• 締切済み

日本語訳お願いします。

He counted how long he could hold his breath. Each day he improved his time. Even back at home he timed himself by the clock, and was proud to find he could hold his breath for two minutes. The authority of the clock brought close the adventure that was so important to him. The day after tomorrow, his mother reminded him casually one morning, they must go home. He swam straight out to the rock and looked down into the water. This was the moment when he would try. If he did not do it now, he never would. He filled his lungs, started to count, and dived to the bottom. He was soon inside the dark, narrow hole. The water pushed him up against the roof. The roof was sharp and hurt his back. He pulled himself along with his hands — fast, fast. His head knocked against something; a sharp pain dizzied him. He counted: one hundred… one hundred and fifteen. The hole had widened! He gave himself a kick forward and swam as fast as he could. He lost track of time and said one hundred and fifteen to himself again. Then he saw light. Victory filled him. His hands, reaching forward, met nothing; and his feet propelled him out into the open sea. He floated to the surface, pulled himself up onto the rock and lay face down, catching his breath. After a time he felt better and sat up. Then he swam to shore and climbed slowly up the path to the house. His mother came to meet him, smiling. “Have a nice time?” she asked. “Oh, yes, thank you,” he said. “How did you cut your head?” “Oh, I just cut it.” They sat down to lunch together. “Mom,” he said, “I can hold my breath for two minutes — three minutes.” “Can you, darling?” she said. “Well, you shouldn’t overdo it. You look a bit pale. I don’t think you ought to swim any more today.” She was ready for a battle of wills, but he gave in at once. It was no longer of the least importance to go to the bay.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。 (すみません、ご指名をいただいたのに気づかず、遅れてしまいました。) >He counted how long he could hold his breath. Each day he improved his time. Even back at home he timed himself by the clock, and was proud to find he could hold his breath for two minutes. The authority of the clock brought close the adventure that was so important to him. ⇒彼は、どれほど長く息を止めていられかを測った。1日ごとにその時間が伸びた。家に帰っても、彼は自分で時計を使って時間を計り、2分間息を止めることができるようになったことを誇らしく思った。正確な時間が分かる時計のおかげで、彼にとってはとても重要なこの冒険が身近な(実現できそうな)ものになった。 >The day after tomorrow, his mother reminded him casually one morning, they must go home. He swam straight out to the rock and looked down into the water. This was the moment when he would try. If he did not do it now, he never would. He filled his lungs, started to count, and dived to the bottom. ⇒ある朝、彼の母親が何気なく、みんなで家に帰らなければならない日を彼に伝えたが、それは明後日であった。彼は直ちにその岩場まで泳いでいって、水中を見下ろした。この今が、やってみる(挑戦する)瞬間だった。今それをしなければ、二度とできないだろう。彼は胸いっぱいに息を吸い込んで数を数え始め、そして海底まで潜った。 >He was soon inside the dark, narrow hole. The water pushed him up against the roof. The roof was sharp and hurt his back. He pulled himself along with his hands — fast, fast. His head knocked against something; a sharp pain dizzied him. He counted: one hundred… one hundred and fifteen. The hole had widened! He gave himself a kick forward and swam as fast as he could. ⇒すぐに彼は、暗くて狭い洞穴の中に入り込んだ。水圧で洞穴の天井に打ち当たった。天井はゴツゴツしていたので、背中に傷を負った。彼は手で水をかいてそこを離れた―急いだ、そして急いだ。彼の頭が何かにぶつかった。鋭い痛みでめまいがした。彼は数を数えた。百…百十五。洞穴が広くなってきた! 彼は水を蹴って前進し、できる限り速く泳いだ。 >He lost track of time and said one hundred and fifteen to himself again. Then he saw light. Victory filled him. His hands, reaching forward, met nothing; and his feet propelled him out into the open sea. He floated to the surface, pulled himself up onto the rock and lay face down, catching his breath. After a time he felt better and sat up. Then he swam to shore and climbed slowly up the path to the house. ⇒彼は時間の勘定がどこまで来たか分からなくなって、再び115をつぶやいた。その時、光が見えた。彼は勝利を満身に感じた。手を伸ばしても、何にもぶつからない。そして彼は、足で海底を蹴って、海原へ進み出た。水面に浮かび、岩に這い上がり、うつ伏せのまま息を吸い込んだ。しばらくすると、気分が良くなったので、起き上がった。それから彼は海岸まで泳ぎ、家へ向かう坂道をゆっくりと登った。 >His mother came to meet him, smiling. “Have a nice time?” she asked. “Oh, yes, thank you,” he said. “How did you cut your head?” “Oh, I just cut it.” They sat down to lunch together. 彼の母親は、笑顔で彼を迎えた。 「楽しい時間を過ごしたんだね?」と彼女は尋ねた。 「うん、そうだよ、ありがと」と彼は言った。 「頭が切れてるわよ、どうしたの?」 「うん、ちょっと切っちゃったんだ。」 彼らは一緒に座って昼食を取った。 >“Mom,” he said, “I can hold my breath for two minutes — three minutes.” “Can you, darling?” she said. “Well, you shouldn’t overdo it. You look a bit pale. I don’t think you ought to swim any more today.” She was ready for a battle of wills, but he gave in at once. It was no longer of the least importance to go to the bay. 「母さん」と彼は言った、「ボクは2分から3分も息を止めることができるんだ。」 「そんなにかい、お前?」と彼女は言った。「でも、やり過ぎちゃダメよ。ちょっと顔色が悪いわよ。今日はもう泳がない方がいいわね。」 彼女は、そうしたがらない彼と言い争いになることを覚悟していたが、彼はすぐに同意した。もうあの入江に行くのは、重要なことではなくなったのである。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

彼は、どれだけの間息を止められるか測った。毎日その記録は伸びた。家に帰ってからも時計で時間を計り、二分間、意味が止めらると誇れるまでになった。  時計は(自分で1、2、と数えるより客観的であり)その正統性で、彼にとって重要な冒険を実現に近づけてくれた。  ある朝、何気なく彼の母は、「明後日、うちに帰るわよ」と言った。彼は早速例の岩に泳いで行き海を見下ろした。  今こそ試みる時だ。今をのがしたら、こんな機会はまたとない。彼は肺にいっぱい息を吸い込んで数え始め、底へ潜った。  彼は、程なく暗くて狭い穴の中にいた。水が彼を洞穴の天井に押し付けた。天井はゴツゴツしていて背中を痛めた。彼は両手で自分を早く、早く、と推し進めた。  頭が何かに当たって、鋭い痛みで目眩がした。彼は数えた。100、、、115。穴が広くなった! 前へ進むよう水を蹴り、できるだけの速さで泳いだ。  時間の感覚がなくなった、また115と自分に言い聞かせる。途端に光が。勝利が彼を満たした。前に出した手に触れる物はなく、脚が彼を広い海に押し出した。  彼は水面に浮き上がった。岩によじ登り、息をつく。しばらくして元気が出、立ち上がった。そして彼は海岸に泳ぎ帰り、家への坂道をゆっくり登って行った。  彼の母は、微笑み見ながら彼を迎えた。「どうだった?」「うん、良かった。」「頭の傷はどうしたの?」「いやちっと傷しただけ」と言ってお昼にした。  「ねえお母さん、僕二分間、(いや)三分間息が止めらるんだよ」  「あら、そう?」と母が言った。「でもやり過ぎないことよ。顔色が少し悪いわ。もう今日はそれ以上泳がないことにしたら?」  彼女はそのあと言い争いが続くものと思っていたが、彼はすぐ母の言うことを聞いた。もうあの入り江に行くことは大切でなかったのである。  

