Living with a Partner on Disability

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover what it means to be in a relationship with a partner with disabilities, specifically fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis.
  • Learn about the challenges faced when living with a partner on disability and how it can affect intimacy and everyday life.
  • Explore the emotional impact of supporting a disabled partner and the importance of self-care in the process.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

on disability

I have been in a relationship for four years. My partner has fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. When we met, he had just found out. He was still active, working, and we had sex regularly. Fast forward: He is now on disability, not working at all, we rarely sleep together and he never leaves the house. I love him still, but I didn't realize how hard this would be. I know he has a lot to cope with, but it's hard on me as well. on disabilityはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、it's hard on meはit's hard for meとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4078/5306)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

1。on disabilityはどのような意味でしょうか? これは、下記のように、Social Security Disability Insurance 社会保障制度身体障害者保険、ないし補助金を受け取る状態に(ある)」ということでしょう。  https://www.ssa.gov/disability/ 2。あと、it's hard on meはit's hard for meとどう違うのでしょうか?    on の意味の基本は「密着している」ということですから、it's hard on me の方が、it's hard for me よりも直接的で、切実な感じがします。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 「I have him」 「have ~ on one」の訳

日本語訳がよくわかりません。教えていただけませんか。 状況:スポーツ:試合中の技について勝者が2位について語っています。※大文字は意味がよくわからないところです。  「but TRICK FOR TRICK I think I HAD HIM.」 原文:I know you guys look at the one big trick he did, but trick for trick I think i had him. ・TRICK FOR TRICKとは何でしょうか?技のための技??? ・I HAD HIM 勝負はもらった、というような意味ですか?ぴったりな表現を教えていただけますか。  「I HAVE 技 ON him.」 原文: [相手] HAS [技] ON me, but I also do HAVE a few different tricks ON him. HAVE ~ ON ONE で負かした、やったという意味でしょうか? ぴったりな表現を教えていただけますか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

【至急】英語解読得意な方、和訳お願いします…!! I didn't intend to do that stupid things yesterday, but it forces me because every time we had some misunderstanding you always scared me to death...this not the matter of win or loss we just destructing each other., I think it's time to us to be separated, move on without any hatred forgive us each other for what we had done wrong ...since yesterday ,it relief the pain I felt and it's over. I did love you for the best I know , I dedicated most of my time waiting to see you for your free time, . But it still worthless .... Sometimes I kept asking my self why we still fighting., since we love each other.. Did you ever trust me?, or Did I ever trust you?, it's vice versa..we don't know, isn't it ?, because, it can't be us. Thank you for all the love and sacrifices you given me. And when the times come that we're free us together , I will grab that opportunity. Still wishing you the best, good luck!

• 完了形、過去完了形

(参考書より) The deaf person said he had been struggling for many years but he had now come to terms with his disability. had been... had ... となっているのは、 "said"言った、のが過去だから、という認識 で、have been...have..では"said"と合わず不自然、 という認識で合っていますか? また、この文章から、The deaf person said を 省いて、「その耳の聞こえない人は、長年苦悶し続けた が、今では自分の障害が受け入れられる」という事実だけ 書きたい場合、"has"か"had"どっちでしょうか?? The deaf person has been struggling for many years but he has now come to terms with his disability. ↑ こんな文章? 

• どのような意味でしょうか

Todd and I had been going out for eight months, spending every spare moment together and practically living together. He’s smart and funny, and we fit together so well at one point I thought he might be the one. Until last month. I live on a farm (Todd is definitely a city boy), and one morning I went out to fix my electric fence. I turned it off before working on it, of course, but while I was leaning over the top wire Todd thought it would be funny to turn it back on. Now this isn’t the electric fence from Jurassic Park, but it has a pretty powerful charger on it, and it knocked me back on my heels and made me cry out. knocked me back on my heelsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えください

About a year ago, I went on a few dates with "Daniel." I had a great time and was interested in what might come of it, but after those initial few dates, he started to fade away: He took longer to answer calls and texts, conspicuously left town right before Valentine's Day, became markedly less flirty when we did talk. I chalked it up to loss of interest and was unsurprised when I stopped hearing from him altogether. About a month later, he got in touch with me to let me know he felt bad about ghosting me, and that he had done so because things had gotten serious with someone else he had started dating around the same time, "Kate." At this point, he was happily in a relationship with her, and said he wished me well. Last week, he reached out to me on Facebook wanting to talk about [something involving a mutual interest of ours], and we met for coffee -- not a date, in my understanding. There, I found out that he has since broken up with Kate. He didn't immediately ask me out on an actual date, but he did so last night -- and now I owe him a response. On the one hand, I still really like this guy as a person; all the things that attracted me to him last year are still true, and I'm still single. On the other hand, it stings that -- oversimplification alert -- something about Kate caused him to choose her over me when we had both begun dating him at the same time. I owe him a response.とoversimplification alertの意味を教えください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

