• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

どなたか翻訳をしていただけないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。 But he is one who has dreams, such dreams, and in a way he is an escapist, he lives two lives, the real world and the world and the landscape inside his head. These are like two pages from the same book. But they never co inside. He has the dismal ability to retreat into dream when life becomes hard and the undesirable tendency to seek to escape problems this way. May have an addictive tendency, that can manifest in thoughts and dreams, or in addictive substances, but both serve the same purpose, it allows him to escape from his problems and to avoid dealing with them and facing up with courage to asserting himself to correct things in his life. It helps him endure what he cannot change. He doesn't like confrontation. He can be evasive, for example agreeable to a thing, then do nothing, which can make him seem deceptive. But it more that he avoids confrontation and difficult action. Cannot always say no, so says yes but then doesn't flow through with the thing he has agreed to. Forgets, avoids, evades, finds a way out that avoid confrontation if he can. Sees it as a sacrifice if he cannot.

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数82
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (7821/9659)

しかし、彼は夢見る人、以下のような夢を見る人です。彼はある意味,現実逃避主義者で、2つの人生、つまり現実の世界と頭の中の情景内の人生を送ります。これは、同じ本の2ページのようです。しかし、それらは決して一致しません*。彼には、何かと夢へ逃げ込む暗い能力があり、人生が苛酷になると、このようにして問題を逃れようとする好ましくない傾向があります。 *誤植と思しきところを、But they never co inside (→coincide).と訂正して訳しました。 彼の習慣には1つの傾向があって、それが彼の考え方や夢に、あるいは習慣実体に現われます。しかしそれは、どちらも同じ目的に適います。問題から逃れて、それと直接関わることを避け、人生において正しい物事を自己主張にするという勇気をもって対処することを可能にします。それは、彼が変えることのできないものに耐えるのを助けます。彼は、対立が好きではないのです。 彼は回避的であり得て、例えば、あることに賛成しているが、何もしないことがあり得ます。そしてそれは、彼をどっちつかずの状態でいることを可能にします。しかしそれは、どちらかと言えば、彼が対立や困難な行動を避けるためなのです。必ずしも常にノーと言うことができないので、その際にはハイと言いますが、それなら、彼が同意したもので溢れてしまうことはありません。彼は、忘れます、避けます、逃れます。そして、彼がそうできれば、対立を避ける出口が見つかる(かもしれない)のです。そうすることができない場合だけ、彼はそれを犠牲とみなします。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

翻訳ありがとうございました! co inside → cocinide なんですね! ずっと謎だったことがわかりすっきりしました(*'ω'*) どうやら性格は内気な感じの方のようですね~。 ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

下記の文章を訳してください! 宜しくお願いします。 He may like travel, and likes peace and quiet in a relationship, dislikes quarreling. He is kind hearted, and is very sensible in a crisis, and able to cope, but in his every day life is the opposite, being indecisive and often uncertain what he really wants, willing to let others influence him or make decisions for him. He is patient and persevering in a quiet way. He is good tempered, a little touchy, his anger become more turned inward than expressed outwardly. He may be inclined towards ideals or else to good causes. He is very honest and hates unfairness cheating or lying or underhand dealing in others. His main fault is too much thought too little action in his life.

• dynamics

It seems to me that he just wants to know that they're proud of him. It's hard for me to constantly try to support him through this because he needs his parents' approval, and I can't give that to him. Is there any way I can help him? He refuses to talk it out with his parents, but I just want them to be on the same page. Can I help without getting too involved with their family dynamics? https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearabby/s-2022977 dynamicsがあるとなのとではどう意味が違ってくるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語に訳してください

上手く翻訳できません。 意訳でも構いません宜しくお願いします。 He is a man who is delicate and refined. He is given to study, and is exceptionally good at what he studies and interests himself in. A strange quiet man. He will seem aloof. He is timid and hesitant with people and quite insular underneath. Like one who has something of an inferiority complex but hides it. Well respected, but underneath he has a lot of self doubts. He gives the impression of distance. He is sensitive and perceptive, can understand the depths concealed in others and what lies behind things but can seem shy or awkward almost on the surface. He is intuitive and not very materialistic, but he will succeed in the material world, through a special subject or talent. Her may be too easily daunted by people, and this is his biggest obstacle. His inner feelings of inadequacy and the tendency to want to avoid people and problems at all costs. He has deep feeling emotions, so much more under the surface of him than he shows. Many of his decision and judgment are based on emotion. He likes to be on his own, but solitariness does not bring out the best in his character, it makes him more insular, more suspicious more inward turned and unstable and escapist. It is the sociability with others that he seeks to avoid that brings out the confidence and kindness and generosity and best in him. He is mature, not too moody or touchy despite his depth of feeling he manages to remain calm and optimism wins through in time of trouble. He is able to summon strength and endurance when he needs it most. He likes routine and familiar things and familiar patterns in his life. Not so fond of the insecurities and uncertainty of change.

• 上手な日本語訳にしてください。

上手な日本語訳にしてください。 ‘’ I couldn’t believe it, ‘’ Sato says. ‘’ The excitement came later, gradually.’’ But at the same time, Sato knew what awaited him after the initial euphoria had subsided. It began immediately, as the seven other players in his group-mostly business associates-gave him \5000 each as a congratulatory gift. To thank them, Sato was supposed to organize a special dinner for them all. Next, he had to give serious thought to what gifts he would present-and to whom-to commemorate his in one.

• すごーく長いので、出来たら訳をお願いしたいです

He is an interesting man, but there has been obscurity and misery in his life. He has faced some long and hard past ordeal, or unfavorable circumstances or darkness of spirit has shadowed him and dogged his footsteps. He is stalwart and hardened by the struggle, and a little fatalistic and guided often on his course by his instincts as to what will bring him luck and what wont. He knows what direction he wants to follow in life and struggles against adversities in a dignified way. But he is an unsettled man with a changing unreliable life and a restless determination to rise about him. One who is never at rest or at peace but always on the move. He has a receptive mind, a wild energy and life of much turmoil and contradiction. An ambitious man, but with many impractical dreams, who fools himself into thinking he is capable of achieving more than he can, and so no matter how hard he tries, how successful he is. his goals remain always distant, out of reach or just beyond his capability. He is one of life's takers, not one of life's givers. He takes what's given for granted and exploits it in any way he can, to get further gains. To heap up favours or wealth, a grasping nature, that when given something, extracts more, but gives little or nothing back. He ceases opportunities where he can. Lives by his wits exploits his own reserves, but fails to learn from his bad luck and failures. すみません。やはり長すぎますね・・

• 長文を日本語に訳してください!(2)

よくわからないので、よろしくお願いします。 For twenty years Tom raced and gambled, philandered with the prettiest girls, danced, ate in the most expensive restaurants, and dressed beautifully. He always looked as if he had just stepped out of a bandbox. Though he was forty-six you would never have taken him for more than thirty-five. He was the most amusing companion and though you knew he was perfectly worthless you could not but enjoy his society. He had high spirits, and unfailing gaiety, and incredible charm. I never grudged the contributions he regularly levied on me for the necessities of his existence. I never lent him fifty pounds without feeling that I was in his debt. Tom Ramsay knew everyone and everyone knew Tom Ramsay. You could not approve of him, but you could not help liking him. Poor George, only a year older that his scapegrace brother, looked sixty. He had never taken more than a fortnight's holiday in the year for a quarter of a century. He was in his office every morning at nine-thirty and never left it till six. He was honest, industrious, and worthy. He had a good wife, to whom he had never been unfaithful even in thought, and four daughters to whom he was five to a little house in the country where he proposed to cultivate his garden and play golf. His life was blameless. He was glad that he was growing old because Tom was growing old too. He rubbed his hands and said. 'It was all very well when Tom was young and good-looking, but he's only a year younger than I am. In four years he'll be fifty. He won't find life so easy then. I shall have thirty thousand pounds by the time I'm fifty. For twenty-five years I've said that Tom would end in the gutter. And we shall see how he likes that. We shall see if it really pays best to work or be idle.' Poor George! I sympathized with him. I wondered now as I sat down beside him what infamous thing Tom had done. George was evidently very much upset. 'Do you know what's happened now?' he asked me. I was prepared for the worst. I wondered if Tom had got into the hands of the police at last. George could hardly bring himself to speak. 'You're not going to deny that all my life I've been hardworking, decent, respectable, and straightforward. After a life of industry and thrift I can look forward to retiring on a small income in gilt-edged securities. I've always done my duty in that state of life in which it has pleased Providence to place me.' 'True.' And you can't deny that Tom has been an idle, worthless, dissolute, and dishonourable rogue. If there were any justice he'd be in the workhouse. 'True.' George grew red in the face. 'A few weeks ago he became engaged to a woman old enough to be his mother.And now she's died and left him everything she had. Half a million pounds, a yacht, a house in London, and a house in the country.' George Ramsay beat his clenched fist on the table. 'It's not fair, I tell you, it's not fair. Damn it, it's not fair.' I could not help it. I burst into a shout of laughter as I looked at George's wrathful face, I rolled in my chair, I very nearly fell on the floor. George never forgave me. But Tom often asks me to excellent dinners in his charming house in Mayfair, and if he occasionally borrows a trifle from me, it is merely from force of habit. It is never more than a sovereign.