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳お願いします。

Going to the shore on the first morning of the vacation, Jerry stopped and looked at a wild and rocky bay, and then over to the crowded beach he knew so well from other years. His mother looked back at him. “Are you tired of the usual beach, Jerry?” “Oh, no!” he said quickly, but then said, “I’d like to look at those rocks down there.” “Of course, if you like.” Jerry watched his mother go, then ran straight into the water and began swimming. He was a good swimmer. He swam out over the gleaming sand and then he was in the real sea. He saw some older, local boys — men, to him — sitting on the rocks. One smiled and waved. It was enough to make him feel welcome. In a minute, he had swum over and was on the rocks beside them. Then, as he watched, the biggest of the boys dived into the water, and did not come up. Jerry gave a cry of alarm, but after a long time the boy came up on the other side of a big dark rock, letting out a shout of victory. Immediately the rest of them dived and Jerry was alone. He counted the seconds they were under water: one, two, three… fifty… one hundred. At one hundred and sixty, one, then another, of the boys came up on the far side of the rock and Jerry understood that they had swum through some gap or hole in it. He knew then that he wanted to be like them. He watched as they swam away and then swam to shore himself. Next day he swam back to the rocks. There was nobody else there. He looked at the great rock the boys had swum through. He could see no gap in it. He dived down to its base, again and again. It took a long time, but finally, while he was holding on to the base of the rock, he shot his feet out forward and they met no obstacle. He had found the hole. In the days that followed, Jerry hurried to the rocks every morning and exercised his lungs as if everything, the whole of his life, depended on it.

• 日本語訳を!!12

お願いします (1) Ptolemy XII was pharaoh of Egypt, the wealthiest country in the Mediterranean world. Ptolemy loved to party─he was called “The Flute Player” because he was so fond of music. But Ptolemy was not just a playful fellow. He was also a troublesome one, so troublesome that his own people wanted him out. They booted him from power in 58 BCE and put his eldest daughter, Berenice, on the throne instead. (2) Ptolemy fought back. He traveled to Rome and bribed the general Ptolemy to support him against Berenice. Ptolemy took troops to Egypt, defeated Berenice's supporters, and returned the playboy king to his throne. In gratitude, Ptolemy named Ptolemy as legal guardian to his eldest son. Ptolemy then gave orders for Berenice to be beheaded. (3) Who was this man who ordered his own daughter's death? (4) Ptolemy XII was actually a Greek. His long-ago ancestor, the first Ptolemy, had served as a general under Alexander the Great, who, in 331 BCE, had conquered a huge empire─including Egypt. When Alexander died, his three top generals divided the empire among themselves. The one who chose Egypt made himself its king and called himself Ptolemy I. By the time Ptolemy XII came to the throne, his family had ruled Egypt for almost 250 years. But they still spoke Greek and considered themselves part of the Greek world. (5) Although Ptolemy had executed his eldest daughter, there was another whom he especially loved─a bright, lively girl named Cleopatra VII. The king seems to have found her the most interesting of all his children. He proclaimed her a goddess when she was about four years old.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (21) During his own lifetime, Cicero was known as a great statesman, orator, and man of action. But he died a bitterly disappointed man. He had failed to do what he most wanted to accomplish: to save the Roman Republic. Not even Cicero's enemies, though, could doubt his love for Rome. Plutarch, writing many years after Cicero's death, tells a story about Octavian─after he had risen to great power as the emperor Augustus Caesar. The emperor found his grandson reading a book written by Cicero. Knowing that his grandfather had agreed to let Mark Antony's soldiers murder Cicero, “The boy was afraid and tried to hide it under his gown. Augustus...took the book from him, and began to read it.... When he gave it back to his grandson, he said,‘My child, this was a learned man, and a lover of his country.’”

