• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

英文の日本語訳の添削をお願いします

以下の英文を日本語訳してみました。添削をお願いできればと思います。 誤っている部分もあるかもしれませんが、より自然な文章にしたいと思っています。 よろしくお願い致します。 My nephew, George, has a money-box but it is always empty. Very few of the sixpences I have given him have found their way there. I gave him sixpence yesterday and advised him to save it. Instead, he bought himself sixpence worth of trouble. On his way to the sweet shop, he dropped his sixpence and it rolled along the pavement and then disappeared down a drain. George took off his jacket, rolled up his sleeves and pushed his right arm through the drain cover. He could not find his sixpence anywhere, and what is more, he could not get his arm out. 私の甥、ジョージは貯金箱を持っているが、いつも空だ。私があげた6ペンス硬貨がそこにたどり着いたことはほとんどない。昨日彼に6ペンスをあげ、とっておくようにと助言した。その代わりに、彼は6ペンス分の困難を買ったのだ。お菓子屋さんへ行く途中、6ペンスを落とし、舗道に沿って転がって行き、それから下水溝に落ちて消えた。ジョージは上着を脱ぎ、袖をまくり、下水溝の穴から右腕を入れた。6ペンスはどこにも見つからず、おまけに手が抜けなくなってしまったのである。

• isk
  • お礼率53% (28/52)

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数2
  • 閲覧数805
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3490/5258)

添削など恐れ多いので、私の訳を参考にして下さい。この訳によいところがあればそれを参考にし、悪いところがあれば笑ってやって下さい。 試訳 甥っ子のジョージの貯金箱はいつも空だ。6ペンス硬貨をあげたって、貯金箱に入ることなど、まずない。昨日も6ペンス硬貨をあげて、ちゃんと貯金するんだぞと言ってやったのに、案の定、6ペンス硬貨は、それ相応のトラブルに取って代わった。駄菓子屋へ行く途中、6ペンス硬貨を落としたのだ。歩道を転がり、ついには溝の中に消えてしまった。上着を脱ぎ、袖を捲り上げ、溝の蓋の穴から右手を突っ込んだ。どこを探っても6ペンス硬貨はなく、こともあろうに右腕が溝の中から抜けなくなってしまった。 (途中、1番目の「溝」という字には「どぶ」というルビを打ちます) 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

お礼が遅くなり、申し訳ありません。 ご回答ありがとうございます! とても自然な日本語で参考になりました。溝にどぶというルビ、いいですね!

質問者からの補足

お二人ともとても参考になりましたので、先に回答していただいた方をベストアンサーと させていただきます。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.2

甥のジョージの貯金箱はいつも空っぽ。何度も渡した10円玉がそこまでたどり着いたことはほとんどない。きのうも10円玉をあげて、貯金するように言っておいたのに、彼はその10円でトラブルを買うことになってしまった。お菓子屋さんへ行こうとして、その10円玉を落としてしまったのだ。10円玉は舗道を転がり、側溝に落ちて見えなくなった。急いで上着を脱ぎ、袖まくりをして、溝のフタの隙間から腕をねじ込んだ。どんなに手を伸ばしても10円玉は見つからず、手が抜けなくなるというおまけまでついてしまった。 10円玉を使って、訳臭さを抜いてみましたが、どうでしょう。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

お礼が遅くなり、申し訳ありません。 ご回答ありがとうございます。 6ペンスを10円玉にというのはとても面白いと思いました!

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

チャップリンの自伝の文章なのですが、日本語訳をお願いします。 I saw Frank Tinney again on the stage a few years later and was shocked, for the comic Muse had left him. He was so self-conscious that I could not believe it was the same man. It was this change in him that gave me the idea years later for my film Limelight. I wanted to know why he had lost his spirit and his assurance. In Limelight the case was age; Calvero grew old and introspective and acquired a feeling of dignity, and this divorced him from all intimacy with the audience.

