• ベストアンサー

この英文で大丈夫でしょうか?

下の英文で、おかしなところをどなたか直していただけないでしょうか? The first week of this month was a holiday in Japan. During the holiday, I had a drive with my friend around Shikoku. It took us several days. My friend drove the car and I navigated with a map. It was so much fun! When I felt carsick, I 顔を出した (←どう訳せばいいでしょうか?) from the car window to see the sky. One night, the moon was hiding itself behind the cloud. There was a myriad of stars twinkling in the jet-black world. It was so beautiful that even I got a fright. I couldn't help crying out "Waoooh!" (今月の一週目は全て休日でした。私は友人と一緒に四国中をドライブしました、何日もかけて。私の友人が運転担当、私は地図を見ながらの道案内担当でした。とても楽しかったです。車に酔うと私は窓から顔を出して空を見上げました。ある晩、月が雲の後ろに隠れてしまっていました。漆黒の夜空に星だけが無数に輝いていていました。綺麗すぎて怖くなりました。思わず「わーーー」って叫んじゃいました。) 気付いた点、何でもかまいませんので指摘ください。お願いいたします!

• no9tm
  • お礼率97% (79/81)
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • enna2005
  • ベストアンサー率40% (333/819)
回答No.1

車の窓から顔を出した=I stuck my head out of the window. to see the skyよりもand look up the skyと続ける方が良いと思います。あと It took us several days to go around.はどうですか? the moon was hiding itself behind the cloud.のitself はなくてもいいです。 It was so beautiful that even I got a fright. I couldn't help crying out "Waoooh!" =so beautiful that I got even scared. =so beautiful that it even scared me. It made me want to scream "Waoooh!" と私ならこうします。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

stuck my head outなんですね、そしてand look upですね、なるほど! to go aroundは確かに必要ですね、これがないと「何が?」って感じですね ^^; hideは「隠す」とだけ記憶していました。「隠れる」という意味にもなるんですね。ああもっと勉強しなくては…。 最後の文は特に自信がなかったので直していただけて本当に嬉しいです!scareを使う方が自然ですね、納得です。 とても勉強になりました、どうもありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (4)

回答No.5

No.3 で回答したものです。結論からいいますとどちらもご指摘のとおり my friend I wentはmy friend and I wentでいいんですよね? →スミマセン、and が抜けてました。 あと、went driving Shikoku for daysですが、これは私の単純な頭で考えるとwent driving around Shikoku for daysとなってしまうんですが、こんなふうにaroundを入れてしまうのは野暮なんでしょうか →これもご指摘のように 「(ある一定の地方の)あちこちを旅行する」という意味ならaround があったほうがよいと思います。

参考URL:
http://www.node-net.jp/node/English/English_13.html
no9tm
質問者

お礼

ふたたび回答いただきどうもありがとうございます! そうですか、aroundは必要ですか、なぜかaroundが思い浮かび頭から離れなかったわけですが、きっとどこかでdriving aroundっていう表現を耳にした事があったからなんでしょうね。URLどうもありがとうございました、とてもわかりやすかったです!!

• enna2005
  • ベストアンサー率40% (333/819)
回答No.4

すみません、再びno.1のものです。少し訂正と追加させて下さい。 窓から頭を出したのは酔って気分が悪かったからですよね?あなたの日本語訳通りに、と思ったので look up the sky(さっきの文で私はlooked up と過去形にするのを忘れていました。ごめんなさい)にしたんですが、気分をよくするためにしたことなら、 I stuck my head out of the window to get(またはfeel)some fresh air.で、空を見上げた、よりいいかも知れません。最初こうしていたのですが日本語訳をみて忠実に、と思ったんです。 The first week of this month was a holiday これは他の回答者さんも手を入れておられますが、 私もやはりweek に対してa holiday が単数なので これをa holiday week にすれば一週間丸ごと休みだとすることが出来ると思います。ゴールデンウィークですよね?説明すれば Having three national holidays happen to fall on the same week, plus the weekend makes the whole week off if the calender is kind ,or even if they are steppingstone holidays(またはoff-and on-holidays), most of the workers take the whole week off to make it a long vacation. このようになるかと思います。 長々とごめんなさい。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

ふたたび回答くださってありがとうございます! >< そうですね、私が書いた原文だと、「酔ったから窓を開けた」までは自然ですが、その行為と「空を見上げた」という行動をくっつけてしまっているところが唐突でしたよね、これでは訳者さんを惑わせてしまいますよね、ごめんなさい ^^; といっても実際に「気分が悪くなったので窓を開け」、そして無意識のうちに「空を見上げていた」ので、enna2005さんが初めにくださった訳が原文には一番近いと思いますよ ^^ holidayは複数にしなければならなかったんですね~。もしくはa holiday weekですね、勉強になります。ゴールデンウィークの説明の仕方まで英文でくださって、あぁ助かります… ぜひ使わせていただきます! 本当にどうもありがとうございました!!

