Should High Schools Allow Students to Have Part-Time Jobs in Japan?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In Japan, some high schools prohibit students from having part-time jobs, even though they are legally allowed to work. This raises the question of whether such a school policy is agreeable or not.
  • Contrary to the school policy, I disagree with the prohibition of part-time jobs for high school students. Part-time jobs offer several benefits, such as gaining real-life work experience and understanding the nature of different jobs. Although it may limit study and leisure time, the exposure to work experiences can be invaluable and contribute to personal growth.
  • Given the limited time during the actual entrance exam, one possible improvement for this English composition would be to provide specific examples or anecdotes that support the argument. Additionally, it is important to ensure that the grammar and logical structure of the writing are sound. Ultimately, the response has the potential to be a strong answer that highlights the importance of allowing high school students to have part-time jobs.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

自由英作文早稲田法11年添削お願いします。

添削をお願いいたします。 第一志望は早稲田政経です。 [Q] In Japan, some high schools prohibit students from having part-time jobs, even though they are legally allowed to work. Do you agree with such a school policy or not? [My answer] I disagree with such a school policy. It has many good aspects to have part-time jobs. You can know what jobs are really like by having part-time jobs. It seems preparation of your future. Of course if you spend many times on working, you can't leave many times to study or play with friends, but I think the experiences of having jobs are even more worth than to study or play. That is why high schools should allow them to have part-time jobs and you should have the choice. ・入試本番において(今日の模試の会場で)数少ない時間の中でこの英文を改良してあげるとしたらどうすべきであったか。 ・文法的ミスはあるか。 ・論理構成はどうか。 ・合格答案になりえているか。 などの観点で見ていただければと思います。 よろしくお願いします

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • inopy7426
  • ベストアンサー率57% (143/247)
回答No.3

1 文法的側面(手直ししたものです) 第2文 By doing a part-time job you can get to know what the job is really like . 第3文 This can help you find a job suitable for you. This を主語にして前文とのつながりをはっきり示します。 第4文 Of course if you spend many days working, you can't find much time to study or go out with your friends, but I think the experience of having a job is of much more value than that of just studying and spending time with your friends. many times は何回も、友達と遊ぶはplay は使いません。価値があるは worth はbe worth -ing で使う方がいいと思います。 2 構成   まず最初に気づいたのは、第2文で many good aspects という語を使っているのに、 You can get to know の 一つの例しか具体例がないことです。ここは, Working part-time has several good aspects. にして、その例を2~3例挙げるといいと思います。  次に気づいたのは、根拠が抽象的なのでもっと具体的に表すといいでしょう。仕事をすることで価値があるというのは、トピツクセンテンスや結論で述べる内容でサポーティングセンテンスには適していません。Of course ~but I think- は結論でよく用います。Of course の文の前にもう一つ何か二番目の理由を入れるといいと思います。例えば、In addition, while working part-time you can form a new relationship with people working with you ,outside your university and regardless of age, through which you can extend your view of the world. など。良い点はFirst,Second などで箇条書きにしてないところです。自由英作文は予備校で教えていますがよい出来だと思います。この調子でがんばってください。

chuuuuuta0802
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。非常に参考になりました。新たなものも投稿しております。ぜひよろしくお願いいたします。http://oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/7018150.html

その他の回答 (2)

• snaporaz
  • ベストアンサー率40% (939/2342)
回答No.2

骨子となる論旨を(日本語で)決めたら、それをまず英語にする。 For high-school students, to experience several part-time jobs will be a good exercise for finding future permanent job. それを『膨らますのを英語で始める』。建築だとゾーニング"Zoning"というのですが、各文の役割と場所を概念でメモして、それをそのまま(日本語をこねまわさずに)いきなり英文にする。そのあとHoweverとかThereforeとか注意してそれらをつなぐ。骨子以外は下書きなし、ぶっつけで英語にする。なかなか難しいのですが、日本語のプロセスをできるだけ省略する。 英語の表現を使う限り「原因と結果」などの因果関係が極めて「クリアになるはず」なので、読み返してそうならない場合は日本語の言いまわしや発想が邪魔している場合が多いです。母国語で先に構成を決めすぎるとどうしてもそれを英訳するときに「慣れない表現を使ってしまう」ので、ぎこちなくなります。日本語が英語を濁らせます。背伸びせずシンプルな英文にとどめそれをきっちりつなぐほうが『幼稚な文ですが論旨は明快』になります。Non-nativeはそうやって英語を使っています。それが許されるのが英語、といってもいい。 反応はしてくれる方だとわかったので、今後気遣いは(私に対しては)無用です。ここもうまく使って志望校合格を勝ち取ってください。「受験」の観点からは少し離れてしまいますが「英語」のカテゴリもあります。

chuuuuuta0802
質問者

お礼

いつもありがとうございます。自由英作の書き方という広いアドバイス非常にさんこうになりました。またよろしくお願いいたします。→早稲田の政経ですhttp://oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/7018150.html