• 日本語訳をお願いします

ソローの思想について書かれたものですが、良く意味がわかりません。 宜しくご教示お願いします。 All that he could think of was to practise some new austerity, to let his mind descent into his body and redeem it, and treat himself with ever increasing respect.

• 英文の日本語訳についておしえてください

英語の予習で日本語訳をやっているのですがあっているか心配です。 なので間違っているところの指摘をお願いします。 ●英文 The girl's father was pleased. He was sure the boy was no longer in love with his daughter. When he finished reading the letter, he gave it to her. The girl rwad the letter and said, "He loves me so much! I wish I could go out with him again!" Why was the girl so pleased ? She and the boy had a secret way of writing to each other. She read the first line, and then the third line, nad then the fifth line, and so on, to the end of the letter. ●日本語訳 女性の父親は満足しました。 彼は、青年が娘に恋をしてないと確信しました。 彼が手紙を読み終えて、手紙を彼女に渡しました。 女性は手紙を読んで 「彼は私をとても愛してる!またデートできればな!」と言いました。 なぜ、女性はそのように喜んだのか? 彼女と青年はお互いに秘密の書き方をしていました。 彼女が読んだ1行目と3行目と5行目が手紙の最後になっています。

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (17) Patriotic writers like Livy took great pride in telling about brave Horatius and how he stopped the foreign attackers. Livy knew that the story was exaggerated and that his first-century readers wouldn't completely believe it. But he wasn't telling it to get the facts straight. He told it because it painted a picture of Roman courage at its best. Horatius represented the “true Roman.” (18) Even though Rome had abolished kingship, the Senate had the power to appoint a dictator in times of great danger. This happened in 458 BCE when the Aequi, an Italic tribe living west of Rome, attacked. The Senate sent for Cincinnatus, a farmer who had served as a consul two years earlier. The Senate's messengers found him working in his field and greeted him. They asked him to put on his toga so they might give him an important message from the Senate. Cincinnatus “asked them, in surprise, if all was well, and bade his wife, Racilia, to bring him his toga.... Wiping off the dust and perspiration, he put it on and came forward.” than the messengers congratulated Cincinnatus and told him that he had been appointed dictator of Rome.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (21) During his own lifetime, Cicero was known as a great statesman, orator, and man of action. But he died a bitterly disappointed man. He had failed to do what he most wanted to accomplish: to save the Roman Republic. Not even Cicero's enemies, though, could doubt his love for Rome. Plutarch, writing many years after Cicero's death, tells a story about Octavian─after he had risen to great power as the emperor Augustus Caesar. The emperor found his grandson reading a book written by Cicero. Knowing that his grandfather had agreed to let Mark Antony's soldiers murder Cicero, “The boy was afraid and tried to hide it under his gown. Augustus...took the book from him, and began to read it.... When he gave it back to his grandson, he said,‘My child, this was a learned man, and a lover of his country.’”

• 次の英文の日本語訳をお願いします

It was a very demanding hike and we were very pleased that he hiked the trail like he had been doing it all his life. ホストファミリーが息子を登山に連れて行ってくれました 結構きつい行程だったようですが・・・ like~以下が特にわかりません よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (17) Augustus Caesar, now the emperor of Rome, worked to reorganize the government and military. His greatest accomplishment was the creation of a system of government that lasted in Rome for five centuries: the Roman Empire. (18) Augustus created Rome's first police and fire brigade. He created a network of roads that connected the major cities of the empire, linking them all to Rome. He changed the way finance were handled and issued new gold and silver coins. He gave free food to the poor. He built the Forum of Augustus and decorated it with statues of his ancestors. He beautified the city and boasted of this accomplishment: “I found a city made of brick and left it a city of marble.” Augustus also sponsored artists and poets like Horace and Virgil, whose works glorified Rome─and, of course, himself. (19) Throughout his reign, Augustus never forgot that his great-uncle had been killed by jealous enemies who feared his power and popularity. Augustus pretended that his powers were all voluntarily given. He allowed freedom of speech and encouraged people to give him advice. But he was clever. He knew how to use power without seeming to seek or even treasure it. During his rule, magistrates were still elected to govern Rome. By sharing power with the magistrates, Augustus kept people from worrying that he was governing Rome alone. In fact, the soldiers were loyal to him and him alone─he paid their salaries and his treasury would pay their pensions. (20) The emperor's authority was so great that everyone left all the major decisions to him. But he was also very careful. Augustus kept a force of 4,500 soldiers to defend him. These soldiers, later called the Praetorian Guard, protected all of Italy. But some of them were always on hand to protect the emperor. To be on the safe side, the guards allowed only one senate at a time to approach the emperor, and they searched each man before he came close.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