回答No.2

私ならこうする、という程度のものですのでご参考までに。質問あればよろしく。最後のほうは文学的表現なので少々自信なし(笑) The first week of this month was a holiday in Japan. → There are holidays in the beginning week of May in Japan. During the holiday, I had a drive with my friend around Shikoku. It took us several days. → In the holidays, my friend I went driving Shikoku for days. My friend drove the car and I navigated with a map. → The friend drove and I advised him of the route by checking maps. It was so much fun! When I felt carsick, I 顔を出した (←どう訳せばいいでしょうか?) from the car window to see the sky. → It was great touring! Sometimes, when I felt carsick, I had a window opened to let the fresh air in. One night, the moon was hiding itself behind the cloud. There was a myriad of stars twinkling in the jet-black world. It was so beautiful that even I got a fright. I couldn't help crying out "Waoooh!" → One night, I saw a moon hidden back clouds. Also I saw a myriad of stars twinkling in the jet-black world. The beauty was even horrible. I couldn't help shouting "Waoooh!"

no9tm
質問者

お礼

とても自然な英文に変身していて感激です!特に「道案内をした」という表現や、「車に酔ったら窓を開けた」という表現、どちらもこなれた訳でたいへん勉強になります。最後の三文も素敵だと思います!ぜひ参考にさせていただきます ^^ えぇと、お言葉に甘えて、2、3質問などしていいでしょうか…? まずは確認ですが(単純な打ち忘れとは思いますが)、my friend I wentはmy friend and I wentでいいんですよね? あと、went driving Shikoku for daysですが、これは私の単純な頭で考えるとwent driving around Shikoku for daysとなってしまうんですが、こんなふうにaroundを入れてしまうのは野暮なんでしょうか? もしよろしければまたお返事お願いいたします。

回答No.3

私ならこうする、という程度のものですのでご参考までに。質問あればよろしく。最後のほうは文学的表現なので少々自信なし(笑) The first week of this month was a holiday in Japan. → There are holidays in the beginning week of May in Japan. During the holiday, I had a drive with my friend around Shikoku. It took us several days. → In the holidays, my friend I went driving Shikoku for days. My friend drove the car and I navigated with a map. → The friend drove and I advised him of the route by checking maps. It was so much fun! When I felt carsick, I 顔を出した (←どう訳せばいいでしょうか?) from the car window to see the sky. → It was great touring! Sometimes, when I felt carsick, I had a window opened to let the fresh air in. One night, the moon was hiding itself behind the cloud. There was a myriad of stars twinkling in the jet-black world. It was so beautiful that even I got a fright. I couldn't help crying out "Waoooh!" → One night, I saw a moon hidden back clouds. Also I saw a myriad of stars twinkling in the jet-black world. The beauty was even horrible. I couldn't help shouting "Waoooh!"

関連するQ&A

• 英文のおかしい所を直してください!

I went to a driving school and an ion on Saturday. In the morning, I ran on the street by car. It was very fun. I went to an ion with a friend in the afternoon. I was very glad to be able to do shopping. 宜しくお願いします!!

• よろしくお願いします

Last week, while helping a friend move, I parked on a hill in my small pickup truck with manual transmission. I was a bit nervous about moving it, so my friend offered to back it up for me. She (lightly) hit the car parked in front of mine. We decided that we would split the cost of whatever damages resulted. I took pictures of a very small smudge and even smaller dent on the other person’s car (with plates visible) and left a note with my first name and phone number on the windshield. I did not leave my insurance information because for a very small bumper dent, I would rather pay cash than see my rates go up. ratesとは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文のお手紙日本語に直してください

こんにちは、いつもお世話はになってます。少し長文ですが、 通訳してください。   Wow! 5 Kids. I dont have kids, and i'm not married yet. Well, I only left school a few weeks ago. I am going on holiday next week So i will take lots of photos and perhaps i can show them to you? I am staying in the UK for my Holiday so you will be able to see a bit of what it is like around here, :) It is summer here too and very Hot. I thought it would be winter in japan right now, seeing as it is on the other side of the world. Guess i was wrong :) I went to australia a couple of years ago and was told that it a very popular place for japanese tourists to go. Have you ever been there? I ended up being photographed with a large Japanese family while I was there because i had a very pretty bird sat on my hand.

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 On October Second ‘10 I had a holiday and went to car dealer. First, I went to Toyota to see Estima. As soon as I went there, I did test-drive one. It was comfortable, but it wasn’t more comfortable Alfard and Velfire. When all of salesman find I decided to buy a car, they surve me with the greatest survice. After Toyota, I went to Honda. But there was not a car I wanted. When I was about to leave the shop, the salesman tried to prevent me from leaving there by this way and that. When I was feeling an awkward situation, my mobile phone rang at a good timing. It called from Toyota and told me to leave my bag. I left there at once and came back Toyota to receive it. As soon as I arrived at there, the salesman brought my bag to me. I felt I was lucky, as I left the shop. If I left it another place, it wouldn’t come back me.

