The Charm of Turned Up the Charm

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Turned up the charm is a phrase used to describe someone who suddenly becomes more charming, attractive, or persuasive than usual.
  • In the given context, turned up the charm refers to a married friend who made an extra effort to be more charming in order to win the narrator back, even though they were aware it was wrong.
  • Despite breaking off the relationship and going on a date with someone new, the narrator couldn't resist their married friend's charm and ended up starting the affair again.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

turned up the charm

He tells me he loves me, I tell him I love him, and this has been going on for a year. Knowing I was doing wrong, and that he'd never leave his big-time breadwinning wife, I broke it off and had a date with a wonderful new man. My married friend turned up the charm, I couldn't resist, and we started all over again! turned up the charmの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5368)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

turned up the charmの意味を教えてください。 turn up は、下記の句動詞の9「(機器)の温度や音量をあげる」時 turn up the heat とか turn up the volume と使います。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=turn+up  ですから魅力計のつまみを回して上げる > もっと魅力的になる でしょう。 

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• pick me up

My husband forces me to give him hugs. I know this sounds like a really stupid problem to have. He has created a “hug toll,” and he won’t let me leave the room until I give him a hug. Here are some examples. I am running late for work and need to rush out the door. He will physically block my exit until I give him a hug. He doesn’t do this in a way that will hurt me; he’ll just pick me up until I give him his hug then he’ll let me go. pick me upは「抱え上げる」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I'm in a Loving Relationship, but I'm Obsessed With Another Man Women throw themselves at him, and I've sworn him off numerous times. But then he tells me how much he needs me. .. Women throw themselves at him, and I've sworn him off numerous times.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• set oneself up for

I recently met a really nice guy and he asked me out. He is dying of cancer and has been given a year to live. I want to go out with him, but am I setting myself up for heartbreak? setting myself up forの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• two months and change in

Now, I’m in a new relationship, two months and change in, with someone who tells me often that he loves spending time with me, REALLY loves sex with me, is really attracted to me, all that business. two months and change inのtwo months inは2ヶ月目ということですよね?changeは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 動詞のguilt

My ex and I broke up almost a year ago and I’m still hurting from it, because I caused it. I would guilt him over everything—bringing up things he said or did years ago that still hurt me, getting jealous when he had something I didn’t—anything and everything. When I didn’t guilt him, he would guilt himself, and this went on for five years straight. 動詞のguiltはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• without a peep

I have been happily married to my husband for two years. While he is loving, and a good provider, he is not overly romantic. I would love nothing more than for him to surprise me with some flowers one day because he was thinking of me, but he's never given me flowers. Valentine's Day comes and goes without a peep from him. ここでのwithout a peepはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• comings and goings

My husband and I have been married for 20 years. We've had our share of ups and downs, but always managed to work our way through them. Last year, he decided he no longer wanted to be married, saying the last 20 years were not all that pleasant and we have never really gotten along. (As far as I know, there isn't another woman.) My problem is, for the most part, he still acts like he wants to be married. He has made no attempt to leave, tells me his comings and goings, asks me to have dinner together, etc. tells me his comings and goingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どうなっているのでしょうか

I'm having an affair with my doctor. He presented himself as a single guy who "did not want to commit." Later, I discovered he was married, but I continued to see him. A year passed, and I realized he'd started another relationship besides those with his wife and me. besides those with his wife and meのところは構造的にどうなっているのでしょうか?意味もよろしくお願いします

• 英語の聞き取り

機械を相手にヒアリングの勉強をしています。 ●<she looks at mirror> の<looks>は 何度聞いても<ウワークス>に聞こえる。 ●<He looks for me> の<looks>は 何度聞いても<ウワークス>に聞こえる。 ●<She tells him she loves him>の<loves>も<ウワークス>に聞こえる。 ●どれも、単語を区切って喋るのを聞くと(ゆっくり)<looks>は<ルックス>、 <loves>は<ラブス>と聞こえます。 ●反対にこちらが<ウワークス>と発音して機械に音声入力した時、一度だけ<looks>と翻訳されてしまいました。 その様に聞こえてしまうのはどうしてでしょうか? その人の喋り方の癖もあるかもしれませんが・・・。 ご指導下さればありがたいです。

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been married for seven years, and I care for him deeply. When we got married, I sold my house and he kept his as a rental, because he wanted the rental income. We bought a larger house than I wanted, but he wanted acreage and a detached garage. he wanted acreageとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします