• ベストアンサー

こういうのは、OK英語でしょうか?

in my country it is very cold in February. in the water there was little water. → なんとなく、英語の会話では、使われていそうなのですが、だめでしょうか?     日本の英語のテストで、これを書いたらバツになりますか? 

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • nolaneco
  • ベストアンサー率62% (322/512)
回答No.2

こんにちは。 質問文は最初が小文字で変なので以下のように直してみました。 In my country, it is very cold in February. であれば○になるでしょう。文法的に問題ないので受験では問題ないと みなされます。 In the water, thre was little water. は意味不明な感じがします。訳すと「水の中には、水がほとんどなかった。」 となります。waterには水域って意味もあるようですがそれでも違和感があります。 In the pond, there was little water. 池の中には、水がなかった。 とかであれば○になるでしょう。これも文法的に問題ないので受験では問題ない とみなされます。

penichi
質問者

お礼

やはり、カンマが必要ですかね・・・。 大文字のことは、すみません。私の不注意でした。 とても良くわかりました。 ご回答、どうもありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

バツになりますね。小文字で文をはじめてピリオドを打って終る。こんなのテキストでは使えません。 大文字で始めるのなら、最初の文はいいとして(でもin my countryが文頭に来るだけの理由が、前後関係にないとどうかと思いますが)、後の文のIn the waterというのは変ですね。水の中にほとんど水がなかったーーめちゃくちゃです。これは大文字ではじめても、使えません。 以上でいかがでしょうか?

penichi
質問者

お礼

in the water は、失礼しました。 コップの中には、、、といった文章でした・・・。 倒置法のような表現が、英語でも使えるのか、だとしたらその時にカンマは必要なのだろうか? ・・・といった疑問から、この質問をしました。 ご回答、どうもありがとうございました! 

関連するQ&A

• この英文についてです

There is very little time left in my winter vacation. という文なんですが、there is very little time in my winter vacationじゃおかしいですか? あと、very little time の後に過去分詞のleftが来てることが理解できないです。 どなたか説明していただけませんでしょうか?

• 英語 和訳

和訳お願いします (1)When people travel to other countries, they find that many things are different from the things in their own country. (2)It can be very hot in summer and very cold and snowy in winter. (3)People who come from hot countries often find that it is too cold for them in December, January, ane February. (4)It is sometimes difficult to talk to them on the street because they are always very busy and don't have much time.

• この英語のジョークがよく分かりません‥

彼に好意を持って頂いてるのですが、このジョークがよく分かりません。。 前のメール■「University in Japan sounds difficult! In ○○(その人の国名), There is no test. hmmmm... maybe that is not true. There is one University where there is "entrance exam war"... It is a school for girls only. ○○(その人の名前)University :D hahaha You have the best score ;) <3」 返信した後のメール■「Good luck in my University! The 'entrance exam' is very difficult. It is... very big and very hard. ;D hahaha 」

• There is (are)構文を用いて

塾で 英語の授業で国名当てクイズを作ってきなさいという宿題が出ました。 以下例です。1~5がヒントになっています。 (1) There are a lot of animals in this country. (2) There is one big rock mountain in this country. (3) There are koalas and kangaroos living in this country. (4) There is water all around this country. (5) It is winter there when it is summer in Japan. 答え  Australia. このような問題を10個作ってきなさいと言われました。 なるべくThere is(are)を使って作りなさいと言われました。 いくつか例をあげてくれると助かります。

• 英語が正しいか教えてください。

Firstly, I maintain that the exam. Now, children have to do exam in my country. Mid-term test is part of exam. They study for mid-term test. My score is very bad when I was junior high school student. I was very sad. This is because I have study hard. It is true I could give good score, but I had given the exam for go to high school. My friend had given the exam too. While she have study hard, she couldn’t gave the exam. It is because she gave off heat on the day of the exam. Now, however, she is very happy. After all, she can do what she wants to do. I think it was luck. I didn’t know it happens. Now, but, I thinking it was luck. So I suppose that luck is important very much. この英文が正しいかどうか教えてください。 間違いがあれば、指摘してほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の質問です