• snaporaz
  • ベストアンサー率40% (939/2342)
回答No.1

・"You can know"は不自然、knowは普通canを伴わない。"learn"や "be aware"や "experience". ・"many times" は"many hours"でしょうね。 ・"play with friends" で友だちと遊ぶと言いたいのでしょうが、playは子どもの遊びです。"enjoy yourself (with your friends)" ・"You can't leave many times" は、"you will not have enough hours"あたりか。 ・It seems preparation のくだりは、itが何を指すのか不明瞭。You can prepare for the future とか、simulate and consider the future とか。 ・また、文末の選択は"you should have options". 「オプション」ってよく使います。 論旨としては、高校生に「バイトは勉強や遊びより価値がある」と言ってしまうのは奇妙。だったら中卒で働けということになる。さらにまずいのは「バイトにより価値があると思うからバイトを許可するべきだ」という結論。「価値があるから価値がある」と言っている。つまり理由になっていないわけです。その前の「将来の準備」からつなげるほうがまだいい。 文としては成立しているので、20点配点なら6~7点くらい。おそらく日本語で組み立ててそれを英訳しているのでしょう、日本語のニュアンスに引っ張られ過ぎている感じがあります。 前の質問も締めてから続けるべきですね。フィードバックなしで回答もらいっぱなしなら、私の添削はこれで最後にします。別に英語のプロでもないですし。

chuuuuuta0802
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 >おそらく日本語で組み立ててそれを英訳しているのでしょう、日本語のニュアンスに引っ張られ過ぎている感じがあります。 まさにそのとおりです。そうでなくす方法を知りたいのですが、どうしてもそうなってしまいます・・・慣れるしか無いのでしょうか・・・? もう一つのほうにもかかせていただきましたが、返答遅くなってしまいすみませんでした。 こんかいは、自由英作のある過去問灯が被ったためにほぼ同時期の投稿となりました。 どちらも確実に参考にさせて頂きます。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

題名:高校が高校生のアルバイトを禁止することに賛成ですか。反対ですか。 I disaree with the idea that high schools prohibit high school students from doing part time job for two reasons. Firstly, high school students should get used to work. It is because some new employees tend to quit their jobs quickly that their jobs are not what they expected firstly. Solving this problem high school should admit the students to do part time job to make them understood what the work is. Secondly, we should make the students require the way of making better use of their time through part time jobs. It is because they don't know that and waste their times.They should strike a balance between their part time jobs and their studies.It enables the students to get the way of better use of the time naturally. With these reasons I mentioned above, I disagree with the idea that high schools prohibit high school students from doing part time job. 訳:私は高校が高校生にアルバイトを禁止することに以下の二つの理由から反対です。 一つ目は、高校生は仕事になれるべきであるからである。なぜなら、いくらかの新卒採用の社員が、自分が当初思っていたものと違っていたという理由ですぐに仕事を辞めているからである。なので高校は高校生に仕事とは何かをわからせるために彼らがアルバイトをすることをみとめるべきだ。 二つ目は生徒達にアルバイトをすることを通して時間の有効活用の方法を習得させるためである。 なぜなら彼らはその方法を知らずに、時間を無駄にしているからである。彼らはアルバイトと勉強の両立させるべきだ。それらの両立は生徒達に時間の有効活用の方法を自然と習得させることにつながる。 以上の理由から、私は高校が高校生にアルバイトを禁止するというアイディアに反対します。

• 自由英作添削お願いします!!早稲田政経です!!

早稲田政経チックに書きます。お題は最近話題なのを考えてみました。Read the statement below and write a paragraph giving at least two reasons why you agree or disagree with it.Write your answer in English in the space provided on your written sheet. 問題" Books should be replaced by electronic books." I disagree with the idea that books should be replaced by electronic books.First,it is almost impossible to put this idea into practice.People who like reading books at their hands would stop reading books. Many book shops would go bankrupt and their employees would lose their jobs. Trying to implement this idea will cause too many problems. Secnd, if this idea comes true ,children will use not teacching materials but PCs or smart phones to study. They will find it difficult to concentrate on studying and play with their PCs or smart phones even when they are studying at schools. 文法ミス、語法ミス、論理構成の矛盾等減点対象の指摘をお願いします!!

