• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

英文和訳がありますが、和訳は正しいですか?

Japanese are prompt, too, sometimes too prompt according to the standards of other cultures. When several groups of Japanese students were asked what time they would arrive for an official appointment, some said they would arrive 10, 15, even 20 minutes before the hour to make sure they were on time. They are probably also unconsciously trying to demonstrate their eagerness and sense of responsibility by arriving early. In the United States, arriving this early would be interpreted as a sign of insecurity as well as an infringement on thet time of the receiving side. 日本語訳 日本人も時間に几帳面です。時には、ほかの文化の基準に基づくとあまりに几帳面すぎます。複数の日本人学生のグループに、正式なアポイントメントのためにはいつ到着しますかと尋ねられた時、何人かは、時間通りに到着したことを確かにするために、決められた時間の10分か、15分、さらに20分前にすら到着すると答えました。彼らはまた、早めに到着することでおそらくは自分たちの熱意や責任感を無意識のうちに実演してみせようとしているのです。こんなに早く着くことという行為は、アメリカでは不安感があるという兆候だけでなく、約束した側の時間を邪魔する行為と解釈されます。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数55
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率81% (7386/9109)

以下のとおりお答えします。全体的にとてもよく訳されていると思いました。 >Japanese are prompt, too, sometimes too prompt according to the standards of other cultures. When several groups of Japanese students were asked what time they would arrive for an official appointment, some said they would arrive 10, 15, even 20 minutes before the hour to make sure they were on time. They are probably also unconsciously trying to demonstrate their eagerness and sense of responsibility by arriving early. In the United States, arriving this early would be interpreted as a sign of insecurity as well as an infringement on thet time of the receiving side. >日本人も時間に几帳面です。時には、ほかの文化の基準に基づくとあまりに几帳面すぎます。複数の日本人学生のグループに、正式なアポイントメントのためにはいつ到着しますかと尋ねられた時、何人かは、時間通りに到着したことを確かにするために、決められた時間の10分か、15分、さらに20分前にすら到着すると答えました。彼らはまた、早めに到着することでおそらくは自分たちの熱意や責任感を無意識のうちに実演してみせようとしているのです。こんなに早く着くことという行為は、アメリカでは不安感があるという兆候だけでなく、約束した側の時間を邪魔する行為と解釈されます。 ★Japanese are prompt, too:「日本人はまた時間に几帳面です」。tooは、Japaneseでなくpromptにかかると思います。 ★sometimes too prompt according to the standards of other cultures:「他文化の基準によれば、時に几帳面すぎるほど(です)」。同じtooでも上の場合とは使い方が違いますね。しかし、この語のもと(副詞的用法のto「~して〔さらに〕」の強調形)を考えれば、両方の使い方の関連性がつかめますね。 ★When several groups of Japanese students were asked~:お訳の「複数の日本人学生のグループに、正式なアポイントメントのためにはいつ到着しますかと尋ねられた時」は、格関係に齟齬(あるいは語句の不足)がありますね。→「日本人学生のグループが、~と尋ねられた時」、または「日本人学生のグループに、~しますかという問いが向けられた時」。 ★what time they would arrive for an official appointment:「正式な面会約束のためにいつ到着するか」。「アポイントメント」はほとんど日本語ですが、「面会約束」とも訳せるでしょう。 ★some said they would arrive 10, 15, even 20 minutes before the hour:「約束時間の10分、15分、さらには20分前に到着すると答えた者が数人いました」。some said「何人かは答えた」よりも「答えた者が数人いた」のほうがやや自然な感じですね。 ★to make sure they were on time:「確実に間に合うように」。直訳は、「時間通りに到着することを確かにするために」(wereが過去形なのは「時制の一致」です)とお訳のとおりですね。 ★They are probably also unconsciously trying to ~:「おそらく彼らは、これも無意識のうちに、~しようとしている」。alsoはunconsciouslyにかかると思います。「時間に几帳面なこともそうだが、これも無意識に…」という感じでしょう。なお、「実演してみせようとしている」は、補いすぎかも知れません。 ★arriving this early:「このように早く着くことは」。thisは(soに近いような意味の)副詞的用法で、もちろんearlyにかかっていますね。 ★as a sign of insecurity as well as an infringement on thet (→that) time of the receiving side(誤植1つカッコ内に直しておきます):「不安感の表れというだけでなく、相手方の時間を侵害する行為とも解釈される」。sign of insecurityは「不安感の表れ」でいいと思います。 ⇒日本人はまた時間に几帳面で、他文化の基準によれば、時に几帳面すぎるほどです。日本人学生のグループが、正式な面会約束のためにいつ到着するか尋ねられた時、確実に間に合うよう約束時間の10分、15分、さらには20分前に到着すると答えた者が数人いました。おそらく彼らは、これも無意識のうちに、早めに到着することで熱意や責任感を示そうとしているのでしょう。アメリカでは、このように早く着くのは、不安感の表れというだけでなく、相手方の時間を侵害する行為と解釈されることもあるでしょう。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