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 October 16th ‘10 I was busy today. As soon as I got up morning, I went to do rice-cake making. As a mallet of today was bigger than I had used ones of past, my arm パンパンになった。 And it was fine, I was tired a lot. After rice-cake making, I had to put a TV board together. But I had just bought some parts for that. When I got a call from the shop buying the TV, I was not easy a little. But I had a promise with my friends to go out to drink, I gave up it and did it. We met in grilled meet restaurant. We bought a 50percent off ticket of this restaurant with an internet. It was great and we would be full. As the TV will come to my house yester morning, I had better go to sleep early. It is almost 2 o’clock.

• 下の英文で不自然な言い回しや誤りがあれば教えてください。(改行などは気

下の英文で不自然な言い回しや誤りがあれば教えてください。(改行などは気にしないでください) Last night I had a couple of friends over to my house for drinks. I like to drink and I drank a lot. We enjoyed talking and drinking untill past 12a.m. I had to go to work also the next day, so my friends went home and I went to bed. This morning my alarm must have gone off at 6 o'clock. But I didn't realize it at all, because I was sleeping soundly due to having drunken too much and gone to bed so late. More than half an hour later I finally woke up. I was very surprized to look at the time. I jumped out of bed. My wife was ready for my breakfast but I had no time for eating it. I ran through the dining room with putting on my suit and rushed to the station. After arriving at the station, I still kept running in a great hurry, aiming to the train. However the train I wanted to take had just left. It was the last train by which I was in time for the office. I was so depressed by thinking of how I would be condemned by my boss in the office.

• 英文を訳し、( )の中に入る言葉を答えてください。

(1)の中に入る適切な言葉 (1)Including (2)Being included (3)Having been included (4)Included I used to hide my lunch so no one would see the bag or read the napkin, but that didn't last long. One of my friends saw the napkin one day, grabbed it, and passed it around the lunch room. My face burned with embarrassment. But to my astonishment, the next day all of my friends were waiting to see the napkin. From the way they acted, I think they all wished they had someone who would show them that kind of love. I was so proud to have him as my father. Throughout the rest of my high school years, I received those napkins, and I still have most of them. And still it didn`t end. When I left home for college, I thought the messages would stop. I thought the messages would stop. But my friends and I were glad that his gestures continued. I began getting letters almost every Friday. ( 1 ) along with the letters were usually drawings of our cat and dog, stick figures of him and Mom. He continued to include his mountain scene and the heart label. The mail was delivered every day right before lunch, so I'd have his letters with me when I went to the cafeteria. I realized it was useless to hide them because my roommate was a high school friend who knew about his napkins. Soon it became a Friday afternoon practice. I would read the letters, and the drawings would be passed around. It was during this time that Dad became stricken with cancer. When the letters didn't come on Friday, I knew that he had been sick and wasn't able to write. If he missed his Friday delivery, the letters would usually come a day or two later. But they always came. My friends used to call him "Coolest Dad in the Universe." One day they sent him a card awarding him that title, signed by all of them. I believe my dad taught all of us about a father`s love. I wouldn't be surprised if my friends started sending napkins to their children. He left an impression that would stay with us and inspire us to give our own children such a clear expression of our love.

• 英文これでいいですか?

〇車に財布忘れたから取りに行って来る I forget my walet in the car so I'll go to take. ★〇〇さんもあなたと一緒に来る? Are you going to be here with 〇〇? お願いします

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英文添削をお願いします。 29th September ‘10 Today, I worked in a relax mood, because my boss took a day off today. After working, I went out to drink with my friend of junior high school days. He is my best friend, so I could enjoy from the bottom of my heart. Especially when I lost my confidence now, this drink made me smooth over my hut feelings. I remembered that someone said , ‘If you drink, you should drink old alcohol. If you read a book, you should read old book. If you talk, you should talk with old friend.’ I thought I had a good day today.

• 英文を直してください!

When I was in elementary school student, There is the experience that my friend didn't understand my explanation. I taught a friend homework. She was very weak in arithmetic. Therefore I taught arithmetic. I explained it for me hard, She can't understand. After having been trobled, Friend and I went to a staff room. The friend understood the place that didn't know by the careful explanation of the teacher. The teacher of the school thought that teaching was really good. I noticed that it was very difficult to teach a person something. 日本語文 私は小学生のときに、友達に自分の説明を理解してもらえなかった経験があります。 私は友達に算数を教えていました。 彼女は算数がとても苦手でした。 そこで私は彼女に算数を教えていました。 私なりに一生懸命説明しましたが、彼女はなかなか理解して貰えませんでした。 困った挙げ句、私と友達は職員室に行きました。 友達は先生の丁寧な説明で分からないところを理解しました。 私は自分の教えかたはまだまだ未熟であったと理解しました。(ここの訳は分かりませんでした…) 学校の先生は本当に教えかたが上手だなと尊敬しました。 人に何かを教えることは簡単ではないことをとても実感しました。