アメリカに住んでる知り合いに「一週間くらい家に泊まらせてください。それと、そちらの地域の観光地をネットで調べたんですが、特に見つけられませんでした。なのでおすすめの観光地を教えてください」 とメールしたら下記のように返ってきたんですが、(1)(2)(3)(4)の文がいまいち理解できません。 There are not a lots of places around Little Rock to visit. Little Rock is not a big city. It does not have national parks. You can ask Shota where he went last time. I can bring you some places he went. There is a Clinton Library in Little Rock. There is a limestone cave 3 hrs away from my home. There is a city called Dallas 5.5 hours away from my home. There is a roller coaster park you can ride if you like riding roller coaster.We need to stay there at lease one night in hotel though. There is a water park in a city 1 hr away from us. It has all kinds of water roller coasters. It depends what you want to do. It is impossible if you want to see those famous places in a week. (1)『I have not gone to those places yet except Disney.』 (2)『I want to wait for Alex a little bit older.』 (3)『It is ok if you want to have some fun.』 (4)『I can take few days off to go with you.』 (1)「私はディズニーを除いた上記の場所に行ったことが無い」 (2)「アレックスがもうちょっと育つまで待ちたい」←何を待ちたいのか分かりません (3)「もしあなたが楽しみたいのならokです?」 (4)「あなたのために数日休みを取ることができる」 僕とこの知り合いの関係や、他の事情を解してないと答えづらいかと思いますが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語日記28(2) 

すいませんが最近英語力のライティングをあげようと英作文をまいにち書くようにしてます。 レベルのひくい英作文ではずかしいのですが。できれば文法や細かい間違いを指摘して頂けると幸いです。 I have been there when I came to Australia first time. I think that the time flows really slowly in Cairns. This is because Cairns is a kind of tourist city. Many people are coming from all over the world. It may look like Hawaii. There was one thing that I could not believe was that someone walked with strip to the waist. Someone call the police and catch him if he would do it in my country. So I didn’t believe it. And I have one more thing surprising me is that many people have tattoos in Cairns. My country image of tattoo is very bad. There are few people have tattoo in my country. For example, like a group of gangster. My mother said “you mustn’t have a tattoo” before going to Australia. However, there are many tattoos includes women as well. Cairns is small city but people are good and commodity price is not expensive. Cairns is one of the city that live easily.

• 英語訳お願いします。

どなたか、英語が堪能な方お願いします。 (1) This is charcoal. I like barbeque very much. I often have barbeque party with my family and friends in summer. It is really fun and dish is very delicious. (2) This is an autographed ball. I was given an autograph by Mr.Yoshinobu Takahashi in Yomiuri Giants. It is genuine. I like baseball since long ago. My father watched Major League games on TV in the weekend and I came to like it affected by that. (3) These are vegetables. I am working as a part time worker at the grocery store. All worker are friendly and cheerful and I am happy to work. My job is easy. (lol) Good points to work there are that hourly pay is high and I can eat many fresh fruits. (4) This is a savings bank in the form of Jizo (a guardian deity of children). It has good touch and I like it. No money is in it. (lol) (5) This is a seal. I bought it when I went to the trip to Beijing, China. It was made of crystal and by craftsman’s hands. I like it very much but have never used. (lol) (6) This is a photo of Tenanmon. It was very cold on the day I took this photo. It was very wide and the building had sense of history. Here was also a location site of the movie "Last Emperor." (7) This is a ticket of the World Cup. I went to the World Cup 2006 in Germany. I saw the game between Japan and Brazil and was very excited. Dortmund in Germany had very beautiful street and very tasty baked sausage 長文すいません・・・

• 英語の質問です!

There () so it will take a long time to move. (1)is many furniture (2)are a lot of funitures (3)is a lot of furniture (4)are many furnitures He will be back () about ten minutes. (1)during (2)till (3)of (4)in He is very ill but there is () hope for him. (1)a little (2)little (3)a few (4)few () passed the test, but there were some who failed. (1)Almost students (2)Most of the student (3)Almost the students (4)Most students It was () we found the nice antique silver spoons. (1)in London that (2)what in London (3)London in where (4)in London which He () us a tale about his adventure. (1)said (2)spoke (3)told (4)talked の答えと解説をお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします【高1レベル】

お世話になります。私は独学で英語を勉強している者です。 英作文の添削をお願いいたします。 1.名前を呼ばれるのが聞こえたので,私は話すのを止めた。 I heard my name called, so I stopped talking. 2.私はパスポート用に写真を1枚撮ってもらった。 I had my picture taken for my passport. 3.ペットボトルには水がほとんど残っていなかった。 There was little water left in the plastic bottle. 大きなミスも,小さなことも歓迎です。