What Does 'Acreage' Mean? Explanation and Examples

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Acreage refers to the measure of land area, specifically the total number of acres. It is commonly used when referring to large plots of land or rural properties.
  • In the context of the question, 'he wanted acreage' means that the husband desired to have a larger piece of land surrounding their house.
  • This could be for various reasons such as having more space for outdoor activities, gardening, or even privacy.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been married for seven years, and I care for him deeply. When we got married, I sold my house and he kept his as a rental, because he wanted the rental income. We bought a larger house than I wanted, but he wanted acreage and a detached garage. he wanted acreageとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"acre" は土地の面積を図る単位です。 "he wanted acreage" で「彼は(広い)敷地面積を望んでいた」すなわち「彼は広い敷地面積にこだわった」だと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.2

「私と夫は結婚して7年ですが、私は彼のめんどうを何から何までみています。結婚した時私は持っていた家を売ったのですが彼は家賃収入目当てで自分の家を売りませんでした。 私たちが買った家は私が望む以上に大きく、でも彼は広い敷地とはなれのガレージが欲しかったのです。」 he wanted acreage 広い敷地が欲しかった、と言う事でしょう。 ちなみにdetached garageですが通常アメリカの家は住居の一階の道路に面した部分が車庫になっていて車庫に車を入れてガレージドアを閉じたら玄関を通らずに家に入る構造なので、ガレージが独立していると言うとよほど敷地が大きい印象を受けます。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I've been married to "Ned" for 25 years, and each year it seems to get worse. When we married, he told me I could do whatever I wanted with the house, but he never said I'd be the one paying. The house was barely furnished, the bedding had holes in it, ここでpayingとは何を払うのでしょうか?あと、the beddingにtheが付いているのは「家の」と特定されているからでしょうか?in itはなくてもよさそうに思えるのですが、必要でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• comings and goings

My husband and I have been married for 20 years. We've had our share of ups and downs, but always managed to work our way through them. Last year, he decided he no longer wanted to be married, saying the last 20 years were not all that pleasant and we have never really gotten along. (As far as I know, there isn't another woman.) My problem is, for the most part, he still acts like he wants to be married. He has made no attempt to leave, tells me his comings and goings, asks me to have dinner together, etc. tells me his comings and goingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been together for a decade but for various monetary reasons are not legally wed. I have stayed out of his relationship with his daughter “Jessica.” I don’t think highly of her—she has been given every advantage in life and squandered it. She got pregnant in college and failed out (we paid for that), and managed to wreck her car (that her mother gave her). I thought she had finally grown up after she met and married “Kyle.” He works full-time and even adopted her son, but doesn’t make a lot of money. My husband sold his house and moved in with me four years ago. Our retirement plans were for both of us to keep working until now, then sell my house and buy a condo down South. A year ago in a moment of complete stupidity, I agreed to let Kyle, Jessica, and her son move into our house to save money so Jessica could go to school to become a stylist. I even switched my work schedule around so I could help with child care. 1 squandered itは「無駄にしてしまった」でしょうか? 2 fail outはdrop outと同意でしょうか? 3 switched my work schedule aroundの意味を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• 文が同じ意味になるようにしたいんですが…

あってますか(>_<)? 1、My wife is Mary. I got married to her twenty years ago. =Mary and I (have)(been)(married) for twenty years. 2、It is two years since my aunt died. =My aunt (has)(been)(died) for two years. 3、He is blind because he lost his sight as a child. =He (has't)(been)(?) since he was a child. この問題がよく分かりません(>_<) 分かるかたお願いいたします。 中学 高校 大学 英語

• carry the load

I've been married for 47 years to a man who is 13 years older than I am. He reminds me often that he is 86 and set in his ways. For much of our marriage, I have carried the load around the house, but now it is worse. My husband barely does anything. carried the load around the houseとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have been mostly happily married for 13 years. My husband and I get along really well, and I love him very much. That being said, he is not the most affectionate person anymore. We used to cuddle a lot when we were first married and I have told him how much I miss it. He says he doesn’t enjoy it because it’s too hot. He’ll make an effort to snuggle while watching TV sometimes if I ask, but I can tell while we’re doing it that he is counting the minutes until he can stop. snuggleとは具体的にどのようなことでしょうか?あと、while we’re doing it that のthatはどのような役割でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• turned up the charm

He tells me he loves me, I tell him I love him, and this has been going on for a year. Knowing I was doing wrong, and that he'd never leave his big-time breadwinning wife, I broke it off and had a date with a wonderful new man. My married friend turned up the charm, I couldn't resist, and we started all over again! turned up the charmの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

DEAR ABBY: Last year for my birthday, my husband asked me what I wanted for a gift. I told him I would like flowers once a month for one year. He's been pretty good about it. But I complained about the way I receive them, which is, when we are driving home in our truck (we work together) and it's nearing the end of the month, he'll pull into the parking lot at the grocery store, run in, come back and hand them to me. He always picks out a beautiful bunch, but my complaint was that it's never a surprise. He says he can't decide if I'm ungrateful or a spoiled brat. What say you and your readers? 1 He's been pretty good about it.はどう訳したら良いでしょうか? 2 ここでのbunchはどのような意味でしょうか? 3 最後の文の解説をお願いします。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

We recently moved into a house in a suburb that feels like a small town. We like the house, but I’m still not sure about leaving the city. My children love our front yard, and we play out there nearly every day. My children are young, 4 and 1 years old, and the back yard is a hill that is difficult to negotiate for my littlest. a hill that is difficult to negotiate for my littlestはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

As of this July, I will have been engaged for three years and with my boyfriend for 12. We have put off getting married for quite some time now and I have resigned myself to the fact that it may not happen. I set a date which then passed because he wanted his family present when we get married. He refuses to marry in the state his family is in because “I don’t live there and have any connection to there” he states. So, this involves his family having to come out here for us to get married. After many discussions, I have tapped out. I refuse to look at places to rent for this event or even set a date. His family thinks it is me that is putting on these demands but it’s not. I have now told him that I really don’t care if we get married (seriously, by now I’m just over it) but I get asked all the time “when are you getting married?” On one hand it’s pretty embarrassing that after 12 years we still can’t get it together. putting on these demandsとget it togetherの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします