• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

英文の邦訳

The CEOs of the largest companies were no longer able to run their firms, insulated from their owners (or from the capital market in general), confident in the knowledge that they were secure in their positions. 上記英文で前半部分の意味は明瞭ですが,最後に着いている,confident in the knowledge that they were secure in their positionsの意味が良く分かりません。 お分かりの方,いらしたら,御教示下さい。宜しくお願いします。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数2
  • 閲覧数52
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.2
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率81% (7586/9355)

>The CEOs of the largest companies were no longer able to run their firms, insulated from their owners (or from the capital market in general), confident in the knowledge that they were secure in their positions. ⇒大企業のCEOは、所有者(または資本市場全体)から隔離された状況では、もはや自らの地位の安泰を確信しつつ企業を経営することができなくなりました。 >上記英文で前半部分の意味は明瞭ですが,最後に着いている,confident in the knowledge that they were secure in their positionsの意味が良く分かりません。 ⇒「彼らが自分の地位に留まることを確信して(企業を経営することができなくなった)」という意味です。逆から言えば、「所有者(株主)や資本市場と無関係に(無視して)企業を経営したら、重役の地位も危ない」、ということですね。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英文の日本語訳について

My old friends looked more at ease and confident than they had been when they were in L.A. この文の日本語訳は、 「私の古き友人たちは、彼らがL.A.にいるときよりも、よりリラックスしていて自信があるように見えた」 となっています。 私には、when以下が全文にかかって、 「私の古き友人たちは、L.A.にいるときが、今までで一番リラックスしていて自信があるように見えた」 のように読み取れるのですが…。 My old friends looked more at ease and confident than they were in L.A. という文章ならばすんなり理解できますが、この場合はどのように解釈するべきなのでしょうか?

• 英文の邦訳

As in emerging markets without formal financial systems-where investors often lack principal protection, faith in accounting and confidence in government actions-nvestors make their choices purely on the consistency of payments. 以上の英文中,得に最後の,make their choices purely on the consistency of paymentsの意味内容が判然としません。お訳し頂ければ幸いです。お願い申し上げます。

• 英文訳を教えてください。

英文訳の質問です。 I don't know whether they are confident that I would stay anyway, or if they didn''t really need me. この場合、or 以下のif構文は、I don't know に続くのでしょうか?それとも、「もし・・・」と訳したらいのでしょうか? また、どうしてコンマで区切ってあるのですか? コンマで区切ってあるということは、何らかの意味はあると思うのですが、どうしても分かりません。 どなたか教えていただけたら助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (14916/31778)

「彼らの地位が安泰だという知識に自信を持っていて」ということでしょう。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

意味内容を重視して,逆接に繋いで,「経営することはできないから」「彼らの地位が安泰だという知識に自信を持っていていることも出来なくなった」というように理解したいと考えます。

質問者からの補足

前段が,「最早,彼らの企業を,その所有者から(あるいは資本市場一般から)隔離された状況で経営することはできない」という意味だとしますと,御指摘の邦訳では逆接になってしまいませんか?

関連するQ&A

• 英文の邦訳

Their clients are invested in a host of strategies, including ones that involve investment in competitors in the same industry as well as strategies in which they are not. 以上の英文の,onesおよびラストの in which they are notのtheyが何を指しているかを明示した,邦訳をお願い致します。

• 英文の邦訳

It would be a mistake, however, to assume from this study that interlocks “just do not predict much that is interesting in the strategic choices of firms” (1992:304). 上記英文のコーテーションマーク内の邦訳をお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳

In the end, we do best by allowing activist shareholders to bet their assets on their ability to persuade sophisticated institutional investors that they are right in their assessment of portfolio company strategy. 上記英文の邦訳をお願いします。

• can you be confident って?