In 1902, after several unsuccessful attempts, he was elected deputy. He declared himself a strong partisan of the union of the Left in what was known as the Bloc, in order to check the reactionary Deputies of the Right. From the beginning of his career in the Chamber of Deputies, Briand was occupied with the question of the separation of church and state. He was appointed reporter of the commission charged with the preparation of the 1905 law on separation, and his masterly report at once marked him out as one of the coming leaders. He succeeded in carrying his project through with but slight modifications, and without dividing the parties upon whose support he relied. He was the principal author of the law of separation, but, not content with preparing it, he wished to apply it as well. The ministry of Maurice Rouvier was allowing disturbances during the taking of inventories of church property, a clause of the law for which Briand was not responsible. Consequently, he accepted the portfolio of Public Instruction and Worship in the Sarrien ministry (1906).

• 英文を日本語に訳して、()に入る文も答えてください

When he was a little boy, George Washington was given a hatchet for his birthday. Eager to try his shiny new tool, George went out and practiced chopping on one of his father`s cherry trees. When the tree was found dead, George was asked by his father ( 1 ). "I can`t tell a lie, Pa; you know I can`t tell a lie. I cut it with my hatchet." Instead of being angry, George`s father was delighted by his son`s honesty. "Run to my arms, you dearest boy," he cried, and then embraced his son. This is the story almost all Americans know about George Washington. On the face of it, it is merely a children`s tale with a moral message: it is good to tell the truth. ( 2 ), for some reason, this seemingly simple story has become one of the myths that hold Americans together. ・(1) (1)why he had told him a lie (2)how to cut his cherry tree (3)if he had done it (4)what he had used to cut his cherry tree ・(2) (1)Therefore (2)However (3)Indeed (4)As a result

• 日本語訳お願いします。

He counted how long he could hold his breath. Each day he improved his time. Even back at home he timed himself by the clock, and was proud to find he could hold his breath for two minutes. The authority of the clock brought close the adventure that was so important to him. The day after tomorrow, his mother reminded him casually one morning, they must go home. He swam straight out to the rock and looked down into the water. This was the moment when he would try. If he did not do it now, he never would. He filled his lungs, started to count, and dived to the bottom. He was soon inside the dark, narrow hole. The water pushed him up against the roof. The roof was sharp and hurt his back. He pulled himself along with his hands — fast, fast. His head knocked against something; a sharp pain dizzied him. He counted: one hundred… one hundred and fifteen. The hole had widened! He gave himself a kick forward and swam as fast as he could. He lost track of time and said one hundred and fifteen to himself again. Then he saw light. Victory filled him. His hands, reaching forward, met nothing; and his feet propelled him out into the open sea. He floated to the surface, pulled himself up onto the rock and lay face down, catching his breath. After a time he felt better and sat up. Then he swam to shore and climbed slowly up the path to the house. His mother came to meet him, smiling. “Have a nice time?” she asked. “Oh, yes, thank you,” he said. “How did you cut your head?” “Oh, I just cut it.” They sat down to lunch together. “Mom,” he said, “I can hold my breath for two minutes — three minutes.” “Can you, darling?” she said. “Well, you shouldn’t overdo it. You look a bit pale. I don’t think you ought to swim any more today.” She was ready for a battle of wills, but he gave in at once. It was no longer of the least importance to go to the bay.