“The finest and happiest years of our lives,” he spoke on in triumph. ~ But what I still can't figure out is why I never got tired and why I never felt better in my life. I guess the answer is, we were fighting for survival, protecting and providing for those we loved” He went on setting me straight. “In this business of getting it made, it's not the great moments that count. It's the partial victories, the deadlocks, the waiting ― even the defeats. If we are ever unlucky enough to have it made, then we will be spectators, not participants. It's the journey, not the arrival, that counts in life.” 上記の和訳をお願いしたいのですが… 自力では曖昧なところが多くて>< 宜しくお願いします。

• comings and goings

My husband and I have been married for 20 years. We've had our share of ups and downs, but always managed to work our way through them. Last year, he decided he no longer wanted to be married, saying the last 20 years were not all that pleasant and we have never really gotten along. (As far as I know, there isn't another woman.) My problem is, for the most part, he still acts like he wants to be married. He has made no attempt to leave, tells me his comings and goings, asks me to have dinner together, etc. tells me his comings and goingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• push the subject

I have been with my boyfriend for four years and we have lived together from the beginning. He has always been secretive with his cellphone, but I knew the password and would occasionally check the time or look something up. We’ve had our trust issues with both of us doing things the other felt were major offenses (no cheating—that would be a deal-breaker for both of us), but I believe we’ve largely worked through them. I’m happy and satisfied with my relationship, with one exception: He blocked me on Facebook during a fight and refuses to re-add me despite the fight being over. He feels I was using it to “spy” on him. I simply get bored and scroll through his photos or occasionally look at his friends that like or comment on his page if I don’t recognize their name (he has lived all over the world and has many friends). He is fairly active on Facebook, posting photos of our dogs or sharing articles, funny memes, etc. I think it’s extremely embarrassing when a friend mentions something he posted and I have to pretend like I know what they are talking about. I also think it’s weird that he won’t allow me to be a part of the most public aspect of his life because he wants privacy. He thinks we can be in a relationship but not be friends on Facebook and when I try to talk about it he shuts the conversation down. Do I deal with it or push the subject? push the subjectはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have a good friend who has been like a kid brother to me. He has always been a very thoughtful, caring, respectful man whom I've gotten along great with. This man has autism and borderline intellectual functioning, so I have always explained things so that he can better understand. I have had him over for a meal on several occasions; we enjoy playing board games, and I have taken him on a few day trips. We care deeply for each other, not in a romantic way but like siblings. Enter his on-again, off-again girlfriend, who is physically, verbally and financially abusive. She has had him in tears, left marks on him and broken his glasses. Enter his on-again, off-again girlfriend,はどう訳したら良いでしょうか?あと、marksは「アザ」のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳を助けてください。アメリカと遠距離中(別れの危機)です。

下記の歌の訳をお願いします。 私は、現在アメリカの恋人と遠距離中です。今回、激しい感情の衝突があり、彼と別れるか真剣に悩んでいます。 そんな時、彼が「3 Doors Down - Here Without You」の歌を私に贈ってきました。 私の英語力では直訳になってしまい、どうもしっくりきません。 別れの危機的な状況なので、できる限り歌詞のニュアンスを正確に把握したいと思います。 どなたか、どうぞ助けてください。よろしくお願いいたします。 (長い訳詞になりますので、要約していただいて構いません) A hundred days had made me older Since the last time that I saw your pretty face A thousand lights had made me colder And I don’t think I can look at this the same But all the miles had separate They disappeared now when I’m dreaming of your face I’m here without you baby, but your still on my lonely mind I think about you baby, and I dream about you all the time I’m here without you baby, but your still with me in my dreams And tonight it’s only you and me The miles just keep rolling as the people either way to say hello I heard this life is overrated, but I hope it gets better as we go I’m here without you baby, but your still on my lonely mind I think about you baby, and I dream about you all the time I’m here without you baby, but your still with me in my dreams And tonight girl, it’s only you and me Everything I know, and anywhere I go It gets hard, but it won’t take away my love And when the last one falls, when it’s all said and done It gets hard, but it won’t take away my love