In the early summer of 1492, three ships left Spain. The crew were apprehansive because they didn't know where they were going. The captain didn't tell them where they would land.Columbus told his crew that they would be arriving in Asia in a few months. He had no idea he was going to land on another continent-a land that didn't appear on European maps. 少し長いですが、特にwould....,とwas going toの訳がいまいちわかりません。訳せる方よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳して下さい!!(^_^;)

(1) Most people , when they are left free to fill their own time according to their own choice , are at a loss to think of anything sufficiently pleasant to be worth doing. And whatever they decide on , they are troubled by the feeling that something else would have been pleasanter. (2) Athletes do not perform or compete in social vacuums. One could even argue that modern athletics would not exist without audiences and sport fans. How many athletes would continue to train and compete if no spectators were present in athletic event? Probably none. (3) As a student of Japan and things Japanese , I find this country and its inhabitants to be a living study. Instead of being thousands of miles away as they would be were I to live in my homeland , all the materials for research lie close at hand. All that is necessary is to find the time and to put in the effort. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文和訳について

「次の英文の面白いところを要点を分かり易く、英語で説明しなさい。」という問題がテストに出るそうなのですが、どのように答えれば完璧でしょうか。できるだけ簡単によろしくお願いします。 A Canadian couple took a trip to Japan. They had studied Japanese in Canada before starting on their trip. On their first night in Tokyo, they went to a sushi shop. When they finished eating, the husband tried to use Japanese and asked, “Ikura?’’ meaning "How much is it?'' The cook at the counter shouted loudly, "Ikura for two!'' Beautiful Ikura-zushi was immediately placed in front of the amazed Canadians. The man was disappointed. He changed from Japanese to English, and again asked for their bill, "How much?'' Do you think they got the bill? No. This time they got Hamachi-zushi!

• 英文と和訳があります。訳は正しいですか?

Differences in appointment time can create real problems when people from many different cultures must function together. Many years ago, I helped to take 20 bus loads of youths of many nation from Tokyo to Osaka to visit EXPO '70. There were problems every time the bus left in the morning after a stopover. The Japanese arrived early and were sitting on the buses by 9:00 a.m. The Indians and Southeast Asians never came on time, and usually someone would have to go get them. Some of them were still asleep or just getting dressed. Even then, they never hurried. 日本語訳 たくさんの違う文化をもつ人々が一緒に動かなければならない時、アポイントメント時間の違いは大問題を引き起こします。かなり前、私はエキスポ70に行くために、東京から大阪までバス20台分の多くの国の若者たちを連れて行くのを手伝いました。(人を乗せるためにどこかに)泊りの後、午前中にバスが出発するときはいつでも問題が起きました。日本人は早めに着いて、午前9時までにはバスに乗車していました。インド人と東南アジアからの人は決して時間どおりには来ず、通常誰かが連れてこなければなりませんでした。そうした人たちのうち幾人かは、まだ寝ていたり着替え中の人もいました。そのような時ですら決して急ごうとはしませんでした。

• 次の英文を和訳してください!

What would you do if you had two hours to invest five dollars? In an experiment, teams received an envelope with five dollars and were told they could spend as much time as they wanted planning. However, once they opened the envelope,the y had two hours to generate as much money as possible. She gave them from Wednesday afternoon until Sunday evening to complete the assignment. Then, on Monday afternoon each team had three minutes to present their plans to the class. They were encouraged to be entrepreneurial by identifying opportunities, challenging assumptions, leaveraging the limited resources they had, and by being creative. What would do if you were faced with this challenge? Would you go to Las Vegas or would you buy a lottery ticket? There may be significant risk with a small chance of winning. Another idea is to set up a car wash or lemonade stand, using the five dollars to purchase the start-up materials. But most of her students eventually found a way to go far beyond the standard responses. They seriously challenged traditional assumptions–exposing a wealth of possibilities–in order to create as much value as possible.

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m4

Another group involved in mammoth research was an international team headed by Dr. Goto Kazufumi. There were 33 scientists on this team. They were Japanese, Russian, and British. In August 1997, they went on their first expedition to look for a mammoth. At that time, they were only able to find mammoth bones. They said, "If there were also piece of skin, we could get some mammoth DNA." In August 1999, Dr. Goto tried again to find a mammoth with a second team made up of 26 Japanese and Russian scientists. This time they found a piece of mammoth skin, but it was not in good enough condition to use the DNA. The Japanese project is now led by Dr. Iritani Akira, and they keep trying to find mammoths. In 2002, they found another frozen mammoth in Siberia. A piece of flesh taken from it was brought to Japan in July 2003. its DNA was also not well preserved, but the team didn't give up the project.

• 和訳お願いします。

I started studying Japanese language in 1974, in a Tokyo university with many other foreign students. Although the tests and lessons were well-designed, I was soon quite frustrated and dissatisfied with my progress in that situation. Most of my classmates were also non-Japanese, so the dangerous tendency was to speak in English or French outside of classes. Except for the small number who wanted to "brush up their English," the normal Japanese students refused to associate with the illiterate foreigners. I soon found that I had gravitated to a small group of Koreans and Hawaiians, who agreed to speak only in Japanese. However, I felt that my Japanese was not likely to improve much without native speakers as models. I was depressed by the number of Americans concerned only with obtaining as much money, sex, marijuana, or media-coverage as they could obtain during their year in Japan, rather than really trying to appreciate the culture in which they were guests. So I began to look around for a more isolated university which would admit and teach Japanese to foreigners, but without the problems of Tokyo's "international set."

• この英文をどなたか和訳してください。

1.“Everything in Japan seems about half the size of things in our society”, runs the typical American refrain. 2.Some scholars define Japanese culture as a ‘compact culture.’ 3.In the chapter, I will show you some evidence for that. 4.Traditional aspects of Japanese culture provide an abundance of examples of compact culture. 5.Bonsai, or an art of creating dwarfed potted trees, is a perfect example.] 6.In Ikebana, which is Japanese flower arranging a vast universe is compactly expressed by an elegant combining of flowers. 7.Even in the layout of a traditional Japanese garden, there is a unique technique of incorporating the outer scenery into a small garden called ‘shakkei.’ 8.Haiku, the shortest poem of a 5-7-5 pattern, also appropriately illustrates a compact culture. 9.Throughout Japan’s history, Japanese eating habits have had a tendency towards compactness. 10.In the Heian period, the dishes eaten by court nobles were gorgeous with several separate trays full of food. 11.Over the course of time, those gorgeous dishes were transformed into a compact lunch box called a ‘makunouchi bento.’ 12.Today, any trip to the local supermarket is a visual feast because this time-honored tradition of delectable delights attracts everyone as they walk by. 13.Elements of a compact culture can also be detected with regards to religious aspects in Japan. 14.A large shrine can be represented by a portable shrine called an ‘omikoshi’. 15.In this way, the same deities can be worshipped at special festivals anywhere outside the shrine. 16.This portable shrine can further be ‘reduced’ (in a sense) to be represented by a small Shinto altar in a traditional Japanese home so that people can pray to the deities anytime at home. 17.And lastly, this altar can be represented by a portable charm called an ‘omamori,’ a definitive example of this unique Japanese compact culture. 18.Learning, you could say, is also related to compact culture

• 英語 長文の和訳を教えてください。

Perhaps more importantly, the seeds of japanese culture were spread in the united states by the almost two million americans who came to japan during the occupation. While they represented only about one percent of the population, they had a tremendous influence on the american image of japan. As each of them returned to the U.S., they brought tales of life in this strange, exotic country which spread to their friends, relatives and neighbors.

• 英文を訳してください。

I have been thinking about this question for some time. As a matter of fact, one user of the Q&A site Quora asked the same question, “What does it mean to be Japanese?” With your permission, I would like to present to you the following link: https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-be-Japanese As you can see, the question has been given answers on Quora, but they are written in English. Furthermore, there are less than one million Japanese users out of more than one hundred million users. As a result, questions about Japan are more likely to be answered by Americans, British, Canadians, Chinese, Germans, Indians, South Koreans, etc. Being able to write English skillfully is a requirement, but I believe that there is a Quora Japanese Language Version now. That is why this Canadian would like to ask Japanese who were born and raised in Japan this question: what does it mean to be Japanese? • If I put this question into the wrong category, then I apologize.