• この英文の日本語訳を教えてください

The next day,there were more people around his house He sent atelegram to the Foreign Ministry, He asked foy permission to issue visas, but permission was refused, He fried again dut received the same answer, After 10days, Sugihara finally decided to help them, He toid Yukiko that he was going to issue visas to the people yukiko knew the risks but told him that she agreed with his decision, Ill support you, she said, On July 29th, he announced to the crowd around his house, You will all get your visas! There was a short silen a big cry of joy, For the next 30 days, Sugihara wrote visas day and night, He smiled and said, The world is like a big wheel, We re all connected, We shouldn t fight each othel, We should join hands, Take care and good luck! On August 27th, he received a telegram from the Ministry, Close the office now and go to Berlin, On September 4th, Sugihara and his family got on a train for Berlin,Some people followed them to the platform, He continued to write visas even as he got on the train, He handed them out through the window, The dell rang and the train started to move, With tears in his eyes, Sugihara said, I cannot write and more, Forgive me,I will pray for your safety, One of them cried, Thank you, Mr,Sugihara, We will never forget you, The war ended in 1945, Sugihara returned to Japan and started working as a trader, Years later, in Angust 1968, he received a phone call from the Israeli Emdassy,It was from Mr, Nishri , an Israeli diplomat, Nr, Nishri met Sugihara and took out an old piece of paper, It was Sugihara s visa, You won t temember me, but I have never forgotten you, he said, Sugihara issued 2,139 visas to Jewish people in Lithuania, His actions saved more than 6,000 lives in total, 以上です 長くてすみません どうかお助けくださいm(_ _)m

• 日本語に訳お願いします。

He screamed that he would give himself to the Devil if he caught the girl before she reached home . Some of Hugo's drunken friends told him to let the hounds chase her, and so he ran from the house and unlocked the dogs. 日本語訳をしてもらいたいのです。よろしくお願いします。 ’~give himself to the Devil’とかどういう意味の表現でしょうか。

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (1) All Rome knew Lucretia for her beauty and goodness. No one doubted that she loved her husband and was faithful to him. In the eyes of the average Roman, this made her a perfect woman. But to Sextus. the king's ruthless son, Lucretia's goodness was a challenge. As the Roman historian Livy tells the tale, Sextus couldn't see such perfect devotion without wanting to destroy it. Sextus went to Lucretia's house when he knew that her husband was out of town. Because Sextus was a prince and also her husband's cousin, Lucretia and her servants welcomed him and served him dinner. They didn't suspect his cruel plan. (2) When everyone else was asleep, Sextus crept, sword in hand, into Lucretia's bedroom. He threatened to kill her and spread a rumor that she had been unfaithful to her husband, if she refused to do what he wanted. Lucretia was not afraid of death, but she didn't want to die with her husband thinking that she hadn't been faithful to him. So she obeyed Sextus―she felt that she had no choice. (3) The next morning, overcome with grief and shame, Lucretia sent messengers to her husband and her father. She asked them to come right away―something terrible had happened. The men came as quickly as they could. Lucretia's husband brought along his friend Brutus. When Lucretia saw them, she began to cry and told them what Sextus had done. According to Livy, she said,“Give me your right hand in faith that you will not allow the guilty to escape.” (4) Lucretia's husband and Brutus believed in Lucretia's innocence and promised to get even with Sextus. Brutus made this solemn promise.“By this blood, which was so pure...I swear before you, O gods, to chase out the king...with his criminal wife and all their children,...and never to tolerate kings in Rome evermore.”

