警察官によるセクハラ被害届の受理と訴えの勧め

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 警察官はセクハラ被害届を受理する準備ができているが、彼女に訴えるかどうか真剣に考えるよう勧めた。
  • 被害届を受理する準備ができている警察官は、訴えるかどうかを真剣に考えるように彼女に勧めた。
  • 警察官はセクハラ被害届を受理する準備ができているが、彼女には訴える前に真剣に考える時間を取るようアドバイスした。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

以下の英文についてお尋ねします。被害届

「その警察官は彼女にセクハラの被害届を受理する準備はできているが、するかどうか真剣に考えた後で彼を訴えるように勧めた(アドバイスした)。」 The police officer told her that they were rady to accept her sexual harassment complaint,but advised her to sue him after she thought seriously about whether she should do it or not. after 後の表現で冗語的だとは考えるのですが意味を成しているでようか?またafter以降would thinkとはできないと考え、(時の副詞節中の未来willの過去形として)、またshe should think~ should do itとするのも冗語だと思うので、after thinking seriously about whether she should~.とするのもありかなとも(after前置詞用法)考えます。、「するかどうか真剣に考えた後訴えるよう勧めた」と表現するのに良い表現方法はありますでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9722/12094)
回答No.3

「補足コメント」を拝見しました。 >The police officer told her that they were rady to accept her sexual harassment complaint,but advised her to sue him after having thought seriously about whether she should~とすると整合性が取れないとのご指摘を回答いただいているのですが、どうお考えでしょうか? ⇒あ、そうですね。失礼しました。 前便では、after thinking seriously about whether she should~の部分についてのみお答えしましたが、全体を見れば確かにご指摘のとおりだと思います。 1つの解決法として、例えば、次のような文にすることも考えられますね。 The police officer told her that they were ready to accept her sexual harassment complaint, but advised her to decide to sue him or not after having thought seriously about it. (その警察官は彼女にセクハラの被害届を受理する準備はできているが、真剣に考えた後で彼を訴えるかどうかを決めるように勧めた。)

konan3939
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

> after 後の表現で冗語的だとは考えるのですが意味を成しているでようか? 英訳の方を考えてみます。 ⇒ (1) ~ but advised her to sue him ~ 「しかし彼を訴えるよう助言した」   (2) ~ whether she should do it or not. 「そうすべきか(訴えるべきか)否か」 (2)で「訴えるべきか否か、真剣に考えなさい」と言っておきながら、(1)では「訴えなさい」と助言している。これでは何のために「真剣に考える」必要があるのかわかりません。つまり、警察官は彼女に初めに「訴えるよう」助言しているにもかかわらず、次に「訴えるべきか否か真剣に考えなさい」というアドバイスを与えていることになります。これでは整合性を欠くことになります。 >「するかどうか真剣に考えた後訴えるよう勧めた」と表現するのに良い表現方 > 法はありますでしょうか? (1)と(2)に整合性を持たせるのであれば、 The police officer told her that they were ready to accept her sexual harassment complaint, but advised her to think through seriously before deciding whether or not to sue him. とした方がよいと思います。つまり、「訴えるかどうかの「決断を下す前に」」一度立ち止まって「真剣に考えなさい」という流れです。 こちらの方が、元の日本文に近いと思います。 ご参考まで。

konan3939
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9722/12094)
回答No.1

>after thinking seriously about whether she should~.とするのもありかなとも(after前置詞用法)考えます。 ⇒「よくよく考えた後で」というニュアンスを込める意味で、完了形を使う方がいいかもしれませんね。 → after having thought seriously about whether she should~.

konan3939
質問者

補足

回答ありがとうございます。The police officer told her that they were rady to accept her sexual harassment complaint,but advised her to sue him after having thought seriously about whether she should~とすると整合性が取れないとのご指摘を回答いただいているのですが、どうお考えでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英語表現についてお尋ねします。被害届

「その警察官は彼女にセクハラの被害届を受理する準備はできているが、するかどうか真剣に考えた後で彼を訴えるように勧めた(アドバイスした)。」 The police officer told her that they were rady to accept her sexual harassment complaint,but advised her to sue him after she thought seriously about whether she should do it or not. after 後の表現で冗語的だとは考えるのですが意味を成しているでようか?またafter以降would thinkとはできないと考え、(時の副詞節中の未来willの過去形として)、またshe should think~ should do itとするのも冗語だと思うのですが、「するかどうか真剣に考えた後訴えるよう勧めた」と表現するのに良い表現方法はありますでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文和訳

英語が苦手なもので次の英文を和訳してほしいのです。 what shoud we do about her? Take it easy on her Naomi,she is smart but also young. I don't trust her,she hides something. You are over reacting.

• 英語の質問です

カジュアルにいいたいんですが、 英語で今後の私達の関係について、あなたは真剣に考えてる(本気)?と聞いてみたい場合はDo you think about our relations seriously?になりますか?serious lyだと真剣とかだから重くとらえられますかね?