• 長文を日本語に訳してください!(2)

よくわからないので、よろしくお願いします。翻訳機ではないものでお願いします。 For twenty years Tom raced and gambled, philandered with the prettiest girls, danced, ate in the most expensive restaurants, and dressed beautifully. He always looked as if he had just stepped out of a bandbox. Though he was forty-six you would never have taken him for more than thirty-five. He was the most amusing companion and though you knew he was perfectly worthless you could not but enjoy his society. He had high spirits, and unfailing gaiety, and incredible charm. I never grudged the contributions he regularly levied on me for the necessities of his existence. I never lent him fifty pounds without feeling that I was in his debt. Tom Ramsay knew everyone and everyone knew Tom Ramsay. You could not approve of him, but you could not help liking him. Poor George, only a year older that his scapegrace brother, looked sixty. He had never taken more than a fortnight's holiday in the year for a quarter of a century. He was in his office every morning at nine-thirty and never left it till six. He was honest, industrious, and worthy. He had a good wife, to whom he had never been unfaithful even in thought, and four daughters to whom he was five to a little house in the country where he proposed to cultivate his garden and play golf. His life was blameless. He was glad that he was growing old because Tom was growing old too. He rubbed his hands and said. 'It was all very well when Tom was young and good-looking, but he's only a year younger than I am. In four years he'll be fifty. He won't find life so easy then. I shall have thirty thousand pounds by the time I'm fifty. For twenty-five years I've said that Tom would end in the gutter. And we shall see how he likes that. We shall see if it really pays best to work or be idle.' Poor George! I sympathized with him. I wondered now as I sat down beside him what infamous thing Tom had done. George was evidently very much upset. 'Do you know what's happened now?' he asked me. I was prepared for the worst. I wondered if Tom had got into the hands of the police at last. George could hardly bring himself to speak. 'You're not going to deny that all my life I've been hardworking, decent, respectable, and straightforward. After a life of industry and thrift I can look forward to retiring on a small income in gilt-edged securities. I've always done my duty in that state of life in which it has pleased Providence to place me.' 'True.' And you can't deny that Tom has been an idle, worthless, dissolute, and dishonourable rogue. If there were any justice he'd be in the workhouse. 'True.' George grew red in the face. 'A few weeks ago he became engaged to a woman old enough to be his mother.And now she's died and left him everything she had. Half a million pounds, a yacht, a house in London, and a house in the country.' George Ramsay beat his clenched fist on the table. 'It's not fair, I tell you, it's not fair. Damn it, it's not fair.' I could not help it. I burst into a shout of laughter as I looked at George's wrathful face, I rolled in my chair, I very nearly fell on the floor. George never forgave me. But Tom often asks me to excellent dinners in his charming house in Mayfair, and if he occasionally borrows a trifle from me, it is merely from force of habit. It is never more than a sovereign.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (17) Augustus Caesar, now the emperor of Rome, worked to reorganize the government and military. His greatest accomplishment was the creation of a system of government that lasted in Rome for five centuries: the Roman Empire. (18) Augustus created Rome's first police and fire brigade. He created a network of roads that connected the major cities of the empire, linking them all to Rome. He changed the way finance were handled and issued new gold and silver coins. He gave free food to the poor. He built the Forum of Augustus and decorated it with statues of his ancestors. He beautified the city and boasted of this accomplishment: “I found a city made of brick and left it a city of marble.” Augustus also sponsored artists and poets like Horace and Virgil, whose works glorified Rome─and, of course, himself. (19) Throughout his reign, Augustus never forgot that his great-uncle had been killed by jealous enemies who feared his power and popularity. Augustus pretended that his powers were all voluntarily given. He allowed freedom of speech and encouraged people to give him advice. But he was clever. He knew how to use power without seeming to seek or even treasure it. During his rule, magistrates were still elected to govern Rome. By sharing power with the magistrates, Augustus kept people from worrying that he was governing Rome alone. In fact, the soldiers were loyal to him and him alone─he paid their salaries and his treasury would pay their pensions. (20) The emperor's authority was so great that everyone left all the major decisions to him. But he was also very careful. Augustus kept a force of 4,500 soldiers to defend him. These soldiers, later called the Praetorian Guard, protected all of Italy. But some of them were always on hand to protect the emperor. To be on the safe side, the guards allowed only one senate at a time to approach the emperor, and they searched each man before he came close.

• 訳の添削とわからない個所について 1

John Galsworthyという作家の『THE CHOICE』という物語の英文を訳しました。 添削と、わからない個所を教えてください。 It had declined him for years, but, even before a long illness ousted him in favour of younger men, he had felt very severely the palpable difference in things. それは年来彼を傾けました。しかし長い病気のせいで、彼がより若い男性(後輩)に(仕事を?)追い出される前にすら、彼は物ごとの明白な違いを大変ひどく感じていました。 冒頭のItが何を指しているのかわかりません。 内容からa long illness のような気がするのですが、 It had declined him for years, but, even before a long illness ousted him と Itの後にa long illnessが出てくるので、わからない感じです。 前述の英文は But he was a great sufferer from a variety of ailments. He had gout, and some trouble in his side, and feet that were like barometers in their susceptibility to weather. Of all these matters he would speak to us in a very impersonal and uncomplaining way, diagnosing himself, as it were, for the benefit of his listeners. He was, it seems, alone in the world, not having of course at that time anything to look forward to in the way of a pension, nor, one fancies, very much to look back on except the death of his near relatives and the decline of the plumbing trade. となっています。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 日本語にして下さい

He's such a jerk! He had me on lock down and was accusing me of fooling around all this time but, all along it was him. How could I be so blind? And I don't understand how he could be so selfish and shallow. How can I be the psycho one when him and his friend made up a whole new name for them selves? Thank you again ◯◯ for understanding. I don't know how to thank you enough.