この英文について教えて下さい。 Only by purchasing from such reputable companies can you be confident that you will receive the best products and services. 訳:最高の製品とサービスを受けられると確信できるのは、このような評価の高い会社から仕入れる場合に限られます。 Only by purchasing from such reputable companies can you be confident  は倒置なのでしょうか? can you be confident の部分について、助動詞canの次にyou というのがわかりません。 どなたか、教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳を願います。

In fairness to Davis, Yoo and Baker, at the time of their study, the trends that were evident a decade later were not as clear. It is therefore understandable that one could have interpreted the network as being highly stable. 上記英文の邦訳をお願い致します。

• 以下の英文を訳して下さい。

When the Australians reached the Ottoman trenches they found them roofed with pine logs with no easy entrance, which had not been identified by aerial reconnaissance during the planning stages. As the Ottoman defenders recovered from the artillery barrage, they began firing at the Australians through specially cut holes at point blank range. As the second and third waves of the attack came up, some of the Australians fired, grenaded and bayoneted from above, while some found their way inside through gaps or by lifting the logs, which were in places as thick as 4 inches (10 cm) by 9 inches (23 cm). Others ran on past to the open communications and support trenches behind, where they were able to gain access to the trenches; about 70 Ottoman troops were captured as they attempted to escape and ran into the Australians entering the trenches. Small groups of Australians managed to push through to The Cup where they were stopped by Ottoman troops who were hastily assembled to defend their regimental headquarters. In the ensuing fighting there, almost all of the Australians were killed, while a handful were taken prisoner. In the Ottoman trenches, the darkness and cramped conditions led to considerable confusion amongst the attackers. Due to concerns of shooting their comrades, the Australians were unable to fire their rifles initially, and the fighting devolved into a melee as the soldiers attacked each other with bayonets and grenades. The first Australians to enter the position were picked off by the defenders, but as the Australians established themselves in strength, they were able to break into the position before the defenders that had been sheltering in the tunnels behind the front line were able to fully respond. Over the space of half an hour the Australians took control of the position and, after ejecting the remaining Ottomans from the main trench, they established a number of defensive positions along the line. These amounted to positions in the communication trenches on the flanks of the captured ground and about seven or eight posts in the centre that were "isolated" but connected by hastily dug saps. For the Australians, the attack had been successful, as they had gained possession of the main Ottoman line, and after being halted at The Cup they began preparing to defend their gains. Hastily erecting sandbag barriers along the parapet, they settled down to wait for the first counterattack. As they did so, the brigade reserve—the 1st Battalion—was brought up. Due to crowding in the tunnels that had been used for the attack, the reinforcements were sent via the open ground that had been in front of the old Ottoman positions; despite being behind the recently captured position, the ground was still subjected to heavy Ottoman artillery and machine-gun fire, which was being poured down from positions in overwatch on the flanks.

• どちらの訳が正しい?

My old friends looked more at ease and confident than they had been when they were in L.A. 「私の古き友人たちは、彼らがL.A.にいるときよりも、よりリラックスしていて自信があるように見えた」 「私の古き友人たちは、L.A.にいるときが、今までで一番リラックスしていて自信があるように見えた」 whenがどこにかかるかで、訳が違ってきます。どちらが正しいですか?

• sure ofと that節

ある人とのdiscussionで結局どちらが正しいかわからないことがあります。 例えば、I am sure of his success.と I am sure that he will succeed.です。この使い分けができません。他にも、positive ofやconfident ofなどもそうです。どう違うのでしょうか?以下は私の考えですが、正しいでしょうか? I am confident of his success.は、どちらかというと主観的な響きがあり、「私はこう思う」と主張するカジュアルな表現。 I am confident that he will succeed.はthat節を使うことによって、客観的な響きを伴う。彼が成功する可能性は誰の目にも高いと、暗に主張している。やや硬い、ビジネスライクな表現。 どなたか正しいところを教えて頂けませんか?

• 英文の邦訳

But in corporate polities, unlike nation states, the citizenry can easily depart and not eat their own cooking. As a result, there is a danger that activist stockholders will make proposals motivated by interests other than maximizing the long-term, sustainable profitability of the corporation. 上記英文中の, in corporate polities, unlike nation states, the citizenry can easily depart and not eat their own cookingの意味が判然としません。お教え下さい。

• 英文法

下記英文の文法が理解できません。 どなかた解説いただけないでしょうか。 特に「... can you be ..」の箇所が???です。 Only by purchasing from such requtable companies can you be confident that you will recieve the best products and survices. 最高の製品とサービスを受けられると確信できるのは、このような評価の高い会社から仕入れる場合に限られます。