• ベストアンサー

日本語文の英訳について

英訳の問題について自信が無いので質問させてください。 (1)彼らは奈良の大仏を見て驚いた。 They were surprised to see the Great Buddha at Nara. (2)彼らが昼食を作って楽しい時間を過ごした。 They made lunch and had a good time. で、正しいでしょうか? 違ったり、もっと適切な英訳がありましたら教えていただけるとありがたいです。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

(1) OK.   他 They were surprised at the Great Buddha in Nara. "to see"は具体的にしなくても自然です. (2) OK.   ただし,昼食作りと楽しい時間が2つの出来事のようにも解釈できます.もし「いっしょに昼食を   作ることが楽しかった」と表現したいなら,They had a good time making lunch for themselves.

toketai
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れてしまいすみません。 丁寧な解答ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (9) The Egyptian seamen used their oars to maneuver the warships even closer. They tossed grappling hooks into the Sea Peoples' vessels. When the hooks took hold the Egyptians heaved on the lines and capsized the Sea Peoples' boats. As they tumbled into the water they were "butchered and their corpses hacked up." Others were grabbed, chained, and taken prisoner before they could swim to shore. (10) In the victory scene at the mortuary temple, we see a pile of severed hands presented to Ramesses III. Prisoners taken alive were branded and assigned to labor forces. The vizier counted everything―hands, spoils, prisoners―for an official report. Ma'at had conquered chaos. The battle against the Sea Peoples had been won. "Their hearts and their souls are finished for all eternity. Their weapons are scattered in the sea."

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The Ottoman centre and left columns were skilfully led round the open flank of the infantry's entrenchments and on towards the camp and railway. After the moon had set at around 02:30, the Germans and Ottomans made a bayonet charge on Mount Meredith. Although vastly outnumbered, the light horsemen fought an effective delaying action at close quarters, but were forced to relinquish ground slowly and to ultimately evacuate the position by 03:00. Without the benefit of moon light, the light horsemen had fired at the flashes of the enemy's rifles until they were close enough to use bayonets.

• 英訳教えてください!

I went out with a friend on Saturday. 私は日曜日に友達と遊びに行きました。 At first we had lunch. 最初に昼食をとりました。 パスタを食べました。とても美味しかったです。 I ate pasta. It was so delicious. 次に○○という映画を観に行きました。 We saw the movie afterwards. 人がとてもたくさんいました。 その後サーティーワンでアイスクリームを食べました。 It was very fun.In addition, I want to go. とても楽しかったです。また行きたいです。 英訳を書いてないところと、書いてるところを自然になおして頂けると嬉しいです。 宜しくお願いしますm(._.)m

• 【至急】下記の文の日本語訳を教えてください!

【至急】下記の文の日本語訳を教えてください! The Beatles owed their success to several factors. They were of course very talented. But also, the group was formed at just the right time. Record players and transistor radios had become common, and then there was the television boom. Young people could now listen to and even see their favorite pop stars, any time they wanted. Everything was working in favor of the Beatles. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語訳に

In 1999, she made her big screen debut by playing the lead in I Love You. Since she had no training to be an actor, Akiko had a hard time at first. Once, she cried so much during rehearsals thet she could not shed a tear during the actual shooting. Shortly after her debut, some children studying at a school for dear people asked if they , too, could be actors 明日までにこの宿題を提出しなくてなりません。 誰か日本語訳にしてください。 お願いします。 (翻訳サイトを使ってみましたけど、変な日本語になって理解できませんでした。たぶん自分の使っているサイトがダメだったのかな…)

• 日本語訳お願いします。

“I call the police”, I thought. I quickly grabbed the phone and dialed the emergency number.”Help!” I said. “It’s eaten my wife.” The wire had been torn from the wall. Now I understood why cordless telephones were so popular. I made a mental note to order a few dozen the next day. Suddenly the thing pounced on me. One moment, my $128 Regals had laces, the next moment they were slip-ones. Just then, my wife walked in.”Haven’t you fed Lollipop yet?” she asked .”Lollipop,”I thought. Anyone who names a baby wolf Lollipop deserves to be eaten alive. She took out a packet of my favorite breakfast cereal and poured some into a big bowl. Lollipop bounded over and ate his meal in less time than it takes a supercomputer to add two and two. “So he eaten Glanola too, does he?” I said with respect. I looked back at the half-time. They’d probably taste quite good with a ton of ketchup. “That’s not Granola,”said my wife. “It’s Superchunk. Dog food. And Lollipop isn’t a he, she ‘s a she.”

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (7) But now the battle moved to the Mediterranean. Egypt was not known for having much of a navy. Its navy was essentially the army with a little training at sea. Egyptians hated the sea―or the "Great Green" as they called it. Now they must fight the Sea Peoples on the Great Green. (8) From the text inscribed at Ramesses III's mortuary temple, we know that the Sea Peoples "penetrated the channels of the Nile Mouths" and that Ramesses III attacked "like a whirlwind against them." Although the Egyptian seamen were not as skilled as the Sea Peoples, their boats had oars―not just sails like the Sea Peoples' vessels. On open waters the Egyptian navy wouldn't have had a chance, but in the confined river mouths they could maneuver using oars. The Egyptian warships herded the Sea Peoples' boats closer and closer to land, where Ramesses III had lined the shore with archers. When the enemy ships were forced within firing range, the Egyptian archers let go volley after volley of arrows. The air filled with the hiss of their flight and the thwack of their landing. Egyptian marine archers joined the land archers firing from the boat decks in unison. Arrows fell like rain on the Sea Peoples who, armed with only swords and spears, cowered helplessly.

• 会議室の案内についての英訳

会議室の案内の英訳にこまっています。 ネイティブの人にあてた案内なのでおかしいところがありましたら 直していただけませんか。お願いします。 時間: *12月19日のみ 13:00-15:00 (会議室は持ち込み飲食禁止のため、各自昼食を済ませて来て下さい) only Dec.19 13:00-15:00 You can`t eat at conference room. Finish lunch before the training starts.

• 英訳です!!

Then the time came for Tonky and Wanly. They always looked at people with loving eyes. They were sweet and gentle-hearted. However, the elephant keeepers had to stop giveng them anything to eat. When a keeper walked by their cage, they stood up and raised their trunks high in the air. They did their tricks because they were hoping to get food and water. Everyone at the zoo said with tears, “If they can live a few more days, the war may be over and they will be saved.”  Tonky and Wanly could no longer move. They lay down on the ground, but their eyes were beautiful. When an elephant keeper came to see them, they looked so weak. He became too sad to go back to see them. Bombs continued to dop on Tokyo. And a few days later, Tonk and Wanly died. Later, when the bodies of the elephants were examined, nothing was found in their stomachs -not even one drop of water. Today, the three elephants rest in peace with other animals under the monument at the Ueno Zoo.

• 以下の英文の日本語訳について

My old friends looked more at ease and confident than they had been when they were in L.A. この文の日本語訳は、 「私の古き友人たちは、彼らがL.A.にいるときよりも、よりリラックスしていて自信があるように見えた」 となっています。 私には、when以下が全文にかかって、 「私の古き友人たちは、L.A.にいるときが、今までで一番リラックスしていて自信があるように見えた」 のように読み取れるのですが…。 My old friends looked more at ease and confident than they were in L.A. という文章ならばすんなり理解できますが、この場合はどのように解釈するべきなのでしょうか?