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (17) Augustus Caesar, now the emperor of Rome, worked to reorganize the government and military. His greatest accomplishment was the creation of a system of government that lasted in Rome for five centuries: the Roman Empire. (18) Augustus created Rome's first police and fire brigade. He created a network of roads that connected the major cities of the empire, linking them all to Rome. He changed the way finance were handled and issued new gold and silver coins. He gave free food to the poor. He built the Forum of Augustus and decorated it with statues of his ancestors. He beautified the city and boasted of this accomplishment: “I found a city made of brick and left it a city of marble.” Augustus also sponsored artists and poets like Horace and Virgil, whose works glorified Rome─and, of course, himself. (19) Throughout his reign, Augustus never forgot that his great-uncle had been killed by jealous enemies who feared his power and popularity. Augustus pretended that his powers were all voluntarily given. He allowed freedom of speech and encouraged people to give him advice. But he was clever. He knew how to use power without seeming to seek or even treasure it. During his rule, magistrates were still elected to govern Rome. By sharing power with the magistrates, Augustus kept people from worrying that he was governing Rome alone. In fact, the soldiers were loyal to him and him alone─he paid their salaries and his treasury would pay their pensions. (20) The emperor's authority was so great that everyone left all the major decisions to him. But he was also very careful. Augustus kept a force of 4,500 soldiers to defend him. These soldiers, later called the Praetorian Guard, protected all of Italy. But some of them were always on hand to protect the emperor. To be on the safe side, the guards allowed only one senate at a time to approach the emperor, and they searched each man before he came close.

• 英文の日本語訳についておしえてください

英語の予習で日本語訳をやっているのですがあっているか心配です。 なので間違っているところの指摘をお願いします。 ●英文 The girl's father was pleased. He was sure the boy was no longer in love with his daughter. When he finished reading the letter, he gave it to her. The girl rwad the letter and said, "He loves me so much! I wish I could go out with him again!" Why was the girl so pleased ? She and the boy had a secret way of writing to each other. She read the first line, and then the third line, nad then the fifth line, and so on, to the end of the letter. ●日本語訳 女性の父親は満足しました。 彼は、青年が娘に恋をしてないと確信しました。 彼が手紙を読み終えて、手紙を彼女に渡しました。 女性は手紙を読んで 「彼は私をとても愛してる!またデートできればな!」と言いました。 なぜ、女性はそのように喜んだのか? 彼女と青年はお互いに秘密の書き方をしていました。 彼女が読んだ1行目と3行目と5行目が手紙の最後になっています。

• 訳をお願いします。

They really need her to come clean with anything else she knows about Phillip . I told her Phillip is not the man he portrayed himself to be . He never was . He used his con game for his first victim and then again on Katie Calloway , the victim he was in prison for before he kidnapped me . It's always been about what's best for him . All those times he would say the angels protected him that day that he took me from hill never once did he even think that I was the one in need of protection that day . I'd like to believe she felt badly for me all those years , but in a way it was always a selfish act on her part . Yes , she didn't want me to go through all that , but to turn a blind eye to what she knew he was doing to an eleven-year-old girl . How could she splits and other things , all for her husband ? She said she hoped one day that my mom could forgive her , and I said I wouldn't hold out for that . ある本の中の一節で、三箇所抜き出しました。わからないので、訳を教えてください。お願いします。

• 16-5日本語訳

お願いします。  Chandragupta's most important weapon was not a war elephant,or even an army.It was his adviser,a clever and ambitious man named Kautilya.As a young man,Kautilya was an adviser to a king.He tried to convince the king to rule his people with knowledge and wisdom instead of ay force.Kautilya claimed that“a king who observes his duty of protecting his people justly and according to law will go to heaven,whereas one who does not protect them or inflicts unjust punishment will not.”The king refused and had Kautilya thrown out of his kingdom.From the gate,the king called to him,asking what good his knowledge was now.  Kautilya swore he wouldn't cut his hair until he proved that knowledge was stronger than physical force.He wrote a book that explained his ideas called the Arthashastra,which means“The Book of Wealth and Power.”Kautilya also found a young prince who was willing to take his advice.The prince's name was Chandragupta Maurya.  Chandragupta was an excellent student.Not only did he quickly defeat Kautilya's first boss,the king who had thought knowledge was useless,but he founded the Mauryan Dynasty,India's first centralized government.With kautilya's help,Chandragupta made many improvements to his empire,making it attractive to local rulers and their people.