• 以下の英文について教えてください。

From time to time he saw Omyobu, but though he still implored her to arrange a meeting, none of his many arguments availed him. He also pestered her with so many questions about the child that she exclaimed at last: "Why do you go on plaguing me like this? You will be seeing him for yourself soon, when he is shown at Court." But though she spoke impatiently she knew quite well what he was suffering and felt for him deeply. The matter was not one which he could discuss except with Fujitsubo herself, and it was impossible to see her. Would he indeed ever again see her alone or communicate with her save through notes and messengers? And half-weeping with despair he recited the verse: "What guilty intercourse must ours have been in some life long ago, that now so cruel a barrier should be set between us?" 源氏物語の『The Festival of Red Leaves』(紅葉賀)からの抜粋です。 藤壺が源氏との不義の子供を出産した後の、源氏と、藤壺のお付きの女房(=王命婦)とのやりとりの場面です。 上記の英文の中でわからない個所があります。 (一番最後の英文です) "What guilty intercourse must ours have been in some life long ago, that now so cruel a barrier should be set between us?" 意味は現代訳を参照して大体掴んでいるのですが、that now so cruel a barrier ~のthatは何かを指しているものなのでしょうか? それとも文法的に置かれているものなのでしょうか? 解説していただける方、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 以下の英文について教えてください。

The Emperor was impatient to see Fujitsubo's child and so too (though he was forced to conceal his interest in the matter) was Genji himself. Accordingly he went to her palace when there were not many people about and sent in a note, offering as the Emperor was in such a state of impatience to see the child and etiquette forbad him to do so for several weeks, to look at the child himself and report upon its appearance to the Emperor. She replied that she would rather he saw it on a day when it was less peevish; but in reality her refusal had nothing to do with the state of the child's temper; she could not bear the idea of his seeing it at all. Already it bore an astonishing resemblance to him; of that she was convinced. Always there lurked in her heart the torturing demon of fear. Soon others would see the child and instantly know with absolute certainty the secret of her swift transgression. What charity towards such a crime as this would a world have that gossips if a single hair is awry? Such thoughts continually tormented her and she again became weary of her life. 源氏物語の『The Festival Of Red Leaves』(紅葉賀)からの抜粋です。 藤壺が源氏との不義の子供を出産した直後の場面です。 現代語訳を参照して大意は掴んでいるのですが、上記の英文の中でわからない個所があります。 (最後の方です) What charity towards such a crime as this would a world have that gossips if a single hair is awry? この英文で What charity towards such a crime as this would a world haveを訳すと このような罪に対して世間はどんな慈愛を持つだろうか?になるでしょうか? その後の that gossips if a single hair is awryの部分がわかりません。 if a single hair is awryもし一本の髪の毛が捻じれているならば、と訳してみたのですが that gossipsの個所がわかりません。(thatが?です) 解説していただける方、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 次の英文の問いの解決策を英文で考えて頂きたいです

Dear Agony Aunt: My mother drives me crazy. She always meddles in my affairs. I want to pierce my ears, but she tells me I shouldn't do it. I'd like to dye my hair, but this is also forbidden. she says I should do what my parents say until I'm twenty. What do you think I should do? この英文に対する解答を英文10行程度で考えて頂けるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の英文について教えてください

The mournful truth that a man — every man-must die alone, had been thrust sharply into my mind and kept there by the frequent violent attacks of my malady I suffered at that time, every one of which threatened to be the last. (中略) Then my mother died. Her perfect health failed her suddenly, and her decline was not long. But she suffered much, and on the last occasion of my being with her at her bedside she told me that she was very tired and had no fear of death, and would be glad to go but for the thought of leaving me in such a precarious state of health and with a mind distressed. Even then she put no questions to me, but only expressed the hope that her prayers for me would be answered and that at the last we should be together again. I cannot say, as I might say in the case of any other relation or friend, that I had lost her. (中略) It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago to have my secret and most cherished feelings about my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend who, albeit still young, has made himself a name in the world, one who had never known a mother, she having died during his infancy. <最後のIt came to me~の英文について>: It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago~のasは「~として」ですか? as I had never heard them expressed ~のasは「~のように」ですか? (themはmy secret and most cherished feelings ?) my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend のところの意味がよくわからないのですが、 expressedの取り方は、 my own mother expressed to me私自身の母親が私に表現した、 I had never heard them expressed私はそれらが表現されるのを決して聞いたことがない、 ですか? she having died during his infancyここは独立分詞構文で、「彼女は彼の幼年時代に亡くなってしまったので」? ----Far Away and Long Ago :W.H.Hudson

• 質問です

Are we going out? I don't know what to do even when you tell me about the way you feel about me. What is the relationship between us?と彼に聞いてit is more than friends,cause i like youと返してきた彼に、カジュアルにいいたいんですが、 英語で今後の私達の関係について、あなたは真剣に考えてる(本気)?と聞いてみたい場合はDo you think about our relations seriously?になりますか?serious lyだと真剣とかだから重くとらえられますかね?

• 訳して頂きたい英文があります!

訳して頂きたい英文があります! どうしてもうまく訳せません。 She had an uneasy suspicion that I did not believe in her; and if that was why she did not like me, it was also why she sought my acquaintance: it galled her that I alone should look upon her as a comic figure and she could not rest till I acknowledged myself mistaken and defeated. お願いいたします。

• 英文日記を添削していただけますか(^^)   

またまた英文日記を書きました。初心者なので、特に文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)   Thursday, March 09, 2006 It was sunny with a few clouds. Hello, Candy. A friend of mine told me that she watched the movie which name is “The chronicles of Narnia.” She said it moved her very much, but if she had not known the Bible, she couldn’t be moved by it so strong. I want to see this movie as well, but I didn’t know the Bible. I wonder I should read the Bible before seeing it. What do you think? Well, I’ve gotta go now. Will talk to you soon again!