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

私にはあんなに留学はさせないと言っていたくせに、どうして由美には6ヶ月もドイツ語の勉強でヨーロッパに行かせることに決めたの? You told me many times that you don't allow me to go abroad to study ! Why did you decide to let Yumi go to Europe and study German as many as six months? 言っていた「くせに」の訳がわからず、! で表現したつもりです。 添削お願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

オンライン英会話がテーマの自由英作文です(後半) On the other hand, there are a lot of online English schools which offer low price lessons to us using Skype. Their prices are lower than even 200 yen per lesson when we choose affordable packages. In terms of opportunities of speaking, it is of great help for improvement to make use of them. If you want to learn English conversation, first I recommend you have lessons of such online schools. Then if you study by yourself simultaneously to help your conversation become better, I can assure you that your English conversation will be getting much better. 後半はなんとなくyouで通しましたが、よくわかりません よろしくお願いします

• 英作文の添削

明日英語ライティングのテストで、自由英作文の問題がそっくりそのまま出るとのことです。 そこでどなたか簡単に添削していただけないでしょうか。 問題:次のテーマについて賛成か反対かを明らかにし、60語程度の英語で自分の意見を述べなさい “Schools in Japan should have classes on Saturdays.” 1)I don’t think schools in Japan should have classes on Saturdays. 2)First, Japanese students are too busy, so they should have more free time to play with their friends. 3)Second, they don’t have much time to study what they want to study. 4)That time will lead Japan to more creative country. 5)For these reasons, I consider classes on Saturdays are not needed. (62語) よろしくお願いします。

• 自由英作文の添削お願いします。

2007年の早稲田大学法学部の問題です。 Students at many universities in Japan are required to study a foreign language, usually English. Some universities require students to study more than one foreign language. Some people say universities should not require students to study a foreign language at all. Which do you think is the best policy? Write a paragraph explaining your opinion. Give at least one appropriate reason to support your answer. I agree with the request for students to study more than one foreign language.This is because not only japan but also other countrise all over the world have been heading for the globarization and foreign languages,especially English have been getting more and more important.If they don’t learn more than one language at their college,they may be left from international society.It is true that foreign languages are not necessary to some of them.However,they should not ignore the fact that there are international disputs around the world.So,they need to study foreign languages so that they can understand other countrise. 合格点(6,7割)を目指しているのですが、この程度ではやはり程遠いでしょうか? アドバイスや感想などありましたらよろしくお願いします。

• 自由英作添削お願いします!!11.早稲田政経

添削お願いします!!                                早稲田政経では文法ミスなどがなければ細かい論理構成までは減点をしません!20点満点でお願いします!!   問題. Read the statement below and write a paragraph giving at least two reasons why you agree or disagree with it."English should be the only official language of Japan" I disagree with the idea that English should be the only official language of Japan.First,it is almost impossible to put this idea into practice. Some Japanese people cannot speak even a word in English,so they will not be able to speak English well,no matter how hard they study English.They are not intelliget enough to learn English.Second,even though English is more widely used than any other language in the world,people who do not go abroad or communicate with foreign people do not have to study English.They have only to be able to speak Japanese language. 20点満点でお願いします!!

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いしたいんですが。。。

現在浪人中なのですが 添削を依頼できる方もおらずこちらに質問させていただきました。 勝手なお願いですがよろしければお願いします テーマ  オリンピックについて自分の考えを約100~150語で述べよ In my opinion, the Olympics are very important events. As you know,this is the age of globalization, so it is necessary for you to contact more actively with foreigners, but there is few opportunity to do so. Some people may say that thay have such chance since a lot of foreigners come to and live in Japan. However, I rarely see Japanese people talking with foreigners very friendly. This is the case. Then,through sports, many people can communicate with people from all over the world. In other words, the Olympics can give you such opportunity. Therefore I would say that the Olympics are very precious.

• 英作文の添削お願いします

京都大学志望です 和文 あなたがどこかの場所を訪れようとすると、当然のことながら土地が主人公となる。ガイドに案内されようと、ガイドブックを持って歩こうと同じことなのだ。まず、どこへ行こうかとプランを立てるそもそもの始まりから、場所が主導権を握り、あなたはその従順な奴隷となってしまう。 訳 When you visit somewhere,needless to say,a place is the most important purpose;so is when you are guided by guides or when walking with a guidebook in hand.At the beginning when you are planning where to go,the place matters,and you have only to follow it.

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします

周りに添削を頼めるような人がいないので、自由英作文の添削をお願いします。ネット上で細かく添削するのは大変だと思いますので、文法上誤っている点の指摘や全体を見ての感想・アドバイスをいただけるとうれしいです。 (問)次の意見について100文字以上の英文で意見を述べなさい。 Multicalturalism is important in today's world. (答) I agree with this statement. Firstly,more and more people in the world go abroad to study and to earn money these days.There are many foreign people around us.If we adopt particular culture,we can't get along with people who have the different culture. Secondly,they know different things from us.we can get many knowledge from them.It is a pity that we cat't learn many things by discrimination. Certainly,if we live in the place where thare are people who have the same culture,we feel comfortable and happy. But it is much interesting that we interact with them. Aiso,Muiticulturalism is adopted including Canada,America,and France,and those countries flourish. Thus,Multiculturalism is important in today's world.