自然な文に訳してもらえると助かります。多くの回答、お待ちしています。  When couples get married they usually plan to have children.Sometimes,houever,a couple cannot have a child of their own.In the case,they may deside to adopt a child.(A),adoption is very common today.There are about sixty thousand adptions each year in the U.S.alone.Some people prefer to adopt infants;others adopt older children.Spme couples adopt children from their own countries;others adopt children from foreigh countries.Some people adopt children of their same rase,white,black,Asian;others adopt children of different races.In any case,they all adopt children for the same reason:they care about children,and want to give their adopted child a happy life.This includes a comfortable home,a loving family,and a good education.  Most adopted children know that they are adopted.However,many adopted children,or(B),have very little imformation about their biological mother and father.As a matter of fact,it is often very difficult for adoptees are usually not made public.The information is confidential,so no one can see it.This protects both adoptees and their natural parents.  Naturally,adopted children have different feelings about their birth parents.  Many adoptees want to search for them,but others do not.Jake,13,was adopted when he was only two and a half months old.He says,“I don´t think I´ll ever search for my birth mother.I might want to get some more facts,but I don´t feel I really want to go look.Maybe she would be awful and I´d just be disappointed.”Carla,who is 12,was adopted when she was four years old.Her adoptive parents also adopted another little girl.Carla says,“Sometimes my sister and I will talk.She says she doesn´t want to look for her birth mother,but I have mixed feelings.Sometimes I feel I want to look for her―but sometimes I don´t want to look for her at all because I´m scared of finding out what her reactions would be.I worry that she´ll have a whole new life and I would just be interfering with that new life.”Sue,who is 13,was adopted when she was a baby.She says,“I think adopted kids should be allowed to search whenever they´re ready.They need to know where they come from and what their medical history is.As soon as I searched and found the information I was looking for,I felt more worthwhile in the world.Beforehand,a part of me had always been missing.” 

• 英文に関する質問

6. Where did the federal government’s powers come from? という質問があるのですが、 As we shall see in a later chapter, American federalism has evolved dramatically since the Constitution was adopted, giving the federal government the kind of authority over the states that many of the Convention delegates feared. ここで述べられていることを参考にし、 The federal government's powers come from giving the federal government the kind of authority over the states that many of the Convention delegates feared. (連邦政府の権限は、多くの条約代表者が懸念している州に対する連邦政府の権限を与えることから来ている。) としたのですが、こちらでいいでしょうか? 英文の添削、また質問の趣旨に合っているかを教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。